Chapter 4

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Myungsoo's POV~

Work hasn't been doing well lately, meaning I wouldn't be able to fully take care of Miyeon as much anymore in the afternoon, but the worst part of it happened today. 
 
"A babysitter?!?!" I shouted at Woohyun and Haneul as other customers in the cafe, stared at me. "I can still work and take care of Miyeon!!!"
 
"Myungsoo, you know it's going to be impossible to do that, you wouldn't make it in time for Haneul to drop Miyeon off because if she waited for you then she'd be late to class," Woohyun said. 
 
"Oppa, we know you want to take care of Miyeon, but you can't," Haneul said patting my hand. "You'd be too stressed out too since business isn't going well, so we thought we'd get a babysitter."
 
"But I want Miyeon to myself-"
 
"Well you can't, so it up," Woohyun said pinching my cheeks. I pushed his hands away and huffed out a sigh.
 
"So then will the babysitter be at your house taking care of her?" I asked as they nodded. "I won't allow that."
 
They both gave me the "are-you-serious" face and stared at me. 
 
"Why not?" Haneul asked. I crossed my arms and leg. 
 
"Because I don't trust the babysitter-"
 
"You don't even know the babysitter-"
 
"Exactly," I said interrupting Woohyun. "You don't know the babysitter either and the babysitter may be a criminal or worse, a child abuser."
 
"Myungsoo, you're over analyzing it," Woohyun said shaking his head at me. "We interviewed her and she's just a normal high school girl, there's no need to worry about Miyeon being in her hands."
 
"But-"
 
"Stop acting like a child and just accept the fact that you're being replaced," Haneul said, getting annoyed of the childish Myungsoo. He glared at Haneul and made a childish face.
 
"Have the babysitter and Miyeon come to my house tomorrow. It's safer that way considering that I get off work an hour later than I usually do," I said leaning back in my seat.
 
"Myungsoo, we can't do that," Woohyun said with a sigh. "A man and a high school student alone with a child isn't something neighbors would like to see. What if they get a misunderstanding?"
 
"Then let them misunderstand," I said with a shrug saying "I-don't-care-what-they-think." Woohyun and Haneul looked at me with disbelief and I knew they were going to give up. 1...2...3...
 
"Fine, we'll have them come over to your house tomorrow afternoon. Give Haneul an extra house key and make sure to behave yourself," Woohyun said, standing up from his seat. "Don't you do anything inappropriate to her either, especially in front of Miyeon or else you'll never her again."
 
"Really?!" I exclaimed as he and Haneul nodded. I sighed in relief. "I promise you, I won't do anything to that babysitter and only care about my little Princess."
 
"Oppa, I can guarentee you that you're not going to keep that promise," Haneul snickered as I stared at her to give me an explanation. "Remember when you told me you wouldn't fall in love with me?"
 
"Yes, I remember it clearly," I blankly said as she stared at me with a grin. "What? You think I'm going to fall in love with her? You really think I'm going to do something to her?"
 
"I don't know," she said and held Woohyun's hand, interlocking fingers. "But I know you pretty well Myungsoo, you're not going to keep your promise."
 
"Just you watch, I will keep my promise Haneul," I said and sipped my coffee as she and Woohyun shook their heads at me, doubtful.
 
"We'll see you tomorrow then Myungsoo," Woohyun said with a smile and walked out with Haneul. I sat in my seat and tapped my finger against my coffee cup. I'm curious though, will the babysitter be pretty?
 
The next morning I walked to work to see Jisu kicking at the cement sidewalk. What's she doing?
 
"Yah, shouldn't you be at school?" I shouted at her to make her look up at me. She smiled and skipped towards me, which I didn't really want her to come towards me.
 
"I was waiting for you," she smiled, then reached in her school bag. She held out a box wrapped in a floral cloth. "I wanted to give this to you. I made it myself."
 
I looked down at it as she held it higher up to my face.
 
"Are you going to take it?" she asked, blinking her eyes. I hesitated, but took it anyways.
 
"Uhm, thanks," I said as her smile grew bigger.
 
"I'm so happy~! I thought you wouldn't accept my confession," she said blushing a bright rosy red shade on her cheeks.
 
"C-confession?" I asked as she nodded. "I-I...uhm...this isn't how a confession works."
 
"Yeah it does, it's always like this in mangas and dramas," she said, but I shook my head.
 
"You're delusional," I said and walked away to have her trail behind me.
 
"Delusional? What's that?" she asked, making me stop to have her bump my back. I looked down at her as she rubbed her forehead, probably where she hit me.
 
"You're a high school student and still don't even know your vocabs?" I asked her in disbelief. "What exactly are you learning?"
 
"I sleep during class," she said tilting her head to the side. "So I learn...nothing."
 
I stared down at her and scoffed. "If you want to live 'happily ever after' with me then you better start studying in school."
 
"You mean it?!" she shouted with round, sparkling eyes. I really didn't, but for this little poor, brainless girl; I nodded. "Uwah~ I'll try my best Johnny oppa!!"
 
"Gosh, you're still calling me Johnny?" I scoffed as she nodded happily. I shook my head and ruffled her hair. "Do well in school and forget about love for now."
 
"I can't do that," she said fixing her hair back into place. "Because I don't know how to fall out of love."
 
I looked at her and smiled.
 
"You will someday," I said and walked away. She really is the type to pity.
 
After work, I walked to the car shop to check up on my car since it's been like 3-4 weeks already. I walked in the shop and asked the workers if my car was done and finally they said yes, but I wasn't gonna be able to pick it up tomorrow after work, so in other words it wasn't completely done. I mean, who takes 3-4 weeks to just fix the engine?
 
I got home and heard people laughing inside, even that unfamiliar laugh. I knew it was the babysitter's laugh. I slid into my slippers and walked into the living room to have Miyeon run up to me. I picked her up and kissed her cheeks before turning my head to see an unexpected guess.
 
"Johnny oppa?"
 
"Y-y-you."