Chapter 12

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Myungsoo's POV~

I had gotten out of work early and went straight to pick up Miyeon at Woohyun's house. After picking her up, we decided to go visit my in-laws on the way home before school ended for Jisu. I buckled Miyeon into her car seat and drove off.

"Miyeon-ah," I said, wondering about something. "About Jisu...do you like her? As a babysitter? She's a bit immature and annoying. It's almost like you're watching her instead of her watching you, don't you think?"

I looked into the rearview mirror and of course, she wasn't listening and continued to play with her stuffed animal. I sighed and focused on the road when I noticed a familiar body walking around on the streets.

"Speak of the devil," I muttered and pulled the car over towards the sidewalk and rolled down the passenger's window. "Yah! Jisu!"

She stopped walking and slowly turned to look at me, then turned away. She walked away again, which kind of surprised me; she'd never walk away from me. I drove forward, following her on the side.

"Jisu-ah!" I called out to her. "Get in the car!"

And as told, she stopped walking and got in the car; so typical of her to follow directions. She pulled the seatbelt over her and I drove off.

"Why aren't you in school?" I asked, glancing over at her.

"I didn't really feel like attending school today, so I ditched," she softly said.

"You shouldn't be ditching school, especially when it's your last year of high school. You should start preparing for your exams, especially your university entrance exams," I said, getting no reply from her. "I don't like girls who don't have hope and no future."

"School is so boring oppa!" that got her talking. "We study all day! I hate it!"

"Of course that's all you're gonna be doing. Trust me, the adult world is much worse," I said, glancing at  her to see her pout. "If you're going to continue on like this, don't even think about liking me."

"Oppa~~," she whined like a child.

"By the way, why did you walk away from me when I called out your name earlier?" I asked.

"I was afraid you'd yell at me," she said, looking out the window. "So I walked away."

"Of course I'd yell at you," I said and turned the corner towards my in-laws house. Jisu sat straight up and looked at her surroundings outside.

"Where are we going? This isn't the way to your house," she said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"We're visiting my in-laws," I said as she gasped loudly. "Don't start assuming that I'm introducing you to them or something weird. I was already planning to visit them with Miyeon earlier today before you got off school, but since you're ditching you might as well tag along."

She didn't say anything, but her expression showed me that she was nervous. I drove up the driveway and turned off the engine. I got out of the car and headed towards Miyeon, who was already asleep during the car ride.

"Myungsoo-ah," I heard Mrs. Park's voice. I took Miyeon out of the car and grabbed her diaper bag as my mother-in-law approached us. "Luhan told me you were coming over, so I waited for you two."

"Sorry we made you wait," I smiled as she took Miyeon from me. "Is Luhan home?"

"Not at the moment, but he'll be home shortly," she said and headed into the house as I followed behind, but I didn't see the other girl. I turned around and saw Jisu, just sitting in the car. I waved my hand over to her to come out, but she shook her head. I scoffed in disbelief and headed towards the passenger's door and opened it.

"Come out, we'll be here for awhile and you'll suffocate in the car," I said, but she refused to come out. I got impatient, so I reached over her and unbuckled her seat belt and dragged her out of the car. "What's there to be nervous about any ways? It's just my in-laws and Luhan should be home soon, you and Luhan are close too, so there's no need to be nervous."

"But-"

"You have me too," I said and dragged her into the house.

Jisu's POV~

I entered the house with Myungsoo and saw how big and beautiful it was. I opened my mouth in awe and slowly twirled myself around to get a whole view of the house.

"Myungsoo-ah, I've put Miyeon in her crib, would you like-" the elder woman was saying when she saw me. "Oh~ who's this young lady?"

"She's Miyeon's babysitter, Jisu," he smiled, looking down at me then back to the woman. "This woman is my mother-in-law, meaning she's Haneul's mother."

"Nice to meet you," I said and bowed 90 degrees. She smiled at me and clasped her hands together.

