iKON Donghyuk

Hedgehog's One Shot/Imagines Collection!
“Yo Jiyul! Over here!” Hanbin waved at your direction. You turned your head to your cousin's voice and skipped towards his table which was at the end of the cafeteria with his gang. Well, more like half of his gang, because three of his gang mates, Jinhwan, Bobby and Yunhyeong have already left for college. So there were only 3 of his gang mates left, him, Junhoe and Donghyuk, with an addition to their gang which was Chanwoo, the youngest of them all, so that makes four. 
 
“What’s up Yul” Junhoe winked as you set your tray onto the table. Hanbin smacked the younger lad’s head and scolded him for being cheesy around his cousin. Chanwoo smiled at you and offered you a spot between him and Donghyuk, who was your classmate. You glanced at Donghyuk. You could feel your heart doing somersaults as he locked eyes with you. He only nodded and continued eating lunch. You frowned but shrugged it off when Hanbin started talking.
 
“Woah hold on there Channie, she’s sitting with me and only me” Hanbin said and pulled you to his side. “You” he pointed at Junhoe. “Shoo”
 
“Oh come on hyung, this bench can fit 5 people” the younger boy protested. “Just because Yul’s your cousin doesn’t mean that she has to sit with you all the time!” The stubborn Hanbin shook his head and pulled you down next to him. Junhoe muttered a few curses before plopping down beside Donghyuk.
 
“Say Yul-ah, Bobby’s throwing a party at his beach house, wanna join us?” Junhoe asked. Donghyuk glanced at Junhoe then at you before munching on a piece of sandwich. Please come.
 
“Didn’t he say it was some boys day out ?” Hanbin said as he stuffed pieces of sour cream Pringles into his mouth. That idiot and sour cream Pringles. 
 
“Oh right” Junhoe scratched his head. “But bringing a girl won’t kill, will it?”
 
“Yes it will and therefore I am banning Jiyul from going and that’s final” Hanbin said as he stuffed more chips into his mouth. The guys’ faces fell. You were surprised when you saw that disappointed look in Donghyuk’s eyes. No way.
 
“You’re not her mom or anything. You’re not even her brother! Why are you even controlling her? Jinwoo should be doing the overly protective brother job here” Junhoe snapped.
 
“Jinwoo entrusted Jiyul to me. I have to do whatever hyung said.” You scoffed and grabbed a handful of chips and stuffed it into his mouth. Hanbin stared at you with a bewildered look on his face.
 
“Yah! You sounded as if my brother died! He did told you to take care of me not controlling my life!” you hissed. Chanwoo and Junhoe laughed. Even Donghyuk the ice prince was trying to stifle a laugh, which he kinda failed.
 
“Way to go noona!” Chanwoo laughed and gave you a high 5.
 
“Oh man, Yul. We totally need you in our party to make him shut up whenever he nags” Junhoe wiped a fake tear from his face. “Jiyul should totally join us. Two hands up for her to join us!” Junhoe raised both his hands up. Chanwoo followed suit. To your surprise, Donghyuk did the same. Hanbin was taken aback by their actions.
 
“We got 6 hands up. Hanbin hyung you lose” Chanwoo grinned. Hanbin was about to shout at him when you stuffed more chips into his mouth. Junhoe and Chanwoo laughed like there was no tomorrow. Donghyuk chuckled at your action and continued to eat his food. I can't wait for weekend to come.
 

"Dude I'm getting the largest room!" Bobby shouted as he sprinted after Junhoe and Chanwoo. Yunhyeong laughed at them as he made his way into the house. Hanbin groaned as he entered the house. The guys had played a rock paper scissors in the van and since there were 8 of you, everyone were split into two teams, Bobby, Junhoe, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo in one team and you, Hanbin, Jinhwan and Donghyuk in the other. Your team lost which meant you have to carry their bags.

"Hyung please don't kill me for this" he mumbled while dragging three bags with him.

"Jinwoo hyung won't kill you" Jinhwan appeared next to him said. "Jiyul needs some great time to bond with us you know, it's not fair you're keeping her for yourself. You're gonna make her a nun" he laughed and patted his back. "Don't worry about her, she's only a year younger than you. And if she really needs someone’s shoulder to lean on, i’m pretty sure there’s already someone waiting for her to do that" he winked. Hanbin frowned. Jinhwan pointed at Donghyuk who was standing at a corner, staring at you carrying your bag.

“What?! No! He can’t have her!"Hanbin shrieked. "He's not even helping!”

"He will! Now lets not interrupt them shall we" Jinhwan pulled Hanbin away before he freaked out at the duo.

"This is so heavy" you grunted while dragging your bag into the house. Donghyuk trailed behind you without muttering a word. You noticed his presence and turned around with a frown plastered on your face. “Aren’t you going to be a prince charming and help me with these?” You pointed at the box and bags. Cute.

