Chapter 18

"His Guardian Angel"

Chapter 18

 

Jaejoong frowned, Hyunjoong put on a smile. Of course Jihye is their childhood friend. But they never meet after The Kim moved to Korea and Jung lived in Japan.

“ahh I’m so sad you don’t even remember me.”

“well, my brother here is bad at memorizing. Of course I remember you, little princess.”

“you still remember my nickname? Yeah but my disappointment, the one who gave me that nickname don’t even know me.”

“you make me sound like a bad person. I remember you, the one who always ask me to piggyback you.” Jaejoong finally talked.

“pfff, finally. And pretty lady here?”

“Shin Hara, my fiancée.” Hyunjoong answered her.

“and you don’t even invite me on your engagement, oppa?”

“we haven’t hold it yet, dear. And of course you’re our honorary guest.” Minjoong replied for her.

“are we in same age, Hara ssi?”

“yeah I guess. Nice to meet you Jihye ssi.” Hara said.

“please talk comfortably with me and call my name. I hope we can be friend.” She smile sincerely.

They spent the dinner with warm talk and laugh. Hara found herself comfortable with Jung family. Jung Jinho may looks arrogant old man but his personality indeed funny. Jung Jihye looks like lady type but she’s kind and easy going person.

After the dinner, the old men talking in the small library while their children talking in the living room.

“so how’re you guys doing these past 10 years?” Jihye started the conversation.

“well, you know after mom’s left dad became so busy with work. Jaejoong hyung stuck in his world and I was studying extra hard for the sake of dad to help him in the company.”

“yeah I heard it and sorry for not be there encouraging you guys especially Jaejoong oppa.” She put on sympatic smile.

“what’s the point talking about past? And how’s our little princess here doing ?”

“you know, I’m now an executive manager for design interior in Park Coorporation”

“so you’re not working in your dad’s company?” Jaejoong asked.

“nope... you know me right, oppa.”

“ah yeah, stubborn girl.” Jaejoong ruffled her hair.

“ya!!! Don’t do that and for your info I’m not a girl anymore.” She sticked out her tongue.

“both of you never change at all, so childish.”

“and you cry baby.” Jihye teased Hyunjoong.

“ya, Jung Jihye !!!”

“ahhh, Hara. let me tell you about Hyunjoong’s secret.”

“don’t you dare !!!”

“Hyunjoong was a cry baby one among us. He would cry if Jaejoong oppa piggy back me and left him walk behind.”

Hara turned to see Hyunjoong’s redden face. She never expects such a tough guy has this cute personality.

“don’t look at me like that.” Hyunjoong said to her, Hara just chuckled.

“so tell me your lovey dovey story please, Hara...” Jihye demanded.

“well, we met in the resto. I am a chef and Hyunjoong is the boss that time.”

“that’s it??? Hyunjoong oppa?”

“yeah well, we used to talk and I started to like her personality. She’s just different from any other women I met. I asked her to be my girlfriend but she rejected me.”

“awww, that’s hurt. Why Hara?”

“I ... I just not ready for a relationship. I wanna focus in my work.”

“then how come you guys engage now???”

“it’s like a fate I guess. Dad and her father is college friend. So I was asking dad’s help to meet her parents and officially proposed.”

“wow, you’re really in love, aren’t you Hyunjoong oppa?” Jihye said.

“well, you can tell.” Hyunjoong replied.

Hara peeked at Jaejoong who calmly sipped his tea. Jihye then turned to Jaejoong and smile.

“how about you, Jaejoong oppa? Do you have a girlfriend already or you’re still waiting for me?” she said, Hara’s eyes widen.

“well, why do you think I’m waiting for you, young lady?” he asked lazily.

“coz I told you too, remember? Hehehe just a child joke oppa. So tell me, will you?”

“nope, I haven’t think about it.”

“but you ever fall in love, don’t you?”

“fall in love? Maybe...” he said.

“really??? tell me tell me???” she whined.

“eyyy look at you! Pointing yourself as young lady but act like high school student.” Hyunjoong mocked her.

“she’s a nice person, pretty and kind. I feel comfortable to talk with her. We spent most time together. I used to cook for her and dinner together. Every weekend watching sunset on the beach and talk about her busy week.” Hara looked at him, she can feel hot tears forming in her eyes.

“awww that’s romantic oppa. So why don’t you ask her to be your girlfriend?”

“should I?” he teased.

“of course! Aishhh you’re just have a handsome face but not a brain.., what if someone steal her from you huh???”

“ haha... but she already has someone she loves.”

“okay, that’s . Forget her then.”

Jaejoong just smile and flicked her forehead. She’s whined in pain and hit his arm. Hara silently watched both of them. She’s jealous, he used to smile like that to her only. Watching him so close with other woman bring pain in her heart.

She feels warm embrace her hand, it’s Hyunjoong. Like he knows that she needs comfort. Surprisingly she replied with a smile, somehow she feels better.

“hmm forget her? Then should I date you instead?”

“ewww like I’m willing too “ Jihye sticked out her tongue and Jaejoong laughed at her childish behavior.

“well guys, seems like you have a great time here.” Their fathers approached.

“uncle Kim, can you come often? I really have a good time, living alone in this mansion make me deadly boring. Daddy is alwayd busy with his bunch of works.” Jihye said to Minjoong.

“why don’t you come visit us, dear. Well, I plan to retire soon and will have a lot of time for you.”

