Chapter 17

"His Guardian Angel"

Chapter 17

 

“good morning, everyone.” Jaejoong greet all his staffs when he entered the resto. His eyes still red, even his hangover from last night still on the air.

“Hero, you look like a mess man.”

“I’m just drink too much with yunho last night.”

“Belle, you just came?”

“I’m sorry for late. I wont be happen again.” Her face so awful coz too many cried last night.

“ckckck both of you really awful. Belle, can you make hangover soup for Hero, he must be need it now.”

Jaejoong just silent on his spot and Hara nodded her head then go to the kitchen. Half hour later Hara stands in front of Jaejoong’s office, bringing the bowl of hot soup.

“may I come in?” she said in weak voice.

“yeah, just come in Belle.” Jaejoong replied.

“I bring you the soup.”

“thank you, I think I really need it.” Jaejoong took the spoon and start to drink the soup.

“why are you drunk last night?” hara asked.

“Yunho’s fault. He asked me to accompany him drinking all night.”

“don’t you have something to tell me?”

“what??? Ahhh congrats for the engagement.” Jaejoong said. It likes a knife stabbing her heart.

“that’s the last thing I wish to hear from you, Oppa.”

“I give my bless for both of you, please take care of my brother.”

“I think you know me the best, oppa. But listen those words from you is more painful for me.”

She stormed out from the office, don’t care of anyone who call her name. she bumped into Changmin on the front door, make the maknae shocked coz she cried while running out the resto.

“hyung, what happened to Hara? She’s running out of the resto while crying? Something happened?”

“nothing of your concern, Min.” he coldly said.

“oh okay, I just wanna pass the report. You wanna have breakfast together?” Changmin carefully asked.

“I’m sorry. I need time alone. I’ll call you later.”

“I understand. See you later, hyung.”

Changmin exited from the office and directly call Yoochun.

“hyung, something must be happened.”

“what do you mean?”

“I’m just coming to Jaejoong hyung office. But weird things is before I entered the resto I bumped into Hara and she’s crying. When I asked Jaejoong hyung, he coldly replied me.”

“maybe Yunho hyung knows something. We should gather and talk maybe.”

“okay hyung, meet you guys in the Mirotic club tonight. “

“call.”

Yoochun frowned, he proceed to call Yunho who is busy working.

“this call is better important, Yoochun ah.”

“sorry hyung. But do you know if something happened to Jaejoong hyung and Hara. Changmin just called me and talk about what happened in resto this morning.”

“*sighed... well I don’t know if I should talk about this with you guys.”

“hyung, we’re friend for long time. If something go wrong we can help solve it.”

“arasso, I’ll explain it to you guys but not now. I’m so busy.”

“we’re gonna meet in Mirotic club tonight, just join us.”

“okay then.”

“but, hyung. Should we ask Hyunjoong to come?”

“NO!!! he cant be there. just 3 of us.”

“oh okay. I just think he should know if something happened to his brother.”

“yeah but this case Hyunjoong no need to involve with us. He just doesn’t need to know.”

“you’re confusing me but I’m okay. Meet you tonight then.”

Yoochun sighed and hang up the phone. What’s really happening exactly. Yunho seems to annoyed when he asked Hyunjoong to come along. But he just need to wait till tonight and continue to call Junsu as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hara doesn’t know how she ended up sitting on the park bench still in her chef uniform. Her eyes red and puffy face. She take a long deep breathe and saw the clear sky. She’s too upset, to him and herself. Why cant she ask him to object the engagement, why cant he tell his feeling for her?

“are you ditching for work?” a voice greet her, a familiar one.

Hyunjoong sits beside her and smile as she turned to face him.

“I just need a while to breath, kitchen seems so suffocating for me.”

“owh...”

“what are you doing here?”

“I’m jogging and end up here.”

“obviously you’re trying to fool me. Do you ever see person jogging with a formal suit?”

