Are You Mine?

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

_______________________________________

 

It was 5 o’clock in the morning, I was amazed by how long we stayed up and just talked the whole time. But now the conversation got boring. I noticed how you tried to strangle every yawn between your sentences. And I believe you noticed how I did exactly just the same. You stretched your arms and said you were going to bed soon.

 

So I sneaked in to your bedroom and I thought I would just wait there. Until I heard your footsteps get inside the room. And I pretended I was sleeping. In case you asked me why I was here instead in my own room, I would say that I was too sleepy so I walked in the wrong room. Your room was right beside my room anyway.

 

While I was shutting my eyes tight, I was hoping you would creep in with me. No matter how startled you might be to find me sleeping here. No matter how strange it might be. Please, just creep in and don’t wake me up..

 

You lied behind me and you put your arm around my shoulder. So tight and gentle at the same time. You held me close so your bare chest presses my back. It was as if the room got colder and we need to be as close as possible. And we moved in closer together, only my T-shirt between our skins. So I opened my eyes and stopped pretending that I was sleeping.

 

I knew you knew I haven’t sleep.

 

You mumbled something in my ear, just something insignificant about the weather. But it was enough to make me smile. You said tomorrow would be fun and we could watch movie together. I only hummed my answer and smiled once again when you said you would let me pick the movie to watch. It was just feel so right, me being held by you like this. But I swear I didn’t know where this was going when you rolled me to face you and of course you knew what happened next. You kissed me.

 

Are you mine? Are you mine?

 

That was the question I silently asked every time I see you, or whenever you crossed my mind (which is a lot, to be honest). Because I stayed here all the time. We’ve been friend for three years and practically never apart. We practiced and performed the countless stages together (of course with other members too), we travelled around together and even doing some meticulous things like eat, sleep and bath together. All the times we watched TV on the living room and you sneakily held my hand. Or the times we were drunk and I playfully kissed your cheek and pretended to forget about it the next day. Did you feel what I feel?

 

Because I feel something towards you. Because when you flashed up on my phone, I no longer feel alone.

 

Since that kiss, I haven’t left you for days now. I made sure to sit or stand beside you, so I could watch you closely. So I could find a slightest sign that you remembered that kiss too. But you said nothing. You only grinned or smiled goofily or acted foolishly (more than usual, I mean). I even slept in your room everyday now. Snuggled and hugged each other like before, but without the kiss. The other members looked me quizzically at first, but they just shrugged it off.

 

And I was becoming amazed now, how you’re quite affectionate in public. You would call me and prolonged the last syllable. You would back hugged me and leaned your head to mine, snuggled a little and annoyed me, because you knew I hate it when you messed my hair. You would hold my hand and refused to let go, didn’t care that I was blushing all along. And you would only look at me, wherever I went you’ll followed me with your gaze.

 

I liked it even though I would never admit it.

 

I thought we were too obvious. Our friends began to notice us. Firstly, they only watched and smiled. Then they would tease us. But then, one by one, every one of them would only shrugged their shoulders and resumed the conversation. No one never really said anything. Sadly, you also never said anything. So even though it was moving forward, there was just the right amount of awkward between us.

 

Whenever we were alone, I would feel so nervous. And strangely, I would lose any topic to talk to you. I would busy contemplated inside my head while you were – well, I didn’t know what you were thinking. I felt a pang in my heart, thinking back on times before when we could talk endlessly for hours. Those sleepless nights we spent just talking to each other and laughing. Now, why was it so difficult to start a conversation with you?

 

And today you accidentally, called me Baby.

 

It was so fast I thought I dreamed it. We were dined together with all members and you asked me to pass the vinegar. I was shocked I couldn’t move, so were the four others. You chuckled at our expressions and once again asked me to pass the vinegar. But this time, without the ‘Baby’ at the end of your sentence. So maybe I just imagined it. I heard it wrong.

 

You resumed to eat and acted that nothing happened. The other members took your cue and didn’t say anything about it. Even though I could feel their curious glances all night.

 

Are you mine? Are you mine?

 

Because all the time we sat on that circle table eating our dinner, I didn’t know whether you were mine or not. But of course I never asked the question out loud. I only kept it in my head. I was afraid if the answer was nothing like I hoped.

 

I got back to sleep inside my own room that night. I said nothing. You said nothing. The members said nothing. No one said anything.

 

So I was so shocked when the next morning I found you sleep in my bed. Hugged me from behind and comfortably placed your hand on my waist. When did you sneak in here? I stirred a bit to see your face, just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.

 

You hugged me tighter, making me unable to move. You mumbled with your eyes still closed, “Let’s just stay, I wanna lie in bed all day.”

 

Then you promised that we would be laughing all the way. You told me not to over think at everything and asked me to be less awkward with you. Easy for you to talk, I scoffed at you. I wondered if we should worry about the members. But you said that you told them already. You told them all and they knew. That we exist but we’re taking it slow.

 

I smiled because now I knew that you were mine.

 

I glanced at the clock on my bedside. It was 5 o’clock in the morning. I thought it was too early to get up anyway. So I snuggled to your embrace and felt a shiver creep my body when you breathe in the back of my neck. You kissed it once before mumbled.

 

“Let’s just see how we go, Pilkyo. Now let’s see how we go.” 

 

____________________________________

 

A/N

I got this story idea while listening to Lily Allen's song titled "Who'd Have Known". So yeah, you'll find really similar plot, kekeke... Hope you like it.. ^^