Chapter 23

We're The Perfect Two [Hiatus]

             Here's a long-ish update, since I haven't updated in like 2 weeks.

Please take the poll at the bottom. 

________________________________________________________

 

Kevin and Yura ran to where they heard Leena’s scream. She was on the ground crying and across from her was a little boy, holding Leena’s bag in his hands.

                                                              

“Leena, are you okay? Are you hurt?”  Yura ran to Leena’s side.

“No. Give me my bag back!” Leena demanded to the little boy.

Yura gave Kevin the do-something look. He started walking to the little boy and squatted down to his height.

                                                              

“Can you give me that bag?” Kevin asked in a soft voice.

“No.” the boy answered sternly.

“Why not? Is it yours?” Kevin asked.

“No, but...” the boy got cut off by Kevin.

“It’s not good for a boy to be taking things from a girl. Handsome boys are supposed to be nice to pretty girls.” the boy stayed quiet after what Kevin said.

“Now, can I have the bag now?” Kevin asked softly.

The boy started walking slowly to Leena and handed her the bag, “I’m sorry I took it.”

Leena stayed quiet and snatched her bag back, then looked in another direction.

“Leena, are you forgetting to say something?” Yura asked.

Leena stayed quiet for a while and finally said “,Kamsahamnida.”

“That’s better.” Yura sighed.

Kevin turned to the boy and asked “, What’s your name?”

“Park Jihoon.” He replied.

“Nice to meet you Jihoon, my name is Kevin. And this is Yura and Leena.” Kevin introduced them.

“Ne.” he bowed his head a little bit.

Yura and Leena came closer to them and Yura asked “,Where are your parents?”

“I came here with my noona and her boyfriend.” Jihoon said.

“Do you want us to find them for you? We are helping Leena, too.” (Yura)

“Yes. I want to see them already. I’ve been here for a while now.” (Jihoon)

“Awh, you must be hungry.” Yura said worriedly.

“Just a little.”  (Jihoon)

“How about we buy some food for you? You look hungry.” (Yura)

“Okay.” (Jihoon)

Kevin left the three of them to see if the restaurant (nearby) was still open. Unfortunately, the restaurant was on a lunch break, so he couldn’t go buy any food. He returned to the happy 3 in the sand box. He told them the restaurant was closed and said for all of them to go to the restaurant near the Large Herbivores and African Pavilion. They agreed and left. They arrived at the restaurant and ordered the kids special on the menu. Jihoon finished his food and they left the restaurant and headed to the Lost Children Center.  All four of you were walking while holding hands. (Left to Right: Kevin, Jihoon, Leena, and Yura) They all got close in no time. Jihoon had to use the restroom, so Kevin took him while Yura and Leena found a spot to sit. While sitting down to rest, Yura saw an elder woman approach her and Leena.

“You have a beautiful daughter there.” The elder woman said.

“Oh. She’s not-“ Yura said, but got cut off.

“You don’t have to embarrassed.” She stated.

“I’m not embarrassed. It’s just-“ she tried to correct her, but failed.

“Because you’re young.” The ajumma said.

Leena, being the mischievous little girl she is, she wanted to play along.

“Omma, when is Jihoon and appa going to come back?”  Leena said and smiled angelically.

“Leena, what are-?” Yura got confused.

“Halmoni, you should see my Appa. He’s really handsome.” She interrupted her sentence.

“Oh, really? I Have time. I’m waiting for my husband to come out from the bathroom.” The ajumma said.

“Leena, what are you doing?” Yura whispered into Leena’s ear.

“You will thank me later.” She replied.

“Oooh, look Appa and Jihoon is coming now!” Leena said .

“Halmoni, look they’re coming now!” she said while smiling widely.

Leena stood up and started running to Kevin and Jihoon. She ran next to Jihoon and whispered into his ear. Jihoon smiled and nodded his head. Kevin looked at him with a questioning face.

“Now what did you say to Jihoon, little missy?” Kevin picked her up and smiled at her.

“I told that halmoni that Jihoon is my brother and” She said then paused. “And that my omma and appa are you and Yura unnie.”

“Why?” Kevin asked, but Leena didn’t answer and just pulled his hand toward where Yura was.

“Omma, see. Appa and Jihoon are here now! Appa, I want to go down now.” Kevin put her down.

Leena grabbed Kevin and Jihoon’s hands and started pulling them toward the ajumma and Yura.

