Chapter 25

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Jisu's POV~

It's been a few weeks now since I've started living with Myungsoo, but he hasn't been around lately because of work. I had really thought that living with him would be a great opportunity for me to make him fall for me, but I can't really throw my charms onto him if he's always coming home late or spending the night at a hotel near his workplace. Honestly, it has been lonely without him here....

"No~ no~" I heard Miyeon say as she was playing with her toys. She's been trying to talk lately as Haneul unnie is teaching her how to talk; her favorite word though is "no". She'll say no to anything and anyone.

"Miyeon-ah, can you say 'unnie'?" I asked, kneeling down in front of her. She smacked her toys against each other, ignoring me. I pouted and moved closer to her. "Say 'unnie'."

"No~" she said and my heart sank.

"You don't mean that," I continued to pout and pinched her cheeks. She smiled as I did it and I couldn't help but smile too.

We continued to play and I looked up at the wall clock to see that it was close to the time that Myungsoo oppa would normally come home. Would he be home tonight? Should I prepare him dinner?

I sighed as I thought about what to do while trying to keep Miyeon entertained. Time continued to fly by and there was a knock on the door; it had to be Haneul unnie since it was time for her to come by now. Miyeon was playing with her toy piano as I got up to open the door, but when I opened it, it wasn't her.

"Gongchan?" I said his name, surprised to see him. He was avoiding eye contact, as usual, and he cleared his throat.

"Am I bothering you?" he asked, glancing up at me for a moment before turning his eyes away again. I smiled and shook my head.

"Not at all, I just thought you were Haneul unnie," I said and I noticed he had a folder in his hand with my name on it. "Ah! So that's where my folder was! I was looking for it everywhere!"

Surprised by my loud voice, Gongchan flinched back and quickly handed me my folder. I smiled widely as I looked at my folder, then to him.

"Thank you, Gongchan! All my homework is in here and I was really scared that Mr. Lee would kill me," I said, extremely relieved.

"It's nothing, really, for you to thank me," he said quietly. He scratched the back of his neck and said, "You left it on my desk when we were talking about the fomulas for math. I just wasn't sure when the right time was to return it, but I didn't want to miss you in case you went home already."

I looked at him blankly and questioned him, "Miss me?"

We looked at each other, confused, when he suddenly started to get red.

"Oh no! Are you running a fever?" I asked, approaching him when he backed away, bumping his back against the wall. I knew Miyeon was still in the apartment, so I couldn't fully walk out of the door to see what was wrong with him.

"Gong-"

"I-I'm fine!" he said, loudly. "I'm not running a fever or anything...it's just...you said something that caught me off guard."

"Eh? What did I say?" I asked, blinkly my eyes, trying to remember our conversation seconds ago. He looked up at me for a little bit before turning away with his face still red.

"It's just that...I think you might have misinterpreted when I said I didn't want to miss you," he said and I finally remembered.

"Ohhh...how did I misinterpret it? You said you didn't want to miss me in case I went home, so I took it that your feelings towards me-"

"That's not what I meant!" he said in a raised voice, but there wasn't anything scary about the way he raised his voice like most men. "It was meant as in I didn't want to come here and find out that you had already gone home. To 'miss you' doesn't always have that kind of meaning...do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Not really, but I do understand that it has a different meaning from when I miss Myungsoo oppa," I said with a smile and he looked at me weird, maybe he was just trying to understand my way of thinking; even I admit that my way of thinking isn't normal.

"Well, anyways, I just wanted to return your folder before you left," he said with a faint smile and we stood there in silence, but I began to speak, "You do remember that I am living here now, right? It's already been a few weeks."

He looked at me with an "oh" face. I giggled at his reaction.

"Th-that's right...how could I forget," he quietly said, hanging his head.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised because you're always running out of the school when the last bell rings and you have cram school and your tutoring lessons, not to forget your piano lessons. You're quite the busy body, so it's hard to remember things, I assume," I said with a soft smile. "Besides, it's not like I talk much about living here with Myungsoo oppa with you guys, so it's only natural to forget."

"That's true, but Jinyoung and the others, myself included, aren't in the position to really ask you either about how your living situation is with Myungsoo hyung," he softly said. "But we did entrust hyung with you when you first told us, that I remember."

I smiled, then heard Miyeon crying.

"Oh no! Sorry Gongchan, but I-"

"It's fine, just go, it could be serious," he said with a smile and he walked off first.

"Uhm, Gongchan!" I called after him and he stopped to look behind him. "You know, you're doing a whole lot better at holding a conversation with me. You weren't stuttering as much and you smiled too."

His eyes widened and his ears turned red.

"Keep it up!" I giggled and waved him goodbye before closing the door behind me to see what happened to Miyeon. She was laying on the floor while looking under the sofa; she must've had a toy stuck under there. I got it out for her and she happily started playing with it again.

I sat on the sofa and opened my folder to see notes on it. It wasn't my handwriting nor was it even the type of paper I used to write. The neat and perfect handwriting had to be Gongchan's. I read through them and they were the formulas we were talking about earlier at school today.

