Chapter 22

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Myungsoo's POV~

It's already been a week since I've brought Jisu home. At first, she was nervous and in deep thoughts about the whole situation, but she slowly and eventually accepted the reality I've given her. She also kind of returned to her old self; being clumsy here and there. 

No one knew she was living with me, not even her friends, but I guess it's better this way for now. 

Today, I woke up and saw Jisu in the kitchen brewing some coffee; my favorite coffee. She seemed more relaxed and comfortable in my home. I remember the first day she came and lived with me. 

*flashback*

I woke up to the smell of fresh black coffee. I rubbed my eyes and stretched before tilting my head wondering who had invaded my home. Of course, I was half asleep so I didn't remember her existence then. 

I didn't bother to wash up and headed out my room towards the kitchen. I saw Jisu in my clothes, since she didn't have any at the time. Her back was turned to me and she was making my favorite coffee. I've never seen such an innocent and pure scene so early in the morning that it made my heart race. 

I leaned against the wall with my hands stuffed in my pockets and just stared at her as she grabbed my favorite coffee cup and poured the coffee in it. She turned around and gasped after seeing me. I gently smiled and approached her. 

"Were you making coffee?" I groggily asked and she nodded. 

"I didn't know how to thank you for everything you've done, so I could only repay you by cleaning up a bit and by making you coffee to start off your day," she said biting her lower lip. I gave a breathy snicker and patted her head. 

"You don't have to thank me," I said and grabbed my coffee cup that was sitting on the counter behind her. "I only did what I could do to protect you. I did promise you I'd come, right?"

"You did," she softly said with a shy gesture. To be honest, I don't think I've seen her this embarrassed before. She's usually bold at times like this, declaring that she would somehow make me fall harder for her or something. 

"But is it really okay for me to stay here?" she quietly asked, shifting her gaze down to the floor. I leaned against the counter, standing next to her and sipped my coffee. 

"If it wasn't okay then I wouldn't have brought you here in the first place," I answered and glanced at her to see her reaction. She was blushing and smiling; back to her usual "in-love" self. "If you're worried about being a burden, you're not. So stay here as long as you like-"

"Like...forever?" she wondered with her expression beaming with thoughts of her fantasy. I chuckled and set my cup down. 

"Forever is a long time," I said and she shook her head. Her eyes were determined and she held a fist. 

"I will make you fall for me!" she declared and I raised an eyebrow. 

"How can you suddenly declare that? Did you just forget everything that happened yesterday?" I asked referring to Madame Jung. She looked at me with a blank expression then gently smiled. I don't think I've seen a smile as gentle as the one she was giving me; it was full of sincerity. 

"Of course not, but I have to look forward right? I have to find my happiness, right?" she asked and I felt a throb in my chest. She really has matured since the first time I met her. She was just a girl then...now, she's grown into a woman. 

"But I'll be sure to make you my Prince! I don't care how long it's going to take, you will be mine," she said with such a childish voice and her face was priceless; so much seriousness. She then looked at the clock and gasped. 

"I'm going to be late for school!" she shouted and ran to her room. I sighed and shook my head. 

"I guess she still is a girl after all," I snickered and crossed my arms. "At least she's back to being Jisu."

*end of flashback*

I cleared my throat and she turned around giving me a smile. I returned the smile and stood next to her. 

"You know, you don't have to make me coffee every morning," I said and she shrugged. 

"I'm an early bird, so its not a problem for me," she said and walked away to get my coffee cup from the cupboard. She turned around after grabbing my cup and grinned. 

"Besides, it makes it feel like we're a couple," she said. I scoffed a laugh and rolled my eyes. 

"Keep dreaming," I chuckled and she helped pour the coffee into my cup. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

"Just a bowl of cereal," she answered. "Would you like me to make you something? Maybe something to take with you for lunch?"

I shook my head and sipped my coffee before saying, "No, it's okay. You've got to head out in a bit so I'll just eat out for lunch today."

I glanced at her and she gave me an upset pout. Maybe she really hasn't grown up since then. 

"But if you want," I started to say making sure I got to see her reaction. "You can make me lunch to pack if you've got time."

She squealed and ran to the refrigerator, pulling out ingredients to make a simple and easy lunch. I snickered and continued to drink my coffee. I sat down on a chair by the dining table and read today's newspaper, but it wasn't really successful. 

Every now and then I glanced up to watch Jisu shuffle around to grab ingredients and materials. Then she began cutting up the vegetables with concentration. 

I leaned over the table and rested my chin on my palm. 

"A couple, huh?" I whispered to myself as I stared at her every movements and felt my pulse race. 

