Blossom 21

Lotus Blossom Love

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

A voice sobbed from behind me. "S-sooyun-ah, my beautiful daughter…"

 

My eyebrows pinched together at this familiar scene. I was kneeling into the slimy mud, head thrown back to stare at the twinkling brightness in the night sky. But before I could turn my head around to see who it was, another voice started calling me.

 

"Sooyun-ah… … I love you."

 

My body froze as my heart started palpitating. The voice… it sounded so very familiar. That comforting voice I often fell asleep to… Who was it?

 

Again, I felt my body being lifted up. But this time, I resisted. Despite thrashing my arms and legs as much as I could, it was but a futile effort. The grip on me only tightened before they finally left me. I shut my eyes, bracing myself for the fall into the water only to feel nothing at all. Opening my eyes in a flash, I saw that I was hovering above the water, as if time had stopped. The moonlight lit up the water's surface, allowing me to see my own reflection.

 

I didn't quite recognize myself, since I looked so different. My hair was not a wavy brown but jet black and straight. My bangs hovered before my eyes. Since when did I look like this?

 

 

The routine electronic beeping entered my senses as I saw the world in my dreams start to fade away into nothing. Slowly fluttering my eyes open, I saw a white ceiling. White ceiling? But my room's blue…

 

Turning my head to the side, I saw that I was lying on a hospital bed right next to different kinds of machinery -- one where the beeping was coming from. Something clicked in my brain.

 

"Ah, that's right," I whispered softly. "I was in an accident."

 

I turned my head to the other side and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw what -- or who -- it was. Right there, just a few inches from my face, was the sleeping face of Daehyun. He looked really tired and even in his sleep, he looked troubled. Slowly pushing myself up in a sitting position, I realized that he must've fallen asleep while waiting for me to wake up.

 

I giggled softly to myself. "Aww, Daehyunnie is so sweet. But I must've worried them so much… must make it up to them by cooking more delicious food!"

 

Feeling my mischievous side take over, I started poking Daehyun's face while he was sleeping. I poked his cheeks, his forehead, his nose, his chin and even his mouth, but he still didn't wake up. "Lazy Daebutt-oppa." It wasn't until I accidentally prodded his closed eye (Oops!) did he finally stir in his sleep.

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

"Ow…" I moaned sleepily while rubbing my sore eye. What was that? Slowly letting my eyes adjust to the bright light, I focused on the figure in front of me. When my vision finally cleared, I saw that familiar bright face beaming at me.

 

"Morning Daehyunnie," she chimed.

 

My eyes widened until they couldn't get any wider. "Sooyun! You're awake!" And before another word could be said, I wrapped my arms around her frail figure and buried my face into her hair. "You're finally awake… you pabo."

 

Sooyun slapped me in the back. "I'm not a pabo!"

 

I pulled back while keeping my hands on her arms. "Yes you are! Who runs into the middle of the road and just stands there!"

 

She pouted. "Hey hey hey! I just wanted to get back that bunny charm you got me. Blergh!"

 

I sighed in defeat. "Alright. Just… don't do something like that again." I looked deep into her eyes. "Don't put yourself in danger like that again. I can't take it."

 

Sooyun burst into laughter. "Ngaw, even when you're being serious you still look adorable." She sent me a wink.

 

Feeling myself heat up like mad, I dropped my arms and moved away from her. There was no doubt that my face was really red right now.

 

"Are you blushing? Omo! Daehyunnie, you're really blushing!"

 

"No I'm not!" I denied.

 

"Ey ~~~ Who are you trying to fool? Your face is really red!" she laughed.

 

I covered my face with my hands. "No it's not!"

 

"It's red like a tomato! Like Junhongie's cherry tomatoes! Teehee…"

 

There was nothing I could do but facepalm and zone out her teasing and giggles until she finally decides to stop. As if God heard my prayers, the door slid open to reveal five all-too-familiar figures.

 

"SOOYUNNIE!" "NOONA!"

 

And of course, it was the long-legged maknae who got to her first. Zelo flung his arms around Sooyun and started wailing loudly.

 

"NOONA!!! WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO WAKE UP! PLEASE DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN NOONA!!! WAAAHH…!"

 

Jongup joined in and Sooyun ended up trying to console her two crying dongsaengs. But that wasn't very long-lived seeing as how Himchan-hyung pushed the two off almost immediately and hogged her to himself.

 

"MY SOOYUNNIE-AH I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OK! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU I FELT LIKE DYING! IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO YOU I SWEAR I WILL MAKE SURE THAT STUPID CAR DRIVER WILL NOT LIVE TO SEE THE NEXT SUNRISE! HOW DARE HE RAM HIS CAR INTO SUCH AN INNOCENT, BEAUTIFUL GIRL LIKE YOU! I'LL HAVE HIM WISHING HE WASN'T BORN BY THE TIME I'M DONE WITH HIM!"

