Chapter 23

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Jisu's POV~

Gongchan decided to walk me all the way up to the apartment and when I opened the door, I saw Luhan, Haneul and Miyeon. They all stared at me then looked at Gongchan. 

"Your boyfriend?" was the first words Luhan said while pointing at Gongchan. I widened my eyes and felt my pulse race, quickly denying it. 

"O-of course not!" I said and looked at Gongchan who just froze in his place. "He's just a friend!"

"Sure~" Haneul unnie grinned and approached him. "Hello, I'm Haneul. Go ahead and call me noona."

Gongchan bowed to her after introducing himself, but I knew he was still flustered. Unnie stood besides me and whispered, "I wonder what Myungsoo oppa would do if he saw you with him."

I looked at her with the same wide eyes and gasped a bit. What if he starts thinking that Gongchan and I are in a relationship?! That wouldn't be good at all!

"B-but we really are just friends," I continued to say with a blush and she giggled. 

"Okay, I get it. I won't tease you anymore," she smiled and patted my head. "Well, I've got classes to attend to tonight. Luhan oppa wanted to come see you again, so he tagged along."

She walked midway out the door and turned back to look at Gongchan. 

"It was nice meeting you, Gongchan," she beamed and was out the door. He just stood there, unsure of what to do next. Luhan was leaning against the wall staring at us with a sly grin. I knew he was doubting our type of relationship, but I kept my expression strong with the fact that there really is nothing between us. 

"U-uhm, well, I guess I should head out too," Gongchan spoke in a soft voice. 

"Awwh~ leaving already?" Luhan said, pushing himself off the wall. "Why don't you stay a little longer?"

"No, I'm okay. I have to study anyways-"

"Then study with Jisu!" he beamed and Gongchan rubbed the back of his head; a habit of his when he's hesitant. "Besides, she's been doing pretty bad in school. I'm sure you can teach her a few things."

I furrowed my brows with a pout and said, "How would you know I'm doing bad in school?"

"Its so obvious," Luhan laughed and looked at Gongchan. "What do you say?"

I looked up at him too and he started sweating; another habit of his when he's under pressure. I grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and he trembled a bit out of shock. 

"Its okay, you can go home," I smiled and he immediately nodded. He bowed a farewell and left without another word. I heard Luhan oppa chuckle behind me and I gave him another pout. 

"Why did you have to like that?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Because it's fun to tease someone who's in love," he said and I blinked at him. 

"In love? Who?" I questioned and he gave another shrug before walking away. "Oppa! Tell me!"

He sat down on the couch to play with Miyeon as I sat down next to him. 

"Tell me, who's in love?" I asked and he lifted a finger against his lips; he wasn't going to tell me. "Geez, why bring it up if you can't even tell me about it."

He laughed a bit and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

"That's for the person to tell you, not me," he said and rubbed my arm. Just then the door opened and walked in Myungsoo. He saw us on the position that we were in and he widened his eyes. 

"Yah! Get your hands off of her!" he shouted, shocked. I sensed an irritated voice in him too, but maybe it's just me. 

I felt Luhan's embrace tighten and I looked at him surprised. 

"Don't want to," he rebelled and Myungsoo's ears turned red. "But if you want me to stop, you're gonna have to separate us yourself."

I didn't know what was happening, so I stayed put and watched the two stare at each other. After a few seconds, Myungsoo sighed loudly and walked away to his room. The door slammed and Luhan loosened his grip on me. 

"Oppa-"

"Seriously, it's fun to tease someone who's in love," he laughed before letting me go. "Especially him."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, wanting to know so bad but he shook his head. 

"Its nothing," he said and went back to play with Miyeon. I slouched into the couch with arms crossed wondering what he was talking about. 

Hours went by and nothing much happened, just the usual of make believe play, sleep and food. Myungsoo didn't really come out much; only when he needed to recharge by playing with Miyeon. But then again, I am secretly living with him so maybe he's bored of me...?

Later that night, Haneul came and picked Miyeon up leaving me, Myungsoo and Luhan. The three of us sat quietly on the couch watching a variety show when Luhan yawned and stretched his arms up. 

"Well, I should probably head home too," he said and stood up. He looked down at me and smiled. "I'll take you home, Jisu."

I widened my eyes and gasped a little. I didn't know what to say...I mean, I am "home".  

"C'mon, let's go," he said gesturing me to get up. I looked at Myungsoo for help, but he was staring directly at the TV. 

"U-uhm, okay...," I quietly said and slowly got up when I felt a big hand grab my wrist. I looked down and saw Myungsoo gripping onto my wrist still not looking away from the the TV. 

"I'll take her hyung, you go on ahead," he said as Luhan snickered. 

"You sure?" he asked and Myungsoo nodded. "Well then, I guess. Oh~ by the way Jisu, Minah wants to see you again. I told her I was with you today and she was jealous."

"Really?" I asked. I'm not close with her and I do envy her for being so close to Myungsoo oppa, but hearing that made me happy. 

"Yep! She wanted to talk to you about some stuff too," Luhan smiled. 

"Ah~ then I'll have to come see her sometime!" I smiled back. 

"How about next Saturday?" he then suggested and I felt Myungsoo's grip tighten around my wrist. I winced in pain, but it was bearable. I nodded and Luhan continued, "Awesome! Then I'll pick you up at noon at your house!"

I froze once again and didn't know what to say. He seemed to have noticed it and tilted his head to the side. 

"Something wrong?" he asked and I quickly shook my head. 

"No, it's nothing," I waved my free hand. "Uhm, I'll come to your house myself. I remember the way there."

He blinked and was a bit disappointed, then nodded with a smile. 

