Chapter 24

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Myungsoo's POV~

We arrived at my in-law's house after waiting forever on Jisu to get changed. I stepped out of the car first and glanced over my shoulder to see Jisu still sitting there. I knew she was nervous, but for what? It's not her first time seeing them, so why?

"Yah! Get out!" I called out and she pursed her lips like she was thinking about what to do. I sighed and walked over to the passenger door, opening it. "Why are you so nervous? Minah's waiting for you."

"I'm worried she might not like me," she quietly said.

"Are you kidding me? She's the most open-minded and most accepting person anyone can meet," I said and held my hand out to her. "C' mon, let's go."

"But what if I act weird?" she asked and I snickered.

"When have you ever been normal?" I wondered and grabbed her hand since she wasn't taking mine. I pulled her out of the car and said, "You'll be fine, Jisu. It's not the first time you've met any of them and they've liked you since they met you."

She bit her bottom lip and looked at me with her cheeks turning into a rosy shade of pink. I smiled and shut the door behind her, then we walked towards the door of the house. Before I rung the doorbell, I pinched Jisu's cheeks on both sides and said, "Please don't put any crazy ideas into your head thinking you're meeting my parents or anything. I know you well enough that you'd think that way, so there's no need to get all nervous."

She nodded and I chuckled at the way she looked with her faced stretched out like that. I let go of her cheeks and pressed the doorbell. I heard her deeply exhale and I knew she was overthinking this; besides, the only ones home are Minah and Luhan.

We stood outside for a few seconds longer when the door opened and I widened my eyes in shock.

"A-Abeoji," I could barely said and he smiled at me.

"Oh, Myungsoo-ah!" he beamed and I looked down at Jisu; she was frozen in her place.

And so the imagination begins.

Jisu's POV~

Myungsoo's father?! No. Way. I can't believe I'm going to be meeting his parents! Who would've though this day would come?!

"This must be Jisu," his father grinned at me and I couldn't say a single thing to him. "I have heard about you from Myungsoo's brothers and Luhan. You look  just as they have described you."

He knows me...he knows about me!

"Have they told you she's quite dull too?" Myungsoo scoffed and moved past his father.

"You haven't changed a bit," his father chuckled and I continued to stare at this man. "Well, come in, Jisu."

I nodded and smiled, still in shock, and he led me in. I was welcomed by the rest of the family and met his wife, Myungsoo's mother. Honestly, this might just be the best day ever to be meeting his parents like this!

Myungsoo came over to stand next to me and whispered, "You're getting way ahead of yourself. It's written all over your face."

"B-But-"

"Don't even," he whispered and walked into the living room. It's really amazing how he could read my mind like that.

After exchanging a few words witih Myungsoo's parents and his in-laws, I heard footsteps running towards me.

"Jisu unnie~!" I heard a little girl's sweet voice and I turned around to see Minah running towards me. She was in a pink dress like me.

Before I could say hi or even her name, she gave me a hug that made me stumble back just a bit.

"Honey, please don't run in the house and greet your guest like that," Mrs. Park said pulling Minah away form me.

"But I missed her," she beamed and smiled up at me. I couldn't help, but smile back at her.

"I understand, but greet her politely," Mrs. Park said and Minah pouted.

"Good Morning," she bowed to me and I giggled. I knelt down to her level and gently ruffled her hair, "Morning, Minah. It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

She nodded and suddenly hugged me again. She's too cute to not hug back, so I did...it's been awhile since I've hugged somone; it felt nice.

"Unnie, let's go to my room. I want to talk," she whispered and I tilted my head once I released her. "I want to comfirm something. It'll be our little secret."

"Secret? What se-"

"Shhhh!" she shushed me and I raised an eyebrow, confused. She turned to her parents as she grabbed my hand and said, "Please excuse us, I'm going to take unnie with me to play."

And with that, she dragged me to her room before I could even say anything to the adults. I glanced back to them all and they looked used to this.

We got to her bedroom and it was pink everywhere; a little bit too much pink. But I must say, she does live like a real princess, I'm quite jealous.

"Unnie, come! Let's sit on the bed," Minah said and we walked over to her bed. We sat down and I was surprised at how comfortable her bed was; it must be a high quality mattress.

"So...?" I started off and looked at her. "What did you want to confirm?"

She smiled and bluntly asked, "Do you like Myungsoo oppa?"

I gasped and widened my eyes, feeling my pulse race. She's amazing...how did she know?!

