Blossom 12

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

The suspense steadily rose with each passing second Sooyun kept the boys waiting. As much as everybody was excitedly anticipating her answer, there were two people in particular who found this moment much more nerve-wracking than it should have been.

 

Could… she possibly say… me?, they both thought.

 

"I choose…" Sooyun held a finger to her chin and blinked up at the ceiling cutely. "… S--"

 

The ten boys in the room whose names did not begin with an 'S' immediately lost hope. The 'particular two' obviously lost more hope in particular, but one of them retorted back almost instantly.

 

"Yah! Don't you dare say something like 'Sooyun'!"

 

Everyone glanced over at Daehyun and laughed at his outburst.

 

Youngjae punched him in the arm. "Aish, you interrupted her answer!" he complained.

 

Sooyun reached over to slap Daehyun playfully. "Thanks for giving me the idea, Daehyunnie. But no, I wasn't going to." He gave her a sceptic look.

 

"If I were to go on a date with one person in this room that is not myself," she began, saying the last few words pointedly at Daehyun, "then I would choose to go with…

 

...Sunggyu-oppa!"

 

Shock was evident on all the boys' faces, as their eyes popped open at Sunggyu before shifting back to Sooyun.

 

Sunggyu was surprised instead of being smug like it would be expected of the person whose name was said.  He was interested in finding out what her answer was, but surely he didn't expect his name to come out from . "Me?" he asked, perplexed.

 

"You would choose… Hyung?" both Zelo and Sungjong pouted in unison.

 

Sungyeol's face twisted in a mixture of confusion and to Sunggyu's immense dislike, a bit of disgust. "Why?"

 

"Yeah, why Sooyunnie?" Woohyun asked. "He won't be any fun, you know. Being as Grandpa-like as he is, his back might break at the slightest movement." All of Infinite burst out into laughter at that comment, and it was obvious B.A.P were trying to hold back their snickers.

 

"Yah! I'm only a year older than you punks!" Sunggyu snapped.

 

"Yet your body is twenty years older." The eldest glared at the snickering Sungyeol.

 

"Aww don't be mean to Sunggyu-oppa," Sooyun interrupted. "He's young and handsome and a wonderful person."

 

Sunggyu felt a little flustered at her praise but thanked her nonetheless. While in the meantime, twelve others silently turned to look at her with their puppy-dog eyes. Sooyun giggled at their adorableness. "You all are."

 

With that, the cheerful atmosphere from before had returned.

 

"But really Sooyunnie," Himchan said, "what's your reason for choosing Sunggyu-ah?"

 

"Because he can drive and has a car and would make it easier to go around!" she happily announced. Everyone stared at her for a few seconds, before letting an 'ohhh' escape from their mouths.

 

Myungsoo sighed inaudibly. Thank god that's all. Well, at least I don't have more competition…, he thought, glancing over warily at Daehyun.

 

Sunggyu nodded his head in satisfaction. "Which is why I'm so much cooler than you bunch of highschoolers. At least I've got my own car."

 

And so, the next half an hour proceeded with the six members of Infinite happily bullying their Hyung whilst B.A.P and Sooyun busily laughed by the sidelines.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

After spending the whole day messing around at my place, the guys finally left. Actually, they left a bit earlier than they otherwise would have because the weather forecast predicted something of a storm tonight, and that wasn't exactly something you would like to be caught in the middle of.

 

Looking over at Sooyun, I saw that she was on the couch, watching some Korean variety show with idols. I shook my head and smiled. She is so infatuated with these idols called B2ST. Glancing at her a little longer, I remembered what Youngjae had said a little earlier.

 

*Flashback*

 "Yah, disappointed that Sooyun didn't say your name?"

 

I spun around from where I was placing a stack of plates in the kitchen sink. "What?"

 

"You know, the truth question earlier," Youngjae smirked. "Sungyeol and I did it purposefully for you, you know."

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I knew you two were up to no good. Why would you do that? And why would it be for me?"

 

"Aish! Really..." he sighed. "Whether the others have noticed or not, it's obvious Myungsoo really likes Sooyun more than as a friend. You, Daehyun, most definitely feel something for her too."

 

I was going to object to that last part.

 

"DON'T even bother denying it," he snapped.

 

"Yah, you can't just tell someone they can't deny something when it's not even true," I retorted.

 

Youngjae blew a raspberry, infuriating me. "Please, I can see how much you care for her and worry about her for every waking second of your life. You get annoyed when other guys get close to Sooyun and always pull her away. Not to mention the fact that you don't even let her make friends with any of the guys at school. Which is why she runs off to Myungsoo, who is the only other person who actually dares to approach her."

 

"Hey, of course I worry about her! It's not like I'm just going to let her run into some random guy's arms when I'm sure most of them don't have pure intentions. She even asked Myungsoo if he wanted a hug the first time they met! Don't forget that Sooyun came from a much nicer place and doesn't know anything about people. So I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she's ok. We ALL care about her," I reasoned.

