The Many Times of Our Break Up

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

A/N

Finally, after a long wait, I could finish a oneshot for you! ^^ Sorry and thank you for waiting patiently (or not so patiently maybe)

And it was just a silly idea I got on one morning, so please bear with it.. But honestly, I had so much fun writing this, kekeke... Enjoy ^^

 

 

1.

 

“Pilkyo-ah, how about you’re staying at the same room as Eric?” Minwoo asked him when we had meeting that morning. We were talking about our preparation of our overseas tour concert and our accommodation there.

 

Hyesung looked up to see Minwoo. “Why would I want that?” Hyesung asked rather offended.
 

“Eric would be sneaking and sleeping on your room anyway. So why don’t we just rent one room for both of you and save the money?” Minwoo explained confidently.

 

“Then it was his problem. Why I have to be one who suffers? No, I want my own room.” Hyesung, my boyfriend of 14 years, pouted and shook his head in displeased. Then he sent a distasteful glare to me, as if I was the one who brought the idea.

 

“Come on, Pilkyo-ah. We should cut loses our company’s money as much as we can.” Minwoo kept insisting despite Hyesung’s sudden change of mood. “I think Eric would be okay with that. He’s your boyfriend anyway, why do you need separate room?”

 

“Then I’m breaking up with him.” Hyesung said in relaxed. “So give me my own room.” He continued with scary nice yet vicious voice.

 

“Yah! Minwoo! Look what have you done!” I said while throwing the papers I had in my hand, straight to my co CEO’s face.   

 

 

2.

 

“Pilkyo! Explain this!” I was furiously storming inside his apartment that particular noon. Fifteen minutes ago, I got a message from him. Saying only one sentence.

 

Let’s break up.

 

I almost fell from my chair on my office when I read that. What did I do wrong this time? The next thing I knew, I was driving like a maniac to his apartment. But here he was, sitting innocently while playing internet games in his room.

 

He shifted his gaze from his computer’s screen to me then asked, “What?”

 

I showed him his text in much anger. He was the one who sent the message. What the hell he was thinking to play dumb about it?

 

“Oh, that.” He blinked slowly. “I’m bored.”

 

“What? You’re bored?” I asked perplexed. “You’re breaking up with me because you’re bored?”

 

He only nodded. But I couldn’t really read his solemn expression. Oh .

 

“If you’re breaking up with me, what would you do?” I asked. I didn’t realize that my hands hung motionless on the side. I thought my knees were going weak too.

 

“Dating my ex, maybe.” Hyesung shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

 

“You’re serious?” I almost choked my own saliva. He nodded again. Then it was awkward silence.

 

“So,” He started, “Want to go out with me tonight?” He asked slowly but with solid glee in his eyes.

 

“Go with your ex!” I yelled.

 

“But Eric, you’re my ex.” Hyesung curled his lips into wicked smile. “Pick me up at seven?”

 

 

3.

 

Everybody was startled to see me this morning. Since I got out the car, all eyes were directed to me. So I ran fast inside the practice room and sat in the corner. I tried so hard to blend in with the wall.

 

“Hyung, why do you cover your face like that?” Jinnie asked when he approached and sat beside me on the practice room floor.

 

“He doesn’t want to see my face anymore.” I whispered.

 

“Who?”

 

I rolled my eyes but then I realized he couldn’t see it. “Him.” I said shortly. Did he really don’t know who the person I refer to is?

 

“Oh, him.” Junjin nodded in sympathy. He tapped my back lovingly and perhaps he tried to encourage me by sighing hard with me. It didn’t work though. I still felt miserable.

 

“But Hyung, you look really stupid wearing that full face helmet inside the practice room. How you can dance wearing that?” Junjin asked again with his hand was still on my back.

 

“Don’t talk to loud, Jin-ah. He doesn’t want to hear my voice too.” I reminded Junjin while still whispering. All the time, I eyed the slender man across the room who was busy talking with one of our dancer. His back was tense and his expression was grim. And he did his best to avoid looking at me.

