Chapter 16

"His Guardian Angel"

Chapter 16

 

“wow, people say I have perfect sons. I just realized it today.”

“well daddy, we inherit this look from you.” Jaejoong said winking his eyes, while Hyunjoong chuckled beside him.

“take a seat, boys. We have accompany in a while.”

“oh I thought it’s family meeting, just three of us.” Jaejoong asked.

“yeah, the guest is part of meeting, son.”

“daddy, I smell something fishy here. What do you think Hyunjoongie?” Jaejoong said turning to his brother who just give him a smile.

Weird, Jaejoong thought. Hyunjoong becomes bit silent since he back from Jeju. Especially tonight he looks very calm and spacing a lot.

“Hyunjoong ah, are you okay?”

“it’s okay hyung. I’m great.” He replied.

“but you look opposite. You must be still tired from work. You better take a break for a while, I don’t want you getting sick coz overworking.”

“arasso, hyung-nim. I’ll listen to you “ hyunjoong smile to his brother possesiveness, never change. It must be family nature.

“guys, watch your behavior. Our guests are coming already.” Kim Minjoong said. Both Jaejoong and Hyunjoong fix their sitting position and focus on the door.

There they are a gentleman similar age with their father followed by a gorgeous woman beside him. there is another woman behind them. Jaejoong widened his eyes, he knows them.

“James, Clarissa. Welcome….”

“Thank you for the invitation, Minjoong ah.” James replied ans Clarissa smile at him.

“well, gentlemen. Say you greeting to my old friends, James Haart and his wife Clarissa.”

Jaejoong speechless on his spot, he is conscious enough but make a slow reaction before he say his greeting.

“Annyeong haseyo. Kim eldest son, Kim Jaejoong imnida.” He shook hand with both Hara parents.

“Jaejoongie, nice to meet you again.” Clarissa said and made a confusion between Kim Minjoong and Hyunjoong as well.

“Annyeong haseyo, Kim younger brother, Kim Hyunjoong inmida.”

“aww Minjoong oppa, you have gorgeous sons. I’m envy” Clarissa said again.

“well, we have a princess too, honey. This is our only daughter. Introduce yourself, dear.” James told his daughter who still blank in situation.

“Annyeong haseyo, Anabelle Shin, Hara imnida. Nice to meet you, sir.”

All of them sit on their chair, the elder comfortably talk to each other while the younger couldn’t find a word. Jaejoong looks straight at Hara who continuosly lower her head. She just don’t understand how her parents and Jaejoong’s Dad know each other. They never tell her though they already met Jaejoong before. As hyunjoong tries to comfort himself between the awkward situation.

“ah Minjoong ah, do you know that our children know each other?”

“yeah of course, that why I asked you to fasten the plan, right.”

“so, what’s the next plan then?” Clarissa asked.

“of course if they are agree, we just can held the engagement party.” Minjoong simply answered.

“great, what do you think Hara? I can see both of you have a good chemistry. Just admit it, honey. I know you like him, I don’t need to ask him as I can see how he looks at you.”

“mom, what is it all about? Are you talking about my relationship? we are just friend, though I may have feeling for…”

“that’s it ! you like him. that’s enough to continue this plan.” James cut his daughter.

“whoaaa this is interesting. So we can proceed it now. Faster is better right? So I’ll be the one who prepare the engagement party.”

Hara dumbfounded by the elder right there. What the hell they are talking about her future casually without even ask her properly. Jaejoong remains silent, he’s confused too. Engagement? Does his father know his relationship with Hara? But why he never ask him about it and suddenly decide to arrange their married.

“so Jaejoongie, there’s no objection right? I’m sure Hara is a good woman and can make your brother happy as they’ve know each other so well.” Jaejoong just cant believe what he heard.

“you mean Hyunjoong will engage to Hara, dad?” he timidly asked.

“yeah of course.  Don’t you pay attention our conversation all along?”

“dad, hyung must be too shocked right now.” Hyunjoong told his dad.

Hara feels her world fall down completely. It’s Hyunjoong, not Jaejoong. Why? Jaejoong feels his heart breaks into pieces. He looks at Hara who already has tears on her face. He feels so hurt. Hyunjoong continues to sit calmly, watching his surrounding.

Clarissa is speechless, she is shocked. She thought Minjoong expect Hara for Jaejoong not his brother that she herself barely knows. She peeks at her daughter beside her, there goes tears on her face. Hara must be broken right now. She hold Hara’s hand and gently it, feel the pain.

