24 Gifts

I Don't Know What to Call Us

 

 

A/N:

A fluffy oneshots I wrote in the middle of my foul mood.. I hope after this, I can stop sulking.. (And for those who suffered from listening me sulking for days, please consider this as an apology.. *hugs* ^^) Inspired from Sb 65 and coincidentally this is also chapter 24.. The timing is just right! Enjoy.. ^^

Thank you.. ^^

 



 

 

Hyesung woke up that morning never expecting that today would be anything special. So he was quite surprised to find a gift box innocently sitting on his coffee table. Hyesung was sure that box wasn’t there last night. He wondered who the gift box was from, even though he had a huge suspicion of who might be the culprit. Who else could sneak in his house in the middle of the night anyway?

 

“But Eric already gave me birthday present.” Hyesung mumbled to himself.

 

He took the box which was wrapped with black paper and felt that the box was quite light. Hyesung frowned but ripped the paper anyway. Inside the box, he found a kangaroo keychain and a card. He read the neat writing on it with a little smile began forming on his face.

 

Pandasyung!

Please take care of Kangaric ^^ I trust his life on your hand..

 

Hyesung tried to recall anything that could be the reason of why Eric suddenly gave him a gift like this. Eric surely had given him birthday present four days ago, so what was this for? And today was December 1st – Hyesung was sure that date was nothing special for them. Thinking that he couldn’t get the answer alone, he then took his phone and called Eric. And as if Eric was waiting for his call, he picked up on the first ring.

 

“Morning!” Eric greeted cheerfully.

 

“Morning. Erm, thanks for the gift.” Hyesung said slowly. Somehow, he felt a little embarrassed though.

 

“Do you like it?” Eric asked delighted.

 

“Yes, but – uh – what is this gift for?”

 

“Nothing special. Remember when we shot Shinbang and Maya’s parents brought her twenty four gifts for her? Let’s say that I got some inspiration from that.” Eric said easily as if he already prepared his answer before. And from Eric’s voice, Hyesung could imagine the wide grin on his lover’s face.

 

“So there’ll be twenty three more gifts for me?” Hyesung asked again when he looked at the kangaroo keychain on his hand. Suddenly, he missed Eric.

 

“Yep!”

 

“But I don’t have anything prepared to give you.” Hyesung gulped.

 

“It’s okay. You can do it on next year. For now, just enjoy my gifts.”

 

So on the second day, Hyesung smiled to see another gift on his coffee table. He didn’t waste his time to wonder now. Hastily, he ripped the wrapping paper to find a pair of thick white socks attached to a card inside.

 

Keep warm, Pilkyo.. ^^

 

Seemed like the socks gift was just a starter, since the next day Eric gave him the white mitten. The next two days a wool hat and a fluffy white knitted scarf made their appearance. All of them had the same card on it, saying ‘Keep warm, Pilkyo.. ^^’.

 

On sixth morning, Hyesung found himself giggled when he saw homemade cookies inside one glass jar sitting on his coffee table. On the lid there was black ribbon and one card.

 

Think of me when you eat these..

 

Hyesung was sure that those cookies have baked by Eric himself, but he couldn’t understand how Eric could find the time to bake those.

 

That seventh day on Saturday, Hyesung found a white travel pillow on his coffee table. That pillow was so cute, Hyesung had to chuckle on Eric’s taste. On one end, the pillow had a cat’s head with round eyes, orange embroidered lines as its whiskers and two little paws. While on the other end, there were two other little paws and one tail. As usual, there was black ribbon on it and a card.

 

Isn’t this cat cute?

 

On Sunday, Hyesung hurriedly threw his blanket away and walked fast to his coffee table – it became a habit now. But to his dismay, there was no gift for him. He frowned and walked back to his bedroom.

 

“Where’s my gift?” He asked bluntly to the sleeping man on his bed. Eric groaned and squirmed a little before opened his eyes.

 

He smiled drowsily then greeted, “Good morning to you too.”

 

“Do I get a gift today?” Hyesung asked expectantly. He glanced to his pillow and bed side, just in case Eric put it on there, but there’s nothing.

 

“Today, I won’t give it for free.” Eric sat up then giggled naughtily. “A kiss may change my mind, you know.” Eric said before winked.

 

“How do I know that the gift is worth my kiss?” Hyesung pouted.

 

“You don’t know, but I know you’re curious.” Eric teased.