Gongchan's POV~

I arrived to school a little earlier than usual and looked at the door waiting for Jisu to come. Ever since she left Madame Jung's house, she's been happier and more open with us. Sure, it took her awhile to go back to being herself once everything with Madame Jung had ended, but what's important is that she's safe now. 

Sitting at my desk, I rested my chin on the palm of my hand and stared at the door. I didn't notice or pay attention to the girls surrounding me, but I patiently waited for her. 

After a moment, there was a familiar scent near by. I lifted my gaze up and turned around to see Jisu sneaking up behind me. *ba-thump* There was a pain in my chest. She slightly widened her eyes and tilted her head. 

"I was planning on scary you, oppa. Did you know I was behind you?" she asked, surprised, and I snapped back to my senses. 

"O-Oh, yeah...somehow," I said with my face heating up and I turned away, then looked at the door; she didn't come through the door. 

"How did you get in without me seeing you?" I asked turning back to her and she pointed behind her. 

"There are two doors, I hope you know that," she said and I mentally face palmed myself. Of course there are, one at the front and one at the back of the classroom. 

"I'm such an idiot," I whispered and buried my face in my arms. She still wasn't gone though since her scent was still lingering around me. 

"Are you sleepy, oppa?" she asked after a moment of silence. I shook my head without looking up. "Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I answered and the bell sounded off. I heard footsteps shuffling around and her scent disappeared. Slowly, I lifted my head up and saw her sitting in her seat. I rested my chin on my arms and felt my embarrassment settle down. 

"She's so unpredictable sometimes," I whispered and buried my face back in my arms. 

During our lunch period, the hyungs were all teasing one another while Jisu was sketching in her notebook. I bit into my sandwich and looked over her shoulder to see what she was drawing. 

She was drawing a scenery that was filled with stars. I remember how she told us that she wanted to see the stars considering that there aren't any here in Seoul. She must really want to see them. 

"Hey, I just realized that we never had a party for you Jisu! About you moving into your new apartment," Jinyoung grinned and Jisu stopped shading her tree. "We should do it after school-"

"We can't!" she shouted, her head snapping up. "I-It's really messy."

They narrowed their eyes at her like she was crazy. 

"So what? We've seen you messy before," Baro said sipping his banana milk. "It can't be that bad."

"B-but-"

"C'mon, let's celebrate," Sandeul beamed. I could see the ends of her hair stick out at the back of her neck; something wasn't right with her. She shook her head, saying they can't celebrate. 

"What's wrong, Jisu?" CNU asked with a gentle voice. "You're not hiding something are you?"

"Yeah, I mean, you did promise you wouldn't keep any secrets from us anymore," Jinyoung said concerned. She didn't say anything and shifted her gaze down to the floor. We all leaned forward as we know she was going to spill it all out. 

After a moment, she shut her eyes tight and said, "I'm living with Myungsoo oppa!"

Silence. A very long silence. 

We all leaned back and kept our eyes on Jisu. I don't know what they were feeling or thinking, but I didn't like it that she was living with hyung. I wasn't angry, but I wasn't happy either. 

"Myungsoo, huh?" Jinyoung whispered, breaking the silence. 

"Like hell can I have them live together! She's a high schooler and he's an old m-"

"So you were living with hyung~" CNU forced a smile while covering Baro's mouth, who was muffling; probably cursing. I guess they didn't know how to react or feel about this sudden news. 

"But it's better with him than having her live alone," Jinyoung smiled, sincerely. "Besides, it was him that got her out of that slave house."

"That's right!" Sandeul nodded with his gummy smile, then his eyes went wide with curiousity. "He hasn't done anything though, has he?!"

She giggled and shook her head. They sighed in relief and I, too, found myself sighing. 

"Oppa, has done nothing but good things to help me feel comfortable," she smiled. They smiled and gave another sigh, then the bell rang and we headed back to the classroom. 

Hours went by and everyone ran out the school, so done with the day. I wasn't in a rush to leave and so wasn't Jisu, so we walked out of the school together. Since we now live in the same building, I guess it'd be considered walking home.
The walk there she kept talking about random things, but I didn't hate it. 

"Oppa, you should talk more," she then said once she had finished what she wanted to say. 

"You know I'm not much of a talker," I lightly laughed. "Besides, I like listening to you talk."

She smiled and I felt my heart beat fasten. I slowed down my pace and she just kept on walking. I raised a hand on my chest and tried to steady my breathing. 

"Why am I always like this?" I whispered and she turned around. 

"Oppa! You're falling behind!" she called out and I caught up to her.