Chapter 7

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

3rd Person POV~

Myungsoo, Jisu and Miyeon sat in the living room drawing pictures when their stomachs were grumbling.

"Jisu-ah, go make dinner," Myungsoo demanded while neatly coloring in his picture. "Use whatever I have in my fridge and cabinets."

"I can really cook you dinner?!" Jisu exclaimed as Myungsoo nodded. She giggled and jumped up, running to the kitchen to cook for him.

"She's really a weird girl, isn't she Miyeon?" Myungsoo snickered, looking at Miyeon. She didn't say anything, but she responded with a nod and smile. I chuckled and ruffled her hair, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Aigoo~ my little angel thinks just like her oppa."

Jisu searched for an apron, but didn't see one, so she cooked without one. She opened the fridge to only see kimchi, water bottles, a milk carton, some tofu, a can of tuna and microwavable foods. What exactly can I make with these?

Jisu grabbed the kimchi and decided to make kimchi jjigae (soup) for him and Miyeon. She first cut up the kimchi into smaller pieces, then put it in a small pot full of water. She began seasoning it and added the tuna into the mixture, stirring the soup with a wooden spoon while Myungsoo was stacking up the drawings he drew with Miyeon. He sniffed the air and smiled. The food better taste as good as it smells. I wonder...what she's making anyways?

Myungsoo looked at Miyeon and patted her head.

"Oppa will be okay. I'm just going to check up on that weird girl," he said and stood up, walking towards the kitchen. He poked his head in and saw the back of Jisu as she continued to stir the soup.

"Yah, what are you cooking?" Myungsoo asked, startling Jisu that she dropped the wooden spoon.

"M-Myungsoo," she said turning around facing him. They both looked at the wooden spoon then back to each other.

"Are you going to pick that up?" Myungsoo asked pointing to it. She quickly picked it up and held it tight against her.

"What are you doing? You should have said something for me to know you were here," Jisu said, avoiding his eyes. He scoffed and walked towards her to have her step back a bit.

"I did say something. I said, 'Yah, what are you cooking?' didn't I?" he smirked as she scratched the back of her head.

"You did, didn't you," she said with a light, awkward laugh. "Uhm, I'm cooking kimchi...."

She couldn't get the full sentence out because Myungsoo was too close to her that she could smell his soft scent. He reached his arm out startling her, so she turned around and was about to put the spoon back into the soup when he grabbed her wrist.

"You're not thinking about putting that dirty spoon back into my dinner, are you?" he whispered into her ear, giving her goosebumps. He slowly lowered her arm down and took the spoon from her. "Get a new one while I wash this one."

She quickly nodded and searched for another spoon while Myungsoo looked at her, washing the spoon in the sink. He softly chuckled at Jisu, running around to look for a new spoon.

"That drawer next to you is where the spoons are stored," he pointed out. She looked down next to her and smiled, opening the drawer seeing spoons of different sizes and colors.

"I found it~!" she proudly said. Myungsoo chuckled and set the wooden spoon aside.

"Well, I only came to check up on you," he said and walked towards the living room. "Oh, and the jjigae looks delicious; I'll be looking forward to eating it. Call for us once you're done."

She nodded and once he was with Miyeon, she deeply exhaled as she was holding in her breath. Why do I always feel like this around him? I must really be in love with him.

Jisu sighed once again and continued to cook the jjigae when it was ready. She called for them to eat, but there was no reply so she walked to the living room to see Myungsoo patting Miyeon to sleep. Jisu smiled at the warm scene and leaned against the wall, just watching.

"You don't have to be a creeper and watch from afar," Myungsoo said, glancing at Jisu, who cleared .

"I thought it'd be better this way," she said. "By the way, dinner's ready."

"I know, I heard you when you were shouting 'dinner!'" he said, now looking directly at her. "Go ahead and eat dinner first, I'll come join you once I put Miyeon in bed."

"But I want to eat with you," she quietly said, but he didn't seem to hear her say it. She sighed and sat on the dining table alone with two bowls of soup sitting there. She would look out to the hallway to see if he'd walk out of his room, but he didn't. Did he fall asleep too?

She waited a bit longer when no one came out to join her, so she stood up and grabbed the two bowls of soup that had gotten cold. She was going to dump them back into the pot when she felt a pair of big hands grab the bowl in her left hand. She looked up and saw Myungsoo.

"Sorry I made you wait, the soup even got cold," he said heading to the table to sit. "But I like it better this way, cold kimchi jjigae."

"I thought you fell asleep," Jisu said with a pouty voice. He looked up at her already sipping the soup. "I thought I'd have to eat alone and I didn't want that."

