"I'm Bored"

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

 

Eric glanced at his ringing phone and subconsciously smiled when he sees the caller’s picture. A picture of a smiling man holding Gomdorie’s paw flashed on his phone’s screen. Under it, the caller’s ID read ‘My World’. Eric didn’t wait any second more to pick up the call.

 

“Hyesung-ah.” Eric breathed the name immediately, felt so relieved to be untied from his works even for just a several seconds.

 

“Where are you? What are you doing?” Hyesung asked with his usual impatient pace.

 

“What do you mean? I’m in my office of course.” In case you don’t know, your boyfriend here is a busy person. Very busy person. Eric continued only in his head.

 

“Busy?” Hyesung asked nonchalantly.

 

“Uh huh.” Eric glanced sadly at the stack of papers in front of him – contracts that he needs to read immediately. “But I can talk.” Eric added quickly, not wanting to upset the spoiled prince at the other end.

 

“Erm, then we have a problem here. Because I wish for you to come back home immediately.” Hyesung said almost whined.

 

“What happens? Is everything alright?” Eric perked up on his seat nervously.

 

“Yeah, everything is alright.” Hyesung said slowly. “But still, can you come?”

 

“I can’t.” Eric said firmly as he leaned back on his seat. This spoiled brat, Eric hissed silently, who the hell he thinks he is? How dare he order me to come to his house as he pleases? My lover or not, I won’t let him. I’ll kill the person who spoils him too much, now he thinks he’s a living prince for real. But Eric hurriedly took back his words when he realized that it was himself who spoils Hyesung a great deal at every minute he breathes – hence turned Hyesung into a person like he was now.

 

“If you can come here in less than thirty minutes, I’ll have with you.” Hyesung replied shortly.

 

For the seconds that continued, none of them said anything. Hyesung was waiting for Eric’s decision while Eric was dealing with his suddenly-not-working brain. Did he just say he’ll have with me? He didn’t even sugar coating the words. Is he serious? Eric asked inside his nonfunctional brain.

 

“Hyesung-ah, are you drunk?” Eric asked slowly. There’s no other reason possible for his blunt offer, even though Eric was aware that Hyesung’s voice didn’t sound drunk at all.

 

“I’m not drunk. I’m bored.”

 

Ah, of course.

 

‘I’m bored’ was the ultimate reason for Hyesung’s every extraordinary and remarkable doings. One time, he ever woke Eric up and asked him to have a picnic on Han River – in the middle of the night at winter! – just because he was bored. Sleepily, Eric forced himself to sit on passenger seat and listen to his lover’s enthusiastic giggles. They purchased cold kimbab and coffee cans at convenience store that thankfully, opens for 24 hours. (“It’s not picnic if there’s no kimbab!” Hyesung said). They made it to Han River and sat on Hyesung’s car hood and sipped their now-cold coffee. But they only lasted for less than five minutes there, because Hyesung wanted to go home again. (“It’s freezing here and I’m no longer bored”). If only Hyesung wasn’t smiling so genuinely bright that night, Eric would surely punch the man in the face.

 

Should I come? Should I not come? Does it make me become even more powerless if I come just because he mentions ?

 

“I’ll come.” Eric’s mouth voiced his true desire. I am his slave. I turned into his slave. Eric chanted in misery.

 

“Good. If you arrive after thirty minutes, the deal is off.” Hyesung said in beaming tease.

 

“Tch! You will wait for me. What are you going to do by yourself, anyway?”

 

“Mun Junghyuk, I am a master of having fun with myself.” Hyesung replied nonchalantly. Eric groaned when he realized that it was true. The creature named Shin Hyesung was an exceptional species. He could have been nearly brain dead from bore, but on other times, he could have fun with nothing but himself. Sometimes, Eric thought that Hyesung only wants to annoy him when he says that he’s bored.

 

“You go take a shower. The second I get in your house, I don’t want to wait for anything.” Eric stood up from his seat.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Twenty nine minutes and ticking!” Hyesung happily shouted before cut the call.

 

Eric couldn’t decide whether Hyesung’s action was cute or creepy, but it wasn’t important now. He checked his watch – 10.06 pm – he still had time until 10.35. He shut down his computer and cursed at every second it took to save his data. His now-started-to-boil-blood ordered his whole body to hurry. He glanced at his undone paper works, but decided to leave it there. Let Minwoo scold me tomorrow, he decided.

 

But he had no such luck, because the moment he was out of his office, his co-CEO was already standing at the door. “Where are you going?” He asked calmly.

 

“Home.”

 

“You finished reading all those contracts?” Minwoo asked in a bit surprise.

