Chapter Four

Forbidden Love

 

 

"Oh my holy gracious gosh! You look....." 

 

"Amazing?" I asked and raised my eyebrow up. Sunny dropped her jaw as soon as she saw me. Well, I don't feel beautiful at all. Just bunned my hair up and let out a few strands of hair on both sides. I wore my favorite baby blue shorts and paired it with white sleeveless high low pleated back top. And my favorite plain black doll shoes for my gorgeous feet. That's all. It's just simple, I guess. 

 

"Hell yes! You should start wearing such kind of clothes from now on. You look tall in that. Unlike when you're wearing your hoodie on." she mumbled the last words but I caught it.

 

"Ugh! Okay Sunny-ah.. I'm small, but you're smaller. Period."

 

------

 

Our orders came in. I took a slice of the pizza and stuffed a small piece in my mouth. Sunny shared her encounter with a guy a night ago. She was trying to suppress her squeal while telling me the details. I just forced a smile and nodded when she was asking a few things which required only a 'yes' or a 'no' for an answer. I wasn't paying much attention to her as I was not interested at all. Yes, I know it's mean and unkind, but listening to rants and stuffs isn't just my thing. Especially when it's about love. I'd rather sleep.

 

"-and you know what he did? He bought me some flowers. Ayyyk!" continued Sunny. 

 

Just when I was about to make her stop and change the topic, a thought came in to my mind suddenly. Maybe I could ask Sunny about the 'Love' thingy.

 

"Sunny-ah, how does it feel... to be in love?" I said as I squeeze the back of my hand. 

 

Sunny squinted her eyes on me. "Gosh, are you in love!?" She exclaimed as if some miracle happened.

 

"I was just asking. Like an inspiration for my writings, you know?" I rolled my eyes.

 

"Okay.. Pay attention as I tell you so." I nodded.

 

"Love is.. when you want to see the same person over and over again. And your heart beats wildly at the thought of that person. You can't breathe well. You can't think well."

"Love is happiness. You always find yourself smiling when you sees that person. Your heart feels like pounding in great joy. Love makes you strong. Coz' you feel like you can do anything and everything for that person." I nodded.

"But sometimes....love can be painful." 

 

I frowned in puzzlement. "Why?" 

 

"Well, because there's no such thing as perfect happiness. And there's no perfect relationship."

 

I nodded. "Then, how painful that is?"

 

Sunny sat up straight and looked directly into my eyes with her serious look. "You will never know unless you experienced it yourself. Sometimes, love cannot be described, it should be felt."

 

I tried to register everything that she said in my head. That's pretty much for me to take in. So, to be able to know what love really is, I need to fall in love first? That's sick, but reasonable though.

 

'Love is a choice' I remembered what I saw on the web. Does love can be pushed as well? I guess it's can't, right? Love is not negotiable. Love is not a business or something. You cannot buy love.

 

After a while, we left the restaurant. Sunny bid goodbye first and went home. I, on the other hand, strolled along the Han river park and stayed there for a moment as I didn't want to go home yet. Home kind of bores me. It was night then. The breeze was cold and I was shivering a little. Thank god my body can tolerate such kind of temperature. I sat on the bench and breathed in fresh air. I took a glance at the beautiful scenery of Seoul in front of me. 

 

Love is painful? How painful? I questioned myself again as I was curious about it. 

 

If love is painful, then it's scary. Is love blind? If it is, then no one will ever escape pain. Everyone who loves and being loved will get hurt. Love is happiness.. I could still be happy when I get hurt. Or I will be happy first and will get hurt in the end?

 

This is driving me nuts...

 

--------