Chapter Twenty One

Forbidden Love

Jessica’s POV

 

She held my hand and squeezed it gently before she looked right into my eyes. “You are not alone. We’re both in this together.” She said firmly.

 

When I’m with her, I feel safe and away from any harm that this world brings. Although I still feel scared right now, which I think is normal as I know that our love’s still unacceptable, seeing her like this, eager to fight for everything, for me, makes my heart flutter. I have never seen anyone as tough as her and I wish I could be one soon.

 

“I trust you.” I said, giving her a hug.

 

We stayed like that for who knows how long. Although there was silence for a moment, it was such a calming silence. It made me relax and feel closer to her than any heart-to-heart would have.

 

“Shall we go on a date?” she asked, her lips twitching into a smile when I looked at her.

 

“When?!” I asked with my excited tone, and she chuckled. “Why are you laughing?” I pouted and frowned.

 

“Nothing babe. It’s just that you’re cute.” Did I just heard her call me ‘babe’? I gave her a puzzled look and she seemed to get it right away.

 

“Why? Don’t you want me to call you ‘babe’?”

 

“I don’t want to.” I said without thinking. She seemed hurt with what I said just now as her face dropped a little. And that made my heart drop as well. Stupid me! “But…since you’re the one calling me that, it’s okay.” I said right away. I honestly prefer to be called ‘baby’ rather than ‘babe’. I know it’s almost the same, but you can still spot the difference, alright?

 

“What do you want me to call you then?” she asked as she pulled me gently and we started to walk.

 

“I…uhm..” Thinking twice whether to tell her or not. “Just call me baby.” Feeling the shyness gushing through my blood, I looked away but still holding onto her hand. Then I heard her chuckled under her breath.

 

“Okay, baby. Let’s go on a date tomorrow.” She said sweetly as I continued to stare away. “Let me see my baby’s face.” She added. Before I turned my head to her, I pressed my lips together to stop the overwhelmed feeling inside my body. Then I looked at her, and we stopped from walking. I’m now looking at her brownish eyes, her flawless white face which has a blend of rosy-pink color on both cheeks, her medium-pointed nose, her perfect jaw line that I want to trail with my fingers now, and her pink-kissable lips that looks so soft. She’s really cute.

 

I began to wonder what she was thinking right now. What does she see in me, exactly? Does she find me pretty, or did she already spot my flaws as we are staring at each other closer and longer than before? Is she regretting everything now?

 

I closed my eyes for a split second then she held both of my hands. “You don’t know how happy I am right now, Jessica. Thank you for giving that happiness to me.”

 

It was sweet. Butterflies fluttered wildly in my stomach after I heard that.  Does she have to be always sweet with her words? Not that I don’t like it, because I like it so much, but just that it’s melting every part of me and I’m afraid that I’d vanish without her noticing that.

 

I plastered a smile on my face before she kissed me on my forehead.

 

 

 

 Taeyeon’s POV

 

I sent her home after that wonderful time we’ve spent in the park a while ago. I wish it didn’t end. I heard her say she loves me at last and I still can’t believe that she’s mine now. Everything seemed to happen pretty fast, but it wasn’t really an easy one. That’s why I’m very thankful. She was once just a dream and I promise to take care of her.

 

 I rolled over to my bed and reached for my phone.

 

Me: I’m home now, baby. :)

Jessica: Thank god you arrived home, safe! What are you doing now?

Me: I’m lying on my bed, talking to someone special who worries a lot.

Jessica: You know the reason why I worry, right?

Me: I don’t. Tell me why.

Jessica: You know it, alright?

Me: Tell me...

 

 

I dialed her phone number  and gave her a call when she stopped replying. I know she’s still up.

 

 

“Hello?” She said when I got through the line.

 

“Tell me.”

 

“Tell you what?”

 

“Why do you care?” I asked with my voice full of anticipation, not planning to end the call if she won't tell the reason why. Not that I don't know the reason, I just want to hear it right from her.

 

She paused for a few seconds and I waited patiently.

 

“It’s late. You get some rest now, okay? B-“

 

“Jessica…”

 

She sighed in defeat when she heard a little displeasure in my voice. “Alright. I care because…. I love you, Taeyeon.”

