Chapter 21

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

3rd Person POV~ 

The car ride to Jisu's house was quiet. She kept fidgeting in her seat as she was the only one feeling awkward in this silence. Myungsoo was well aware of her movements, but he said nothing. 

After a few more minutes of the drive, he pulled up to her house. The lights were all off except for one and they could see a woman's figure staring out of the window. Jisu felt her heart clench and Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at the figure. 

"You didn't have to drop me off in front of the house," Jisu softly said, both aware that it was Madame Jung who was staring down at them. 

"Are you only saying that because you didn't want her to see you with me?" he asked and she hesitantly nodded. He gave a soft smile and leaned closer to her. "But I want her to see."

She widened her eyes and looked at Myungsoo who laughed at her reaction. He leaned back into his seat and sighed out the last laugh. 

"But I didn't do this to cause you any trouble," he said with a sincere voice. "I did this to show her that there's someone looking out for you."

Jisu felt that same feeling of joy and warmth in her again and she gently smiled up at him. He returned the smile and stretched his arm, placing his hand against her cheek. 

"Please call me if anything happens," he said with soft eyes and a concerned voice. She nodded and opened the car door. 

"Oh!" he said, making her stop midway out the door. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a bracelet. "I was shopping for the heck of it and saw this. It reminded me of you, so I got it."

She looked at the bracelet and smiled. 

He smiled and wrapped it around her wrist. Once it was secured, she ran her fingers over the smooth surface of the bracelet. 

"Thank you oppa," she said and waved to him. "Bye. I'll see you tomorrow."

He nodded and she shut the door; they both gave out a big sigh. 

She started walking up the stairs as Myungsoo noticed Madame Jung's shadow was gone. He didn't want to leave her, but he had to so he drove off right when the door flung open. 

"You dirty little . Don't tell me all this time you've been with Myungsoo-ssi?" Madame Jung growled; almost as if she was jealous. Jisu swallowed hard and shook her head. Madame Jung scoffed at her innocence and stepped closer to her soon leaning down, her lips next to Jisu's ears. 

"Whatever you're doing with him, he better be paying you well to pay off the debt you owe me," she whispered into her ears with a smirk. Those words sent a chill down Jisu's spine and Madame Jung pulled away with arms crossed. She gave one last nasty look at Jisu before turning away and walking to her bedroom. 

Jisu stood there frozen. She felt her eyes burn with tears and her heart hurt her chest. Her legs began to shake and she eventually fell onto the ground with a dull expression. 

"Oppa promised he'd come for me...," she whispered in her cry and ran a finger across her bracelet. "I should be strong until then. Get it together, Jisu."

She closed her eyes and let out a breath before getting up from the floor, heading up to her room. 

The next day, Myungsoo had left his apartment and headed straight to see his Lawyer. They met in his office with the door closed shut and their fresh coffee filling up the morning air. 

"Do you have all the documents and papers I need?" Myungsoo asked before taking a sip of his coffee. Lawyer Kim pulled out a folder and placed it in front of Myungsoo. 

"I have double checked the informations and documents. These are the ones you've requested, Myungsoo-ssi," he said with a slight head bow. Myungsoo set his mug aside and leaned over to examine the papers. After thoroughly looking through all of them, he closed the folder and looked at Lawyer Kim. 

"Thank you for taking the time to investigate all of this," he thanked and Lawyer Kim gave another courtesy bow. Once he looked up to meet Myungsoo's gaze, he had the urge to ask. 

"Why did you suddenly want to help this girl?" he asked with a shaky voice, wary of the reply. Myungsoo continued to stare at him before averting his eyes and softly smiling. 

"I don't know why myself," he gave out a breathy sigh. "Maybe because she's someone I consider important."

Lawyer Kim stayed quiet as Myungsoo continued to speak. 

"Because she reminds me of Woohyun hyung," he spoke in a soft voice; almost like a whisper. "But I won't make that same mistake of just protecting them from afar. I want to protect her and get her away from all of that before it's too late."

Lawyer Kim nodded at his words and looked at his watch. 

"Well, I've got a client to meet with," he said and got up from his seat. "Would you like me to accompany you later?"

"No. I want to go alone," Myungsoo smiled and Lawyer Kim gave a deep bow in respect to his decision. 

"Then I'll be taking my leave," he said and left the office. Myungsoo tapped his fingers on his desk and stared up at the clock hanging on the wall. 

"You won't have to wait any longer, Jisu. I'm coming for you," he whispered and resumed to his work. 

Hours went by and Jisu was just getting out from school. She didn't have to babysit Miyeon since she was over at Haneul's parent's house, so she thought it was best to go home. 