"Since I heard you were coming over, I prepared lunch and there's more than enough for us all," she said and led us to the kitchen. I followed and stayed close to the back of Myungsoo. We sat down and came out a man from the kitchen; he was a bit round with a jolly face. He placed the food on the table when another man walked into the dining room; he was a tall and a bit thinner than the other man. He saw me and smiled.

"Who do we have here?" he asked, sitting across from Mrs. Park. "A friend of Myungsoo's?

"I'm Miyeon's babysitter, Jisu," I said and stood up to bow to him. He chuckled lightly and gestured for me to sit down. I took my seat and sat quietly, glancing up at Myungsoo, who was already enjoying his lunch. Everything looked so expensive and too elegant to eat that I just stared at it.

"Jisu-ssi, is the food not to your liking?" Mr. Park asked with a smile as I shook my head. "Then why aren't you eating?"

"I...I-"

"She's not familiar with these," Myungsoo spoke for me. I could tell he was forcing a smile.

"Oh? Why didn't you say so? We could make something else-"

"It's okay, Mrs. Park," I smiled awkwardly. "The food just looks too delicious to eat."

They both laughed.

"You're quite charming," Mr. Park smiled. "But the food is much more delicious than how it looks. Go ahead and try it."

I nodded and grabbed my fork, wondering how to eat it when Myungsoo leaned in close to me.

"What are you doing? Eat," he whispered, irritated.

"H-how do I eat it?" I whispered back as he glared at me.

"How? It's just baked salmon you idiot," he firmly whispered. "Just eat it like normal people!"

"But-"

"Aish," he muttered and grabbed my plate and fork. All he did was break the salmon into bite size pieces and handed the plate back to me. "You better eat it or else I'm going to kill you when we go home."

I nodded and slowly began eating as he smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Park, who have been watching us this whole time. I had to admit, the food was like heaven, probably even better. Myungsoo handed me a cup of water.

"Don't eat so fast or else you'll choke. Drink some water," he whispered and watched me drink it. "Also, don't eat so much or else you'll look fat in front of them."

At this point, I didn't care if I looked like a pig cause the food was seriously the best thing that's happened in my life; well it comes after meeting Myungsoo, but who cares. After a hearty lunch, we gathered in the living room as Miyeon was awake and running around. It started to get awkward again; Mrs. Park played with Miyeon while I sat next to Myungsoo and across from Mr. Park in silence, but of course the two talked to one another, so I was pretty much alone.

"Jisu-ssi, would you like to play with us?" Mrs. Park asked as I exchanged looks with Myungsoo. His expression said, "You don't need my permission."

I smiled and joined the two as they were playing with small dolls. Mrs. Park handed me a doll and smiled, "You're really pretty."

"Thank you," I replied with a slight head bow when Luhan walked into the living room.

"Oh, Jisu, you're here too?" he asked as I nodded and bowed to him. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

My heart pounded hard against my chest as his parents looked at me as well as Myungsoo.

"I-I'm not feeling too well, so I decided to take today off," I uneasily said with a forced smile.

"Really?" he asked and sat down extremely close to me. He placed the back of his hand on my forehead and tilted his head. "You don't seem to be having a fever right now."

I swallowed hard and slowly backed my head away from his hand. I took a glance at Myungsoo for a reaction, but there was none; not surprised. Time went by and Minah had come back from her tutoring lessons. I still was feeling jealous at the sight of her playing with Myungsoo, but I endured it for a bit longer.

"Don't you wish you had that kind of relationship with him?" Luhan whispered in my ear, startling me. I stared at him as he smiled with wink. I cleared my throat and ignored his question, secretly watching Minah and Myungsoo, but Luhan kept talking. "Did you know she's really good at hooking people up? Maybe she could help you and Myungsoo, like how she helped Woohyun and Haneul."

I looked at him surprised and asked, "She really did that?"

"Yup," he smiled. "She has some tricks up her sleeves to get people together. I'm sure she'd help the two of you."

I thought about it, but it sounded too absurd for me to ask for help; I mean, she's only 8-years old.

