Chapter Twenty Eight

Forbidden Love

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Is this worth fighting for? Everyone is against us.”

 

 

Honestly, hearing her say those words hurt me. It’s like she wanted to give up. It’s like she wanted to let go. Every day, everything turns to be more complicated. Everything’s getting tougher. And every day, I have to be brave for her, for us. I need to be brave enough or else I’m gonna lose her. I don’t want to lose her.

 

This is hard, but I don’t care. I knew from the start that this would happen, and it is happening now. There’s no room for me to be scared. There’s no way to back out. I love Jessica, and I want her to stay.

 

------

 

I cuddled the girl before me who’s seemed to be drowning deep in her thoughts as I brushed her silky long brown hair with my fingers. She hasn’t spoken a word yet, except for a smile, since I visited her this afternoon and it’s already dark.

 

“Everything will be alright, baby.” I said as I tightened my grip around her.

 

She looked up to meet my eyes and pulled a smile. Still, no words.

 

“Aren’t you going to say a word? I’m already drowned in your smiles.” I put my mouth near her ears and whispered, “I miss your voice. Speak up now, beautiful.”

 

She chuckled after that and pinched my nose and it hurts. “Sing me a song, Taengoo.”

 

“What do you want me to sing?”

 

She sat up straight, withdrawing from my grip and started to think. “Hmm, anything?”

 

“Anything?” She nodded. “Okay, listen…..Twinker twinker litter stal how—“

 

“Yah! Eissh!” She cut me midway, and with that, I received a slam on my leg.

 

I chuckled out and tried to grab my girl’s hand but she was repelling away. I tried it again but stopped doing so when she shot me her deathly stare. Did I just do something wrong again?

 

I smiled, walked over near my cabinet to grab my guitar. Then I sat across her, meeting her beautiful eyes. I stared at her for several minutes and she did the same. She's so beautiful and if I could stare at her for the rest of my life, I would never hesitate to do so. Sometimes, I'm giving myself a good slap secretly just to make sure I'm still alive because she pretty much look like an angel. I'm always out of breath.

 

I began to strum. "Listen..."

 

Click the song “Nothing Better - Brown Eyed Soul”

 

It always appear before me

your face, I remember

my heart that stopped short

you spitefully took my disfunctional heart

and with your bright smile

that's how you easily opened my heart

 

I'm so sorry Taeyeon for I am so weak and I easily get scared. I'm sorry if I cannot be as brave as you. I'm sorry if I cannot be that girlfriend who would go in a fight to protect you and be that tough girlfriend you'd be proud of. I'm sorry...I'm not like that. 

 

It's true, that is how I became your man

all my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall

because the hand that holds me tight

is as warm as the spring

 

Am I making everything even harder for us? Are you tired of having to comfort me every time I cry and get scared? 

 

And now, like a dream

my heart has gradually stopped by your side

without awakening for a single moment,

I dream an endless dream

 

Are you....regretting everything now? 

 

And now, like breathing

if you were to always rest by my side

if you were to always remain this way

nothing better

nothing better than you

 

I'm sorry. I'm trying to be brave, I swear....but it's hard. I'm really scared Taeyeon. I'm really scared...because I know, they will never understand us. 

 

And now, like a dream

my heart in your embrace is held still

without awakening for a single moment

I dream an endless dream

 

So please, don't you ever leave me while I'm still scared, because I would never want to be scared alone. 

 

And now, like breathing

if you were to always rest by my side

if you were to always remain this way

nothing better

nothing better than you.

 

 

 

“You are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever had and I don’t want to lose you.” I hugged her, tight enough for her to feel my sincerity. “You don’t have to be scared because I'm here. You have me. I’ll hold your hand and I'll never let go. We can make this through together, Jessica.”

 

There was silence after that. She didn’t replied back and I thought she already gone asleep but then I felt her tightened her grip around me, burying her head over my neck. Then I felt her tears. She’s crying again and it pains me.

 

"I love you so much, Taeyeon." she said earnestly. "Stay with me. I need you every day."

 

 

-----

 

A/N:  VERY VERY VERY LATE UPDATE. I'M REALLY SORRY. THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER, AND AGAIN, I'M SORRY. I'M JUST REALLY REALLY BUSY. -_- PLEASE, LISTEN TO THE SONG. ARASSO? :) IT'S A GOOD SONG! PERFECT FOR TAENGSIC! 

 

TAENGSIC, FIGHTING!! <3