Monsta X I.M

Hedgehog's One Shot/Imagines Collection!

ok first of all i am really terrible at writing fluffy endings like this one was feukfhewkufhwe ew ew ew ew ew idk what took over me but i went out of ideas so i just wrote that. I might edit that if i have new ideas but yeah. I only had 2 parts up on @joohe0n because i couldn't continue because i ran out of ideas but i'll update my account with part 3 later < 3

And also! Thank you guys for subscribing to my imagines, you know, i started writing imagines because i wanted to improve my english. Well, English was my first language but i grew up in a traditional chinese family so my mom wanted me to learn more chinese than english but my chinese is pretty bad compared to other Chinese .-. i can read some and type instead of write. it's been quite a while since i wrote chinese characters, there are so many and im like ugh wth .-.

I'm pretty curious of y'all. So here are a few questions i hope you guys won't ignore it ;;;;

1. how old are you?
2. 
where are you from? 
3. when did you get into kpop?

It's awesome meeting new people!! Anyway, here's the I.M imagine i've been working on (:


Prom was around the corner. Almost everyone had their own prom dates, including your best friend, Hayoung. The school's number one jock, Bobby had asked her out. She rejected him at first, telling him that she wasn't good enough for him. But Bobby, on the other hand appeared in front of Hayoung the next day with a huge bouquet of flowers and told her she was perfect for him. Of course Hayoung was so touched she couldn't say no to that. 

 

"Thats so sweet of him!” 

"They'll definitely become prom king and queen this year"
"They look nice together” 

 

You heard students gossip among each other. You stared at the couple in envy. You wished someone would ask you out since you're in your final year but no guy made a move, like always. You normally spend your 'prom night' locked up in your room, watching Phineas and Ferb series while eating a tub of cookies n cream ice cream. 


"No one will ask me out to prom okay" you sighed heavily while resting your head on the table.

 

"Come on Hanbyul, I'm sure there's someone who's into you, you just gotta wait" Hayoung said reassuringly. 

 

"Who? Even the nerds have their own dates!" You grumbled. "I'm gonna stay at home celebrating final prom" 

 

"No you're not!" Hayoung slapped your arm, causing you to jerk up from your position. 

 

"No one would and will never ask me out okay, I'm destined to be single forever, yay" you rolled your eyes at her while staring at your table. 

 

"I'm sure someone will and he's gonna be a hottie" Hayoung reassured you. 

 

"I hope so" you mumbled.

 

 

 

There were only two days left till prom and nobody, not a single male student population in school has asked you to be their prom date. You groaned in frustration and laid your head onto the table. 

 

"Are you okay? You seem pretty down these days" your seat mate, Donghyuk asked. 

 

"I'm perfectly fine"you sighed. 

 

"Seems like you're not" he said. "So have you gotten your prom date yet?" Really? Great way to spoil my mood, Kim Donghyuk. 

 

"No" you said. "It doesn't matter since I'm not going” 

 

"No way Hanbyul. I mean you're pretty and good in studies and stuff and like there's no way no guy would not ask you out” 

 

"What about you, Donghyuk? Have you gotten your own date yet?" You asked. He kept quiet for a moment before speaking. 

 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up" he apologised. 

 

"No worries, I'm good" you stood up from your seat. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air”

 

 

 

You rested your arms on the railings and looked up into the sky. Yes, you've went up to the school's rooftop, like in all K-Dramas. You felt tiny raindrops on your face. 

 

"You're not on my side either?" you yelled at the sky while stomping on the ground in frustration. The rain was getting heavier and you had no plans to go back into the building so you stood there, closing your eyes and faced the sky while the rain was pouring down. Just then you felt nothing falling onto you. You opened your eyes and saw a yellow umbrella above you. 

 

What in the world-' you glanced to the right and saw a tall figure next to you holding the umbrella. 

 

"Changkyun?" You asked aloud. He looked at you while giving you his breathtaking smile. He's like a living hot statue sculpted by the Gods. He was one of those guys who make girls swoon over them, except that he didn't like to be under the spotlight. 

 

'Wait a minute, what's he doing up here?' 

 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. Great minds think alike. 

 

"I wanted to get some fresh air" you mumbled. "And you?" 

 

"Same, I brought an umbrella just in case" he said. 

 

"So you knew it was raining all along?" 

 

"Nope" he grinned and pulled out his phone. "That's what weather forecasts are installed for" 

 

"Oh" was the only thing you said. Both of you shared silence after that. 

 

 
"So.." Changkyun broke the ice. "Have you gotten yourself a prom date yet?" You sighed heavily. "I guess not. It's alright. Me neither” 
 
"What?" You stared at him round in the eyes. There was no way you could believe that. You swore you saw girls stuffing their love letters through the hole into his locker. 
 
"Unbelievable, but yeah, I've got none. I guess we're both date-less" he chuckled. Your hopes of him asking you out crushed. 
 
"Yeah" you let out a sad sigh. "We really are” 
 
"But you'll come, right?" He said with twinkling eyes. You hesitated. 
 
'Should I? Or should I not?’ 
 
