Chapter Twenty Two

Forbidden Love

Taeyeon's POV

 

"How was the ride?" I asked the girl beside me whose lips were curving into a smile while jumping up a little in bliss. 

 

"That was so much fun Taeyeon! I'd love to try it again, like now!!" Before I even open my lips to respond, she grabbed my hand and pulled me ahead hastily. And that's it, we tried it over again.

 

Once we were done with the ride, we continued to stroll around the place. I looked over to my left to see happiness all over her face, making her look more adorable. I love her like that.

 

I tried the best I can not to hold her hand as we continued to walk even though I really wanted to, just to avoid getting weird stares from people around us. I can’t stand seeing her receiving such kind of stares. And she seemed to understand it, anyway. Or I just thought.

 

As we were halfway through our walk, her gaze bumped onto the band show happening just a few meters away from where we were standing at.

 

"Look!" She gestured her hand towards the show and I followed it through my gaze. "Can we watch it for a while?" She asked cutely, and again, I love her like that. Actually, I love her in any way.

 

I nodded with a wide smile plastered on my face and just like how fast the wind blew against my face, she held my hand in such a way that made the thing inside my stomach fluttered by the sudden contact.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I couldn’t stand it any longer and ended up making an excuse so I could hold her hand. I’m not really fond of band and loud music but that’s the least way I knew as she didn’t seemed to have any plan to hold mine. I guess she’s just thinking about my sake, and that’s absolutely sweet but doesn’t she know that it’s sweeter if she’ll hold me? I love holding her hand and her hand fits perfectly in mine. What does that actually imply? We’re perfect match, believe it or not. Grin.

 

I look at her questionably when she seemed to be wondering a bit. “What?” I asked, tilting my head slightly.

“There are people around.”

“So what if there are people around? This is a park Taeyeon.”

She leaned forward and whispered in my ear. The warmth of her breath made my body stiff a little. I felt heat gush through my veins. “They might suspect about us.”

“I don’t care.” I said stubbornly before I pulled back to look at her face. “Wait, you’re not ashamed of me, are you?” I asked, squinting my eyes to her as I crossed my arms under my .

 

“Of course not!” she retorted in a cute manner while waving her hands in front of me.

 

That adorable reaction she made just now made my heart melt in joy. I’d like to pinch her nose until it becomes red, like seriously. I think, she’s the cutest person ever and I love her even more that way.

 

“Good. Shall we go to the show now?” She nodded meekly when I asked and I couldn’t help but to chuckle under my breath at her cuteness. I walked ahead of her and she strode her feet to catch me.

 

---

 

"I didn't know you love loud music." I heard her say but I pretended not to hear it well which I think was pretty reasonable as the music's really loud.

"What?"

"You love loud music?"

"What??" I asked again, holding back my laughter.

"I SAID I LOVE YOU!" She looked at me and I felt stiff for a moment. "Now you heard it." She smirked, and I felt color swamp on my face. I poke her in the shoulder after that.

 

We didn't stay at the show that long as the place become helly packed. I hate such number of crowds. Plus, I hate noise.

 

We decided to eat something up at the food kiosks around the place, to add up energy. Once we were done to eat, we continued to explore the place. There were bunch of rides in the park, but we didn't get time enough to get to everything. We just tried the Gyro Swing, a thrilling sensation of being inside a tornado. The Flume ride, a long boat with a high-altitude wave and the Spanish pirate ship which swings at an electrifying 75 degrees. It was really fun, and Taeyeon made me fall in love with it.

 

-----

 

It's nearly 7 pm now and to end the night, we headed to the Namsam Seoul Tower.

 

"Aren't you tired yet?" Taeyeon asked as we slowly walked our feet towards the cable car.

I intertwined my fingers to hers and looked in her eyes as I threw her my smile. "Not really. We still have a few hours to enjoy. You?"

"Not at all!"

"Really?"

"Yes."

I looked at her again and squinted my eyes in doubt. "Liar!"

"At least, ask me why."

I stopped in my track and withdrew my hand from hers before I cross them on my abdomen. "Why?"

She moved a little closer to me and plastered a smile. "Because I'm with you. I know I'll never get tired."

 

Of course, that made butterflies inside my stomach fluttered briskly in bliss but I tried to stay calm as possible as I can but there's no way I can able to hide the overwhelmed emotion I have inside. I'm so pleased.

 

"Come on, the cable car will leave in any sec!" She extended an arm, waiting for me to hold onto her hand. I took it gladly.

 

The cable car was packed and we were actually surrounded by lovey-dovey couples.  But that didn't bother me as I also have my other half with me. We needed to suppress ourselves from making any intimate contact though and that was a bit sad. The view going up was amazing. The city lights were beautiful, and the fact that I was with Taeyeon to enjoy it made it more extra special.

 

Once the cable car got up to the top of the hill where the tower stands, we simply alighted from the cable. Everything was pretty small from up there. And it was a bit cold too. Why did I even forget to bring a cardigan with me? 

 

"I knew this would happen." Taeyeon said as she put the cardigan she took out from her bag over my shoulders. "Wear it."

 

I'm speechless.

 

"Thanks." 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

We went up to the famous 'locker-tree' where couples go to link up their locks and secure it with a key. As to what I've planned beforehand, I brought pad locks with me. 

 

"This is you, and this is me." I said, showing Jessica the locks. I wrote our names on it before I finally locked it up together in the tree. "This is us."

"Taengoo, that's so childish!"

"I think it's sweet." I looked over to my left to see my girl pouting. I can't believe she has doubts in this famous couple tree. Well, I also has a doubt but there's no harm in trying, right?

 

I threw the key out of the wild below us. Just then, Jessica shouted 'no' before she looked at me in puzzlement. "Why did you do that? Why did you throw the precious key?!"

"If I found that key again, I'm getting off with you."

She frowned in puzzlement. "What?! That's crazy."

"I know. That's why I trust it." 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

"I know. That's why I trust it."

 

When I heard her say those words, I wanted to cling onto her and give her a long-tight hug. It's her other way of telling me that she will never leave me. And again, I am so pleased. I don't know what to do with all this bliss I'm feeling right now. She makes me fall for her more every second, and I'm afraid that I'll get myself drown and die soon.

 

She looked at me in the eyes and gently took my hand. Her eyes were gleaming together with the city lights below us. "I'll always be by your side, I promise."

I raised a brow. "You know I hate promises." Her face turned puzzled. "..because promises are meant to be broken. But you have my trust, Taeyeon. You'd never break that, would you?"

"When I found the key."

 

I let out a chuckle after that, then she wrapped her arms around me and gently pulled me in her embrace.

"I love you. Only you, Jessica." 

------

 

 

Author's Note: End of the date. It's a short update for now. 

 

Why am I squealing? LOL. TaengSic is daebak! Right? Right? Right?! keke~ ♥