"H-How did you...? Is it obvious?" I asked and she giggled, cutely. I felt my face burn up and I covered my cheeks. "Oh gosh, if you know I like Myungsoo then I'm sure his parents do too, especially if I make it so obvious. Do you think his parents would disapprove of our relationship?"

That made her laugh even harder and she said, "Oppa's parents aren't like that...at least not anymore. But wouldn't you need his approval first? You can't just drag him into a relationship he doesn't want."

I blinked my eyes and realized that this was still only an imagination of mine...having Myungsoo as mine. I sighed and said, "As if oppa would approve, he doesn't like me. He's always angry at me."

Minah smiled and patted my back as if she was comforting me. 

"That's where I come in," she said and I raised an eyebrow at her, confused. "I'll help you with oppa. I'll make sure things work out between the two of you."

I widened my eyes and shouted, "What?! H-How are you going to do that?! And...and you're just a kid!"

She laughed, "Well, I did help Woohyun oppa get unnie, so maybe I can help you with Myungsoo oppa. It might not be easy though considering his personality, but it's worth a try. I mean, you are the first girl he's brought over, so maybe there's something special about you. Maybe he might already have feelings for you, but he just doesn't know it yet."

All the things this little girl was saying hit my heart in a good way...maybe there is hope afterall. Maybe I really can become Myungsoo's significant other...no, I must be an idiot to think that way. As if he'd fall for a child like me.

I smiled at Minah and brushed the ends of her hair with my fingertips and said, "I appreciate you wanting to help, but let's be realistic, he won't fall for me."

She blinked her eyes and made a sad face like I just ruined everything. She pouted and said, "I'm still going to help you no matter what. Besides, Myungsoo oppa is the type to fall in love easily, so it can't be that hard to make things work between the two of you."

I giggled and patted her head.

"There you go again, giving me hope," I grinned.

Myungsoo's POV~

I sat in the living room with my parents, in-laws and Luhan. Tea and snacks were served to us as my parents stared at me; they've been staring at me since I've arrived.

"Do you guys have something to say?" I asked, annoyed. They exchanged looks and my father smiled.

"Who is that girl? Girlfriend?" he asked and I chocked on air in disbelief.

"Who? That high schooler?! You've got to be kidding me, does it look like I'd date such a person?" I said in a hurried voice and the family laughed at me. "I'm being serious. Besides, she's only Miyeon's babysitter."

"Is that so?" my mother asked with a raised eyebrow, suspicious. "Why would you bring a babysitter around the family?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but she was right. Why did I introduce her to the family in the first place? She's just a babysitter...but then again, she is living with me now too. I can't tell them that though, they'll only get more suspicious of us.

"I brought her around because I felt like she needed to know Miyeon's family," I lied and they snorted at my reply, especially Luhan. Was my answer really not that believable? I mean, it's not like I was really lying about it. And why are they so certain that there's something between Jisu and I? Anyone can tell she's inexperienced in love and a complete weirdo.

The family continued to talk about Jisu, but I've already blocked them out at this point. I played on my phone and sipped my tea because there was nothing to do...this household is boring without Miyeon. Besides, I only came here because of Jisu. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have come at all even if my parents were here.

What is she doing anyways? Not once has she or Minah come out of the room since we arrived. I'm sure they're playing and getting along considering that Jisu's mentality is pretty close to Minah's. Wait, I shouldn't be worried about her anyways, she's under the care of Minah.

Hours went by and I was starting to get impatient since I had things to get done for work. My parents had already left for home and my in-laws left to run some errands; Luhan left me not too long ago either to join the girls. He asked me to go with him, but I'm not into those fairytale stuff if it involves Jisu because her imagination can get pretty wild if I'm there.

I looked at my wrist watch and stood up from my seat to get myself a cup of water in the kitchen. I walked in as Jisu was already in the kitchen drinking a glass of water herself. Our eyes met for a brief second before I turned away to fnd myself a cup.

"Are you having fun with Minah?" I asked as I found cup in a cupboard. I poured water in it and glanced at Jisu, she was smiling brightly.

"I am," she answered in a soft, sweet voice. "I've never had this much fun in my life before...it's a first for me."

I drank my water and leaned against the counter's edge, looking at her.

"Was it because of that woman that you never had fun?" I asked and she nodded. "Geez, just what kind of person is she?"

Jisu looked at me and smiled again, "But if it wasn't for you, oppa, I wouldn't be able to have this kind of experience."

I felt a thump against my chest and she had a sincere expression; an expression almost too mature for her.