The room becomes silent as no one dare to speak. Finally Kim Minjoong excitedly continue engagement plan with Hara’s dad who actually doesn’t know the real situation right now.

“daddy, excuse me to the restroom” Jaejoong finally found his word.

“I’m going with hyung.” Hyunjoong followed Jaejoong to the rest room.

Jaejoong splash cold water from the westafel to his face. It feels like thousand needles stuck in his face. He saw Hyunjoong calmly washed his hand beside him.

“do you by any chance know this plan before this meeting?” Jaejoong asked.

“yeah, I’ve talked about this with dad. I’m sorry for hiding this from you, I’m afraid that you will object this since you’re so protective toward Hara. But I promise you, I’ll take care of her coz I’m truly like her.”

So Hyunjoong likes Hara. Stupid, Jaejoong thought. How could he doesn’t sense it. In the end he just show a bitter smile and walk away from the rest room.

“what take you guys so long? James and his family wanna go home already.”

“I’ll drive them home.” Hyunjoong said.

“okay then, see you on next meeting Minjoongie.”

“nice meeting today, James. “

Hyunjoong drives Hara’s family to their new house, left Jaejoong with his father.

“you are so quiet tonight, son. Something bother you?”

“it’s okay, dad.”

“are you shocked about your brother marriage?”

“little bit, but I’m happy for him.”

“so, I guess you also have someone special?”

“why do you say so?”

“coz last time you talk about her right? have you confessed to her?”

“maybe it’s too late now, dad. She’s gonna married with another man.”

“really? so you just give up on her? Come on son, you are a Kim. Why don’t you tell her and let her decide if she will choose you or that man.”

“it’s not the problem, dad. The problem is I cant choose between her and that man. Both are precious person for me.”

His dad confused by his statement.

“if you don’t mind, I have an appointment with Yunho.”

“yeah, go ahead.”

“see you, dad.” He hugged his dad and call Yunho on the way to Yunho’s apartement.

“hyung, whats up?”

“are you home? Can I come over?”

“yeah of course. See you then, be careful while driving hyung.”

He hang up the phone and focus on the way. He just start over his life and it ruins in one night, he smiles all the way thinking how life plays a joke with him.

“so what’s up hyung?” Yunho greet him as he entered his apartement

“I’m just coming from family meeting.”

“so you meet your daddy? It must be a fun meeting.”

“yeah, the meeting about Hyunjoong’s engagement party.”

“what??? You’re kidding right ?”

“he’s gonna engage with Hara.”

“hyung, you’re not funny at all. Come on tell me what happened?”

“do I look like joking with you right now, yunho? They’ve decided it. Hyunjoong fall for her long time since she started working at resto. I’m just too stupid to sense it.”

“do you object the engagement?”

“should I do that? Choose to hurt my own brother or the woman I love?”

“but hyung, she’s the reason you change. You obviously love her.”

“and that’s love I saw from Hyunjoong’s eyes as well.”

“how’s Hara reaction? Does she know it before?”

“no, I guess. Coz she’s shocked just like me.”

“hyung, I cant believe this happened. Cant you just fight for your love this time?”

“and what? Leave the brother I love so much in broken state?”

“but you’ll be broken as well. Cant Hara just choose between you two?”

“I wont ever ask her to do that, except ....”

“except what?”

“she decides to choose by herself, not but anyone force. If only she asks me to fight for her, then I’ll protect her.”

“hyung, you never change. Always that considerate and soft hearted. This is your ultimate weakness.”

“both of them are the person I love more than anything in this world. I can be broken but not for them, I cant stand to see it happens.”

“lets go drink, hyung. Let all happened today pass.” Yunho patted his back and give him a toast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“mom, this is not for real right?” Hara cried on her bed hugging her mom.

“I’m sorry my dear, this is out of my control. I don’t expect Minjoong will assume it’s Hyunjoong that you love.”

“mom, I cant be with him. He’s a nice person, we know each other but to accept him to be my husband I cant.”

“but our families have decided it, we cant back off. You father and minjoong is a good friend, he wont be break the relationship by cancel the engagement. You said you’ve known each other, why don’t you try to like him Belle. He’s such a nice person also, I believe he’s as nice as Jaejoong.”

“it’s not that easy, mom. I fell too deep already. He even tries to move on for me and now I broke him. I don’t know how to face him later. I cant, mom.”

Clarissa feels so hurt to see her daughter. But what can she do now? Both of her husband and friend have a aggrement already. She knows how consistent her husband can be.

 

How is it so far ???

okay, next chap ......