"Sorry," he said and set the spoon aside. "Miyeon was having a hard time sleeping, so I stayed with her for a bit longer."

Jisu nodded and took a seat across from Myungsoo, silently eating her soup. Spoons were clinking against the bowls and slurps were heard, but not a single word from the two. It wasn't really an uncomfortable situation, but it for sure wasn't comfortable for the two either.

"So...how was your day?" Myungsoo asked, starting a converstaion.

"It was fine," Jisu simply replied and silence took over again. "Wait!"

He sudden outburst, startled Myungsoo, having his soup drip down his chin.

"There was a new student today! His name is Gongchan!" Jisu said with a smile. "He's tall and has a baby face, but there's this mature texture...texture? Does that sound right? Anyways, he has a mature face too. The girls in our class are attracted to him, but I don't get why. I'm curious if it's love for them...."

She was talking quite fast that he stopped listening after her first word, "he's".

"...so, how was your day?" Jisu said with a smile.

"My day?" Myungsoo asked, cleaning the bowl with the spoon, making sure it was spotless. "My day was boring. I sat around in my office all day in this heat. I got my car back too, so I don't have to walk around on the streets anymore."

"That means we won't bump into each other anymore?" she asked as he nodded.

"Yes," he said. "We're going to see each other everyday from now on too, so there's no need to bump into each other anymore."

"What a disappointment, but I guess," she pouted and took her empty bowl to the sink. "If you're done, then leave it there and I'll clean it up."

Myungsoo nodded and left the kitchen and headed into his little office in the spare room to do some late work. Jisu cleaned the dirty dishes and put the extra jjigae in the empty fridge.

"Does he really not cook for himself to only have these things?" Jisu questioned and sighed. "And I thought I lived a sad life."

The sun had set and Haneul had already come to pick Miyeon up. Jisu picked up the mess she made with Miyeon while Myungsoo still hadn't come out of his office since dinner. She dusted her hands off and looked at Myungsoo's office door.

"Should I say goodbye or not?" Jisu said tilting her head to think. She thought hard about it and paced back and forth in the living room. "I shouldn't interrupt him, so I should probably just go home."

She grabbed her backpack and headed towards the door when she heard the door in the hallway open. She turned around and saw Myungsoo slide into a leather jacket.

"Sorry, I forgot you were here," he said fixing his jacket. "I'll drop you off at home since I got my car back."

She nodded and so they walked out together. Walking out of the building, they headed towards Myungsoo's car when a boy caught Jisu's eyes.

"Oh, Gongchan?!" Jisu shouted, pointing to him. Myungsoo turned his head and met eyes with Gongchan. "It is you!"

Gongchan was walking his dog and seeing Jisu, he quickly ran away into the building they had come out from.

"I didn't now he lived in the same building as you," Jisu said to Myungsoo.

"And you act as if I know myself," Myungsoo scoffed and walked to his car, opening the car door. She entered his car too and he drove off, remember the directions. "So that boy you just saw, he was the new student?"

"Yep, his name is Gongchan," Jisu said with a smile.

"I know, I've heard his name twice today, maybe even more," he said stopping at a red light. "He seems like what you've described him, if not that then you're pretty much scaring him off."

"Me? Scaring him off?" she asked as I nodded.

"A weird girl like you can scare someone away, for example me," he said with a snicker. She glared at him and hit his arm.

"If I scare you then why haven't you run away yet?" she asked, crossing her arms with a pout.

"I don't know why either," he whispered and looked at her, then pinched her cheek. "You love to pout, don't you?"

She didn't know if she was supposed to be mad or not anymore due to the skinship, but her heart beated fast. He chuckled and soon they reached her house.

"Well, thank you for the ride oppa," she said with a smile.

"Oppa? I still cringe at that word coming from your mouth," Myungsoo said and waved her out. "Just go, I'm sure your parents are up waiting for you."

"Parents?" Jisu asked as Myungsoo gave her a weird look. "Right! My parents are up waiting for me, I should just get going. Bye oppa."

"Again with the oppa," he said and she shut the door behind her, running towards the house. Once she was inside the house, he drove off back home.

"Why are you back so late?!" a middle age woman shouted at Jisu. She looked up at the woman and rubbed the back of her neck.

"I was out doing my job Madam Jung," Jisu said.

"Your job? This late at night?" Madam Jung scoffed in disbelief. "As long as you're making money to pay for your rental, then I don't care what you do, just don't stomp in like a hippo and disturb my beauty sleep!"

"Yes Madam," Jisu said with a bow and headed straight up to her room. She shut her door and flopped onto her bed with a deep sigh. A good day is always ruined.