Blossom 24

Lotus Blossom Love

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

I leaned back in my chair in relief as I placed down my pen. Glancing around the room, I saw the different expressions other students were putting on -- some looked relieved just like me, some were pulling out their hair because they didn't get to finish the paper, and others looked like they hadn't a care in the world. Those people probably either aced the exam or just didn't give a damn.

 

I, on the other hand, studied hard so I was sure that I did well enough.

 

"You may now leave the exam room," the Chief supervisor announced through the microphone as soon as all the papers had been collected.

 

I felt a sense of freedom as soon as I left the room. When I my phone, my inbox was immediately flooded with text messages from the others.

 

Daehyun, come over to the café once you're done. We're all here already. -- Yongguk-hyung.

 

I replied with a simple 'OK' before making my way out of the compound. The perfectly cold wind blew mercilessly as I continued to walk along the streets. I pulled my scarf up higher to cover the bottom half of my face then shoved my hands into my blazer pocket. After what seemed like an eternity of fighting the cold, I finally reached the sliding doors of the café which opened and welcomed me into its warm interior.

 

Youngjae held up a hand as soon as he saw me and I made my way over to their table.

 

"Yo, how'd you guys go?" I asked while taking a seat on the edge.

 

There were a series of "It was ok" from the others except for Youngjae, who just shrugged. "It was fun."

 

Himchan-hyung narrowed his eyes at him. "You're doing Medicine and you thought the exam was fun? Please tell me the secret to your intelligence."

 

"Easy. I'm not you," he smirked and we all snickered at the devastated expression Hyung was putting on.

 

"I've never felt as relaxed as I do now," Zelo sighed. "Finally, I've graduated!"

 

Jongup high-fived him as the two of them celebrated their discharge from highschool. "No more having to worry about those horrendous teachers!"

 

Yes. That's right. The two maknaes have graduated from highschool, which means the rest of us have already graduated last year. Which also means… it has already been a year and a half since she left. And I haven't heard anything from her since. None of us have.

 

Yongguk-hyung shook his head. "I can't believe you two babies are already college students next year."

 

Zelo frowned. "I'm a man."

 

There was a moment of silence as Yongguk-hyung, Himchan-hyung, Youngjae and I glanced at each other before we broke out into a fit of laughter.

 

"Ngaw, the baby thinks he's a man," Himchan joked. Zelo frowned even more.

 

"Well at least I'm taller than any of you will ever be." That shut us up real good. Darn him and his stupid tall-as genes.

 

We ordered food and drinks and spent the time just chatting and catching up like we always did. But it was needless to say, it always felt like something -- or someone -- was missing.

 

Jongup sighed. "I miss noona."

 

Instantly we all froze. The name didn't need to be mentioned for all of our thoughts to coincide. Because we all missed her. I missed her.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The double doors of the bus swung open and I thanked the bus driver before stepping off. With heavy steps, I trudged my way down the path. This familiar walk home from the bus stop haunted me each and every time as it brought back certain memories. As much as I hoped and waited for her to appear before me again, I knew that the chances were slim. We belonged to different worlds. Literally.

 

My thoughts were filled with her once again as I mindlessly made my way home to the cold silence. Everything just seemed so quiet now. I didn't even notice a girl was running towards me until she accidentally bumped into me as she ran past.

 

"I'm sorry!" she apologized with a bow and ran off before I could respond or even see her face. I stared at her back image which was quickly getting smaller and smaller before turning back to the front.

 

As soon as I reached my house, I saw a package on the front step. The label plastered on it read 'Lovely Blossoms'. Must be the lily buds my mother wanted me to help her plant. Taking the packet and opening the door, I was welcomed by my empty home once again. I threw my bag carelessly onto the sofa before opening the package. Instead of containing lily buds, the label of the inside package read 'Lotus Blossom buds'.

 

I raised an eyebrow at this as a certain someone became the centre of my attention again. I sighed. Everything reminds me so much of her. Everything reminds me of how I couldn’t stop her from leaving. All I could do was watch as she disappeared before my very eyes. I glanced outside the window at the grey sky with a wistful expression.

 

At least she completed her training and was a full-angel now. She was probably creating a lot of trouble back in heaven, with her superiors having to clean up after her. A smile broke out on my face at that thought. Typical her.

 

I sighed once again before looking at the package in my hands. Maybe I'll just keep these instead.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of a familiar voice. A voice that I longed to hear since that one fateful day last year. Her voice.

 

And no. She wasn't here in person. It was the recording she saved onto my phone and made my ringtone -- the only thing I had of her other than a few photos. In other words, my phone was ringing.

