Chapter Twenty Five

Forbidden Love

Taeyeon’s POV

I haven’t slept well the whole night as I worried so much about Jessica. I tried to ask her what has happened but I failed to get an answer. She cried all night until she had slept in my embrace. She was crying even in her sleep and that just made my heart break so much. I watched her overnight, as I was scared that she might just break down again and cry. I consider that as the worst nightmare in my life. And to see her in such condition without even knowing the reason of her tears pained me, a lot.

After preparing breakfast, I stepped into my room to check on my girl who’s still in her sleep. I sat on the edge of the bed and stare at her for minutes. My heart constricted in my chest as I looked at her. She looked so tired and she looked so fragile, like if I touch her she’ll break into pieces. Though afraid for that to happen, I still went against it and brushed her brunette hair with my fingers as careful as I could ever do and tucked some strands behind her ears then she made light movements and slowly opened her eyes.

“Baby…” I stopped from brushing her hair and gently grabbed her hand. “Good morning..” I said with such tender in my voice as I flashed her a smile in which she then reciprocated with a light one. “How are you?”

She smiled again, but you could see a bit of sadness in her eyes. “I-I’m….okay.” She said in a cracked voice, more like a mumble.

Slowly, she lifted her body up and sat on beside me. I moved closer to her and engulfed her in my embrace, tenderly as how she needed it. With that, we stayed silent for a moment. Then I broke the ice after a while.

Although a bit hesitant, I asked her about last night after mustering up my courage. “Baby, what made you cry last night? Is something the matter? You know you can tell me things, right? You know we can solve problems together. So please tell me what’s wrong..” I said softly.

She showed me her eyes, which were threatening to release tears in any time. “Victoria…. She found out about us…. And she’s not happy about it….”

I continued to listen as tears started to trickle down her face. “..she wants me to end this…to break up with you…” She sniffed.

“Long before she found out, she was already suspecting…She threatened me she’ll tell my parents if she ever found out it’s true, and she just did… I’m scared, Taeyeon… I am freakin’ scared…My parents…if they find this out…I’m so dead…T-They….I…I can’t lose you, Taeyeon…”

Quick as the lightning, I s my arms around her and tried to calm her down as her sob began to echo in the room. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t think of words to calm the crying princess. My heart froze in both fear and pain. I don’t have the heart to see her this way, and I don’t think I could be able to stand the pain lingering in my whole body. But I have to be brave. I know I need to for Jessica.

“Shh..” I cooed. “Please stop crying. You’ll never lose me. Everything will be fine. I’ll do something. I’ll make them understand. Even if it’s hard. Even if it sounds absurd and desperate, I’ll do everything to make everyone accept us and I’ll never stop. This is not a promise, because I’ll do this for you, Jessica. So please…be strong enough as I try to do so, okay?”

Sure, that sounded so stupid and that’s just not so me as I am not a pleaser type, but I’ll do everything for Jessica as they say love can move a mountain and love can make you a person you are not, right? But I honestly don’t know how and when to start.

“Taengoo…” Light sobs could still be heard from her but she was able to recompose herself a bit.

I pulled back from the embrace and tried to search for her gaze as she was looking down. I held her chin up to meet her eyes and again, it pained me to see her tear-stained face.

“I will never leave you even if they try to break us apart. I will never ever let go of your hand.” I said earnestly as I gave emphasis on the bold words while giving a tender press on my girl’s hands. “Do you trust that?”

“I do..” She answered. Before long, she leaned on my shoulder and nuzzled my neck. “I’m sorry..” She said, calm unlike before.

“Why are you saying sorry?”

“Because I’m too weak…and too sensitive with everything…I give you worries. I’m really sorry, Taeyeon.”

I sighed silently and peck a kiss on her crown. “Don’t say sorry. I don’t care if you’re weak. Even if you give me worries for many times more, I don’t care. As long as it’s you who I’m worrying for. I’m here for you. Let me be the reason of your strength.”

With that, she made light nods while still leaning on my shoulder. She tightened her grip around me for another few minutes before we finally strolled out of the room to eat breakfast.

------

“Where are you taking me to, Taengoo?”

I looked over to my right to see my girlfriend’s questioning face. I smiled. “You’ll see.”

It’s been a week now since Jessica’s break down happened. As to what I’ve noticed, she’s has come to a fiercer lady now and it’s a great news. I’m glad to see happiness in her again and I just wish that I’d never witness her at her worst condition ever again because if it already breaks my heart by only thinking about those that had happened a week ago, how much more if I get to see it with my own eyes again? I can’t endure that pain. Not anymore.

That’s why I’m doing everything to make her feel happy. To give her the strength she needs. I love her and I love her so much.

