Chapter Two

Forbidden Love

 

I didn’t notice that it was already evening. I actually don't want to go home yet and enjoy the night for a few more hours but where else I should go to? I don't want to stay at Tiffany's place either. I walked towards the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. I have no choice but to head back home.

 

There wasn’t much people waiting at the stop. We were only five, actually. I was sitting next to a girl who seemed to be not minding anyone at all and indulging herself in her own little world through her iPod and her earphones. Seriously? Doesn't she know that she's putting herself into risk by doing that? Look, it's late at night and it's not a good idea to keep herself less aware from what's happening around her. Tsk. Tsk. This girl is not thinking. I shook my head.

 

Suddenly, the girl stood up. I looked at her as she walked her feet towards the edge of the sidewalk. The bus has arrived, I didn’t notice. Quickly, I walked my feet before her. I tried to eavesdrop what she was listening to and I found myself smirking as I tried to listen to her music.

 

She was listening to Girls' Generation's I Got A Boy and I was a little impressed. Well, I'm just overwhelmed. I boarded the bus too and decided to sit near the door. 

 

I sat behind the girl and she across mine, obviously. Because I was a little curious, I tried to observe her secretly. She seemed a little weird. Not a bad thing though. 

 

I yawned quietly and looked out of the window while enjoying the night scene zooming by. I drew a smile on my face. Korea is so beautiful. I fished out my phone and took photographs. Then, millions of thoughts ran over to my mind. I never thought that travelling alone would be this fun. I brought such kind of happiness that I've never felt before.

 

My eyes wandered  back again to the girl sitting across mine. She took off her earphones, thank goodness. I diverted my gaze back at the view outside. Silence made me feel sleepy. I closed my eyes.

 

 

Accchhuuuu!

 

 

A loud sneeze scared the hell out of me and my heart almost leaped out from my ribcage. I placed a hand over my chest and I swear, my heart raced crazily. I almost died. The girl just sneezed, so loud like there's no tomorrow.  

 

 

Aaacccchhuu!

 

 

And again. 

 

 

Feeling like it was some kind of joke to be laugh on, I laughed. But it was unintentional. I didn't mean to offend her if she ever felt that way. I saw her ears turned red and her head bowed a little. I guess she did.

 

"Sorry." was all I've ever said. Then after a few seconds, she stood up and took a seat at the back. I looked at her from the corner of my eye as she walked her feet at the back, hastily. I felt guilty. I pressed my lips together and swayed my head a little while circling my eyes around the bus trying to brush away my guilt.

 

After what seemed like eternity, the bus halted. I pulled myself up lazily as I was really feeling so tired and sleepy already. Just when I was about to step my right foot forward, a body bumped into my shoulder and I fell back on the seat. It was the girl who sneezed just now. I hate being bumped on! What even made me mad was that she never looked at me and said sorry, or even helped me for that matter. She just ran away as if she didn't hit someone. Did she do that on purpose!? Argh!

 

-----

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

 

"Kim Tae Yeon! Wake up!" 

 

"M-mmm.."

 

"Wake up Taeyeon-ah!"

 

"MMMMMM!"

 

"Taeyeon-aaaaah!"

 

"Mooooom! I'm still SLEEPING!"

 

"You lazy bum! Get up and give this letter to your unlce!"

 

"I won't! I won't! I won't!"

 

"Okay. No money for today then."

 

------

 

I can't believe that I was actually walking along here and sending this..ugh.. letter. What am I, a mailman?!  She could have just called uncle and ask him to come over to get this oh-so old stuff. Tss.. If it wasn't because of the money, I won't comply.

 

I pressed on the door bell as soon as I arrived at my uncle's place. It took a few minutes before uncle opened his door and it kind of boiled something inside me. I hate waiting.

 

"Oh Taeyeon-ah. What brought you here?" asked my uncle. 

I bowed down to greet him good morning. "I've got you a letter..from mom. Here." I handed him the envelop in which he took gladly. Then I bid good bye immediately as I still want to go back to my bed.

 

Sending a letter at this point in time?  Man, that's very old school. Wait.. was that really a letter? Tss.

 

I walked fast towards my street while drowning deep in to my thoughts. I was thinking about what story to write. I wanted it to be a different and unique one. Coz it seems like everyone's coming up with the same and common plot which I find a little boring.

 

In my twenty two year of existence, and a decade of reading books and watching dramas on tv, nothing has ever wowed me yet and I don't know why. Maybe I'm just not the type of person who easily give in to things.

I am fond of writing and music. I just couldn't write without music on. And just couldn't listen to music without thinking what to write. Well, that's how it is. Whenever I'm feeling sad or tired or upset, all I have to do is to put on music and everything's fine.

Tell you what, I sometimes can't sleep without it. Oh by the way, last night, there was this girl trying to eavesdrop to what I'm listening to. I even saw her head swayed a little. And you know what's funny there? I felt like I have been robbed. Okay, that's lame. But, how could she do that? I mean, that's no different from stealing, you know? 

 

Anyway, that's really not my point in bringing that story up. 

 

You know, I kind of felt she embarassed me. We were just few on the bus that night and she sat behind mine. Then halfway through the ride, my nose started to get itchy. Allergy attacked me again. I was trying to hold and fight back myself not to sneezed but to no avail. With that, I sneezed out loud, twice. She laughed a fit afterwards. That's so harsh right? She's so mean.

 

Foolish as you could imagine it to be, I made revenge. I bumped into her on purpose. And you know what, it gave me such bliss.

 

--------

 

 

Author's Note:  Silly TaengSic.