“hehehe sorry... I’m on the way to the resto when I see you run out there and decide to follow you. Did something happen?”

“it’s nothing.”

“is it Jaejoong hyung?”

“I said it’s nothing of your concern.”

“yes it is if it’s about you, soon to be my wife.” Hara froze.

“is it you who asked for this arrangement?” she asked.

“yeah, I told my dad about you. I told him that I wanna date you seriously and surprisingly your dad is his bestfriend so he suggested to talk about this directly to your parents.”

“why?”

“why?” hyunjoong frowned.

“why don’t you asked me first? Don’t you care about my opinion?”

“I’ve sked you right? and you never say no so I’m confidently work my plan.”

Hara remains silent.

“Hara ya... can you give me a chance? Can you kindly give yourself a chance to love me? I’ve been living like a robot for few past years, then met you I feel like find a reason to be my own self. For the first time I wanna be selfish that care for my own happiness.”

“I cant promise you anything, it will just hurt you and I don’t want to. I like you, you are a good friend for me. but to love you it can be impossible for now,”

“you never try, Hara. You never give me a chance to enter your heart, how can you know you cant possibly love me? so please, from now on till our parents decide the wedding date, let me show you how much I love you, let yourself open for me.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What ???? “ Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin yelled in union when yunho finished his speech.

“hyung, that’s unbelievable. Why Hyunjoong do that to Jaejoong hyung.”

“he probably doesn’t know about Jaejoong’s hyung feeling for Hara.” junsu said.

“impossible !!!” Changmin blurted.

“yeah, even stupid person can see how Jaejoong hyung loves her. And he is his brother who exactly knows him, how can he doesn’t know it.” Yoochun boiled up.

“calm down guys. I’ve talked to Jaejoong hyung, He wont do anything unless Hara herself ask him to fight for her.”

“what’s wrong with that hyung, aishhh jinjja !!!” changmin said in frustrating.

“what if we talk to Hara, hyung?” Yoochun suggested.

“we cant do that, Chun. Jaejoong hyung doesn’t want anyone to confront for him.”

“but we can do it secretly.” Changmin added.

“majayoooo hyung. Lets do it, for sake of Jaejoong hyung.” Junsu agreed.

“what if Jaejoong hyung knows, he will get mad at us. You all know how scary he can be when he is mad.” Yunho said

“ duhh why everything turn complicated like this? for God sake, he just find the happiness but faith play horrible joke with him.” Junsu sighed.

“guys, we will think the best way to help but for now just stay beside him whenever we need us. That’s the only thing we can do for now.”

“yeah, I have to agree with you, Yunho hyung. You’re the one who knows him best.” Yoochun replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A black car just entered the yard. Clarissa peeked from the window. She saw a man came out from driver door and walk to open the passanger door where her daughter came out. She just stands there and watches the scene with a regretful feeling.

“thank you for taking me home, oppa.”

“I should thank you.” He stepped closer to hug her.

“good night Hara...” he broke the hug and kissed her temple.

Hara silently watched as he drive away from her house. He can be warm and intimidated in the same times. His eyes are scariest things for her, coz just by seeing those eyes she’s hardly say No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I heard you younger son will engage?” Jung JinHo sipped his tea.

“yeah, in two weeks. He gets a nice woman finally.”

“glad to hear that. Then what about Jaejoong? I heard he’s now taking over his property and manage it alone.”

“yes, that’s another great news. So Jinho, what you purpose coming here?”

“like you don’t know me well, Minjoong. I haven’t gave up yet on you.”

“listen here, Jinho. I respect our friendship but I cant decide my son’s future. They need to find their own happiness.”

“I’m not asking you to marry them, just give me a permission to introduce my daughter to him and the rest is their choice.”

“I don’t know. I cant guarantee that Jaejoong will agree with this.”

The secretary interrupted their conversation.

“Mr Kim, your son is coming to visit. Should I ask him to wait?”

