Chapter Nineteen

Forbidden Love

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I bowed my head politely at the lady, who I assumed was Jessica’s relative since they look slightly alike as soon as we reached her. She’s tall, her skin is as white as Jessica’s, and she has this big, scary eyes. I found myself holding tightly onto the plastic bag when the lady threw me a stern look. It sent shivers down my spine.

I looked at Jessica and I saw anxiousness in her. “Victoria…wha...what are you..doing here?” She let out a nervous chuckle before she gave the lady a kiss on the cheek.

“Why? Am I not allowed to visit my cousin?” So, she’s Jessica’s cousin? I stood still and watched them talk for a moment. My left hand started to sore as the bag was heavy so I shifted it to my other hand. I’ve never had carried anything heavier than this in my life, but anything for Jessica, it’s okay. Then I heard Jessica say something. “This is….my friend…Taeyeon.”

I held out my hand for a hand shake but the lady just moved her gaze on Jessica’s house, and left my hand hanging. “Shall we go in now?” She said and moved herself in. That's it.

I frowned and felt a little embarrassed but I just tried to take it no big deal. ‘She probably just didn’t notice my hand.’ I said in my head although I knew exactly that she did. "Oh..yeah!" Jessica quickly followed her then looked back to mouth me ‘let’s go’ inaudibly before she smiled and that just had me to curl my lips up. She's beautiful.

As soon as we got in, Jessica took the plastic bag from me. I followed her by gaze and watched her as she walked to the kitchen. I sat on the sofa opposite to where Victoria was, anxious. I don't know why, but I just felt like she doesn't like me or something as to what she has been showing off to me. I breathed in air to calm myself down as I was feeling a bit nervous with her presence. I wandered my eyes to my left, up to the ceiling, down to the flower vase on top of the table to my right then bumped onto the big-brown-scary eyes staring at me strangely. I swallowed, hard.

 

“How long have you two been friends?” She asked, still showing me that strange look. Do I look like a bad person to her or something? 

“Uhm, more than a month now.” I said. “She’s…my friend’s best friend, actually.” I added, just in case she would ask how and where.

 

She observed me for seconds with her eyes slightly narrowed, which made my breathing hard and my heartbeat panicked anxiously, before she nodded and looked away. I swear, she's scary.

I pushed out a sigh silently after that. I just couldn't be relaxed and I wished Jessica to come back soonest but she hasn’t shown herself up yet and I began to wonder what was taking her so long. I fished out my phone for a while to escape myself from the uncomfortable ambiance swallowing me up in the living room and saw a message from Sunny.

Just as soon as I finished to send my reply, Jessica came back at last, holding a tray. “Coffee?” She handed a cup to Vic and one to me. The smile plastered on her face when she handed me my cup just saved me and I was back at ease. I watched them talk for a few more minutes before I finally bid goodbye and prepare myself up for a long excruciating talk with Sunny. Well, I've had myself ready for it anyway. So yeah.

 

___

 

“So… I’m all ears now.” said Sunny, sitting with her legs crossed together in front of me along with her you-can't-leave-without-telling-me look. I was rather feeling nervous and scared. This was harder than what I've expected. But what's the point of keeping it a secret if she already had a clue. I know she would hardly understand it for now, but eventually, she would.

I joined her on the floor and sat opposite to her. I took a deep breath and contemplated for seconds to tell her or not, but I'm no escape. When I finally got the gut and confidence, I started to speak up. “Can I trust you, Sunny-ah?” She gave me a firm nod and told me to go ahead. I let out a loud sigh as I looked down. “Promise me you won’t hate me. Please…” I felt her hands on my shoulders and told me to go on. This is it. I in a lungful of air  before I finally said the words. "I'm....gay." I said firmly and looked at her. "And I'm in love....with Jessica." 

"I know." She said. "Actually, it's not that surprising." I frowned at her, asking myself if I was that obvious. And I guess I was, just like how she had reacted.  "You...'re not going to unfriend me, are you?" I asked, worrying a little.

She pushed my forehead then and uttered a hiss. "Silly! How could you even think that?!" I chuckled nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Taeyeon-ah, I know that you know exactly what the consequences your love's gonna have to face." Sunny's face was serious and I listened to her heartily. "Not that I'm discouraging you to pursue her, but I just want you to be ready for everything. It's never gonna be easy. Definitely, there will be some who will disagree."

My mind started to get filled with thoughts and fear began to eat up my soul. When I first realized that I'm inlove with Jessica, I knew right then that it's never going to be easy. I know I have to adjust. People will definitely criticize us, throw us looks of disgust, hate us, but so what? I'm ready to take all the risk and fight for this love, like a man. Just as long as I have Jessica. Just as long as we love each other, just as long as we know that we're not getting in other people's way, it's okay. I love her, and I know she loves me too and that's all that matters. 

 

"I know, and I'm ready." I said courageously.

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Who is she?"

 

"She's my friend."

 

"Ahh.. A friend helping you out to carry your goods while holding your hand as she sends you home. Wow.. I hope I could find that kind of friend too."

 

I pulled myself up and tried not to say harsh words as I placed the cups in the sink while Victoria continued to talk nonsense. She always gets in my way and I'm totally sick of it. Like seriously. I think she's overusing the authority my mom and dad gave her back in California, but can't she realize that I'm trying to live on my own now? I know she's 5 years older than me and that I need to show respect but she should know her boundaries as well coz' one way or another, she's just my cousin and she just doesn't have the right to stop me to get what I want.

"You think there's something going on between us, don't you? Well, I'm telling you again for the last time, she's just my friend."

Great, I've had just started my day happy with Taeyeon a while ago and now she had to come and ruin it with just a blink of an eye. She's more than irritating than the antagonists in the television dramas! She better have a role soon!  

"Just make it sure, Jessica. Coz' once I've found out that there's really something going on between you and that kid, I would never hesitate to tell your parents about that. You don't want to put yourself into risk, do you?"

I heaved a deep sigh and stared out of the window blankly. My thoughts swirling around my head. Tears threatening to fall. Would I still be able to live my life without people getting in the way? The life the way I want it to be? I lied when I said that I had finally free myself from my parents' cage because no matter what I do, wherever I go, they're still in control of me. I'm still a slave, and will forever be. I'm weak, and I admit it. And this is just me, trying to be an ice princess but deep down, I'm melted, trying to have her own shape but she just couldn't.

Victoria left my house. I stayed in my room, lied down on my bed and stared blankly ahead. I hear nothing but a lonely thud of my heart. I hit my chest a few times then suddenly, tears trickled down my cheeks. I wish Taeyeon's here with me. I need her comfort. I need her embrace. I just....need her. The last thing I knew was I fell asleep.

____

 

PS: Hello guys! As you can see, I am trying so hard to continue the story the best I can and I need your help. -__- I need words of encouragement, yes, your feedbacks so I will know if this is worth reading or not. keke~ Short update for now. TBC.