Stupid Question

I Don't Know What to Call Us

A/N

Here is third chapter.. A bit short, though.. Hope you all enjoy it..

I dedicated this to Gwillion for her encouragements -- at least I owe you this, Martine..

And to LiDy_1029

Happy reading.. ^^

 

_______________________________________

 

 

We stopped at red light when suddenly he turned to face me.

 

“Hyesung-ah, if you could turn back time and have a chance to choose, what would you choose? Being straight or gay?”

 

I looked at him, couldn’t believe my ear. Maybe his mom dropped him when he was a baby. There’s no other reason for his idiocy sometimes. He waited for my answer while tapping steering wheel slowly. And yes, you guessed right, of course with that silly grin on his face. “I won’t answer. Stupid question.”

 

“Come on, Hyesung-ah..” His whining five years old boy personality strikes.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” I returned my gaze to my phone. “Straight, of course.”

 

He fell silent. If only I didn’t being too occupied in replying message to my mom, I would notice how his hands trembling on steering wheel.

 

***

 

We arrived at my apartment late at night. I kicked my shoes away then walked hurriedly to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. Downed it in one go. God, this day shooting is tiring.

 

I looked around and notice that I was alone. Strange. Where is he?

 

I walked out and looked for him. He just stood there in my living room. “Eric, do you want some water?”

 

He shook his head slowly. I approached him and stopped in front of him. His blank face looked at something in my face, but definitely not to my eyes.

 

“You’re okay? You were strangely quiet all day. Are you sick?” I touched his forehead and his cheeks and his neck. No, his temperature was normal.

 

“Hyesung-ah..” he started weakly.

 

“Yes?” I answered and smiled to encourage him.

 

“Did you mean it?”

 

“What?” I waited a minute in silent until he answered.

 

“You want to be straight..??” he whispered very very softly.

 

I was in the brink of laughing hard, but was seeing his pained look, I stopped immediately.

 

“Eric, you mean you’re all quiet and troubled the entire time because of that?” I asked carefully.

 

But this tall 35 years old man before me didn’t answer.

 

“I was joking. I told you it was stupid question.” I put my hands on his shoulder.

 

He blinked but still said nothing.

 

“Don’t you think it would be really weird? Because now I would be dating some tall muscular woman with dark complexion. Not to mention she would have low voice and peculiar preference for being .” I hugged his neck now.

 

Automatically he circled his hands to my waist. “You should’ve told me earlier. I had a horrible day. An extremely horrible day. ”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Gimme a kiss.” He leaned forward which I happily obliged.

 

We parted after a minute and he smiled so close to my face. I smiled back to him and hugged him closer. No, I regret nothing.

 

 

______________________________________