Myungsoo's POV~

I glanced over to Jisu and Luhan as they were whispering to one another. Jisu kept blushing while Luhan grinned at whatever conversation they were having.

"Have they been secretly seeing each other to be this close to one another?" I muttered while craddling Miyeon in my arms as Minah looked over at them too.

"Maybe they're secretly dating," she stated, making me laugh in disbelief.

"Jisu and Luhan dating?! You've got to be kidding," I purposely said out loud, glancing for their reaction, but they didn't stop talking or look over at me. I just sat there staring at the two.

"Oppa," Minah said, getting my attention. "Do you like Jisu?"

I widened my eyes and scoffed. "Why would I? She's not smart nor is she pretty."

"Then why would you care if she and Luhan were secretly dating?" she asked, making me blink several times. I didn't know how to answer that, but I came up with something anyways.

"Because it's fun to tease them about it," I said as she shook her head and crossed her arms. 

"That didn't sound like teasing," she said and looked at the two, making me turn my head towards them too. "It sounded like a jealous person."

I scoffed and shook my head at her. "I'm not jealous at all; I don't care if they date too, so don't bother me about their relationship."

I heard laughter at the corner of my ear and I looked at them again; I was starting to get irrated with them. The day went on and Haneul had come pick up Miyeon at Luhan's house. Jisu and I were on our way sending her home as the radio took over the silence, but that didn't last long when I turned the volume down.

"Since when were you and Luhan so close to one another?" I asked, trying to focus my attention on the road.

"Oppa and I?" she asked. "I guess you can say the first day we met. Why? Does it bother you?"

I scoffed and looked at her for a second before turning my head back to the road. "Why would it bother me-"

"Why would you ask if it didn't?" she said, cutting me off. I was taken aback and became speechless. "You wouldn't have asked if it didn't bother you."

I didn't say anything and just deeply exhaled. She and Minah are too much alike...repeating myself would be useless.

The whole car ride, Jisu wouldn't stop talking about random things, like school, her friends, Gongchan, Luhan, fairy tales and other weird things. I endured it the whole ride to her house, but even still, she wouldn't stop talking when we were right in front of her house. I didn't stop her though because I knew she was only trying to buy time before entering that house. I still didn't understand why I always felt uneasy sending her home and letting her into that house, but I prefered not to know if she didn't want me to know. We were in the car for 30 minutes before she ran out of things to talk about, but she still didn't leave.

"You do know we're in front of your house, right?" I asked as she nodded. "Then why are you still here?"

It took her a few seconds before she spoke. "I don't want to."

"Eh?"

"That house...nevermind, it's nothing," she softly said, almost like a whisper, and got out of the car. I followed after her and walked up the steps with her. She rung the doorbell and within seconds the door swung open.

"Jisu, you dam--oh~ hello Myungsoo-ssi," Madam Jung said with a bright smile after seeing me behind Jisu. "I see you brought Jisu back home. You didn't have to do such a thing."

"I know, but it's dark out and a girl shouldn't be coming home alone," I smiled as Jisu had quietly snuck into the house. I observed Madam Jung's expression and I could tell she was secretly glaring at her.

"Well, it's only a burden to have you do that-"

"It's no burden at all," I smiled. "If it was then I wouldn't be sending her home at all, would I?"

She didn't say anything and forced on a smile.

"I'll be going then," I bowed and walked away. As I was walking away, I looked behind me at the house and saw Jisu standing by the window upstairs. I waved to her, but she didn't return a wave, which shocked me; she would happily wave back to me knowing how much of a crush she has on me. I brought my hand back to my side and sighed when she turned her head as if someone had just called her name and soon she was out of sight. She must have been talking to Madam Jung, so I left the area and went home. As soon as I got home, I recieved a text from Jisu.

You don't need to send me home anymore. I'll be fine by myself if I take a bus or taxi. Thank you though, for taking up your time for me.

I stared at the text, having mixed feelings. What exactly is going through your head right now? Especially when I'm not around?