“Welcome to my family’s house, baby.” I said with such happiness in my voice as I motioned my hands towards the house I grew up in. I looked at my girl’s face to see her in wonderment.

“Why did you take me to your house?”

“To introduce you to my family, your family.” I threw her a smile then I grabbed her free hand and pulled her gently inside.

--

“Taengoo!” Mom greeted me with a kiss as soon as we entered the house.

My dad, who was reading a newspaper that time, withdrew himself from reading and greeted us in which Jessica reciprocated with a bow. “Taeyeon-ah, is this her?” My dad asked.

“Darling, would you let them take their seats first?” Mom told dad. I looked over to my right to see the silent Jessica. I bet she’s feeling nervous.

We sat on the sofa across my parents’. Mom went up to the kitchen to get some food for us.

“Yes dad.. She is Jessica…” I glanced over to my girl who’s wearing a smile as she looked at my dad. “…my girlfriend.”

Slowly, Jessica turned her head to me with her eyes widened in surprise. I chuckled under my breath at the cute reaction in front of me. I have confessed everything about us to my parents the day after her break down. At first, I was hesitant and a little scared of what might be their reaction, but because they are my parents and I know them, I was confident enough that they would understand and my intuitions didn’t fail me.

I told them how much I love Jessica and how happy I am when I’m with her and that I’m willing to take risks just to fight for my love and I was glad that they accepted it. Actually, they were the one who insisted this visit. They want to see Jessica. They want to know why I fell for her.

“Jessica, meet my dad.” I smiled. “And my mom.” I added when my mom arrived back with a tray of food and drinks.

“Now I understand why you fell in love with her. She’s really pretty, honey.” Mom said and placed down the tray on the table.

Dad added. “Yeah, she is indeed. Sorry Taeyeon-ah but looks like she has taken your spot in my list.”

Mom crossed her arms under her and squinted her eyes on my dad like a jealous hawk. “And how about me for that matter??”

“Of course you’re still in spot number one. You’re the most beautiful girl for me, darling. You’re irreplaceable.” Dad slipped his arms around my mom’s waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

With that, I quickly uttered. “Mom…dad, Jessica’s here.” Realizing what they have just done, they repelled away. I’m kind of sensitive for that matter in front of other people. Not that Jessica’s ‘other’ person, but I just don’t want to see my parents being lovey-dovey in front of her cause’ it gives me goose bumps and I’m the one who’s receiving the shameful feel.

 

Jessica’s POV

I was taken aback when Taeyeon introduced me to her parents not as a friend but her girlfriend. Surely, it burned my heart and made my breathing so hard. But then, looks like Taeyeon has already planned and settled everything beforehand.

Her parents’ knew about us already even before I arrived. I wanted to know how and when but what’s the point?

Her parents were so sweet that they could still joke around with each other. They looked so happy and I wish Taeyeon and I would be when we get older.

They asked questions about me and I told them some, like that I grew up in America. I even thought Taeyeon’s mom how to bake cookies and she loved it. Her mom’s cool and I enjoyed spending even a little time with her – time that I haven’t even gotten from my own mother.

Taeyeon’s parents sat on the sofa across us, hand in hand as they looked at me happily. “We’re glad to finally meet you Jessica. To be honest, we have been shocked when Taeyeon confessed us about her gender preference and about you, being her girlfriend. It was completely shocking and hard to accept at first because she’s our only child and we wanted her to be with a man and have her own family but come to think of it, all we want to give her is happiness. And we’ve realized that by forcing her to be with a man won’t make her happy. You are the biggest reason of her smile right now, and we don’t have the heart to take the away from her. She loves you very much, I can see that and you seem to love her as much as she loves you as well so we are satisfied. More than satisfied.”

Tears started to fill up my eyes. I’m glad to hear those words from Taeyeon’s parents. I’m really glad. I can’t even think of words to response to and that I’m afraid that I’d cry and they’d see how weak I am. Nonetheless they knew I’m glad about those words. But it saddened me as well as I know my parents won’t do the same. And that just breaks my heart.

Of all the people in the world, the ones who are supposed to accept me and who would give their utmost understanding are the ones who might turn their backs at me first. I don’t know if I’m just thinking negatively, but I know in my heart, they are way different from Taeyeon’s parents.

My cousin didn’t accept, much more my parents.

 

-------

 

Author's Note: I seriously shed a tear as I was writing this chapter up.

I pity Jessica so much. Nevertheless, Taeyeon's parents are pro TaengSic too! Let us celebrate!!

*throws confetti*

 

Tell me what you think. Comments are very much appreciated. Ciao!