They Know

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

“So?” Hyesung asked his boyfriend in most expectant tone.

 

“Huh?” Eric shifted his gaze from his phone which he had been focused on this past hour to face Hyesung who sat in beside him. But Hyesung only lifted his brows without explaining any further about what he was curious about.

 

“Wait, are we in the middle of talking?” Eric asked dumbly, because he was definitely sure they were in complete silence all the while.

 

“So?” Hyesung asked again but now more impatient.

 

“Speak clearly, Pilkyo.”

 

“You know what I’m talking about.” Hyesung pouted automatically. And then suddenly Eric could grasp what the hell his boyfriend was talking about.

 

“Oh, that.”

 

“Yes, that.”

 

“What do you want to know?” And Eric had to use all his might to restrain any smile formed on his face.

 

“What did they say?” Hyesung asked carefully. Unconsciously, he leaned forward and shifted nearer to his boyfriend. Aware of Hyesung’s approach, Eric hurriedly looked at his phone again and bit his inner cheek. He couldn’t risk laughing now.

 

“Mostly they said you’re cute.” Eric tried hard to answer as flat as possible.

 

“Just that?” Hyesung said slowly.

 

“Trust me Pilkyo, even though I post a photo of you peeing on the street, Shinhwa Changjo would predictably say that you’re cute.” And Eric couldn’t help but let a small snicker escaped. Not because right now he was imagining his haughty prince peeing on the street. No, he was not imagining it.

 

Eric didn’t need to count the time until his boyfriend pouts. He just pouted right away after the words slipped from Eric. And for some millisecond, Hyesung asked his sanity to keep in relationship with the man in front of him for more than 10 years now.

 

“You know exactly that’s not what I’m asking about.” Hyesung gritted his teeth and mentally threaten Eric. Throw a stupid joke one more time, you’ll spend a nice time with my fist.

 

Seemed like Eric caught that silent threats anyway, because then he put down his phone and turned to see his annoyed boyfriend. “Seriously Pilkyo-ah, it’s Shinhwa Changjo we’re talking about. What do you expect?” Eric asked slowly. But his hand already held Hyesung’s hand and caressed it lovingly – soothing him.

 

“I think most of them caught it right away and they wish for it to be true.” Eric said again.

 

Few days ago, Eric posted some photos of Hyesung on Shinhwa’s official facebook. Just simple photos, to be honest. Just a photo of Hyesung sleeping, and his silly selca inside the toilet (complete with urinal appearance, if Eric might add), and a photo of Hyesung played bowling and billiard. And the latest upload was a picture of Hyesung’s rice cake, specially cooked for Eric.

 

At first, Eric just posted them without thinking, just because he was so happy at the fact that Hyesung spent most of his times with Eric. He just wanted to share the photos of his adorable Hyesung. But then Hyesung got over-think it. Saying that it would cause some misunderstanding. And he was afraid of the fans’ reaction.

 

Hyesung only pursed his lips and didn’t comment.

 

“They realized right away that recently, we stopped pretending that you hate me or us being awkward at each other.” Eric smiled again. Yeah right, awkward was the stupid pretense though. Hell, Eric was the most honest and comfortable around Hyesung!

 

“And from the comment I saw, they actually like it. They said that it was about the time for us to be more active in showing our affection after some long and tiring pretending.”

 

“I believe deep down in their heart and mind, they knew that we’re in love. That we’re an item.” Eric said proudly.

 

“I hope they won’t hate us.” Hyesung sighed slowly even though Eric’s words already erased most of his worries. “So what we’re going to do now?”

 

“Just doing whatever we’re doing now. I’m happy with that.” Eric shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. It was the truth, he didn’t really care what the world might demand from them. He loves Hyesung. Period. If people couldn’t understand, it wasn’t his obligation to make them do. Even though his status as a Shinhwa member (which was automatically he was belong to Shinhwa Changjo too) sometimes needed him to hide his real relationship, he wouldn’t want to give up Hyesung. Ever.

 

Sometimes Eric just wanted moved to other country and brings Hyesung along with him. So they didn’t have to hide anymore and they could live together and maybe – just maybe – marry Hyesung someday.  But of course they couldn’t afford to lose Shinhwa. So the only option they got now was to keep pretend that they’re just a fellow member and sworn brother.

 

“Okay.” Hyesung finally nodded.

 

Eric smiled to see his boyfriend relaxed now. “Unless, you prefer for me to marry you?”

 

____________________________________

 

A/N

Just a short story I came up today.. I became sooooo delusional after seeing Hyesung's photos parade on Shinhwa facebook, so I think I have to write something about it.. ^^ (and because I believe it was Eric who uploaded those photos ;p)

And when I mentioned Shinhwa Changjo above, I'm NOT talking about ALL Shinhwa Changjo.. I was talking about THIS Shinhwa Changjo *pointing at myself* and all the opinion was MY opinion (not a general opinion of all Shinhwa Changjo)..

Enjoy.. ^^