"It's not just you, but Minah, Luhan and everyone else," she said and drank the rest of her water. She let out a sigh after swallowing her last drop and said, "Thank you for bringing me."

And with that, she washed her cup and walked away, returning to Minah and Luhan. I stayed in my position and felt my chest tighten a bit.

"Why is she all of a sudden thanking me...?" I wondered and sighed, setting my cup on the counter. I headed out of the kitchen and walked to Minah's room, hearing their voices. I opened the door slightly and peeked in to see them all laughing while roleplaying their characters. I chuckled at the scene and caught Jisu smiling widely as she laughed with Luhan. I stared at the two intensely until he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I caught the Princess-"

"Yah! Don't touch her!" I shouted without realizing it and everything went silent. All eyes were on me and I blinked my eyes trying to think of an excuse or something to turn their attention away. "A-ah...uhm..."

"It looks like the Prince has come to rescue the Princess!" Minah exclaimed in a low voice like she was narrating a story.

"What? But I'm the Prince-"

"Not anymore," Minah cut Luhan off and ran up to me, grabbing my hand. "Hurry, you must rescue Princess Jisu from the ugly troll!"

I was flustered and was dragged by Minah. She pushed me to Jisu and Luhan as I just stared at them with wide eyes. What did I just get myself into?

"Rescue her," Minah whispered, getting impatient. I looked at Jisu then to Luhan as he smirked at me, tightening his grip around her waist.

"Yeah, Prince Myungsoo, rescue your princess," he teased and I glared at him. "I'm going to steal her and make her my bride."

"As if I'd let you," I muttered and stomped over to him, pulling Jisu away from him and hid her behind my back. I grabbed Luhan by the collar of his shirt and pulled him to me, our nose close to touching one another. "I'll kill you if you lay another finger on her you ugly troll."

He was flustered and tapped my hand, "O-Okay, I get it! Just let me go!"

I let him go and glared at him as he continued to say, "Geez, you don't have to get all serious."

I huffed out a sigh and looked back to Jisu as she suddenly gave me a hug. I widened my eyes and felt a thump against my chest.

"Y-yah, don't hug m-"

"You saved me Prince Myungsoo!" she said, completely into her role. I blinked my eyes, unsure of what to do and looked at Minah, who gestured me to play along.

"O-Oh, yeah," I awkwardly answered and hugged her back. "You're safe now. With me here, nothing can hurt you."

She held me closer and said, "I know."

There was that warm feeling in my chest and I found myself embracing her tighter. For a second, I forgot we had an audience when Minah clapped her hands and said, "And they lived happily ever after! What a great ending!"

I quickly let Jisu go and gently pushed her away, turning my head away.

"We're done here right? Then I guess that's our cue to go home," I said rubbing the back of my neck and headed to the door. "C' mon Jisu, let's go home."

"Ah, okay," she obediently replied and we all left the room, heading into the living room. Jisu looked at Minah and smiled.

"Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun, Minah," she said and they hugged each other.

"You know, you looked like you were serious back there," Luhan whispered as he nudged me. "If you don't want me to touch her then just tell me."

I looked at him and said, "You can touch her, but there's a limit to how you touch her."

He snickered and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "How 'bout like this?"

I glared at him and elbowed his stomach.

"Okay," he groaned. "I got my answer."

I sighed and looked at Jisu.

"Let's go, I've got stuff to finish up," I said and she nodded. "Bye Minah. We'll come back some other time."

"You're gonna bring unnie back?!" she beamed. I snickered and ruffled her hair.

"Seeing how you two got along today made me see that you two need to see each other often, especially Jisu, so she could release her inner Princess," I lightly laughed and Jisu blushed.

"Bring her everytime you come," Minah smiled and I nodded.

Jisu and I left the house and the sun was already setting. We both got in the car and she let out an exhuasted sigh.

"You played too hard didn't you," I chuckled and she nodded with a yawn. "Sleep on the way home."

"I should keep you company though-"

"You'll only distract me if you're awake," I said and she pouted. I pinched her cheek and stretched it out a bit. "Just rest. I'll wake you up when we're home."

"Fine," she barely said it clearly. I let her cheek go and drove out the driveway. "Hey, again, thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"I don't know, for everthing I guess," she said and I looked at her as she closed her eyes. She smiled in her sleep and said, "Thank you for saving me."

I stared at her as we were stopped at a red light and I carefully brushed my fingers against her cheek.

"Why do you keep thanking me," I whispered. "It makes me feel weird...although it's not a bad feeling."