"We can join the other people without dates and have fun on our own" he laughed. That's not funny! 
 
"Cool, but wouldn't it be bad if we go without any dates?" You asked. 
 
"What's wrong without having one? It's not a sin to do that" he puckered his lips. "It may look weird but I promise it'll be fun" you hesitated again before nodding your head. 
 
"Great! Now that's settled!" He grinned. "And for now, let's just stay here until the rain stops" you smiled at him before turning your head towards the scenery before you.
 
 
 
“So who’s your date?” Hayoung asked while fumbling through her closet full of dresses. You were at Hayoung’s house, after announcing to her that you were going to prom. She was overjoyed and dragged you to her house to look for a dress, since you owned none.
 
“No one” you blurted out while jumping onto her bed. She stared at you in the eye which made you creep out. “Stop staring
 
“Ohmygod you’re not joking” she gasped and took a seat next to me, throwing her dresses all around the floor. 
 
“Do i look like i make jokes a lot?” she frowned at flicked me in the forehead. “Ow!”
 
“First of all, you and your sarcasm sometimes make me want to pull my hair out and second, what the hell?! You were saying that you would stay locked up in your room and eat an entire tub of ice cream because you don’t have a date and now you’re going dateless, are you sick or something?” she put a hand on my forehead but i pushed it away. “You’re totally fine”
 
“Tell me, why are you suddenly going to prom alone?” she crossed her arms and stared at me like i was a criminal who murdered her pet puppy. 
 
“I just suddenly felt like going” you shrugged. “Besides, I’ve finished the entire Phineas and Ferb series” She doesn’t have to know about Changkyun. 
 
“Hanbyul” she said as she pulled you into a hug. “I am so proud of you”
 
You stayed still for a moment. Why was Hayoung so proud that you were going to prom after all, even though you were dateless.
 
“You know, even though you don’t have a date but it’s our last prom, so..” she grabbed all her dresses which were lying on the floor. “Let’s start picking a dress!” you groaned.
 
“Boy oh boy you’re excited” you mumbled as she started throwing all sorts of dresses to you and made you wear it. 
 
“You’re gonna look awesome! Trust me” she winked. You sighed and nodded. 
 
‘We’ll see’
 
 
 
It was finally prom. Almost everyone had arrived at the school hall. You spent the entire day at Hayoung’s house as she helped you with makeup and hair. You had chose to wear a black sleeves dress which was up till your knees and a leather jacket while Hayoung wore a long red evening gown. Your hair was tied into a fishtail while Hayoung had perfect curls. You wore no accessories unlike Hayoung who had a silver necklace and several bracelets on her right arm. Hayoung had worn a six inch  colour high heels while you wore a pair of black Dr Martens. She opposed the idea of you wearing boots to prom but it fitted you well. 
 
“You look like you’re going to fight someone” she said in the car. “But whatever, you look amazing"
 
“I don’t wanna go down” you whispered to Hayoung. It was your first and last prom but you were so scared to leave the car as Hayoung’s dad parked the car right outside the school gates. Great. People will look at how ugly you were. 
 
“Don’t back away now! Just go!” Hayoung hissed and pushed you off the car. You nearly fell, but thank God you Hayoung grabbed your arm in time. 
 
“I’m scared” you said as you covered your face, which didn’t have as much makeup like your best friend did. Hayoung pulled your hands down and patted your shoulders. 
 
“Why are you hiding your face? You only used bb cream and eyeliner and lip tint and you look perfect!” she grinned. “Now follow me! Just stick together and you’ll get through this”
 
Yeah right. Stick together my . After entering the hall, Hayoung disappeared without a trace. Why? You were too slow and tagging behind an excited Hayoung didn’t make you walk any faster. You stood at a corner and watched the prom couples hitting the dance floor while some just chilled by the food and drinks section. 
 
You were getting bored. Tiptoeing at your spot, you tried to look for Changkyun after remembering your promise with him. To your dismay, he was nowhere to be seen.
 
“Hey! You came!” You heard a voice coming from your right. You saw Donghyuk waving at you as he jogged towards you. 
 
“Hi” you smiled shyly. Donghyuk grinned and gave you a bro hug.
 
“Dang Hanbyul, you look gorgeous today” he gasped. 
 
“Are you saying that I look like a potato every day?” you frowned at him. He shook his head.
 
“No! Well sometimes” he laughed. You smacked his arm playfully until you heard someone clearing . Donghyuk laughed nervously as he walked next to the person.
 
“Hey Hanbyul” she smiled. “I’ve heard about you”
 
“This is Jiae, my prom date. She’s a sophomore” he introduced the girl. Jiae was pretty, but she sounded like a fox. She looked like one too. Damn Donghyuk, your taste in girls are so weird.
 
“Cool” you faked a smiled. “I’ve never seen you around actually. You’re from our school too?”
 
You could see that her face stiffened and you knew that you were winning until…
 
“Well, yes I’m from this school too and it’s okay if you never noticed me. I’m glad Donghyuk did. Speaking of which, where’s your prom date?” you let out a dry laugh. Man, she has a y attitude. 
 
