Introduce Me to Your Noona

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

 

It started two weeks ago. My mood got worsened day by day since two weeks ago. I remembered it was my sister left her purse at home. She called me and asked if I could fetch it to her. Since I was going to my basketball practice that afternoon and would be meeting with my friend near the café she was working part time, I didn’t think twice to say yes. But now I wished I said no.

 

I came to the café where she was working part time and handed her purse. She smiled and tried to pinch my cheek teasingly (her habit which I really really hate). I turned away and could hear she shouted her thanks and how she loved me. She loved to tease me like that because she knew how I hate it when someone showing some affection and touching me. She always said that my irritated reaction was too cute.

 

And I hated it when she called me cute. No guy should be called cute. Not me.

 

And I remembered what happened next. Eric – my friend which I have a crush on – gawked and asked, “That’s your noona? Wow, she’s really pretty!”

 

“Come on, we’re almost late.” I wanted to ignore his question and continued to walk. But his next words got me off guard.

 

“Does she have a boyfriend? If she doesn’t, then can I like her?” He asked with such a happy smile and expectant eyes.

 

I never hated my noona. Even now, I couldn’t hate her and I knew that I would never. I love her very much. But having your only sister as your love rival was too much. Not to mention the fact that she was much much better than me. Both of us had fair white skin, soft black hair, small faces, small eyes, thin lips and slim figure. Which was good for her but bad for me. She became a slim pretty girl with pretty smile, whereas I turned into a scraggy and delicate-looking guy.

 

Even though my sister was ugly, she still had the better chance with Eric since she was a girl.

 

And Eric seemed serious this time. He never let a minute passed without asking about her. Did she eat? What’s her favorite color? Favorite book? Does she like sweets? Does she hate horror movie? What’s her ideal type? Is she always looked so adorable wearing that apron? And so on.

 

I never hid my upsets, but it only made him be more enthusiastic. He would continue his train of questions with a wide grin plastered on his face. How I wanted to hit his stupid face. Did he really don’t know that I like him?

 

We were classmates since our first year on middle school but he never noticed me. And that was natural, because he was too popular to be in my reach. Basketball star, with handsome face and well-built posture, he could easily make any girl whipped. And to my case, even a boy could not escape his charm. He was somehow idiotic on many times and I had to turn my head away on those times or else I might ruin my perfect dream about him.

 

For a year of being his classmate, I was happy enough looking him from afar, cheering for him on the bleachers, and having lunch near his table. But not even once during that one year, I had courage to actually talk to him. On second year of being his classmate, I learned that he frequently visits a snack shops near his house. So every day I came there and ate spicy rice cakes in hoped that I would meet him. I did meet him, but he only nodded and said nothing more. I kept going and eating there, I had to endure stomachache because of those spicy rice cakes. I didn’t even like spicy food but I ate them because of him. For a year.

 

On third year, I practically made a huge leap of my life by starting play basketball. I was more than lousy back then, just holding the ball made gone blank and lost of what to do next. I embarrassed myself, scratched my knees and elbows, and sprained my ankles too many times to count. But I kept practicing. As a result, by the end of the year, I could call myself a descent basketball player. And during the process, Eric finally talked to me.

 

We’re on our first year on high school and once again classmates. Now people called us close friend. We talked comfortably and had our lunch together at the same table. We walked to school and basketball practice together. Now, after all those things I did just to get close to him, I had to accept the reality that he was attracted to my sister.

 

“Hyesung, please introduce me to your noona.” Eric asked once again.

 

“No.”

 

“I had no other intention rather than asking her for a meal.” Eric said still smiling.

 

“No.”

 

“Then please, give me her phone number.” Eric now poked my cheek with his finger. He also knew how much I hate it when he did.

 

“Stop it! And no!” I shoved his hand and glared at him. “There are truckloads of people who want her number. You wouldn’t have any better luck than them!” I said before left them. For my surprise, his expression was a mixed of amused and glee. Which was weird.

 

But then Eric found out his own way to my sister. One day he said that he would meet her on the café where she was working. I followed him and that bastard really went to meet my sister. He walked straight to her on the counter and soon they were chatted. I couldn’t hear what they were talking about though, since I was hiding outside the window. But even from afar, I could see how my sister smiled happily and Eric talked shyly.

 

That was the worst day of my life. So far.

 

When I was home that night, my sister came to my room and began asking about Eric. She couldn’t stop giggling and for me it sounded like a mock. It made me crazy. How I supposed to help my sister hook up with my crush? But of course I couldn’t tell her the truth, so I just shouted at her, saying that I was tired and please be out of my room.

 

That night was also the worst night of my life. I couldn’t even blink my eyes. I was so caught up in my anxiety, I would see her and Eric holding hand or hugging or kissing (yuck!) every time I close my eyes.

 

Now two weeks passed since that day Eric saw my sister for the first time. Right now they were strangely got along well. I didn’t know what he did say to her, but she gladly gave her number to him. I knew her, she wouldn’t give it if she didn’t really interested. They exchanged texts often and it made me want to hit the brick wall. And Eric ridiculously visited the café almost every day now. I could see him sitting on one seat and talking with my sister.    