 

~~~Pick up the phone, Daedae-oppa! Don't be lazy you Daebutt, pick up the phone!~~~ her voice sang. I groaned as I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. Without even checking the caller I.D., I swiped the 'pick-up' option.

 

"Hello...?" I croaked in my morning voice. I was still tucked into my nice, warm covers and my eyes were drooping, threatening to fall shut.

 

"Daehyun!" a familiar voice called out. I pulled the phone away from my ear and checked the time on the screen.

 

"Why are you calling me at 8.00am in the morning Yongguk-hyung?" I complained. "Why are you even up this early on the first day of our break?"

 

"Just wanted to tell you that we're crashing over at yours later today," he said with excitement drenching his voice. My eyes popped open.

 

"Today?!"

 

Hyung snorted. "We were gonna make it another surprise gathering again, but then we decided to tell you first. Be grateful for that."

 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah. What time are you guys going to head over?"

 

"We'll be there around 12. And don't worry about food. We've got that covered."

 

"Alright. See you then." I shoved my phone under my pillow and huddled deeper into my covers. "But for now I'm going back to sleep," I mumbled before eventually drifting off to dreamland.

 

 

I probably should've set the alarm for an hour before they were supposed to arrive because I slept all the way through the series of pounding fists on my front door. It wasn't until the phone under my pillow starting singing in her voice again until I finally woke up.

 

'OH CRAP!' was my first thought before I raced down the stairs in my PJs and flung open the door, revealing five very unamused faces.

 

"Oh did we wake you up? Our apologies." Youngjae's voice dripped with sarcasm. I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

 

"Uh… sorry?" I moved out of the way and let my five shivering friends shuffle their way into my heater-warmed home. It was freezing outside and they were stuck out there for god knows how long.

 

"You should be glad you opened the door when you did Daehyun," Himchan said. "Yongguk was a second away from either smashing your door open or throwing a brick through your room window."

 

Yongguk eyed my outfit with a smirk. "And you might want to change into more decent clothing because a girl's gonna be here any second now."

 

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Please don't invite random girls over to my house."

 

The two maknaes shared sly looks at each other which scared me a little. Zelo, I wasn't surprised with but Jongup too? Now that was strange.

 

Youngjae put a hand on my shoulder. "You won't be complaining once she's here."

 

I just pinched my nosebridge and made my way back to my room to change and quickly wash up. As I was about to go back downstairs, my phone started ringing again.

 

"Hello?" I answered.

 

"Oh Daehyun-ah! Good afternoon!" came Mrs. Lee's cheerful voice.

 

I was surprised she was actually calling me. "Mrs. Lee, good morning to you too."

 

"I'm very sorry Daehyun-ah. My daughter must have delivered the wrong package to your house yesterday, so she'll give you the lily packet when she comes around today. And it's 'Auntie' for you, son."

 

Mrs. Le-- I mean 'Auntie' had a daughter? She's never brought it up before. "You don't have to trouble your daughter Auntie. I can come over to your store and collect it myself."

 

She giggled. "Oh it's not a hassle at all, since she's going over to yours anyway. Which reminds me, I have to thank you for inviting my daughter over to your party as well!" I flinched at this. "Have fun you kids," was all she said before hanging up.

 

I stood there trying to process this information. So the girl Yongguk said was coming over is Auntie's daughter? Since when did the guys know her? Since when did the guys even know Auntie? I walked into the living room feeling very much confused.

 

"Mrs. Lee's daughter is coming over?" I asked. The guys glanced at each other and smiled at me knowingly. I creased my eyebrows at their reaction before a lone doorbell tone interrupted us.

 

They all beamed. "That must be her." Youngjae turned to me. "Daehyun, why don't you open the door for her?"

 

I eyed him strangely without a word and left the room. These guys were definitely acting suspiciously. And I didn't like it.

 

As soon as I opened the door, I bowed without really taking a clear look at her. "Welcome to my home. I'm Jung Daehyun."

 

"Thank you for inviting me over. I'm Lee Sooyun." Hearing this familiar name, I froze. Her voice was familiar too, I realized.

 

"Too familiar…" I found myself whispering. Slowly, I lifted my head and finally saw her face clearly. Her hair was different -- straight black long hair with bangs -- but there was no doubt. There was no doubt that it was Sooyun's face. No two people could share the same name and happen to look so similar. I couldn't believe my eyes as I continued staring at her smiling face.

 

I clutched my head and shook it. "I-I'm even imagining things now. It can't be her. It can't be her. So it's not her," I kept telling myself. A finger poked my forehead. I looked at her and saw that she was giggling.

 

