Chapter 16

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Jisu's POV~ 

Once school was done with, I walked out of the school and saw Gongchan at the gates kicking at the ground. 

"Oppa!" I called out his name. He looked at me as I skipped towards him. "What are you still doing here? By now, you would've left already."

He blinked his eyes to find words and scratched the back of his head. 

"I-I was waiting...for you," he softly said, which made me smile. "You are heading my way, right?"

I nodded. "Today, Luhan oppa will be there! And Minah will join us later after her tutoring lessons!"

"Who are those people?" he asked as we started to walk. 

"They're Myungsoo oppa's in-laws," I answered, then an idea came up. "You should come and join us!!"

"EH?!" he said shocked. "N-no thank you."

"Awwh~ why not? It'll be fun and I'm sure they'd like to meet you!" I smiled, but he didn't seem to have a change of heart. "They're really nice people."

"I'm sure they are, but I'm not yet ready to meet new people. I mean, I'm still just trying to get used to you," he said with a shy smile. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable so I didn't say anything more. 

Our walk home was quiet, but it was nice at the same time. I couldn't help, but stare at him either. I never really noticed how nice his skin was as well as his jawline; I would say he could pass as a celebrity. 

Arriving at the building we both got on the elevator without a word and went up to his level first. As the door opened, he smiled and lifted his hand up. 

"Bye Jisu," he said, waving. "I'll see you tomorrow at school."

"Bye oppa~" I said and the elevator door closed on us then it went up to Myungsoo's floor. I walked to his apartment and since I knew the pass code, I entered it and walked in to see Luhan oppa. 

"Oh~ Jisu!" he exclaimed with a bright smile. 

"Oppa~!" I shouted and ran up to him, giving him a hug as he hugged back. 

"Yah, let go of each other," Myungsoo casually said walking by with Miyeon in his arms. We let each other go and silently laughed to ourselves. 

"How've you been?" Luhan asked as we both took a seat on the couch. 

"I've been really good," I smiled. "How about oppa?"

"Stressed," he pouted. "Being an adult ."

I giggled and looked at Myungsoo, who rolled his eyes at Luhan. 

"I hope you realize that you're only gonna getting older," he stated. 

"Who cares, as long as I still have my baby face then I wouldn't care about my age or the stressful adult life," Luhan defended himself. 

"As if that face is going to get you anywhere far in life," Myungsoo scoffed and played with Miyeon. 

"Who knows, Luhan oppa can become an idol with that kind of face like Gongchan," I grinned. 

"Gongchan?" Luhan questioned as I nodded. 

"My classmate," I smiled. "He's got nice skin and an amazing jawline."

"Better than Myungsoo's?" Luhan asked with a teasing voice. 

"Of course not!" I defended. "No one can beat oppa!"

"No one," Myungsoo said to make it clear to Luhan. "It seems that you and Gongchan are now friends."

"You can say that," I smiled at the thought of finally being friends with him. "But Gongchan still feels awkward around me."

"He just needs time," Myungsoo said. I nodded and sighed, leaning back into the couch. Miyeon had squirmed out of Myungsoo's arms and came to me reaching her arms out for me to hold her. I picked her up and set her on my lap. 

"She seems to like you more than Myungsoo," Luhan chuckled and gently pinched Miyeon's cheek; I softly laughed and agreed with him. Miyeon has been more attached to me than Myungsoo oppa, since he's been more busy with work. Myungsoo knew himself that I was favored, but he still didn't accept the cruel truth. 

"She can favor Jisu, but just know that I'm her favorite uncle," Myungsoo smirked. 

"Stop kidding yourself, I'm obviously the favored one," Luhan argued back. The two were giving each other childish looks, but I didn't stop them. It was too interesting at how ridiculous they looked to stop them; not to mention, Myungsoo looked extremely cute. 

"Oppa!" Miyeon had shouted with a crack. All our attention had gone to her with wide eyes. I mean, she is at the age to be saying small words, but it was still a shocker to us all. 

"Mi-Miyeon-ah, say that again," Myungsoo said with excitement. 

"Oppa," she repeated with a grin and pointed at me. "Oppa."

I could tell that all our hearts sank from disappointment.

