Chapter Five

Forbidden Love

Jessica's POV

 

Buzz ~

 

Hello this is Jessica Jung. Please leave your message. ~

 

-Clicks-

 

Unnieee ~

I miss you so much! *fakes a sob*

How have you been? You promised me that you will call me every day but you didn’t for the whole week. I hate you! Are you okay, unnie? I hope you are. I want to see you soon. I miss you so much. Never worry on me, okay?  I’m doing well. Actually, I met someone four days ago and he is nice. His name is Minho. He’s an American born Korean too. I hope you could meet him sometime soon. Hehe. He asked me out, unnie.

 

 

‘You have to ask my permission first!’

 

 

Don’t worry, unnie. I haven’t agreed yet. You told me to ask your permission, right? That’s why I called up. But your hand phone was off, pfft! So I tried to reach you here.

Unnie, don’t tell me you’re still sleeping? Sleepy bum! Ha! Ha! Oh! Mom’s knocking on my door. I’ll hang up first. Call me back when you’re up, okay? I love you! Mwaaa!

 

- End of the Message -

 

 

‘I love you too, Krystal.’ I sighed at the thought of Krystal.

 

I charged up and opened my phone. Then I walked over to the toilet to wash my face and brush my teeth. It’s been a while since I heard Krystal’s voice. And months now since the last time I saw her.

 

Krystal is my little sister. I promised to call her every day but I just failed to do so. With that, I feel like I’m a bad sister. After her graduation, she’ll be living here with me and continue her college. Thank god, mom and dad agreed.

 

As soon as I finished grooming myself, I called Krystal right away. It’s 7am here and around 2pm there. So I wouldn’t disturb her right?

 

“Unnieeee!” Krystal greeted in excitement as soon as I got through the line.

 

“Hi baby! Did you miss me?” I happily greeted back.

 

“I missed you so much! And I still miss you..." Krystal whined. "You didn’t call me the past whole week! I hate you!” She hissed.

 

“I'm sorry, Krys. I’ve been so busy with some stuffs here, that is. Anyway, who is this Minho you told me about?” I asked, trying to sound a little cold.

 

“Unnie ~” said Krystal in an aegyo manner. 

 

“Hey, who is he? I’m serious.” I said sternly.

 

“Someone I met four days ago. He asked me out.”

 

I squinted my eyes. "You said yes, am I right?” I asked.

 

Krystal kept quiet and didn’t talk for a moment then I uttered, “I knew it. Make sure it’s just a friendly-out, Soojung-ah. I don’t wanna get mad at you. And please, don’t give your full trust. Understood? He's still a stranger.”

 

“Don't worry unnie, I don't easily give my trust to someone. And thank you for permitting me to go out with him! He's nice, I swear! I love you unnieee~” Krystal kissed me over the phone.

 

“Love yah too! Give my regards to mommy and daddy. I’m hunging up! Take care!”

 

I hung up the phone and walked in the kitchen. What should I cook? Pancake? Not again! How about fried egg and bacon? Seriously, Jessica? Every day? Okay. I’m going to eat outside instead.

 

------

 

“Beef flavored ramyeon and milk shake. And a banana, please.” I placed my order.

 

I didn’t realize that it’s cold outside. I was only wearing a rather thin shirt. Wish me luck. I looked out of the window and stared at each people walking along the street. Great way to kill time in waiting.

 

As I was halfway through my game-time, my stare suddenly bumped into a girl standing across the other street. I leaned forward a little while my hand was supporting my chin to see the girl’s face. I jumped up from my seat and looked away when the girl caught me glancing over her. Somehow, the girl seemed familiar. 

 

The food was delicious and I was full. I decided to step out of the noodles shop and walked around the place for a while.Just when I was halfway through my walk, I saw the girl from across the street a while ago, sitting near my building. She was listening to music as she has headphones on. Suddenly, something popped in my head. This girl is the girl who bumped into me on the bus few nights ago. The heartless-risk-taking girl.

 

I decided to ignore her and return back to my flat. I was about a few meters away from where she was sitting on when I noticed her took a quick glance at me. She looked away immediately afterwards. I frowned in puzzlement. I hate weird people.

 

-------

 

"Yes Tiff? Your place? Okay. Yeah. I'm gonna have to send off a few clothes first in the laundry shop. Yeah. I will. Bye."

 

Tiffany hang up the phone. I placed the clothes in the bag, quick as possible and walked over to the nearby laundry shop. Just then, someone one bumped  into me. I lost my grip onto the bag and it fell on the ground causing some clothes to scatter.

 

"Yaaaah!" I shouted and threw a deathly stare at the person who bumped into me. To my surprise, it was the girl again. Why do I always bump into her? She looked at me nonchalantly without saying anything and threw me a puzzled look.

 

"Aren't you going to apologize?" I said coldy.

 

Still, she's unresponsive.

 

I was a little getting impatient then and I unconsciously hit her with the bag. "Yah!"

I was suddenly taken aback when she squinted her eyes on me. I made a few steps backwards and gulped hard as I got frightened by her gaze. Then she began to talk. "Why am I going to apologize? You're the one who bumped into me. You were not looking. And that's the cause of your careless action." She said, arrogantly. 

 

"W-what? Can you hear yourself!? You know what it's fine, okay!? Thanks anyway!" I said as I gritted my teeth in anger and I stomped my feet towards the laundry shop. 

 

---------