 

Junjin sighed again. “Bear it for a little while, Hyung. I’m sure he will make up to you tonight or tomorrow morning. So until that time, FIGHTING!” Junjin tapped my back a little harder now.

 

“Now you can go, Jin-ah. Or else, he would be angrier.” I tapped his knee once to tell him it was okay to leave me alone.

 

“Okay.” Jinnie said before got up on his feet and walked towards his beloved hyung.

 

But then, the door opened and Minwoo entered. He swept his gaze across room and stopped at my direction. He took off his sunglasses and gawked before asked, “Eric! What the hell are you wearing?”

 

“Sshh, Minwoo. Don’t talk too loud.”

 

 

4.

 

He threw me one package of his new CD. It landed on my lap before I looked up to see his face. He only gestured to the CD so I looked down again and wondered what he really meant.

 

It had something written on the cover.

 

To: Eric

?

 

“Compare it with the other’s” He said shortly before turned his heel and walked away. I asked about the other members’ CD to find that Hyesung wrote different things on the cover. Just a random nickname from Hyesung for them. But then I realized Hyesung drew a little heart on other’s CD, in which that stupid little heart was absent on mine.

 

And for some ridiculous reason, I was jealous.

 

So what? Just because we’re breaking up right now, I didn’t deserve it? Now I didn’t deserve to be his friend?

 

“What do you mean by that?” I asked him the first chance I saw him.

 

“You don’t know?” He retorted rather annoyed.

 

“No, would you please enlighten me?”

 

“You’re an .” He hissed.

 

“Hey, it was you who asked for a break up on the first place!” I still love him with my whole heart, but right now I had the urge to punch him in the face. He was the one who dumped me. Why I’d be the ?

 

“So why don’t you ran after me and changed my mind?” He approached me and stopped just inches away from me. “You should’ve done that. And I hate you because you didn’t!”

 

“But..”

 

“And I miss you! You should’ve called me and talked to me first, because I hate it the most when I can’t talk to you!”

 

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled after listened to his blurted out. “So, uh – Pilkyo, it means we’re getting together again?” I asked timidly.

 

 

5.

 

“You laugh?” Hyesung suddenly sat up and released himself from my embrace. We were watching a movie and snuggled to each other on his couch that night. “It was the saddest part of this movie, and you laugh?” He let out a voice that sounded like a shriek.

 

“His face was so funny with all those tears and mucus!” I tried to explain between my restrained laughter. I stretched my hands to hug him again but he shoved them away in disgust.

 

“We’re so over.”

 

 

6.

 

“You’re so freaking weird.” Hyesung pouted. He took a step backwards when he saw me.

 

I chuckled. “It’s cute, right?” I pointed to my bright green jacket.

 

“No, it is not. It’s a horror.” He shuddered. “And with those sunglasses and huge earphone. Are you drunk?” He pointed to my outfit. Well, actually it was just me trying to be funny. It was stupid outfit, I know. But I like it.

 

“But you still love me and adore me, right?” I touched his chin.

 

“Get away from me!”

 

“Just admit it, Pilkyo-ah.” I tried to touch his cheek this time, but he shoved my hand away. Gosh, why I always had so much fun teasing him?

 

“Change your clothes, Junghyuk.”

 

“Or what?”

 

“I’m breaking up with you!” Hyesung shouted.

 

“Jung Pilkyo, take it back!” I said firmly. I held his arms tightly just to make my point clear.

 

“Okay, I take it back!” He returned not waiting even a second after.

 

“Good.” I released my tight grip on his arms. “Wow, that was the shortest period of break up we ever had.” I blinked stupidly.

 

“Junghyuk-ah, please take it off. I won’t go out with you wearing those bizarre things!”

 

 

 

PS. Let me tell you, we had broken up many more times than that. But yeah, we still together until now.

And Jung Pilkyo, if you ever read this, I want to warn you. The next time you ask for a break up, I swear I’ll marry you. So you can’t ask for a break up again. I'm serious.

And I love you. So much.

 

Shinhwa’s Leader

Eric Mun.