 

“Um, no. But I have to go home.”

 

“Why? Is something happen?”

 

Eric only shook his head. He knew better not to tell Minwoo his real reason.

 

Minwoo squinting his eyes, knowing that his bestfriend had neglected his job. “I need to discuss something to you.” He said finally, gestured on some music papers in his hand.

 

“Can we talk about this tomorrow? Hyesung is – “ Eric purposely let his sentence unfinished.

 

“Hyesung can wait.” Minwoo said firmly and tugged Eric’s elbow to enter his office again.

 

They then spent the next minute arguing. “Please let me go this time. I’ll make sure to call you first time in the morning. Hyesung is waiting.” Eric pleaded. But of course, Minwoo didn’t let him go. “Yah! Hyesung can wait! I’m sure he will understand if he knows that this is about our album! I’ll call him personally right now to explain! Now, listen.”

 

Eric finally succeeded to persuade Minwoo and give him ten minutes to discuss their new song material, but nothing more. Eric knew he acted foolishly right now and he was completely aware that he put his priority wrong, but he couldn’t help it. Minwoo talked fast and rather grumpily, while Eric practically squeezed his brain out and tried to think faster and sharper during the limited time. They miraculously finished their ‘discussion’ in eight minutes, even though Minwoo clearly not so much satisfied with it. He marched out Eric’s office by saying “I hate you!” in the most disgusted tone.

 

Eric ran to his car and started the engine, only to see that he ran out of gas. He calculated inside his head, thinking that he could manage to the gas station but not to Hyesung’s apartment without refill the tank. He checked his watch – 10.17 – and sighed to know that he still had time. But then he was terrified to realize that his wallet was nowhere to be seen. He frantically checked his coat, his dashboard, his bag and didn’t find it. Took him several seconds to recall that he put his wallet on top of his office’s desk after he paid his take out dinner this afternoon. Three stories above, on the farthest room of his company’s building.

 

Eric dashed out his car and ran to his office again. Damn Hyesung for giving me deadline! He found his wallet on his desk and dashed back to his car. It must have been his adrenaline that made him not caring that he was nearly breathless running up and down the stairs without resting. Once inside the car, he started the engine and made a turn its tires produced a screeching sound. He checked his watch, and cursed when he learned that he only had fifteen minutes left. If the traffic was loose, it only took him ten minutes to get home. But he had to buy gas too. Can I make it?

 

On the first red light, Eric only tapped his hands on the steering wheel. On the second red light, he began biting his lips. But on the third red light, he cursed. How on earth he could be so luckless! He managed to get stuck on every traffic light! “Why does the damn thing have to turn into red again?!” He nearly shouted when once again, he got stuck on his fourth red light in a row.

 

He made a turn on the gas station and checked his watch again. Fifteen more blocks and he only had twelve minutes. He stared at the three cars ahead of him. On average, each car would need less than a minute to fill its tank. Including his own car, Eric hoped he would have at least nine minutes to get home. Seemed reasonable, I can make it on time.

 

As he waited for his turn, he began thinking about Hyesung again. Nobody would understand him or his crazy actions. It was true that he could have his share of on any other day than today – no need to hurry like a chicken – they were in a healthy relationship anyway. But, then again, it was Hyesung’s words of ‘I’m bored’ that made Eric became manic.  The last time Hyesung paired the phrase ‘I’m bored’ with , it became one of the best night of Eric’s life. Back then, because Hyesung was bored of his own bedroom view, he reserved flight tickets for two and a hotel room on Jeju.  Never in Eric’s life before, had he loved it so much spending his time (or his entire day, to be precise), being and sweating at the balcony with his naughty lover. No need to say, it was the best.

 

‘I’m bored’ from Shin Hyesung was a limitless possibilities.

 

But of course, no one would understand Eric’s giddiness. Not all of people had a wild boyfriend like his.

 

But the first car, took almost a minute because the driver couldn’t find his card. The second car’s driver took a leak on the toilet and spent another minute. But the worst was the third car – she shamelessly ordered the employee to take a cup of coffee for her. ! By the time Eric got his tank filled, he only had less than seven minutes.  

 

Few more blocks and Eric would arrive safely at Hyesung’s apartment. But at the very moment he made a turn to one way road, his phone buzzed.

 

“I’m running out of rubber. Can you buy it on your way? I’ll give you one minute bonus.” Hyesung said clearly, and then hung up. Not even gave Eric to reply a single word.

