Chapter Eighteen

Forbidden Love

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Don’t worry. I’m here. There’s nothing to be scared of.”

 

Every time she does this kind of thing, I can’t help but to fall for her even more. She cares for me, she comforts me and she protects me. Does this mean something for her? Does she like me too? I’m not actually scared of the dark right now, but I’m more scared of the fact that she might not return my feelings. She stole my heart and I’m scared that she might just throw it away.

 

Taeyeon-ah, if you like me, tell me. If not, stop acting like you do. Please…

 

I  pulled away from her embrace and stood up. “You can leave now, Taeyeon. Your parents might be worrying about you already.” I should’ve stopped this from the start. I should’ve avoided her. But I did, right? But no matter what I do, my heart is filled with her.

 

“But there’s still no power. I can’t leave you here…alone.”

 

“I’ll be fine.” I walked a little to my left and took out my flashlight in my drawer. “I have this anyway.”

 

The light emitted by the flashlight turned almost everything in my room slightly visible. Taeyeon was standing in front of me. Her eyes were gleaming. “Did I do something wrong?” She asked.

 

I looked at her for seconds. “You did nothing wrong.” I said flatly and began to head out of the room.

 

“Whatever it was, I’m sorry Jessica. But I’m not leaving you. Not until the power comes back.” She said.

 

I stopped in my track and turned around. “Why are you doing this?” I said with my voice a little shaky. “Why do you care so much for me? The hugs, the hand grips, your words, your kindness and the one you did on the bus just a while ago, what are all those mean, Taeyeon?” Tears started to roll down on my cheeks. “Are you doing this because you knew already that I like you? And that you want to play around my feelings?”

 

“Jessica…” I heard her say but I didn’t mind it as I was too carried away by my long-kept emotion.

 

 “Are you planning to make me fall in love with you….then throw away my heart after you successfully did it, huh Taeyeon?” I wiped my tears off before I turned away and stood still for seconds. “You can throw it away now… You’ve succeeded.”

 

Just when I’ve started to step my feet forward, I felt her arms wrapped around my waist and her chin leaned on my shoulder.

 

 

“I love you, Jessica.”

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I couldn’t just let the moment slip away again and watch her as she walks away so I ran towards her, hugged her at the back and closed my eyes.

 

“I love you, Jessica. I don’t know how and why, but my heart says I love you. I trust it and that’s all that matters.” I heard her trying to control her sob and I felt bad for making her cry.

 

I removed my grip on her. I held her hand gently and looked straight into her eyes. “I’m so sorry for telling it just now… but I’m secretly in love with you and you know it now. I’m not playing on your feelings. My heart is sincere.” I said earnestly. I wiped her tears off before I continued. “Believe me, I love you.”

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Her words just melted me out. Butterflies were crazily fluttering in my stomach and I just couldn’t hide the delight I was feeling right now. Taeyeon’s eyes were genuine and I trust everything she said. But I’m still scared. I’m scared of what our friends, my family, and other people might think about this, this forbidden love.

 

After a few seconds, the power went back, and I felt the gush of blood in my face.

 

“I'm not asking you to give me your answer now and to be steady with me. Take your time. I’m willing to wait.” She said and kissed me on the forehead which caused me to tingle then I gave her a nod.

 

I can’t believe all of this is happening right now, and that I have this feels inside me. Many have told me those three words already, but none of them made me feel the way I’ve felt when Taeyeon said it. I’m in love, and the person I’m in love with, loves me too. This is magic.

 

--------

 

I slowly opened my eyes and the morning light hit my face. Unconsciously, I found myself smiling. Everything happened yesterday flashed through my mind and that just had me to smile happily. Sure it’s not a dream. I can still recall every detail of it.

 

As I was halfway through my reminiscence, my phone beeped. Good morning. Still sleeping? –Taeyeon

I let out a grin before I replied. Your text woke me up. How’s your sleep? – Jessica

Oops! I’m sorry. You can go back to bed if you want to. :) – Taeyeon

I just had the best sleep ever, btw. :) - Taeyeon

 

I had the best sleep too, Taengoo. *pouts*

 

You say ‘sorry’ a lot, don’t you? :) I’m still on bed, kind of feel lazy to get up. – Jessica

 

I carried myself up and head to the toilet to wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I read her reply as soon as I got out.

 

Sorry. :| Well, should I go there then to help you up? :) – Taeyeon

No thanks. I got up already. :P  - Jessica    

 

I head out of my room, went to the kitchen and opened my fridge to look for something to eat but I’m out of goods.  Why didn’t I notice that yesterday? My phone beeped again.

 

Great! Do you want to go out and eat breakfast with me? – Taeyeon

 

*squeal*

 

Uhm, yeah. Sure. :) – Jessica

 

Without waiting for her reply, I stormed to my bedroom and quickly changed my clothes. I tied my hair up after I put on my sweater.

 

I’m now waiting at the bus stop. See you! :) - Taeyeon

 

I checked myself in the mirror twice before I went out of my house. I want to look good in front of Taeyeon. The sky was bright and beautiful, way different than yesterday. Yesterday’s weather was incredibly weird, like it happened just to let me know what Taeyeon feels.   

 

I reached the stop and my heartbeat quicken as soon as I saw Taeyeon. I greeted her with a smile and she reciprocated it with a smile as well. “Where do you want to eat?” She asked.

 

“Hmm…at the noodle house.” I said as I pointed out my hand to where it lies. “Is it okay?”

 

“Of course. Let’s go?” She said and I nodded.

 

After we ate our breakfast, she helped me out to buy goods at the supermarket although I asked her to go home first, but she’s just too pushy.

 

“You sure you’re okay? I think it’s heavy.” I asked while trying to get the bag of goods she’s carrying.

 

“No, it’s okay. It’s not that heavy.” She smiled and gave me a look of assurance.

 

Does she really have to be like this? She’s too kind and I felt like a bad person just now. I should be the one carrying those because it’s mine. But like I’ve said, she’s just too pushy. “Then, let me carry the bread instead.” I said and tilted my head. “Please?”

 

I heard her chuckled and nodded helplessly then she hold out the bread she was carrying on her other hand and we continued to walk.

 

As we were halfway through my street, I noticed her staring at me from the corner of my eye. I looked at her shyly and her smile caused me to flush. “Why?” I managed to ask.

 

“Nothing.” She said and looked ahead before she continued. “Don’t you know that you’re so beautiful?” she paused for a moment and my face started to feel hot. Then she looked at me and we stopped to walk. “And you’re taking my breath away.”

 

I chuckled through my nose as soon as she said that. “Should I move farther away then?” I asked and continued to walk fast before she catch my overwhelmed emotion. After that, I heard her shuffled her feet towards me then she took my hand. “Please, don’t go away. Stay closer to me.”

 

Her eyes were begging and I know she wanted assurance from me so I gave her a nod and we started to walk again. The way she takes my hand, the way she says her words, and the way she looks at me is just so sweet. Would I be able to take all the consequences that await us if ever we make this relationship official? Would I be able to stand all the strange and disgust looks of people against this? Would my family understand? I’m scared. I’m really scared..

 

“Jessica!” I flinched and quickly withdrew my hand from Taeyeon’s grip as soon as I heard someone called out my name. My gaze bumped onto the person standing in front of my house, Victoria.

 

------

 

A/N: Here's comes Vicky again!  TaengSic ♥ Fighting!