 

“What’s with the scary face?” My sister asked me. This morning Eric told me that he wanted to confessed to my sister. So that was why I wore this dark expression.

 

“Nothing.” But my sister didn’t have to know about that. But wait a minute. “I thought you will meet with Eric right now?” I asked confused.

 

“Hmm, no.” She shook her head slowly.

 

“But I was sure he told me that he would meet you.” There’s no way I heard it wrong. I was nearly faint this morning because of that.

 

“Well, I won’t go.” She answered rather nonchalantly.

 

“What?”

 

“I won’t go.”

 

“But he’s waiting for you!” I almost shrieked.

 

“I don’t want to be in an awkward situation.” She shrugged her shoulders, her face was somehow apologetic. I hurriedly ran to my room and looked for my phone. I called his number but it was off.

 

“Did you tell him that you won’t come?” I yelled to my sister. She already on my bedroom door and shook her head in silent.

 

“You’re too much, noona!” I scolded her before grabbed my jacket and ran outside. I ran and ran to the park near our school where I knew he would be waiting for her. The air was cold and I was wondering how long had he waited in this cold weather. Did he have enough sense to wear gloves and hat?

 

I ran the empty park and found him sitting on the bench beside the basketball field. His shoulders were hunched and he put his both hands inside his jacket pockets. He tapped his feet nervously. He was still waiting for my sister and had no idea that he was being stood up.

 

“Eric?” I called him slightly out of breath.

 

He turned to see me and smiled widely. He quickly got on his feet and said, “You came.” I didn’t know what made him smiling so happily like that. “You really did come!” He then ran towards me and hugged me. I was so shocked, I couldn’t move. He hugged me tighter and I guess I heard him whispered, “Thank God.” I felt myself gawked and my heart started to beat crazily.

 

“Why are you like this?” I stuttered. Was he supposed to wait for my sister?

 

“Let’s sit down.” He released me then led me to the bench. He made me sit and I could only follow. “I brought coffee and carp bread. I hope it’s still hot.” He talked happily while opening one paper bag he kept beside him.

 

“Noona won’t come.” I was finally able to use my mouth.

 

“I know.” He smiled. “It’s you I’m waiting for.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Hold your coffee, you must be cold.” He pushed the coffee cup to my hand. When I looked up at him again, suddenly he asked “Hyesung-ah, would you be my boyfriend?”

 

I was so startled I made a gurgled sound as the answer. So embarrassing.

 

“I should’ve asked you before but I had no courage back then.” Eric scratched his cheek nervously.

 

“But you like my noona.” I said dumbly.

 

“Um, it was me making sure if you also like me.” He answered carefully. “I like you and somehow I think you like me too. But on other times you were too uptight I thought maybe I was wrong. So I said that I liked your noona to make you jealous.”

 

“You’re kidding me, right?” I was taken aback by his words. So he knew that I like him all this time. Since when he knew that I like him? I felt my face heated on that.

 

“I talked to your noona and asked her to help me confess to you.” Eric added quickly. “Tonight was also her plan. And even the carp bread was her suggestion, she said you like red bean filling.”

 

“So you’re pestering me all this time about my noona just to make me jealous?” Did he enjoy seeing my sadness and upsets? And suddenly I was angry. I shoved his hands and was about to pour my coffee to him but he stopped me.

 

“I’m sorry, I should’ve told you right away.” 

 

“I had the worst two weeks of my life.” My voice was shaking. I had a habit to cry when I was too angry or too happy. Please God, don’t let me cry on this time.

 

“I’m sorry.” Eric cupped his hands on my cheeks. His hands were cold and I felt myself shivered from his touch. “But I was so stupid I can’t find a perfect moment to actually tell you.”

 

I looked at his eyes and saw sincerity on them. “Are you serious?” I asked it anyway.

 

He nodded frantically. “I really really like you Hyesung-ah.”

 

“Ask me again.”

 

“Would you be my boyfriend?” God, Eric was so much more handsome close up.

 

I nodded. He then leaned forward very slowly before planted a kiss on my cheek. He hurriedly pulled away and we laughed awkwardly soon after. Oh my God, I can’t believe this! Eric Mun is now my boyfriend and he just kissed me!

 

“So my noona knew everything?” I whispered slowly. So that’s what her giggles and smiles meant. Eric nodded. I lowered my head then groaned, “Oh, embarrassing. How I should face her now?” But Eric only laughed heartily.

 

We then sipped our coffee and ate the carp bread (I only ate the filling though) while chatted normally. Well, not really normal since we held hand all the while with our cheeks blushing and our hearts dancing.  

 

I should thank my noona after this.

 

_________________________________

 

A/N

These days I'm sooo obsessed with Nu'est's song "Introduce Me to Your Noona."

I like the song and I'm so so soooooo loving the dance! It's so cute... I'm grinning like an idiot every time I watched it... And so I thought I had to write something based from that song... ^^

And I think I should stop writing Eric being so romantic and perfect... kekeke....