 

Her voice’s the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard in my entire life. It sounded like a melody, echoing through the inner part of my ear gland and sending it right through the thing that keeps me alive, my heart. 

 

“Really?” I said, delightfully.

 

“Yes, silly kid. I love you!”

 

“Hey, don’t call me that. I’m not a kid.”

 

“But you act like one.. bleh!”

 

I heard her chuckled over the phone and I couldn’t help but to wear a smile on my face. I could even imagine what she looked like as she stuck out her tongue to tease me. I wish I got to see it with my eyes, and that she’s here beside me right now. The essence of sleeping just kills me. I want to see her now. I badly want to.

 

“Hey, are you still there?” she asked.

 

“Yeah….” I paused for a moment and breathed in. “I love you…” I said earnestly.

 

I only heard silence from her after that. But even if she didn’t say I love you back, I know what’s in her heart.

 

“Are you sleepy now?” I asked softly.

 

“Not yet.”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Taeyeon..”

 

“Yes?”

 

She paused for a moment. “Can we…keep this as a secret…for now?” I didn’t respond. I let her continue with what she was saying. “Not that I don’t want to let them know that we’re together now, but it’s just that I’m not ready yet. Please, don’t misunderstand…”

 

 There was a little silence, of course. But I managed to understand. “Anything for you, Jessica.” I said firmly.

 

If I were to decide, I wanted to let everyone know about us, and let the world know that I love her and she’s mine as soon as now but it’s always not only up to me to decide. She’s my boss, and I’m her slave. I’ll do everything that she says and she wants.

 

 

“Thank you…”

 

 After what seems like eternity, Jessica bid good night already. Even though I still want to talk to her, I let her take a rest and regain energy for our first date tomorrow. 

 

----

 

I woke up earlier than the time I've set my alarm to as I don't want to be late for my first date with my girl. I happily took a shower, and washed myself like never before. I just wanted to look and smell nice to Jessica.

 

After a good 30 minutes or so of bathing, I walked over to my closet and changed my outfit a few times before finally picking out a white long sleeve lightweight cotton Madewell blouse. The hem is lightly flared, and a fold-over collar frames the neckline  and a pair of an acid wash with shredded holes high-waisted shorts with a black belt. I put on a natural brown beaded wrap bracelet. To complete the outfit, I picked out a black loafers for my feet. I bunned my hair up, put on light make up, and sprayed myself with my favorite perfume. Then I'm done.

 

I sent her a message telling her I'm already heading to the bus stop and wait for her before I left my apartment. I arrived just in time. I tapped on my phone screen to see the time. 9:27am. Great. Three minutes of waiting is not going to be long. 

 

9:40am. Almost ten minutes has already passed but Jessica hasn't arrived yet. I stood up from my seat and looked at the street she should be walking on by now but I didn't spot any of her. I sat back to my seat and patiently waited again. Maybe she's on her way now.

 

I sent her a text message after another five minutes when I still couldn't reach her from my vision. Did she forget about our first date? I hope not. But why isn't she here yet? She's just a couple of streets away from here, and I wonder what's keeping her late. Few more minutes has passed without her from my sight and I started to get worried. I gave her a call right away.

 

"I'm sorry so Taengoo!" a soft angelic voice exclaimed as soon as I got through the line.

 

"Where are you now? Are you not coming?"

 

"I'm coming... I'm so sorry! I didn't notice the time as I was too busy grooming myself. Anyhow, I'm almost there!" she explained, catching her breath.

 

"Wait, are you running???"

"Yeah.."

"Please stop running baby! You might miss a step! I don't want you to get hurt..." I said with such concern in my voice and I stood up immediately. Then she complied.

 

After a few seconds, "Look ahead...." she said.

 

I saw her a few feet away from me, standing as she showed me the smile I've fallen for. She started to walk towards me, and I did the same. As she walks her feet towards me, I felt my heart beating so fast. I couldn't take my eyes off of the gorgeous lady I'm looking at right now. Why does she have to be this beautiful? If her beauty could kill, I might have been dead by now.

 

She was wearing a sleeveless smock dress in denim that fits her well, along with a pair of brown leather ballet flats made in ultra soft lambskin with a jeweled bow at the toe, and her hair was in side messy braid. She's beautiful.

 

"Y-You look....wonderful." I said, gawking at her beauty when she reached me.