“yeayyy great. I will come often then...”

“so it’s time to say goodbye I guess. Thanks for a great dinner, Jinho, Jihye. Don’t forget to come at Hyunjoong’s engagement party next week.”

“we will gladly come, uncle.”

“bring your date, young lady.” Minjoong told her.

“too bad” Jinho

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s a bright afternoon when the lunch time passed and the customers one by one take their leave. Waiters busy to cleaning some tables and the cooks can take a rest. Jaejoong playfully helps his worker in the cashier spot.

“see that, our boss is different from sir Raphael, right?” a waiter whisper to another just rnext to the kitchen door where Hara leaning on.

“yeah, he is lovely one. Whoever will fall for his charm. I wonder if he has a girlfriend already?”

“I heard there’s a rumour between him and the junior chef.”

“who?”

“Belle, you know her right?”

“ahhh really. what a lucky girl.”

Just at the moment, a gorgeous woman enter the resto with a bright smile.

“welcome, miss can we help you?” a waiter approached her, but her eyes focus to the cashier spot.

“there you are... “ she waved at him.

Jaejoong replied her with a warm smile that makes the cashier beside him melted. He approaches her in a quick steps. She gave him a light hug, gaining long sigh from the female workers.

“what are you doing here, young lady?”

“I just passing by here and wonder if you’re on duty today.”

“have you got your lunch?”

“not yet.” She pouted.

“I haven’t got mine too. What do you want to eat now?”

“just a simple pasta will do, oppa.”

“want to help me in the kitchen? I’m gonna cook for you.”

“ah jinjja??” her eyes brighten. She naturally holding his arm. The female workers may die in jealousy.

“pssttt who’s that young lady? She is gorgeous. Is he Hero’s girlfriend?”

Hara’s clearly hear it before the girls walk away from the kitchen. She haven’t gained her consiousnes when Jaejoong entered the kitchen with Jihye beside him.

“Haraaaaa....” Jihye left Jaejoong’s hand and gwent to hug Hara.

“hey... what are you doing here?” Hara asked her.

“I’m just passing by from my client office and come by to have lunch. Have you lunch?”

“not yet, I just wanna take mine.”

“can Hara join us for lunch, oppa???”

“of course. Just wait for a while, I’m gonna cook pasta for us.”

“Hara?”

“okay. You need help, sir?”

“it’s okay, you can go search a table for us. Wait me there.” Jihye dragged Hara out of the kitchen and looking for a good table to hang out.

“do you want me to order you drink?” Hara asked.

“ahh thanks Hara. buble tea will do.” Jihye replied.

Hara walk to the beverage counter and ask for 2 buble tea. While she’s waiting,  Hyunjoong stepped into the resto. He smile right away when he spotted his woman.

He takes a silent step behind her and suddenly hugback her.

“find you...” he whispered behind her.

“you surprised me.” she said. “what are you doing here?”

“I miss you...”

“so you run from your busy schedule to say that to me?”

“hmmm...” he kept hugging her and make the female worker in beverage counter blushed.

Jaejoong just coming from the kitchen with their lunch. When he reached the table, Jihye smile widely while looking at somewhere.

“what’s with that smile?” he asked.

“oppa, look at them. I’m so envy.” Jihye pointed at Hara with Hyunjoong still backhugging her. Jaejoong keep silent and take his sit across Jihye.

 

“can you cook me something for lunch?” Hyunjoong asked Hara.

“I’m glad to, but Jaejoong oppa already cooked for us. You can come with us”

“hyung cooks for your lunch? Huft is he your boyfriend?” he pouted.

“well take back your jealousy coz actually he cooks for Jihye there and she just asked me to join them. Come on.” She guided him to their table.

“Hyunjoong oppa, wasso...”

“why are you here?”

“take my lunch of course. And you here to act lovey dovey ewww.” She teased.

“sooooo??? Are you envy me? go get yourself a boyfriend then.”

“stop it, oppa. That’s rude to say something like that to a young lady.”

“awww thank you Hara.” Jihye smile at her and threw a smirk to Hyunjoong.

“Jihye ya, stop teasing him. Both of you never change.”

“he started first, oppa.”

“you just envy me. Jung Jihye envy me “ Hyunjoong said childishly.

“oppaaaa...” Jihye whined at Jaejoong.

Hara and Jaejoong just watch them silently. Jaejoong will stole a glance at her once in a while. She’s just staring at her food all the time.

“Hara…”

“hmmm?”

“you don’t like the food?” Jaejoong asked her, gained attention from Hyunjoong and Jihye.

“are you feeling unwell, Hara?” Jihye also asked her.

“the food is great, but I’m just feeling a bit unwell.”

“hyung, may I take her home?” Hyunjoong felt worry.

Jaejoong nodded at his brother. “ you should get some rest, Hara. Let Hyunjoong takes you home.”

Hara nodded at him and walk to her locker. In 5 minutes they are driving home. hyunjoong sends her inside, meet Clarissa.

“dear, what’s wrong with you? You look so pale?”

“Hara said she’s feeling unwell so I took her home from work.” Hyunjoong explained.

“thank you so much, Hyunjoongie. I’ll take her to her bedroom then.”

“okay, aunty. I’ll leave now then. Hara, get well soon.” He kissed her forehead and leave.

 

Soooo these are all I have tonight

rest of chapters I save in my tab so I need to move them and do some editing before post them.

I guess it needs some times

see ya guys :)