 

Hyesung pouted more but then he bent down and kissed Eric on the lips without a trace of hesitation whatsoever. “Now give me my gift.” He said as he stood straight again.

 

“Woah, I should sleep over more often from now on.” Eric got up and was still smiling, he opened his bag. Rather smugly, he took a book from it. Of course, there was a card attached on the cover but no ribbon this time.

 

“Your gift, Shin Hyesung-nim.” Eric playfully presented the book to Hyesung.

 

“A book?”

 

“Travel guide book.” Eric corrected him.

 

“But I’m not planning to go anywhere for now.”

 

“Oh, but you will.” Eric said nonchalantly. “I’ll take you to the place of your choice when we have a break next year.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

Eric nodded. “Let’s go somewhere, just the two of us.”

 

Hyesung lowered his head and looked at the book, buying his time by reading the card. (‘Pick carefully. I’ll take you there.’) Hyesung smiled and honestly, he liked the idea.

 

“Okay.” He said shortly with his cheeks flushed.

 

“Very good. Now let me go to the bathroom.” Eric pecked Hyesung’s cheek lightly before walked to the bathroom, leaving Hyesung who then sat on his bed. The book was on his lap when he was starting to read it and try to find his favorite place to go.

 

The next morning, Hyesung woke up to find the space beside him was empty. “Eric?” He called out. Could it be that he already went home to his place? Hyesung thought. He got up and then, he could smell the nice fragrance from his kitchen.

 

“Breakfast is almost ready!” Eric greeted him happily when he saw Hyesung walked out the bedroom. Hyesung’s hairs were sticking out, his eyebags were puffy and his cheeks bloated, and his complexion wasn’t perfected by the many layers of makeup – but he looked so beautiful in Eric’s eyes nevertheless.

 

“What are you cooking?” Hyesung asked while sitting on the dining table.

 

“Your gift for today.” Eric said and then he busied himself to bring two plates to the table. After he placed the plates, he went back to take two glasses of milk and another two glasses of orange juices.

 

“Woah, I like today’s gift.” Hyesung clapped his hands as he saw the warm pancake in front of him. Eric had put a slice of butter on top of pancake stacks that melt halfway. And then Eric had poured honey on the pancake. Just perfect.

 

On tenth day, Hyesung found a small box on his coffee table. He read the card first, where Eric had written ‘Winter is harsh.’ Hyesung couldn’t really understand Eric’s card, so he opened the box. He smiled the moment he saw a small jar of lip balm inside. He hurriedly opened the lid and tried his brand new lip balm. On tomorrow’s morning, with the same card saying ‘Winter is harsh’, Hyesung got a tube of hand lotion.

 

That day on Thursday, he found the expected gift already on his coffee table. He had to give credit for Eric, who managed to sneak into his apartment so early every day without ever fails. He took that one large mug on his coffee table and smiled to find a bag of fresh-brewed coffee inside. On the card he read, ‘Fighting for your practice today!

 

The next day, Hyesung went to practice with a bag of mixed nuts inside his backpack – his gift for that day from Eric. He was still giggling every time he recalled the card that accompanied it. (‘Just in case you’re bored while practicing. Eat nuts!’)

 

That Saturday, Hyesung got premium service on breakfast again as his gift. Last night, as he and Eric was lounging under the blanket before sleep, Hyesung casually said that he was so cold. So in the morning Eric made him hot chocolate and warm toast. As he sipped his hot chocolate slowly, Hyesung chuckled happily and said that he would love to drink hot chocolate every day until the winter ends. So it wasn’t really surprising for him to find a collection of nice hot chocolate mixes the next morning as a gift. The many packages were placed on pretty basket and Hyesung smiled even more to find candy cane, biscuits, and marshmallows packages also inside.

 

On Monday, Eric gave him colorful post-it notes. And on Tuesday, Eric gave him a journal. Eric didn’t attach any card since he already wrote something on the first page. ‘Next year, you’re still stuck with me. Merong.

 

The Wednesday, Hyesung got a nice jar filled with candy. Followed by a gift basket full of chocolate truffles inside it on the next day. (‘Don’t laugh. I ask my sisters any idea for your gift and they suggested this.’)

 

That Friday Eric sent him a message that his gift would be delivered at night. Hyesung wondered what Eric would bring this time. And that night, Eric even made it more dramatic when he rang the bell instead of went in himself. When Hyesung opened the door for him, Eric grinned widely. He was holding a tray covered with a napkin on his right hand and Gomdorie on his left hand.