 

She smiled at me and said, "You are too."

 

Before I even lose my breath from being drowned by her enchanting beauty, I grabbed her free hand gently and sweetly, then we started to walk to start our day. We took our breakfast first in the nearby restaurant so that we would have enough energy later on. After we eat, we took the subway to get to the Seokchon Lake Park, our first stop.

 

Once we got there, we strolled around the lake under the Cherry blossoms. The Cherry blossoms are in full bloom making the lakeside light powder pink in color. I looked at the girl who's walking right beside me and she was blooming along with these trees. I tightened my grip onto her hand and she looked at me straight in the eyes. 

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

This pair of brown gleaming eyes that I'm looking at right now, and her soft warm hand that grips mine just made my heart race wildly. When I'm with her, I feel such endless happiness. In her eyes, I see hope. I see tomorrow. And when she's holding my hand, everything around us just turns bright and beautiful. I just want her to be by my side, always.

 

 

"Is there something on my face?" I flinched when she asked. 

 

"Nothing..." I said right away, took off my hand from her grip, and fastly walked ahead of her. I heard her feet shuffling towards me so I ran the fast way I can but I guess that wasn't enough for the great Kim Taeyeon. 

 

I halted when she chased me and then she talked, "You want to run, huh? Then, let's run together." Before I even said a word, she grabbed my hand and pulled me ahead. I was running with her in the middle of the busy people, not minding if they were throwing us weird stares as we continued to run. It's crazy, running with all our might in this kind of outfit but it's sure a fun. 

 

Once we reached that portion where there was no other people except us, we stopped. We panted heavily together. "That was fun!" she exclaimed. I just gave her a smile, then I wiped away the sweat that has formed on her forehead with my hanky. "Silly!" I said, twitching my lips.

 

 

 

After a moment, we went to the Magic Island, the outdoor theme park of Lotte World. It is an artificial island located in the middle of Seokchon Lake. The medieval European style of the park was indeed amazing. It's like the Korean version of Disneyland. It was actually my first time there, and it's a relief to have Taeyeon with me to enjoy everything.

 

As we continued to walk around the place, my mouth went agape at the high-altitude free-fall thrill ride, the Gyro Drop. Taeyeon noticed that. "Let's try this ride, shall we?" she asked brightly.

 

I have never tried this kind of ride in my whole life and promised to never try it as I was too afraid that it might be the cause of my death. I shook my head, a 'no' for an answer. 

 

"Why? I swear, it's fun!"

"Taengoo, look at how high that thing is... I don't want to die.." I explained, gesturing my hand at the ride.

 

She chuckled out loud as she looked at me in disbelief.

 

"Yah!" I pushed her shoulder lightly and gave her a cold stare. And then she recomposed herself again. I can't believe she could actually take it as if I was just joking around, but I was serious when I said that. I'm really scared to die and fall from up there, turned my body into pieces with my blood all over the ground, and my brain.... oh god! I don't want to picture it out! It's sure a messy death. If I'm going to die, atleast make it a peaceful one. 

 

“I’m sorry, baby.” She apologized. I hissed in fake displeasure. “If you die there, sure I’m going to die as well. You’re not alone. I’m with you, love.”

 

What was she saying? I don’t want us to die yet. Not now, okay? I still want to spend more time with her, alive. Besides, I’m not really sure if heaven do exist or not. Plus, what if after death we don’t remember a thing about our life here on Earth? What if I don’t remember a thing about her? That’s extremely….sad. Why am I even thinking about this? Roll eyes.

 

“We’re gonna be safe.” She said, giving me a look of assurance. I looked at her, uncertain. Then she held out a hand, “Come on.”

 

I trust her more than myself so I took her hand and managed to draw a forceful-tough smile although my heart was screaming in fear. She squeezed my hand gently and gave me the smile I always love to see, telling me it’s gonna be alright. And that’s it. The operator secured the thing that would support us all throughout the ride, and I just wish that this one’s enough. Taeyeon didn’t let go of my hand and so I felt more secured. Okay, I’m ready. Let’s do it!

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

The ride was fun, I swear! I’d love to try it again next time.

 

 

------

 

A/N: First date TBC. First kiss? Let's see...  Sorry for the very late update. School just got started. :(