Just A Moment, Please

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

____________________________________________

 

Sunday afternoon, after I went to see my friends, I thought of a glass of coffee might be a good idea before came home. I entered the café and the smell of coffee welcomed me. Only a few people were in the café. I walked to the counter to order my usual iced Americano. After I got my coffee, I was satisfied to see that the table I usually sit at was unoccupied. It was the best seat here in my opinion. At the corner and by the window. Perfect place to enjoy some coffee at the afternoon. I smiled because for no exact reason, everything was going fine for me since morning. Today, I felt especially good. It felt something good would happen.

 

I sat and about to take my iPhone from my bag, when I saw him. He was sitting alone at the table in front of me. He had his coffee in his hand and a book at other hand. He has beady eyes, round and sparkling. With high cheekbone and full lips. He just leaned back at his chair and lazily played with his glass. Call me crazy, but being showered by sunshine by the window, he looked luminescence. I didn’t know how long I stared at him, but maybe for too long. Because the next thing I know, he looked up to my direction. Were you looking at me by any chance?

 

And that was how it all began. Without anyone knowing, we locked eyes. We shared the light greetings in silent and trembling eyes. And then, a foolish thought crossed my mind. Is this what destiny about?

 

Just a moment, Pilkyo. Get back to your senses! I mentally scolded myself.

But I never felt like this before. Not being able to breathe properly, or feeling that your chest was going ‘Thump! Thump! Thump!’ crazily inside. The strangest thing was I didn’t know why I felt this sensation, but at the same time I knew exactly this was because that man.

 

I was worried now. Was my hair okay? It was windy outside and I hurriedly walked here. I prayed there were no a single hair stuck out. This was definitely not a perfect time to a messy hair. Not when he was looking at me intently. And how about my face? I hoped he wouldn’t think that I was too pale, since he had a dark complexion. Oh my God! My undereye bag! Not that I was sleepy or something. But sometimes it was too visible. Suddenly I regretted my hoodie jacket and my jeans. It made me looked… inconsiderate? Arrggh.. Why I wasn’t pay more attention of my clothes this morning?

 

I didn’t really know if this is love or curiosity. But I couldn’t just let you go without knowing anything like this. I wanted to do as I felt. I laughed bitterly because this was absurd. Breathe, Pilkyo.

 

I coughed instead. I didn’t even know that I held my breath all along. I lowered my head; Crap, did he see me coughing? I grabbed my coffee and sipped a little. Just so I had something else to focus on. I looked up a bit and was surprised as I saw he still looked at me. Were you looking at me too?

 

And I just couldn’t help myself. Again, I looked back at him. I tried to hide it but we keep meeting eyes. This was beyond my reason. Among the many people, we could’ve passed by each other. I had my coffee here every day. Maybe he was a regular also. But why today had to be special? Why I couldn’t chuck out the gut feeling, that this was ‘something good’ that I expected?

 

He smiled a little, and then to my disappointment, looked down to his book. Describe the word ‘panic’. That was my state now. I wanted to screamed at him, ‘Look at me, don’t pass me by.”

 

But, wait a moment, Pilkyo. Even now, I still couldn’t tell if this was love or curiosity. Muster up some courage, Pilkyo! I ordered myself because all I know for sure right now was I couldn’t just let him go without knowing anything like this. I needed to do something.

 

I took a deep breath and tried to gather myself. This was the time to just do it, consequences be damned! I still didn’t know what I would say to him. My heart started to drum crazily again. Wuahh.. This was harder than I thought.

 

At that time, suddenly he closed his book and stood up. He was about to left! Without thinking, I just shouted at him, “Excuse me, just a moment please!”

 

He was startled at my voice and stopped. He blinked once, before asked in disbelief “Yes?”

 

 I wanted to applauded and laugh at myself at the same time. Haha, never in thousand years, Jung Pilkyo was ever being this impulsive.  But, screw that. Screw everything. I told you, this was beyond my capability to reason out. Right now, every cell of myself told me to do as I felt right.

 

I stood myself and hurriedly walked to his table, clumsily bumped my knee to the chair. Smooth, Pilkyo..

“Do you have time right now?” I said right away. There, I said it. No taking it back.

 

“Yes, I have time..” He still had taken aback with my abrupt action. But then he smiled mischievously, “Are you, by any chance, asking me out on a date?”

 

Now that was my turn to be taken aback. “Ah.. well..”

 

“Actually, I was going to walk to your table. I was going to ask you first.. do you have time right now?” He smiled broadly now.

 

“Yes!”

 

____________________________________________________

 

A/N

I hope you don't mind some AU.. ^^ This story based on Hello Venus' song titled "Wait (Just a Moment)"..

Like it? Hate it? Drop your comments, please.. Thank you...^^