“Halmoni, this is Jihoon.” Leena said.

“Annyonghasaeyo.” Jihoon bowed.

“Awh, you’re so cute.” (Ajumma)

“And this is my appa. He’s handsome isn’t he.” Leena said and the ajumma nodded.

“Appa, don’t just stand there. Go sit next to Omma.” Kevin listened to Leena and sat next to Yura.

“What is this little girl planning?” Yura whispered to Kevin.

“I don’t know, but I want to find out.” Kevin replied and placed his hand on top Yura’s hand.

Yura was going to remove her hand when Kevin held onto it tighter.

“Just play along, just until we leave.” Kevin said into her ear.

“Omo, you guys make such a beautiful family.” (the ajumma)

“Ne, kamsahamnida. Yura said with a weak smile.

Yura and Kevin talked to the ajumma for a few minutes until her husband came and joined into the conversation. They talked for a few more minutes.

“Yeobo, we should probably get going. The kids are getting tired.” Kevin said while seeing Leena’s head leaning on Jihoon’s shoulder with Jihoon’s head on her head.

“We probably should.” Yura said while waking up Jihoon and Leena.

“I guess we will be leaving now. It was nice meeting you.” Kevin said to the couple.

“Ne, it was nice meeting a young couple like you.” (Ajumma)

Kevin carried Jihoon, while Yura carried Leena. They said their farewells, and started to go to the Center, once again. They had to leave while holding hands, because the couple was still looking at them leave. Even when the elderly couple was out of sight, their hands were still clasped together with intertwined fingers. They finally reached the Lost Children Center and requested an all call for the parents or guardian of “Moon Leena” and “Park Jihoon.”

About 10 minutes later, one of the parents came.

“Ommo, it really is my Leena.” Her mom gave her a big hug.

“Omma?” Lenna started to tear up as she hugged her mom.

“Thank you for taking care of her.” She bowed to Yura.

“It was nothing, really.” Yura said.

“How can I ever repay you?”

“You don’t need to. As long as Leena is safe and with her family, then I’m satisfied.” (Yura)

“Omma, unnie and oppa took good care of me. She even bought me food and played with me.”

“Thank you so much. I hope she wasn’t a hassel.” (Leena’s Mom)

“No, not at all.” (Yura)

“She was an angel.” (Kevin)

“I never caught our names.”

“Oh. I’m Min Yura.” (Yura)

“And I’m Kevin Woo.” (Kevin)

“Are you a couple?” (Leena’s Mom)

“No. We aren’t a couple. We are just friends.” (Yura)

“Too bad. You two would make a cute couple.” (Leena’s Mom)

Leena talked to her mom about what they did, while Yura went to sit next to Jihoon. She notice his head bobbing back and forth. Yura slowly  placed his head on her lap and let him sleep peacefully.

 “Awh, who is this?” her mom said, finally realizing Jihoon sleeping on Yura’s lap.

“He’s Jihoon. He got lost, so we’re helping him.” (Kevin)

“Oh. You two are so generous.” (Leena’s Mom)

“Thanks.” Kevin said while smiling at Yura. He saw how she was fixing Jihoon’s hair.

“Leena, why don’t you sit down? I’m going to call to appa.” Leena nodded and went to sit next to Yura, who smiled brightly while looking at Jihoon’s sleeping face.

“You like her don’t you?” Leena’s mom asked Kevin.

“I guess it’s noticeable.” (Kevin)

“It is noticeable. It’s the way you look at her.” Leena’s mom said and Kevin turned his attention back to Yura who was letting Leena put her head on her lap.

“Don’t worry. I know that you will have a chance with her. I can tell that she has a warm heart and is very caring. Confess to her before someone else snatches her away from you.” Leena’s Mom walked away and made a phone call to her husband.

Kevin went to sit next to Leena, who was slowly falling asleep  on Yura’s lap.

“They are sleeping so peacefully.” Kevin smiled at the sight.

Yura just nodded and smiled.

Few moments later, Leena’s mom came back into the building and said that they had to leave. Yura woke up Leena and she sleepily walked to her mom.

Before she left, Leena said this to Jihoon while he was asleep “Oppa, annyeong.”

Kevin and Yura bowed to her mom.

_________

Hope this update was good. It took me a long time to type this up.

I'm really sorry for the slow updating. And school is going to start in about a week, so I'm probably only going to update once or twice a week.