Donghyuk only stared at you with two huge duffel bags in his arms. He walked into the house without sparing a single glance at you. You scoffed at his cold attitude towards you. This wasn’t like Donghyuk, from what Hanbin had described him. A caring, intelligent, talented, good looking young man who never hesitated to help anyone. Well, you have to admit that he’s got the looks, and he was the president of your class. But a caring and helpful person? Big no. He was far from that. Wait no, he does. Only around the gang and other people. Cold, selfish, ignorant, those were the attitudes that he was showing towards you. You were caught off guard when he appeared next to you and took two bags and threw them on his bag before snatching the huge box and walked off.

“Thank you” you mumbled at the disappearing figure and stepped into the house.


It was 2 in the morning and you couldn’t sleep. After tossing and turning in bed you gave up and headed towards the balcony outside the living room. "This is so frustrating" you said aloud while kicking your feet. You sat on the bench at the balcony and sighed. Thoughts of Donghyuk being cold towards you clouded your mind and you didn’t know why.

“What did I do to deserve such treatment from Kim Donghyuk”  you wondered out loud and looked at the sky. A few stars twinkled and danced in the open above you.

“What?” a voice spoke which made you fall from the bench. You looked up and saw Donghyuk staring down at you with a bored expression. You huffed and stood up, glaring at him. 
 
“Nothing” you said. “I’m going for a walk”
 
“Now?” Donghyuk frowned. “It’s only 2 in the morning” You ignored him and went into the house to get your shoes. Donghyuk followed suit and you two were walking down an empty lane in no time. It was awkward and quiet. No one dared to speak a word. You were sick of the awkwardness between you two and started the conversation.
 
“Why do you hate me?” the words slipped out of your mouth carelessly. you stopped and mentally slapped yourself. Donghyuk stopped his tracks and looked at you. Instead of shooting daggers at you, he laughed. And of course, you were terrified. What the hell is wrong with this person?
 
“Why do you ask?” he laughed as he continued walking. Was he on drugs or something?  The boy whom you assumed has no expressions at all was laughing, right at your face. You weren’t sure if you should be happy or scared right then.
 
“You acted like I’m some ghost or something every time i try to talk to you” you said. “Hanbin said you’re like the sweetest guy on earth but to me you’re some arrogant twerp” Donghyuk paused and turned around once again to face you. 
 
“You called me a what?”
 
“You’re an ignoramus!” you said but regretted it right away. Donghyuk kept quiet. He then dropped onto the floor and burst into a laughing fit. He was laughing so much that you weren’t sure if that was the Kim Donghyuk you’ve known.
 
“How did you even come out with that word?” he laughed. You lowered your head in embarrassment and decided to end the torment by turning to the other direction.
 
“I’m leaving!” you stomped off. Donghyuk got up and grabbed your wrist. Ah yes, the famous wrist grab boys always do to make girls fall for them. But not you, Kim Jiyul. You obviously struggled, but Donghyuk was so strong. He could’ve broke your wrist if held it even tighter.
 
“I’m sorry” he said. It sounded almost like a whisper but it was loud and clear in your ears. What he did next was totally unexpected, he pulled you into his chest and hugged you tightly. You tried to struggle but then again he was too strong for you. You gave up and remained motionless in his arms. His scent was intoxicating you. Vanilla, you assumed. His sweet scent was engulfing you and you frowned when he broke the hug.
 
“I’msorryforgivingyouacoldshoulderimeanyou’resoclosewiththeguysand-“he breathed in deeply before continuing. “-i don’t know how to umm approach you..?” Donghyuk scratched his head. You stayed quiet for a moment before bursting into laughter.
 
“Are you indirectly telling me that you’re jealous that the guys are always around me? For God’s sake Kim Donghyuk you never approached me of course i’m closer with the guys instead of you” you laughed, but stopped when something dawned on you. “Kim Donghyuk, do you like me?” 
 
“Wh-what? N-n-no! Of course n-not!” he shook his head. 
 
“Oh look, you’re stuttering!” you laughed. He sighed and hung his head low in defeat. “So you do huh?”
 
“Yes” he looked up. “Kim Jiyul” he took a step closer to you. “Will you g-“
 
“Go out with you? Sure” you grinned at the boy who looked at you dumbfounded before running away.
 
“Yah! Come back here, girlfriend!” he smiled as he sprinted off behind you.
 
"Not a chance, boyfriend!"
 
I like you a lot, Kim Jiyul.
 

“Why am I up so early?” Hanbin yawned while rubbing his eyes. It was 6 and he was wide awake. He wasn’t a morning person but something in him told him to get up early. And guess what? The bed on the other side of the room was empty. Remembering that Jiyul had tagged along, he quickly fumbled up and went to her room. To his dismay, she wasn’t there either. As Hanbin was about to explode in anger, he spotted two figures heading to the house through the window. Jiyul and Donghyuk were chatting and laughing as they made their way back to Bobby’s house. Jinhwan was right. Donghyuk was realible, and Jiyul needed a person like that. Hanbin smiled in relief for the first time at the sight of the happy couple.

 
“Take care of Jiyul for me, Donghyuk-ah"