"He really is a good friend," I smiled to myself. I wasn't very good at any of the subjects at school and he wrote down ways to help me on my weak spots. I rarely did talk to him about my struggles with certain areas, but I guess Jinyoung and the others told him.

Later that evening, Haneul picked up Miyeon late due to a meeting with her instructor. She offered to give me a ride home, but I refused and told her I would take a cab instead since none of Myungsoo's family knew about me living here. That's also the same excuse I've been using since Myungsoo was gone. She left, trusting me, and I was alone.

I stayed in my room, studying the notes Gongchan wrote and working on my homework, as I have always been doing for the past few days without Myungsoo being here. It really was lonely and a bit scary with it being so quiet. I'd try to call Myungsoo, but he wouldn't pick up, even with texting him. Did he run away from me because he's tired of taking care of me? Was I a bother to him? Is he even alive?

I sighed and decided I'd end my studying for the night since it was almost midnight. Waiting for him would be pointless anyways and thinking about him was distracting.

I got ready for bed and left my night-light on since I slept better with the room dimmed than completely dark. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Jisu, get your back here!" Madame Jung shouted.

What? What's going on?

"How dare you leave me alone like this?! You've completely ruined my life! I'll have you pay for this!" she shouted and reached towards me. I was crying and cornered in a room.

"No! Please stop!" I tried to scream, but nothing came out of my lips. "Stop!"

"You think you're safe with Myungsoo protecting you?! I'll find you! Believe me, when I find you I'll ki-"

"Stop! Let me go!!"

"Stop!" I screamed and my eyes shot open. My body was drenched in sweat and I was crying.

"Jisu?" I heard a familiar voice and I looked at my bedside to see Myungsoo sitting on a chair with wide eyes. I couldn't believe my eyes and shook my head, covering my eyes as I cried.

"No, this is a dream. I'm still dreaming," I cried when I felt his warm hands grab mine, I tried to shake him off believing this was still a dream. "Stop! Let me go!"

"What the hell?! Jisu, it's me!" he shouted and I faced him. He frowned, worried, and softly said, "It's me."

"Myungsoo?" I asked and he nodded. I cried harder and hugged him, burying my face in his chest. "Myungsoo!"

He hugged me back and rubbed my back.

"Shhh, I'm here. It was just a dream, Jisu," he said with a soothing voice. The voice I had missed these past few days.

"S-She was..she was t-trying to-"

"You're safe with me and that was just a dream," he said, repeatedly. "She won't be able to get to you."

I continued to cry and hugged him hard as he did too. I don't know how long it took for me to calm down, but I eventually did. I hiccuped and held him tight, still thinking he was just part of my dream.

"Have you calmed down?" he whispered and I slowly nodded. "You're safe, Jisu. She won't step a single foot anywhere near you, I won't let her."

I sniffled and nodded, "I know."

Myungsoo's POV~

We both stayed in each other's embrace for a moment longer when I felt like I had to apologize to her.

"I'm sorry I left you these passed few days, you must've been scared," I quietly said and she nodded against my chest. "Work has gotten busy and I had to keep an eye on Ms. Jung."

She didn't say a word to me.

"Jisu, I really am sorry," I said, thinking she was upset with me. I mean, I would be upset with myself too. "I really did come to check up on you every night though when you slept. I wanted to make sure you were safe."

She sniffled and pulled away from me with her head hung low.

"The idea that you weren't here with me really did make me scared and it made me lonely," she sniffled. I could tell she was gonna cry again when she looked up at me with red, watery eyes. "You didn't answer my calls or text me back; I thought I was a bother to you and so you stayed at the office."

And she was crying again. I sighed and felt bad, so I hugged her again.

"I was the one who took you in, Jisu," I said. "If you really were a bother then I would've had you leave already. I didn't answer or text back because I wasn't given much free time to do it. Believe me."

"I don't care, just the fact that you're here right now makes up for it all," she said in a soft voice and looked up at me with a silly smile. This girl really is naive...seeing her like this made my heart clench. She's naive and she's fragil; I don't know what I'd do if I lost that smile of hers.

No...what am I saying? This isn't like me...she's just a high schooler; immature and dull. But a smile like hers...who would hate it?

A few hours later, I was able to get her to go back to sleep since she had to wake up early for school. She held onto my hand as tight as she could so that I wouldn't leave; I had no intentions on leaving her anyways after what I just saw.

I brushed her loose hair away from her face with my free hand. She shifted under my touch and leaned in closer to the hand she was holding. I watched her sleep and looked at every detail of her peaceful face. Who would've thought that she had a tiny mole just beneath her right eye? Her eyelashes are really long too, they almost look fake. Honestly, she really is a beauty for a girl her age; the way she thinks is immature, but her physical features are mature...some people probably think she's 25 with that face of hers.

My eyes traveled from her face to the hand that was holding onto mine. Her skin was smooth and her fingers that were interlocked with mine were slender. I'm sure if she held on any tighter, she might break a finger. Her fingernails were pretty too...damn, now I sound like a major e.

"If only you were a bit smarter, you'd be much more attractive," I quietly chuckled and raised her hand up to my lips. I gave the back of her hand a light kiss and whispered, "But I wouldn't ever see you as a woman...you're still just a child."