Myungsoo, on the other hand, was getting ready to head out. He had a feeling that she was gonna go home after school, so he quickly wrapped things up and headed to her place. On the ride there he was second guessing whether he should have had his Lawyer join him for intimidation, but it was already too late to have Lawyer Kim come. 

Jisu had arrived home and was immediately put to work along with verbal abuse, but she endured it...or at least tried to. 

Myungsoo had pulled up at the house and grabbed his stuff, exiting the car. He walked up the steps with heavy steps and banged on the door. Jisu and Madame Jung had heard it and they stared at the door. 

"Who the hell is it?" Madame Jung cursed under her breath before she walled to the door and opened it, revealing Myungsoo. She and Jisu were shocked to see him. 

"M-Myungsoo-ssi," she gasped. He gave her a cold glare before turning his attention to Jisu, who was still in shock. 

"What brings you here-"

"I've come to take Jisu away," he cut her off with a firm tone. She widened her eyes slightly, then narrowed them to glare at him. 

"You're going to do what now?" she growled. He smirked and pulled out the folder he had received from Lawyer Kim. Madame Jung didn't know what was in it and she didn't want to. 

"I have evidence of your abuse," he said and threw the folder on the ground in front of her feet. Her's and Jisu's pulse sped up. 

"W-w-what are you t-talking about?"  she tried to play innocent. 

"Whether it was physical or verbal abuse...abuse is abuse," Myungsoo spoke with confidence. "Not to mention, child labor; that's illegal in our country Madame Jung."

"Child labor?! Ha! I would nev-"

"Deny it all you want but I have evidence," he interrupted with a loud voice, overpowering hers. Her eyes shook in a panic. "If you don't believe me then look through that folder. Oh! Let's not forget! Kidnapping is also a violation to the law as well as faking the paperwork of adoption."

Madame Jung felt her breath stop as she stared right into his eyes. She was fidgeting now. Jisu stood there, confused and worried. 

"This is all some kind of joke! I adopted Jisu from a well known agency; I never put her in child labor! I've never abused her verbally or pysically!" Madame Jung shouted at the top of her lungs. "You have no evidence! Just false papers to wrongly accuse me!"

Jisu frowned and looked at Myungsoo as he gave a grin to Madame Jung. 

"Then what about this evidence?" he asked and she looked at him confused. He snickered and walked passed her to Jisu and grabbed her wrist that was wearing the bracelet. 

"You've got to be kidding me!" Madame Jung scoffed in disbelief. He smirked and magically pressed a button that was hidden in the bracelet. Loud and clear, they could hear Madame Jung cursing at Jisu as well as the sounds of slaps and Jisu crying. 

Madame Jung felt her stomach drop and fear cloud her, but she tried to stay evil. 

"You wouldn't report me. You're too scared to do it," she smiled like a maniac. Myungsoo clasped his hands together. 

"I've already gone this far to investigate all of this, so of course I'd report you," he grinned. Madame Jung widened her eyes and swallowed hard. "But, I'll make a deal with you."

"Oppa," Jisu finally spoke but it was barely audible. Not that he wasn't serious this whole time, but he was more serious than ever as he grabbed Jisu's hand. 

"I'll let you off the hook, if you give her up to me," he said and Jisu widened her eyes along with Madame Jung. "I won't report you. Instead, I want you to give me Jisu. I want you to pay for the amount of money you've stolen from her; I want you to suffer, not in jail, but with guilt."

"Please," she scoffed. "I'd rather rot in jail, than have to feel guilty."

"You're more than welcome to," he smirked. "Just know that what ever decision you choose, I still win."

Madame Jung felt the blood rush in her and she glared at him, but he didn't back down. After a moment, she broke off the eye contact and gave out a loud, irritated sigh. 

"Get out of my house, both of us," she quietly said with gritted teeth. 

"Gladly," he said and dragged Jisu out as she was still flustered about the whole situation. Midway out the door, Myungsoo turned around. "My Lawyer will be here 3 months from now to collect the money. If you don't have it by then, then your house is mine. If you're curious about the amount, please do look at the folder in front of you. I do have a copy of my own already, so I don't need that anymore...oh, this you can keep too."

He unsecured the bracelet from Jisu's wrist and threw it at Madame Jung, making sure to press the button to reply the conversations. 

"I've already built in a system into my computer to record all that's been recorded in that bracelet, so I also have a copy of the recordings," he smirked and slammed the door behind him once he was finished with her. 

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, they heard Madame Jung screaming and things crashing. Jisu looked up at Myungsoo as he looked down with an assuring smile. 

"You're safe now," he softly said once they reached his car. She couldn't stop staring at him and he embraced her. Although, she was afraid of the future, she knew she was safe now and hugged him back. The warmth and relief felt too real to be true, but she knew that she was in the care of her safe haven