"Daehyunnie, you're so funny. The others seemed happier to see me than you. I'm disappointed." She pretended to pout at me. But all I could do was continue blinking at her, not believing the sight before me.

 

"S-sooyun? Is… is that really you Sooyun?"

 

She nodded. "Yep! It's me Oppa. Did you miss me?"

 

With my heart soaring for the first time since the day we confessed to each other, I flung my arms around her and pulled her in for the hug I've been longing to give her for the longest time. I buried my face into her long, black, silky hair. "Finally, you're back Sooyun. You have no idea how much I missed you."

 

She gladly wrapped her arms around me too. "I missed you too Daehyunnie."

 

We heard clapping and cheering in the background and turned to see the guys celebrating our reunion. "Wooh! You go Daehyun! You the man!" I shook my head at them and pulled Sooyun in from the cold.

 

"How?" I asked her. She tilted her head at me. "How did you manage to come back?"

 

Sooyun hugged me and pulled herself closer to me. "With a few sacrifices." I looked at her confused. "I gave up my divine powers and status. Our head seniors also sacrificed their abilities to create a human body for me to remain in the mortal world as a human. So I am no longer an angel anymore, but a human just like you Daehyun."

 

She beamed at me. "I won't be leaving anymore Daehyunnie. I can stay here with you forever."

 

A great big smile broke out on my face and I lifted her up in my arms and swung her around in circles, hearing her squeals. God has answered my prayers and I felt like the happiest man on the earth. "You promise Sooyun? You promise you'll never leave again?" I asked as soon as I let her down again.

 

She giggled. "I promise." Without any warning, I leaned forward and landed my lips on hers.

 

"I love you Sooyun."

 

A wave of protests followed from where the other guys were observing us from.

 

"Hyung! Not in front of us!" Zelo bellowed.

 

Yongguk and Youngjae just smiled at us before pulling Himchan and Zelo out of the room to give us some alone time. Jongup followed them obediently, but not before I heard him say something along the lines of "Noona and Hyung really suit each other." I grinned at that.

 

"And why is it that the others knew you were back before I did?" I interrogated, feigning an upset look. "I thought I meant more to you than that."

 

Sooyun shot me a sly look. "Ngaw, Daebutt's being all jelly-poo again."

 

I leaned towards her ear and whispered, "I'm only jealous because of you." She just giggled and poked my forehead with her finger again.

 

"No need to be. You know I only love you Daedae." I beamed in content and pecked her nose.

 

"So you joined forces with the guys and Auntie to give me a surprise?" She shook her head, to my confusion.

 

"Nope. I'm really Lee Hana's daughter. Well, from my past life, that is."

 

I shot her a bewildered look. "What do you mean?"

 

"The visions I kept having. As I was returning back to heaven, I saw that my mother was actually Lee Hana. So to continue my life here as a human, my superiors only allowed for you and the boys to remember me from when I was here as an angel. Now everyone knows me as Lee Hana's daughter, Lee Sooyun. Their memories have been recreated a little to fit me in," she explained.

 

I nodded my head in understanding. "Now that makes sense. I was wondering why Auntie and my parents never mentioned anything about you since you left." I pinched her nose and pouted a little. "What took you so long to come back anyway…" 

 

Sooyun swatted my hand away. "It might have been a year and a half for you, but only a week has passed in heaven." My eyes widened at this.

 

"It's only been a week there?!"

 

She nodded. "Yep. And I had to do a few rituals too before I could leave, so consider this pretty fast Daedae." She started sulking. "The rituals were so hard to learn too…"

 

Smirking, I tilted her chin up so that she was staring into my eyes again. "Then it must mean that you love me a lot for you to have learnt them so quickly."

 

Sooyun nodded innocently. "Yep! I really love you a lot Daehyunnie-oppa." My heartbeat increased rapidly again and I couldn't hide my happiness.

 

"I love you a lot too Sooyunnie."

 

She let out a final little giggle before I closed the distance between us, sealing her lips closed with mine.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh yeah. And I forgot to bring over the lily buds. Sorry Daehyunnie!"

 

 

===

 

 

And that marks the end of 'Lotus Blossom Love' at 24 chapters!

Thank you all so much for jumping onto this band-wagon and staying until the end. And thank you all for reading and supporting this story. It means a lot to me :')

 

I can't believe I've actually managed to finish one story. But I'm glad because it's not exactly the best thing to juggle three unfinished stories at once... 

 

Check out my other stories too if you want, which I can focus on more now that this one is completed. Daehyun and Sooyun loves you guys too :D Bye!