Day Off

I Don't Know What to Call Us

A/N

For my new friends, Chapy and eleman...

_________________________________________________

 

 

“Where is everyone?” he asked. His face was bloated and his hair ruffled. He walked slowly, rubbed his eyes, toward the fridge.

 

“Woke up already?” I asked in amazement. He sure sleeps a lot.

 

“Uh hmm..” he tried to answer while gurgled his drink. Disgusting. “You haven’t answer my question.” He dragged his feet to living room.

 

“Minwoo and Dongwan are going to play, whatever it means. Junjin went home to visit his family. Andy went to PC café.” I answered.

 

 “Then why are you at home when we have day off?” he asked with that patent idiot looks.

 

I rolled my eyes in desperation but answered nothing.

 

Oh.” You literally could see a light bulb flared above his head. And the effect was amazing. His eyes were a hundred times brighter and alert. A wide grin plastered on his face. And just like an energizer bunny, he ran and jumped to sit beside me on the couch.

 

“Go away.” I pushed him aside.

 

“Should we go for a date today?” he suggested while sneaking his hand to my shoulder.

 

“No.”

 

“You should have waked me up earlier.” He said pouting.

 

“I kicked you and screamed in your ear for a good hour. You’re not even flinched.” I replied him impatiently.

 

“Oh, sorry. Try kissing me next time. It would’ve worked.” He responded cheekily.

 

“No way! Kissing your morning breath? No, thank you.”

 

“You kissed me back then!”

 

“Once is enough.”

 

“Come on, go on a date with me?” he whined now, circled his both hands to my shoulder.

 

“No.”

 

“At least look at me.”

 

“Not want to.” To tell the truth, the TV show playing was bored me to death. But it was a lot better alternative than to see Eric’s eyes. I could get weak.

 

“Or we can just eating out. People need to eat. Or they’ll die.” Oh my..

 

“I had breakfast.”

 

“Or, we can just make out here until the guys home.” He whispered in my ear.

 

I jolted immediately and walked toward our room. “Go change quickly then!” I shouted from inside. I could hear he snickered.

 

***

 

“Be honest. You chase him away, did you?” He asked while munching his burger. We were sitting in Burger King wearing our disguise. Cap, hoodie jacket and glasses.

 

“Who?”

 

“Andy.” He smiled. “Poor dude.”

 

“No, I did not. He asked me to come with him. I said I don’t want to. He left by himself. How could you call that ‘chased him away’?” I answered defensively.

 

“Or maybe, he chased himself away. You know, give us some space. Sensible dude.” He winked before sipped his soda. Some high school girls walked past us, so in automatic motion, we ducked to our plate. We love our fans, but we’re eating now. “Pilkyo..” he whispered.

 

“What?”

 

“I promise I’ll work hard and making a lot of money. So we can eat in some expensive private restaurant for our date.” Still whispering.

 

“We’re not on date.”

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“Okay then. “ I smiled at him. He smiled wide from cheek to cheek. “Talking about date..” I said.

 

“What?”

 

“Our first date.” I half smiled.

 

“Please don’t remind me.” He groaned.

 

“How could a person, forgot the date he planned HIMSELF. Waiting in the restaurant for two hours but never come in his mind to call his date. And then storming home angrily. Still not realized that he was ONE day earlier!” I couldn’t help but laugh hard.

 

***

 

I remembered that night vividly. He came home and without a word, dragged me to our bedroom. His lips were trembling. “Why you stood me up? I waited for two hours and you never came. And what? So you can watch TV with Junjin? Are you playing with my feeling?”

 

“What you waited me for?” I flustered.

 

“For our date.” He gripped my arms tight.

 

“What date?”

 

“Our date!” he shouted now.

 

“But Eric, we were supposed to have a date tomorrow.” He let go my arms and let his arms hung motionless.

 

His face gone blank. “What day is today?”

 

“Friday. You said we’ll go at Saturday night. After practice.” He showed the most stupid blank and shocked face a person could pull in the entire humanity. I fell to the floor for laughing so hard.

 

***

 

“Done laughing?” he said pouting.

 

“You’re so silly.” I managed to say mid-laughing. “I can’t believe I get myself someone as fool as you.”

 

“Yet, you did.” He leaned forward and whispered “And please, Hyesung-ah. You cherished this man of you much more than you admit. Because I also remembered very clearly how nervous you were back then. You were so afraid that I might change my mind after you laughed at me like that, so you kissed me in my sleep and apologized.”

 

“Yah! I thought you were sleep! You tricked me!” Dammit.

 

“Just give in, Pilkyo-ah..” he smiled smugly then leaned back to his chair.

 

“Shut up. Let’s go home.”

 

***

 

“Eric, when you started to like me?” I asked softly while walking back home.

 

“Honestly? I don’t know.” He shrugged. “I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

 

“Cheesy.” I scoffed. “Pride and Prejudice, right?”

 

“Crap.” We smiled and continued to walk shoulder to shoulder.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

Leave any thoughts, or rants, or your comments.. That'll feed my spirit...