“is it Hyunjoong?”

“No, it’s Mr Kim Jaejoong.”

“Jaejoong? You can just let him in.”

“okay, Mr Kim. Young master Kim, you cant get in.”

“Thanks.” Jaejoong bow and entered his dad’s office.

“good afternoon, daddy. You have a guest? I’m sorry disturbing you.”

“it’s not my son, this is a friend. Jinho, you must be know him already but let me introduce you officially. This is Kim Jaejoong, the first heir of the Kim. Jaejoong this is Jung Jinho, my friend and business partner.”

“annyeong haseyo Mr Jung. Nice to meet you.”

“call me uncle, son. We’re  friend afterall.”

“Ne, Uncle Jung.”

“so Jaejoong, I come here today to invite your family for dinner in my place this Saturday. Your father said he must ask you guys first since both of you busy persons.”

“this Saturday night? I guess I don’t have any appointment. As for hyunjoong, I should ask if he doesn’t have any plan with his fiancé.” That words stabbed him.

“I really like to invite his fiancé as well. It’s gonna be a great dinner. You know, It’s kinda lonely having dinner with my only daughter.” Jinho said calmly, Jaejoong smirked as he knows this oldman intention.

“I will call hyunjoong and ask him to bring his fiancé with him, uncle Jung.”

“such a nice young man. Okay, cant wait to see you guys.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong walk in to his resto in the lunch time. As usual it’s such a crowd there. waiters back and forth from table to table. He peeks to the kitchen, Watanabe in a furious face commanding all his staffs to go faster.

“Ben, what’s happening here?”

“Gil and Sun is absent today so we are lack of chef and you can see the crowd out there.”

“it’s okay, I can help you.”

“yeah it will be glad if you really can help, man.”

“of course I do. Don’t worry, Ben. Calm down will you? You make everyone here scared with that face.” Jaejoong took an apron and start to make a move.

“go to Belle and prepare the main course, Hero.” Watanabe shouted at him.

Jaejoong a little bit startled but walks hesitantly towards Hara. the young lady push a weak smile at him.

“thanks for helping, this kitchen is in a mess.”

“it’s okay. What can I do now?”

“watch these tuna, I’m making sauces. Ahh heck!!! The meat!!” Hara run to the oven but almost trip if Jaejoong not fast enough to grab her.

“be careful, miss. We will be doom if you’re hurt in this critical time.” He said while helping her stand properly.

“sorry.” She mumbled.

2 hours passed, Watanabe calmly share drink with his chefs staffs in the kitchen. There’s only few customers outside enjoy their desert.

“you’ve worked hard today guys.” He said.

“and thanks to our boss for big help.” He added.

Jaejoong gave a warm smile to his workers, make female chefs blushing even the male chefs are stunned by him.

“you’ve worked hard. So for today we will close earlier so you can go home and enjoy the weekend with your family.”

“really?”

“yeah. But don’t be late for tomorrow, guys.” he replied, then turned to Hara “ Belle, can you come to my office now. Something to talk about.”

“okay.” They walked together to the office.

“are you okay?”

“huh?”

“last time our conversation not ended well. I’m sorry for that.”

“it’s okay. I’m just bit stressful that time. So this is you wanna talk about?”

“not really. tonight we’re gonna have a dinner with family friend. I already ask Hyunjoong to come and I wonder if you can attend it too as a part of our family.”

“why? I haven’t been you family yet.”

“it’s a request from them. They wanna meet and congratulate your engagement.”

“are you coming too?”

“of course I am the one who accept the invitation.”

“okay.”

“great.  We will pick you up at 6 then. You can tidy up now. I’ll drive you home.”

“it’s okay, I can take bus. I’ve moved to my parents’ house actually.”

“so I should really drive you, how can I pick you tonight if I don’t know where do you live.”

“ yeah you’re right. I’ll be ready in 15 minutes then.”

