Chapter Twenty Seven

Forbidden Love

 

“Sooyoung-ah, what the hell do you think you’re doing?! That’s Taeyeon’s cake!”

“I was just trying to—“

“Sooyoung-ah!!” Sunny swatted Sooyoung’s hand when she tried to attack the cake again, and then she shot her a deathly stare. “Stop it, okay?!”

“Aish! Taeyeon won’t eat that pea candy on top of that freakin’ cake anyway! Why can’t you just let me eat those?! Am I even your friend?! You guys are bad!” Whined Sooyoung as she crossed her arms against her while stomping her feet towards the sofa.

“Taeyeon loves pea, alright?! I have here dark chocolates for you. And please, stop whining. It makes us cringe!”

 

Just like always, SooSun were arguing over trivial matter again. The funny thing is, I love to see them like that. Anyway, we’ve just finished decorating the cake that I personally made for Taeyeon’s birthday. I baked it with pure love and all so I hope she’ll appreciate that. I planned this party for her and I’m glad that everyone help me through this. While the others are preparing stuffs at the venue, the three of us, on the other hand were preparing for the cake. Everyone was cooperating well and full-heartedly giving efforts for Taeyeon’s party and I find it sweet.

After I put the last piece of decoration on the cake, I stormed in my room to get the gift that I bought yesterday then we headed straight at the party venue after we’ve settled down everything in my place. Yoona and Tiffany are with Taeyeon, trying to shoo her suspicion.

 

Tae: Baby, I’m in a cab with Tiffany and Yoona now and they’re taking me to I don’t know where. I just want you to know. Anyway, are you home now? I wish you’re here with me. I miss you. :*

 

Well, she’s just like that. I told her that I’m out to see my cousin and her friends, but of course it was just a lie.

 

Jess: Not home yet. I miss you too. Haven’t I told you not to text me when you’re with them? We might get caught. Silly! -.-

Tae: You’ve got a great Kim Taeyeon, baby.

Jess: Really? Well, you’ve got a great Jessica Jung too. :”>

Tae: Haha. I know, right? :*

 

“Sica-ah, we need a hand here!”

“Alright!” I slid my phone inside my bag and shuffled my feet towards Hyoyeon and Seohyun who were having a hard time with the balloons.

 

We placed the balloons – blue, because it’s Taeyeon’s favorite color, under the ceiling together with the banner with a ‘Happy Birthday Taengoo!!’ printed on it. Then, we placed the food on the table in the middle. The room is quite small, but enough to fill in more than ten people. Once everything was done, and we received Tiffany and Yoona’s signal, we turned the lights off. Hyoyeon received a knock on the head from Sooyoung when she let out a chuckle. Quickly, I covered my mouth with my hand and held back my laughter after I saw Hyoyeon’s pitiful face.

Just then, we heard footsteps coming by. I need not to rack my head and think who the steps are from as Tiffany’s voice was echoing the entire silent room. And don’t forget to add up Yoona’s alligator laugh.

“Light the candles fast!” whispered Sooyoung to Sunny. “FAST! FAST!”

“Stop pressuring me, or I’ll light up your head..” retorted Sunny, impatiently.

The door swung open just in time.

“Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday happy birthday~ happy birthday to you~”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEYEON-AAAAH!” Everyone shouted.

I saw how glad Taeyeon was as she made wide smiles on her face. She walked up to blow for the candles and her gaze landed on mine. Her bright brown eyes seemed to want for my embrace but we both know we couldn’t do that in front of our friends. I watched her as she closed her eyes to blow for the candles and say her wish silently.

“What did you wish for?” asked Tiffany, asked everyone.

Taeyeon smiled and took a pea from the cake and shoved it in . “Why would I tell you?” She wandered her eyes around the place, smiling. “You made all these? You guys are awesome!”

“That’s what friends are for..” Hyoyeon s an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder as she patted the latter with such great force.

“Ouch!” Taeyeon wiggled her body out of Hyoyeon’s grip. “Thank you, guys. This is really sweet.”

“You give the credit to Jessica. This was all her idea.” Taeyeon looked at me, her eyes telling me how thankful she was and I felt like giving her a hug. I wish we can just be real around our friends.

The next thing Taeyeon did surprised not only me, but as well as our friends. She gave me a hug, a long tight hug and I swear, I saw how their faces went dazed. “W-What are you…doing?” I whispered, almost breathlessly.

“Keep still..” She tightened her grip around me when I tried to pull away. “Let me—“

“What is this all about??” Tiffany pulled us apart, her gaze’s throwing us daggers. “Taeyeon…what’s this???”

My heart quickened and I felt like I’m about to faint. Taeyeon grabbed my hand and pulled me close to her side. I knew what she was going to do so I tried my best to stop her. “Taeyeon, please.” I begged.

“They need to know.” She said.

“What do we need to know?? Jessi, what is going on???” Tiffany asked again. Everyone’s silent, waiting for us to speak up.

“Guys….” Taeyeon heaved a sigh. “Jessica is my girlfriend.” I looked down, my heart beating wildly in fear as I was so afraid that our friends wouldn’t understand.

“What!?”

“I know this is something you don’t usually hear, or not at all, but we love each other. I love her, and we won’t beg you to accept us, nor to love us the way we are now. All we need from you, right now, is your understanding.”

“This is adsurd…” Tiffany chuckled in disbelief. “You…You got to be kidding me.”

“They love each other, Pany-ah.”

“You knew this, Sunny?” She nodded. “Who else knew??” Tiffany turned to see Hyoyeon, Yoona, Seohyun and Sooyoung who were silently watching the show before them.

“Only me.”

Tears started to trickle down my face as I knew my best friend’s against my happiness as well. I knew it by heart and she didn’t have to say it right in my face. She walked out of the place without saying a word and that made my heart sank in sadness. The other four followed after her, leaving the place to the three of us.

“Soon, they’ll understand. Stay strong, guys.” Said Sunny, bidding goodbye afterwards.

Who else I know would hate me next – Krystal?

---

“Is this worth fighting for?” I looked over to the right to see Taeyeon. “Everyone is against us.”

“No, we have my parents and Sunny. Soon, they will understand. Trust me.”

I wanted to believe her words that time, but as much as I want to, the situation’s discouraging me. If I keep fighting for my happiness and ends up losing the people I treasure in life, I don’t want to keep fighting. But if doing this means letting go of the hand of the person who’s giving me most of my happiness, I know in my heart that I’d regret it forever.

“Fight for me, Jessica.” 

 

----

TBC.