"Unnie," I said pointing to myself. "I am your unnie, not oppa."

"Oppa~" she giggled. It was almost like she was teasing me and she was enjoying it. 

"I'm quite offended," Luhan pouted and had Miyeon face him. "I am your oppa, Miyeon-ah."

"Well, if you think about it you're technically her samchon (Uncle)," Myungsoo said. 

"That would apply to you too," he replied with annoyance. 

"Oppa~" Miyeon kept repeating and laughing to herself. We couldn't help, but look at her in awe. 

"She's growing up really quick," Myungsoo sighed with a soft smile. I agreed with him and hugged her tight; she's just too cute to not squeeze. But honestly, even to me it was cool to see her grow as months went by...being able to be a part of someone's life was nice. 

As the day went on with Miyeon's babbling and the guys arguing with one another about small things, Minah soon joined us after her lessons. As usual, my jealousy rose when she was pretty much glued onto Myungsoo oppa. I know an 8 year old doesn't have the motive of taking him away from me, but it still made me jealous just how close they were...emotionally-wise. I kind of wished Myungsoo oppa would smile and laugh with me instead of boss me around, but I know he doesn't hate me and that he silently watches over me. 

Too focused on watching the two, I felt a tiny pinch on my arm. I flinched and turned my head to see Luhan grinning. I knew what that grin meant. 

"Don't get so depressed," he whispered, then turned his head to the two. "Guys! Jisu and I are going out to buy some groceries for dinner~!"

I looked at him, hoping he wasn't serious, but then he secretly gestured me to look at Myungsoo's reaction. I glanced at him and he was glaring at Luhan. I couldn't help, but smile inside. 

Luhan grabbed my hand and stood up as I had no choice but to stand up with him. 

"We'll be going now," he smiled widely and we slowly began walking towards the door. 

"Stop right there!" Myungsoo shouted. Luhan and I looked at each other and quietly snickered, turning around with straight faces. He stood up with that cold face and walked towards us. He reached out his hand and grabbed my free hand, then with his other hand he handed me something with a smile. 

"Take my money and go buy some ice cream on the way back. I want the one shaped like a fish," he said and walked away back to his seat. Luhan and I were speechless and stood there in disbelief. He looked at us and shooed us away. "Do you want us to starve to death? Hurry up and get going."

"Yah, you idio-" Luhan muffled as I covered his mouth. 

"We'll be going now," I forced a laugh. "We'll bring back the change."

He gave us a thumbs up and I dragged Luhan out. 

"That arrogant fool," Luhan muttered with arms crossed over his chest. 

"You can't blame him," I defended Myungsoo. "If he isn't feeling jealous or anything, that just means he isn't into me. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up."

"Why do you like him in the first place? All he has is his face," Luhan said as we rode the elevator down to the lobby. I smiled and shrugged. 

"I will admit it," I started. "I was first attracted to his appearance, but as I got to know him more, I was drawn in by his way of caring for me. He may seem bad to me, but really, I believe it's his only way of telling me he's worried."

"You must really be into him," Luhan chuckled, ruffling my hair as I giggled with a shy nod. "I'm sure somewhere, somehow, he'll fall for your charms. Every prince falls for a lowlife."

"Are you insulting me?!" I shouted, shocked. He laughed and started running away as I ran after him to strangle him.

Myungsoo's POV~

"They get along quite well, don't they?" Minah asked as we silently watched the two tease each other. 

"Why did I agree to come follow them?" I openly spoke my thought with a heavy chest to have her look up at me. 

"Isn't the answer obvious?" she asked with a sweet smile. I looked down at her and rejected the answer she would've given me, so I turned back in the direction or home and started walking. 

"Let's go home, Miyeon is getting cold out here," I said as Minah trailed behind. "Besides, they're finally able see each other again so let's give them some alone time."

Minutes went by and I swear, waiting for them to come back felt like hell. An hour and a half later, they were back and I couldn't help but feel anger. I don't know what I was more angry about though, seeing that they forgot my ice cream and used my money on other useless food or that they came back smiling to each other like they had a good time. One or the other, I just wasn't happy seeing the two together. Maybe I was jealous, but for what reason?