Jaejoong stares at her back who silently leave his office. She doesn’t show it but he can see that her eyes turned cold. She may be talk calmly but the smile is not sincere. He sighed and sit on his chair waiting for her then send her home. She says nothing till they reached home. Clarissa looks so surprise when Jaejoong greet her.

“good afternoon, clarissa.”

“oh Jaejoong. How are you, dear?”

“I’m doing good. You look great as usual.”

“awww are you trying to seduce me, young man? Let me treat you with a cup of tea?”

“my pleasure, but I gotta go to the hotel. Later, I will come by and have a nice chat with you.”

“I’ll be waiting. Take care Jaejoong.” Jaejoong hugged Clarissa and turning to hugged Hara as well.

“see you tonight, Hara.”

“okay” she weakly replied.

Hara falls in deeply thought while looking at the direction where his car drive away.

“honey, are you okay?”

“yeah, mom. Just little bit tired on working.”

“are you planning to go out with Jaejoong tonight ?”

“it’s dinner with their family friends. I’m going in, mom. See ya.”

She entered the house and directly to her room. Right after she reached the bed, her tears are falling. That pain comes to her again. As everyday she has to see his face and watching him acts innocently in front of her.

Clarissa just stands in front of her daughter’s room. She can hear her sobbing. The older woman just sighed hardly and left.

 

“hyung, don’t you think this is just a plan that old Jung has prepared for you?”

“ya! Just shut up and wear that tie of yours.”

“aishh hyung jinjja, why don’t you hear me? he must be wanna throw his daughter to you.”

“I know it, Hyunjoongie. But what can I do, this is just a politeness okay. Now quickly dress coz we will pick up Hara.”

“ah arasso. Hyung. Do I look good now???”

“yeah you’re Mr handsome.”

“you shouldn’t go tonight, hyung.” Jaejoong froze.

“my effort is useless if I stand beside you, look at yourself always that perfect” Hyunjoong jokingly nagged, Jaejoong sighed.

“stupid . I am your brother and you own my perfection also, be confident will you?”

“hyung, there’s one thing I’m scared of.”

“what else???”

“if you’re going there like this, I’m scared if that Jung daughter will fall for you?”

“aishhhh, you wont stop talking??? I’m gonna kick you out now !!!” Jaejoong dragged his brother by the collar.

“hyuuuungggg, you’re ruining my clothes.”

“whatever. Now turn on the car, I’ll call daddy.”

5 minutes later they start to drive, picking up Hara and go directly to Jung mansion. In front of the mansion, Jung Jinho himself welcomes them.

“good evening, Minjoong ah. Jaejoongie, Hyunjoongie and this beautiful young lady must be Shin Hara ssi. Welcome to my mansion.”

Jinho guides them to enter the mansion and show them the dining room.

“Please take a seat... mrs Han, please call my daughter to dinner.”

“yes, master.” The old lady smile and walk to call her young lady.

“thank you for accepting my invitation. I’m so happy to watch this beautiful family. If only YooJin can join us.”

“why bring the past here. She’s in peace right now.” Minjoong replied.

“yeah, you’re right. so Hara ssi, welcome to family then. I hope we can be friend as well. You and my daughter about same ages.”

“I guess so, Mr Jung.”

“just call me uncle, please.”

And at the moment, a beautiful lady enter the dining room. she confidently stepping on her heels. Her perfect body wrapped by black elegant dress. Her smile so gentle and warm.

“I’m sorry for my rudeness coming late. Jung Jihye imnida...” she bowed to the guests.

“wahhh it has been long long time since last time I saw you my dear. You’re grown up to a beautiful lady now.” Minjoong smile at her.

“Nice to see you again, uncle Kim. I guess you’re so busy and don’t have time to visit me. I used to be your favorite niece back then.”

“awww my bad, dear. But you’re still my favorite.”

“and these gentlemen must be the famous Kim Brothers. Do you still remember me?”

 

Next next next .....