Chapter Fourteen

Forbidden Love

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Shall we go out side now?" 

 

Jessica showed me a smile, a different smile from the ones she usually throws. It was perfect. She was really beautiful. I didn't notice that I was staring at her like a fool as I was too absorbed by the thoughts running over my head.

 

She arched an eyebrow and tilted her head.  "Are you really okay?" 

 

I blinked my eyes a few times before I replied. "Yes. Don't worry, I'm fine." 

 

"Okay. Maybe you just need this. Here." She handed me a banana milk and I gladly took it. "Thanks Jessica." I smiled. 

 

I looked at her as I contemplated something to ask, then she noticed my gaze. "Do you have something to say?" She tilted her head and blinked her eyes twice. My mouth went agape and I felt my blood gushed up to my face when I saw a different facial expression from her. She was so adorable. 

 

"Oh.. uhm.. J-Jessica.." I stammered. "I hope you won't mind, but, w-why do you talk less? I-I mean, I felt like you're avoiding me or something." I added as I gave her an awkward smile.

 

"So.. I started to wonder the past few days if y-you don't like seeing me a-around. You know?" I puffed and wandered my eyes around the tent as soon as I finished asking. She tried to hold her laughter for seconds but ended up bursting them out. My cheeks flushed up and so I tried to hide it from her. 

 

"I'm sorry.." she said and controlled herself from laughing.

 

I looked at her as I sipped in my banana milk. "Do you really think I hate you, Taeyeon? You asked about it twice now." She crawled towards the cooler jag, took out something and sat. "Here. You'll get stomach ache if you keep sipping that empty carton."

 

I didn't notice that it was already empty as I was feeling so tensed. I quickly put down the carton of banana milk and rubbed the back of my neck. Then I shyly took the one she was handing me. And she smiled.

 

"Come on. They must be wondering where we are now." 

 

I stood up quickly and went out of the tent. After a few seconds, everything that happened inside the tent flashed over my head and I began to grin widely. Her soft and warm hands which held my face. Her eyes, that beautiful eyes that almost took out my soul. Her voice that was full of concern, sounded like a melody. It was wonderful. It was magic.

 

-------

 

The gang had already set up the campfire and they started to eat as well when we came out. "What took you guys so long? Look, we're almost done." Sunny said sarcastically.

 

"Oh sorry. I fell as sleep a while ago and I accidentally bumped onto Taeyeon's forehead when she woke me up." Jessica was glancing at me when she explained what happened earlier. Then everyone seemed to understand and so we seated. We formed a C shape around the fire. Jessica was seating next to Tiffany at the end, while I sat on the middle. 

 

The night was beautiful and calm. It was cold as well, but the fire kept our bodies warm. We started to talk about certain things which we used to talk about. We shared about our experiences - and their unending love stories.

 

After some time, "Jessica.. do you have a boyfriend?" asked Yoona all of a sudden. I looked at Jessica and she seemed like a little surprised by the question. I swallowed the lump in my throat while squeezing my hand as I was nervously waiting for her reply. I looked down while praying to all the gods that she would say 'No, I don't have.' 

 

"Uhmm.." I slowly looked up and put my gaze on Jessica when she started to reply. I blinked my eyes and wandered them away when she looked at me. "No, I don't have. I'm single."

 

My heart fluttered happily after I heard what she said. I felt like I won in a race or something. I heaved a sigh in relief and tried to hide the delight in my heart.

 

"You don't have a boyfriend??!" exclaimed Sunny.  Jessica chuckled as she covered and just nodded. 

 

"I'd like to apologize on behalf of this midget here for her inappropriate reaction, Jessica. She was just a little surprised to know that a beautiful lady like you doesn't have a boyfriend." I heard myself say.

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

She called me beautiful? Omygad!

 

I tried to hide my overwhelmed emotion by putting my lips into a purse. "Oh.. it's.. okay." I said while squeezing the back of my hand. I quickly looked away and stared my gaze on the campfire.

 

"But you like someone?" I was taken aback and stayed silent for a moment when Sooyoung questioned me. I tried so hard to utter words but to no avail as if there was some strange force pulling my voice down. 

 

"So you do?" asked Sooyoung again. 'Hmm' was all I've said.