"Whatever suits you!" he said and grabbed his sweater. "Then I'll see you Saturday!"

I nodded and he left without saying goodbye to Myungsoo; I guess they're used to saying goodbye like this. I sighed of relief that he was gone because I didn't know how much longer I could lie about where I lived. I flopped onto the couch beside Myungsoo and noticed his hand was still around my wrist. Not to mention, he still hadn't said a word.

"Oppa, how long are you going to hold my wrist?" I asked and he snapped his head up a little before meeting my eyes. 

"Oh!" he said and released me. "Sorry."

He must have zoned out this whole time. I gave him a worried look and placed my hand against his forehead. 

"You're not sick, are you?" I asked and he removed my hand away before standing up. 

"I'm fine," he answered and looked away. "By the way, are you really planning on going there Saturday?"

"Where?" I asked, wondering what he was talking about.

"You just had this conversation a second ago with Luhan," he said with disbelief and it came back to me. 

"Ahh~ to his house!" I said and he gave me a hard stare. I shut my mouth and pressed my lips together before speaking, "Of course I am. I have to since I said I would. Besides, I want to see Minah and hopefully become good friends with her since I wasn't able to the last time we met."

He was quiet for awhile. 

"Are you really going alone?" he then asked and I looked up at him. He wasn't giving me that hard stare anymore, his expression had softened. 

These past few days, Jinyoung oppa had been teaching me how to read the atmosphere, so I tried it with Myungsoo and asked what I felt in the atmosphere. 

"Did you want to come with me?" I asked with my heart racing. His eyes slightly widened and he cleared his throat. 

"I'll go," he quietly said and I swear, my chest exploded with happiness, but it didn't last long. He turned his eyes away from mine and rubbed the nape of his neck. "But it's only because I haven't seen my in-laws in the longest time so it'd be nice to see them again."

"Oh," I said, disappointed, but nonetheless I was going with Myungsoo so I was still happy inside. 

"Well, it's late. You've got school in the morning too, so get some sleep," he said and left me alone in the living room. 

I pouted and crossed my arms, muttering, "At least say goodnight."

*****

Days went by and eventually Saturday had come. I heard Minah's favorite color was pink, so I decided to wear a pink floral dress to impress her. As I was doing my hair, there was a knock on my door. 

"Come in!" I shouted and seconds later, Myungsoo walked in. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. 

"What's with the dress?" he asked since I rarely wear dresses. "Are you curling your hair?"

I pursed my lips into a pout and set the curling iron down. 

"I wanted to look good for Minah," I softly said and he scoffed into a smile. 

"Why? She's only a child," he said and walked over to me, soon standing next to me. He loosely grabbed a few pieces of my hair and twirled it around his fingers. 

"You look fine just being you," he said with a gentle, husky voice. I felt my heart race and my face began to turn red. He sighed and continued, "But I guess you can dress up once in awhile."

He was smiling as he said that and I couldn't help but smile back at him. He let my hair fall onto my shoulder and stepped away. 

"I'll head out to the car first, so don't make me wait too long," he said looking at me through the mirror. "Also, bring a thick jacket, it's getting colder by the minute. Winter is hitting soon."

I nodded and he left my room, closing the door behind him. I waited a few seconds before I buried my face into my palms and screamed. 

"I don't think I can handle this any longer!" I shouted. "Ah~ he's too much!"

Myungsoo's POV~

I sat in the car waiting for Jisu when my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it was my lawyer. I looked at my surrounding to make sure Jisu wasn't going to pop out. 

"Hello," I answered the call once the coast was clear. 

"Good afternoon, Myungsoo-ssi," he replied. "I called to give an update on Miss Jung."

Just hearing the name made me angry, but I spoke in a calm voice. "And?"

"It appears that she may be short in returning all the money on time. She has asked for an extension," he continued. "I've told her that we must keep our promise with you and come receive the money in two and a half month. If she does not have it by then then her house will be yours."

I sighed loudly and leaned in my seat. 

"Give her the extension," I said after a moment of silence. There was a small voice of surprise from the other end of the phone, but I wasn't able to pick out the word. "In all honesty, I am in no rush to receive that money. I'm sure Jisu isn't as well, so extend it to a year."

"Are you sure?" he asked, wanting to make sure I was making the right decision. 

"Yes," I answered with confidence. "Please pass on the message to Miss Jung."

"Yes, Myungsoo-ssi," he replied and we ended our conversation. I set my phone aside and let out a sigh. 

"Maybe a year is too long," I wondered and shrugged my shoulder. "Oh well."

I looked at the time displayed in the car and its been 7 minutes already. Jisu was seriously taking her time and I started to get irritated. I mean, who takes this long to get ready when you're practically ready?

I waited and waited for what felt like hours, but it was only 3 minutes. She finally came down to the car with her hair in a pony tail and in her casual clothes; she must have thought long and hard about what I said earlier. 

She got in the car and I just stared at her. She glanced at me and faced forward. 

"Why'd you change?" I asked, leaning over the steering wheel resting my arms on the top with my cheek on my arms. I gazed at her, but she wouldn't meet my gaze. 

"Oppa said I looked better as myself-"

"Yeah, but I also said its good to dress up once in awhile," I snickered and she started to blush. "Do you wanna go back and change? I'm sure Minah would be happy to see you in a pink dress; just like a princess."

She widened her eyes and looked at me. I just realized what I said and widened my eyes too, shocked at my own words. She giggled and unlocked the door. 

"I guess I'll change again," she beamed and left. I watched her disappear into the building and I let out a sigh, burying my face in my arms. 

"Geez, what am I saying...," I whispered and I felt heat emit from my face.