Chapter Twelve

Forbidden Love

Taeyeon's POV

 

Jessica pulled away after some time. And then the cold wind brushed off the warmth gushed in my body by the contact. There was silence again. She was looking down as if millions of thoughts were circling around her head. I wanted to confess about how I feel for her but I thought that it's not the perfect time yet, so I held myself to composure.

 

I scolded myself mentally for having to do something so stupid again. I was carried away. I hope it didn’t creep her out.

 

“Uhm… l-let’s get back to our seats, shall we?” I told her, voice almost cracking up. She didn't even look at me after I spoke and just started to drag her feet back to our table. My heart began to beat fast. Faster than it was when I hugged her. She must've felt disgusted. What have I done?  ‘You’re a total idiot, Taeyeon.’ I told myself and followed after her.

Jessica walked towards Seohyun, with a paperbag on her grip. Is she leaving?

“Seohyun-ah, I’m so sorry but I have to go home now.” Jessica said and handed the paper bag to the wondering Seohyun. “Please enjoy the rest of your night. Happy birthday again.” She smiled.

 

“Is there something wrong?” asked Seohyun.

“Oh, no. Nothing's wrong. It's just that I suddenly felt ill. Guess I'm just tired. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't ruin your night.” I looked at Jessica, worried. Is that why she hasn't replied any of my messages a while ago?

 

“Of course you didn't. Okay, you must head home now then. Take care, alright? It’s kinda late.” replied Seohyun.

“No worries. I'm just a couple of blocks away.” Jessica bid goodbye to the gang, except me.

 

Just when she was about to step her foot forward after she bid goodbye, I spoke. “I’ll send you home.” I said firmly.

She looked at me with a look I can't describe and remained like that for a few seconds. I didn’t mind if my friends would find it weird or fishy but I just wanted to make sure that she would return home safe and sound. She was all that mattered to me, that time.

“It’s not safe to go home alone at this hour. Come on. I’ll send you home.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her ahead.

 

---

 

“If you don’t feel well, stay at home and rest. Don’t go anywhere.” I sounded as though I was lecturing her while her hand on mine as we walk the silent street. “And always bring a hoodie with you. It’s cold nowadays.” I added.

 

She pulled away from my grip and stopped on her track. I looked at her and she locked her gaze on mine. “I can go home by myself, Taeyeon. Go back to the party.”

 

“No, you can’t. Look at the street ahead of you, there’s no people. It’s dark, and I assume killers are everywhere now – waiting for someone to be victimized. You wouldn’t want to be their first victim, would you?” 

 

I just don't want that night to happen again. Not when I'm not with her. I want her to reach home safe and unfractured.

 

Jessica thought for seconds then nodded weakly as she turned her gaze on the dark street before us. I bet she was kind of feeling scary now.  “Shall we?” Her eyes, her eyes were so beautiful. I wish I could look at them every second. After a few, she flushed a faint smile and we started to walk.

 

It was nearly midnight. The moon was hidden and only a few stars showed above the sky. I was feeling a bit scary as it was a little dark. I wonder if she was feeling scared too. She was just about an inch away from me now.

 

“You can hold my hand if you’re scared.” I heard myself saying. It was as if I had become a ventriloquist’s dummy, my voice controlled by someone else.

 

I shifted my gaze to Jessica, her face looked sort of blank as though her thoughts were a long, long way away. "Are you scared?" I asked softly, she nodded.

 

Without further ado, I held her hand, tight enough to comfort her. There were butterflies. And I knew, I was really in love.

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

My body was trembling a little, my feet weakned, and I felt rather feverish as the street was really dark and eerie. I wanted to badly cling to Taeyeon like a scared child but I just tried to push away the scary thoughts running over my mind and continued walking as tough as I could. I thought I heard Taeyeon spoke but when I took a quick glance at her she was looking straight ahead. 'Please, save me Taeyeon.' I said in my head.

 

"Are you scared, Jessica?" 

 

I heaved a sigh before I nodded when Taeyeon spoke. She saved me. I was just hoping for it then it happened. Is she a psychic or what? Or is it because it's freakin' obvious that I'm scared?

 

My heart skipped a beat and butterflies fluttered as soon as she held my hand. Fear vanished. Her hand was warm and soft. I didn't pull away. I just let her hold my hand until we reached my place.

 

"You.. get some rest now." said Taeyeon as soon as we reached my house. "Go." she gestured and smiled. I just drew a weak smile and turned away.

 

"I'm glad I got to see you again., Jessica. Good night." I was taken aback for a moment. I wanted to reply 'I'm glad to see you too' but my mind protested. I turned around to give her a decent reply I could atleast give, I mean a smile, but I saw her walking from afar already.  

 

If you only know how I feel, Taeyeon. 

 

---------

 

PS: Sorry. Bare with this lame chapter a little. >.< I'm trying my best. T___T

TaengSic is REAL!  Yeah!