 

Youngjae nodded his head. "Yes, that is true, but..." He paused to look at me seriously. "Whether it's because she's different, she's an angel, she doesn't fangirl over you, she lives with you or because you have a promise with her to fulfil -- you have never been like this with another girl before."

 

I stood silent by his words. As much as I didn't want to admit it, he had a point there. It was true that I felt the need to involve myself in everything that involved her, and despite her trouble-making mischievous ways, I felt comfortable around her and liked her company within this otherwise empty house. Groaning, I pinched my nose bridge in frustration.

 

"You really should get your feelings sorted out Daehyun. Otherwise your reactions may get too complicated without you even really knowing why you were like that. And from what I can see, Sooyun has particularly fond feelings for you, be it friendly or something more. I'm sure Myungsoo can see that too. " Youngjae clapped me firmly on the shoulder. "So, good luck with that." He then left to join the others in the living room.

 *End flashback*

 

Sooyun squealed at the little antics the idols were doing on television and I chortled quietly. Makes me wonder how she manages to keep on top of her studies when she spends most of her time either cooking or indulging in music and variety shows.

 

I left her to watch in peace and attempted to study in my room. But not much could be done when my thoughts constantly shifted back to the conversation I had with Youngjae. I sighed and put down my pen.

 

Thinking back to how I acted around Sooyun, I could see how Youngjae was led to think that I liked her. But I was sure I didn't like her that way, neither her to me. And even if I did like her, it was probably because I hadn't been close to another girl since girls started coming after me and the others for superficial reasons. So I cared for her because she was different and I liked her as a friend. Nothing more… right?

 

Frustrated, I rubbed my eyes. The more I thought about it, the more I started to doubt my conclusions. It was all starting to really confuse me, but I didn't want to make things more complicated than it needed to be and just pushed away any doubts.

 

A blinding flash of lightning ended my little sort-out-your-feelings session, as the crashing sound of thunder boomed through the house. Rain poured down hard outside, which made it difficult to see anything through the window. It wasn't long before another wave of lightning flashed through my room window, followed by the deafening sound of thunder. This time it was much louder than it had been before, to the point that I had only faintly heard the piercing voice of a terrified scream embedded through the sounds, as the lights flickered off and the whole house lost power.

 

Ah, Sooyun!

 

I quickly grabbed the torch I kept in my drawer for times like these and used it to light my way downstairs to the living room. Shining the light on the couch, I panicked when I didn't see her there.

 

"Sooyun! Sooyun-ah! Are you ok?! Where are you?!" I called out. But the storm continued mercilessly, as the combined sound of the thunder and the downpour of rain drowned out my voice. I strained my ears to try and pick up a response from Sooyun. Shining the torch around the room, I tried looking for her.

 

Soon, I came across a pair of legs protruding out from under a table. Bending down to her level, I found her hiding under the table, curled up, her face burrowed into her legs and her hands covering her ears trying to block out the sound. Her whole body was shaking.

 

Sooyunnie must be really scared of thunderstorms, I thought. Slowly, I leaned closer to her so that she could hear me more clearly.

 

"Sooyunnie, are you okay? It's me, Daehyun. I'm here now, so it's okay." I rested the torch on my lap and gently tried to lift her head up. Meeting eyes with mine, I saw that she was terrified, as she hastily grabbed both of my hands with hers.

 

"Dae -- !" she was cut off by another boom of thunder, quickly lifting up my hands to block off her ears. Her hands were pressed tightly on top of mine. After a while, she risked a peek at me.

 

"D-Daehyunnie, I'm s-scared-d" she stuttered.

 

I removed my hands from  her head and pulled her in for a hug. "It's okay, I'm here now."

 

She nodded her head. "I never knew storms were this s-scary…" she confessed. "There really isn't 'weather' in heaven… since it's always nice up there…"

 

With another crashing sound, Sooyun burrowed her head deep into my embrace, causing my heart rate to skyrocket. Ah, crap. I knew I shouldn't have been like this, but I couldn't help it.

 

"It's okay, Sooyunnie, it's okay," I soothed. "It'll be over soon. We'll get through this together." I was really hoping that she was too engrossed in blocking out the storm to notice my rapid heartbeat.

 

"T-thank you… Daehyunnie-oppa…"

 

I smiled softly at her words and cradled her, gently rocking our bodies side to side.

 

It's because you're different and need more protection, I thought to myself. You're a nice girl, Sooyunnie, and I've got to admit, I'm glad that you came and became my friend. I'll try not to be so unreasonably over-protective or anything like that anymore.

 

 

==================================

 

A less 'jealous' Daehyun in the future? *Sigh* do you really think you'll be able to? Hahaha :D 

 

Stupid exams looming up real soon... two weeks until freedom :P

 

But thank you for all the support ^^