‘Note to self: punch Donghyuk in the face and tell him to leave her’ you thought when someone interrupted.
 
“Hanbyul!” someone called. You felt an arm around your shoulder. You stiffened at the touch. “Am I interrupting something?”  the familiar voice said. You turn your head to your right and saw Changkyun smiling at them. He was wearing a faded grey blazer with a white button up shirt and a black tie. He wore skinny black jeans and also a pair of black sneakers. Too casual for a prom. But it didn’t matter since he didn’t have a date. You then looked back at Donghyuk then Jiae who had a surprised look on their faces. 
 
“N-no.. sunbae” Jiae stuttered. Oh damn Jiae you’re busted. Donghyuk frowned before smiling at the boy.
 
“Hey Changkyun” Donghyuk said. They weren’t best friends but you see them hanging around sometimes in school.
 
“What’s up Dong Dong?” he fist pumped the other lad. 
 
“Pretty cool so far. So is Hanbyul your date?”
 
“Yes” “No” you both replied at the same time. You looked at him. Did he just say yes?
 
“Oh, that was a funny response. We’ll leave you two alone” he said. “Have fun guys!” he waved and walked away. You swear you could see him scowling at Jiae and regretting his prom date choice. Well, it wasn’t really your business since it was his problem. 
 
“Damn, that little girl was one of the people who stuffed confession letters into my locker” he said. You stared at him and then his arm. 
 
“Man, that will be really hard for Donghyuk if he finds out” you responded. “Can you let go of that? I feel weird” He noticed his arm on you and released it. 
 
“There, better” he grinned. “Want anything?” he pointed at the drinks and you shook your head. 
 
“I’m good” you smiled. 
 
“You look amazing” he commented and you blushed. “We’re dressing up ” Your face flushed in a darker shade of red. 
 
“Thanks” you said shyly. Silence took over the both of you and you decided to start off the conversation but ended up slipping out an awkward topic. “About what you said earlier..”
 
“You’re my prom date? I don’t know. We’ll see” he smiled. You sighed while he turned away to look at the hall. “Let’s go outside”
 
“What?” you were already dragged out of the hall before you could protest. He lead you to the outdoor basketball court, which was right behind the hall. “What are we doing here?”
 
“We are going to have some fun” he grinned. 
 
“Is there a party here like you said?” you whispered. Changkyun only smiled before reaching out for his phone. He swiped the screen and hit a button. Music blared from the speakers as he put down his phone onto a bench.
 
“Nope. but we, the two of us, are going to have our own prom right here” he said and pulled you towards him. “But before we start..” he stared warmly into your eyes. You felt your legs go weak. He wanted to say something but it just couldn’t come out from his mouth. Changkyun sighed and looked away.
 
“Hey” you tapped on his arm. “You okay?”
 
“No” he shook his head. “Gosh, why is this so difficult” he scratched his head and slumped down onto the bench. 
 
You watched him mumbling something to himself. You chuckled. It was rare to see someone who’s always happy and active to be frustrated like that. 
 
“Okay” he took in a deep breath. “I’m such a coward” he laughed dryly. You stayed silent. Soft rock music was blasting from his phone and he continued. “You know, the other day at the roof.. I could’ve asked you, but like.. I just don’t know how to express myself. I hate myself sometimes. I’m really an an-“
 
“Changkyun” you said. He stopped but his head hung low. You cupped his face in your hands and turned to your direction. “Before you start blaming yourself for being a coward can you please go straight to the point?”
 
He laughed and took your hands in his. He rubbed circles onto your hand, making your heart flutter. He suddenly went on his knees causing you to freak out. 
 
“What are you doing?” you shrieked. You tried to make him stand up but he was too stubborn to do that. “Gosh Changkyun you look like you’re going to propose!” He looked up at you and took in another deep breath. 
 
“Hanbyul” he said. You became quiet.“I’ve noticed you for a while but a i have the guts of a chicken and I get jealous when Donghyuk and the other guys talk to you. It’s a punishment for not being able to approach you properly. I had a chance the other day at the roof but i blew it away because i was a chicken” You chuckled. “Even though this is late but, would you be my prom date? And not just a date for prom. But would you also be my girl, forever?” He stared up at you with twinkling eyes. You were going to have a meltdown as your knees turned wobbly. 
 
 “Yes, Changkyun” you smiled and pulled him up. He grinned and pulled you into a tight bear hug. He let go and you laughed. 
 
“What’s so funny?” he frowned.
 
“Imagine 5 years later when you think back on how your confession I think you would die of all the cheesiness” you laughed.
 
“Oh, so you’re already looking into the future, princess?” He teased. “Did you see how our wedding would be like? Or how cute mini me would look like?”
 
“Changkyun!” you hit his arms. He laughed and pulled you to the centre of the court. He held out a hand. “May i have this dance, princess?”
 
“First of all, please don’t call me princess and secondly” you took his hand. “Yes”
 
Thank you, Changkyun.
 
That, was the best prom, ever.

ugh the ending .-.

please subscribe, comment and upvote! thanks :D