 

“Do you have cola in your house?” Eric asked playfully.

 

Hyesung laughed. “Yes. Why?” He asked as they reenacted the same conversation of them from many months ago.

 

“Can you give me? I’ll trade it with a very nice pecan pie. Gomdorie and I really want to drink cola right now.”

 

Hyesung chuckled some more. “Come on in.” Hyesung let Eric gets inside and even let him gives a lingering peck on his lips before closed the door behind.

 

On the next day, Hyesung received bubble bath and bath oil as a gift. On the card, Eric wrote ‘When you’re tired after practicing, you may use these.’ And on Sunday, Hyesung received scented candle. The card made Hyesung a little embarrassed, though. (‘To add in your collection. And maybe, you may use this on my next sleep over. *cough cough*’)

 

On Monday, Hyesung woke up and realize that he had only two more gifts left. Unlike the many days before, this time he didn’t hastily run to his living room. Instead, he sat on his bed and spent some minutes to cherish the moment. This surely one of the best Decembers he had on his life time. And Eric made his time more bearable and even wonderful even between his busy schedules. Because of Eric, now he couldn’t wait to wake up in the morning and welcome a new day.

 

He got up and checked his coffee table. And of course, one gift already sitting there. This time it wasn’t a box but an envelope. From inside, Hyesung produced one coupon – free movie coupon to be precise. On the card, Eric wrote ‘Pick your favorite movies and we’ll have movie date. We’ll do it after you’re done with your concert, of course. Let’s do it in my place. I’ll prepare popcorn for us.

 

After reading his lover’s card, Hyesung felt a warm stream filled his chest and stomach. Felt funny and tingling inside that reminded him of the first time he fell in love with Eric. Or the first time they had their first kiss. He felt so warm inside, he had the urge to dance or sing or shout happily. So he did the first thing crossed his mind – he called Eric.

 

“Want to have breakfast with me?” He asked when their call connected. “My place. I’ll cook for you this time.” He said again.

 

On twenty fourth mornings that day, Hyesung actually waited for his last gift. He woke up earlier that morning but waited behind his bedroom door. He could hear a faint sound of Eric opened the door and how he tiptoed into Hyesung’s living room. Hyesung held the urge to jump and surprise him, even though he really wanted to do that. But no – he couldn’t ruin Eric’s plan, he worked so hard for this – so he waited patiently until he heard Eric closed his front door. Then silence. Without waiting any more second, he got out his bedroom and went to his living room where he found a small box with the usual black wrapping paper and white ribbon. No card though. He ripped open the wrapping and found a framed photo.

 

A photo of him and Eric – that photo was taken some time this year right after Hyesung changed his hair color. Hyesung really liked the color he wanted to hurriedly show it to Eric. So he had looked for a silly reason to come over Eric while he was in his office. He actually had said that he wanted to deliver coffee for Eric that time. But of course Eric knew his real motive right away. That’s why he initiated taking selca of them that day. They were wearing T-shirt and jeans while sitting on Eric’s office. They smiled happily to the camera and Hyesung would swear that their smile was honest. Two people who were genuinely happy.

 

On that framed photo, Eric had put a card which said, ‘I just wanna be with you. That’s all.

 

Less than a second after he had read that, Hyesung dashed out his apartment. He wasn’t sure of what to do next or what to say. For everything he knew, he just wanted to see Eric right now. He even ignored that he was running in his sweaters and sweatpants –he even forgot to change his slippers – but he didn’t care. Just this once, he wouldn’t want to care. He pressed the elevator button impatiently and tapped his feet rather jittery when he was descending his building. He thought he already ran as fast as he could, but he only managed to find Eric when he was in the middle of pressing his door’s passcode. Hyesung dashed out the elevator and hugged him so hard, it looked like he wanted to knock him down. Eric was swayed a bit in much surprise, and after he realized who was hugging him so suddenly, he then smiled and hugged Hyesung back.

 

“What is it?” Eric asked very slowly.

 

Hyesung took a second to inhale Eric’s scent before answered, “I just wanna be with you too.”

 



 

 

PS. Can’t you see Eric? You are THIS perfect in my eyes! I cannot make you less great or less romantic, even in my own fic, no matter how I want it.. TT__TT