 

We were all starting to get tired of Hyung's incessant rambling and I pinched my nose bridge when I felt a headache coming. Before I could pull him off of Sooyun and shove a sock in his mouth, she tried calming him down herself.

 

"Himchannie-oppa, calm down, calm down. There's no need to do that. It was my fault for not being careful when I stepped onto the road. Don't blame the poor car driver. In fact, I should go apologize to him for bringing him into this mess…"

 

Yongguk-hyung moved forward and roughly pushed away Himchan's face.

 

"Eurgh--! Yah!"

 

"Sooyunnie, dongsaeng-ah. We're just glad you're safe and smiling again." Hyung flashed Sooyun his gummy smile and gave her a one-armed hug. They look like father and daughter. I snickered to myself at that thought.

 

Himchan-hyung stepped forward to break them apart, I presumed, but Youngjae was one step quicker and pushed him away -- again in the face.

 

"Sooyunnie, where's my hug?" Youngjae joked. "I feel so left out."

 

She chuckled. "Come here Youngjae-oppa!"

 

"GROUP HUG!" Jongup yelled.

 

And so, all seven of us huddled up together with Sooyunnie in the middle in a massive group hug. It was all nice and peaceful until a voice broke the silence.

 

"Blergh!"

 

Zelo's face twisted in disgust as he wrinkled his nose and turned towards me. "Hyung, you stink! You didn't take a shower last night!"

 

"BWAHAHAHA!!!" The others burst out laughing as I smacked him in the head with an angry glare.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Author's P.O.V

 

Sooyun remained in the hospital for the rest of the weekend and wasn't discharged until another few days after that. This left Daehyun feeling extremely anxious about his one week time limit which was quickly slipping through his fingers. But he thought of a great idea and decided to finally tell the other guys about what Sooyun's superior had told him the day of her accident.

 

"WHAT?! And you only tell us now?!" they had yelled.

 

Daehyun unblocked his ears and put on a sheepish expression. "I didn't know how to tell you guys."

 

Youngjae sighed. "Alright. We'll go with your plan."

 

"Sounds good," the others nodded.

 

And that was how the seven of us ended up at Lotte World.

 

"Waah ~~~! It's so big!" Sooyun started twirling around in circles as Zelo and Jongup copied her.

 

Daehyun groaned when they started attracting unwanted attention and strange looks from random passersby. Even little kids were pointing and laughing at them.

 

Yongguk stopped them in the midst of their twirling. "Okay, that's enough for today kids. Let's get moving."

 

"Let's go to the Viking ride first!" Himchan beamed.

 

Jongup frowned. "No! The jungle log ride first!"

 

"Neither!" Zelo screamed. "Rollercoaster first! I bags the seat with Noona!"

 

"Aw hell no maknae! I'm sitting with Sooyunnie!" Himchan argued.

 

"I've got a GREAT idea!" Youngjae interrupted with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "How about we all do something together first."

 

That did the trick to trigger the memory of Daehyun's plan.

 

They started laughing awkwardly. "O-ohhh, yeah. Right! Ahahaha, something together first!"

 

Daehyun mentally facepalmed. How he wished they wouldn't somehow blow the plan during the day.

 

"Okay! Then let's go iceskating first," Sooyun suggested while pointing at the massive ice rink. "It looks so fun!"

 

When the guys were all ready with their skates on, Sooyun was still struggling to put hers on. She pouted. "Why are these so hard to put on! There's like, a million laces!"

 

Daehyun chuckled. "Here, I'll help you."

 

Youngjae shot the others a knowing look and led them away. "Take your time, you two lovebirds!"

 

Sooyun just waved at them with a smile while Daehyun could feel himself start to blush. Damn you Youngjae!

 

"So this is how you do it. Hook it from one side to the other until the laces criss-cross and then tie it up when it gets to the top," he demonstrated.

 

She bobbed her head. "Oh, I see. Waah, you're a genius!"

 

Daehyun just chuckled and flicked her forehead. "Come on, let's go skate." He stood up and started walking off until he turned around to see Sooyun wobbling around awkwardly.

 

"Ah! I can't walk properly. I'm gonna fall!" she squeaked.

 

He smiled to himself at her cuteness before holding out a hand. "Here, hold my hand." Daehyun led Sooyun to the ice where she felt even more off-balance.

 

"W-waah! Don't let go Daehyunnie! Or I'll fall!" Sooyun squealed when he teasingly let loose for a bit.

 

The other boys just watched the two from afar and thought how much they matched each other. Just get together already you two.

 

====================

 

 

Sorry guys! Didn't realize I didn't update for a while. So here is chapter 21 ^^

Thanks to my new subscribers and readers too :)