 

He groaned miserably. There’s no store along this one way road, so it means that he had to circle the block again to buy Hyesung’s request. “Stupid rubber! Stupid one way road! I hate you, Shin Hyesung!” But the person he hates the most was himself. Because only by listening to Hyesung’s three short sentences, he got hard. Just like that.

 

“Hopeless. I am hopeless.”

 

He circled the block and pulled over in front of a convenience store. He put on his long coat and made sure it covered his embarrassing bulging. He hurriedly paced to medicine stalls and took two packages of prophylactic rubber. He tried to move as fast as possible, but his heart sunk when he saw the queue on the cashier. What is wrong with me and the queue tonight?

 

He checked his watch – four minutes left. But Hyesung gave him one minute bonus, so he still had five minutes. He assured himself that it was okay. The young girl on the cashier worked like a sleepy snail. Even though the two persons in front of Eric only bought cigarettes and snacks, she needs nearly two minutes to finish it. Eric took a deep breath when it was his turn – he began to think that he wouldn’t be able to make it.

 

The girl blinked and looked at him in awe. “Are you Eric Mun?” She stood still and clearly not intending to ring Eric very soon.

 

“No.”

 

“Woah, you’re very handsome!” She said and still not doing anything.

 

“Please, I’m in a hurry.” Eric gritted his teeth.

 

“Oh, of course.” She pressed the register and giggled while doing so. “Have a great night!” She giggled even more when she handed Eric his shopping.

 

Eric ran to his car again. Three minutes! Three freaking minutes left!

 

He drove and drove and thought that he could get in an accident if he drives like that. He was so nervous that he held his breath all along. What if I’m late? Hyesung is very strict. He won’t listen to my explanation and he will let me sleep on the couch without ever touching him. After running here and there, what if I ended up sleeping on the couch?

 

“Stop thinking so negatively! I can make it.” Eric ordered himself when finally, he arrived at his building. He made a turn and got into the parking basement. He began his frantic running again to the elevator. Even though it almost midnight, the elevator took forever to go down. Eric finally understood the reason why those Dubai’s people were so eager to have a super fast elevator inside their hotel and apartment. So they didn’t have to face something like this – waiting stupidly for the elevator that took forever just to meet his boyfriend who cruelly gave him thirty minutes deadline. Maybe I should move to Dubai. Eric thought morosely.

 

If the elevator needed forever to go down, then it also took forever to climb up. Eric’s hand felt sweaty when he looked at his watch and realized that he only had nine seconds. Nine seconds! And he was still the floors shy from his lover’s unit. “I’m not going to make it.” He mumbled. And it was true. No matter how he ran, the moment he punched Hyesung’s passcode, he knew he already late.

 

Eric stopped at Hyesung’s entryway when he saw Hyesung was waiting for him. Wearing white T-shirt and dark blue boxer, Hyesung was standing there and drying his hair with a towel. Even with the simplest clothes, he looked so beautiful in Eric’s eyes. And hot, he looked so hot in Eric’s eyes. He took a shower, Eric thought. Eric thought about sniffing Hyesung’s neck and enjoyed his soap and shampoo smell, and got even harder. But something on Hyesung’s hand made Eric nervous. Hyesung held his handphone.

 

“You’re late. The deal is off.” Hyesung said shortly, and mercilessly.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!” Eric felt his knees weakened, he had to lean back to the wall.

 

“What took you so long anyway? Do you even want to do this?” Hyesung asked in accusatory.

 

 “YEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!”

 

Hyesung only clicked his tongue but didn’t seem interested anymore. This was what Eric afraid the most. There was a wicked person living inside Shin Hyesung’s body. And that wicked person was very moody and Eric was sure he also showed symptoms of bipolar.

 

Eric squatted on his place, felt so impotent and wronged. But how on earth he would explain his reasons of being late to Hyesung? He weakly threw the plastic bag he just purchased to the floor. “I get you this.” He said – suddenly felt very very tired from all the running.

 

Hyesung didn’t answer. But when Eric looked up to see his face, he found Hyesung was chuckling silently. Hyesung cleared his throat and forced himself to look serious. He straightened his back and a wicked glint on his eyes appeared.

 

“Just because I love you, I suggest another deal. If you can take off your shoes and socks and follow me inside in less than thirty seconds, the game is on again.” He said and ended his sentence with a wink. He then turned around and walked fast to his bedroom – assuming that Eric would soon follow him.

 

No need to tell Eric twice, he already kicked his shoes away and tore off his socks. Thirty seconds. I can make it this time.

 



 

A/N

Just a silly story I wrote without thinking. Maybe I'm bored too, that's why I wrote this story. :p

Let me know if I need to change the tag, since I use many blunt words here.. Thank you ^^