 

"Omygod! You like someone Jessi? Without even telling me who?! Gad! Are you my bestfriend?!" Tiffany shook my shoulders as she uttered in a bombastic declamatory fashion. 

 

"I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but-"

 

"But what? Who is the guy?" asked Tiffany as she arched an eyebrow. My heart started to beat fast and my hands were shaking a little. Tiffany shouldn't know. Everyone shouldn't know.

 

"I-I'll tell you w-when we get home. Alright?"

 

I sighed in relief when Tiffany nodded her head.  I quickly sat up straight and rubbed the side of my arms. I could see Taeyeon staring at me from the corner of my eye. I brushed my hair and tucked in some over my ear while I was looking down. 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

 I felt like something has died in me when she said that she likes someone. I can’t explain, but it hurt me, so much. So much, that I wanted to run and cry out this pain inside me. All my hopes had crushed into small-tiny pieces and vanished along with the breeze. I looked at her, and that made me feel even sadder.

 

"Hey Taeyeon, you brought your guitar right?" asked Yoona and I nodded.

 

"Great! Let's get this party started then!" exclaimed Sooyoung blissfully.

 

I walked into our tent and grabbed my guitar. I didn't know why after what I've heard I still had the energy to walk, you know? Glad I brought this with me. It would somewhat make me feel better.

 

I sat down and placed my hands on the guitar properly. "What song do you want me to sing?" I asked as I strummed the strings.

 

"No.. you will just play the guitar. Jessica will sing." said Sooyoung. My heart skipped a beat and I laid my eyes on Jessica who seemed to be surprised as well.

 

"W-What?" asked Jessica.

 

"Tiffany said you have an amazing voice."

 

"Yeah. That's right!" Tiffany exclaimed like a proud mom.

 

"What song are you going to sing for us then?" asked Sunny while clapping her hands in perfect happiness. I stayed quiet and observed Jessica as she thought for a song. Then she capped her face with her hands and spoke, "I can't decide..." and pouted.

 

My heart fluttered and I felt my cheeks heated up when I saw her cute reaction. "You know the song 'Fallin' For You by Colbie Caillat?" I asked as I looked at her.  "Oh.. yeah, I know it.." she said as she nodded her head.

 

"Okay. Let's start." Just when I was about to strum the strings already, Tiffany spoke. "Wait.. I think you should sit next to Taeyeon, Jessica."

 
 
I kind of felt something is weird on Tiffany. First, she asked me to sit beside Jessica in the van as we headed here, then she asked me to wake up Jessica a while ago, and now she wanted Jessica to sit beside me? By any chance, does she know something?
 
 
 
I looked at Tiffany in puzzlement. 'What?' she said inaudibly as she raised her eyebrows. Then, I noticed Jessica stood up. She walked over to where I was seated. I looked up and saw her smiling at me. I felt my cheeks flushed up then I move aside to give her a space. "Thanks." she said and sat down. My heart started to beat fast and  I was rather feeling tensed. I pushed out a sigh and stretched out my fingers to ease the tense.
 
 
 
 
"Ahem! Ladies and ladies, let's give Taeyeon and Jessica a round of applause!" exclaimed Hyoyeon then everyone clapped their hands while squealing happily. I turned my head to my right and looked at Jessica. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. "Are you ready?" I asked. She bit her lower lip and shook her head. 
 
 
 
I furrowed my eyes like telling her why. Then I tapped on her shoulder twice and smiled as it was the least I know to ease the tense she was feeling. "Let's start."
 
 
 
 
Click the link and play it as you read.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9xFE-xqpTA
 
 
 
"I don't know but I think I maybe fallin' for you dropping so quickly maybe I should keep this to myself waiting 'til I know you better

I am trying not to tell you but I want to I'm scared of what you'll say so I'm hiding what I'm feeling but I'm tired of holding this inside my head


I've been spending all my time just thinking about you I don't know what to do I think I'm fallin' for you.."

 
 
 
My heart was galloping like a crazy wild horse and butterflies were fluttering swiftly in my stomach while she was singing. Her voice was amazing. I locked my gaze on her as I continued to strum. She looks so wonderful.
 
 
 
I think.. I'm falling for her...even more.
 
 
 
------
 
 
 
PS: The lyrics of the song is what their heart says. lovely!
 
 
TaengSic is MAGIC.