Chapter 17

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Myungsoo's POV~

After a few days, my question was unanswered and eventually disappeared. But I still didn't like the fact that Jisu and Luhan were so close to each other. 

 
Today was a relaxing day, a day without Jisu and Miyeon, although I wouldn't have minded Miyeon's presence. Haneul didn't have class for the day, so she was watching Miyeon. 

I have to admit though, it was really quiet and boring without the two of them in my house. I was actually starting to feel lonely just sitting in my living room staring at the blank tv. Not only that, but the rain and dark gray sky made the mood even more depressing. If I knew it was going to be like this then I would have stayed in my office to get a head start on some projects. 

It was also time for dinner, but I just sat on my couch staring at the empty kitchen hoping food would magically appear on my dining table. Staring intensely at the table thinking I actually had the powers to make food appear, it didn't work, so I deeply sighed and struggled to get off the couch. 

I walked over to my refrigerator and opened it to see a bunch of things I've never seen before. Only Jisu would know what to do with them for she was the one who had bought all those things. I stared at the ingredients for a good minute or two before I closed the fridge and decided to take an easier plan; eat out.  

I slid into a jacket and grabbed my umbrella, then headed out the door and down the hallway. 

Down in the lobby, I looked at the pouring rain and had second thoughts on whether I wanted to go out or not. Just seeing residents running inside the building made me not want to step out of the building at all. 

I felt my stomach grumbling, so I made my final decision to go and eat. Hunger comes first for today. 

I didn't live too far from a soup restaurant, so I walked there with my umbrella over my head. There was barely anyone out besides cars splashing water all over the place, but it was quite peaceful. 

I got to the restaurant in minutes, considering that I was walking a tad faster than I normally would and shook my umbrella before fully entering the place. 

"Good evening, sir," the waitress greeted with a smile. I just looked at her as she stared back waiting for a reply. 

"Are you not going to seat me?" I asked. She was flustered, hoping to get a greeting back and cleared . 

"Uhm, this way please," she said and led me to an empty table in the middle of the restaurant. There were quite a lot of people today, but they were only seeking shelter rather than to fill their stomachs. 

I had ordered my food, now was just a waiting game. I looked at my surrounding when my attention was set on a woman, Ms. Jung. She was with a younger man and they both seemed to have been enjoying their time together. But what I was more curious about was what Jisu was doing at this time. 

I stared at Ms. Jung and her possible boy toy. Eveb when my food had been placed on my table I kept my eyes on them for no particular reason. She and her man seemed to have finished their dinner and walked in my direction without being aware that I was here.

I didn't bother to enter in their atmosphere though and just watched them leave, arm-in-arm. Once they were out I scoffed in disbelief and shook my head at how ridiculous they looked together. Then I looked at the pouring rain and wondered what Jisu was doing again, taking sips of my ox-tail soup. 

"If I was Cinderella, what would I be doing at this time?" I sighed the question. 

Jisu's POV~

I heard thunder from a distance as I was running back from the grocery store and the rain was down pouring now. It was hard to see through the rain and the city grew dark and gray. 

I decided to take a little break and take shelter under an abandoned stall since Madame Jung's home was a bit far from where I was. 

I panted and tried to wipe my face dry with my soaking sleeves, but that obviously didn't do much. It was also cold to the point that I could even see my own breath. 

"I should've looked harder for an umbrella," I sighed and looked up at the sky. I sniffled and let out one last deep breath before grabbing the groceries and running back out into the rain. 

After a good 15 minute run, I finally got home just when I saw a young man walk out of the house. I cocked my head to the side wondering who he was. 

I approached the door just as he was coming down the steps and saw me. Although it was pouring, I managed to see a smile. 

I smiled back and bowed to him as he bowed his head and descended down the stairs, disappearing into the rain. 

I stared blankly into the rain then snapped out of it and turned back to the house, heading inside. 

"I'm home," I announced but no answer was given; not a surprise. I set the soaked groceries on the table and took off my jacket with a sneeze. I rubbed my nose and sniffled when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

I fixed myself and headed out the kitchen to greet Madame Jung. When I saw her, she was in a sparkly red tight fitting dress, which honestly did not compliment her body figure. 

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked as she put on a pair of diamond earrings. 

"Haven't I told you before to never question my whereabouts?" she firmly said without looking at me. I swallowed and apologized as she nodded and grabbed her handbag. 

"Make yourself dinner and clean up the mess you made at the entrance and kitchen," she said. "There's mud and water everywhere."

I nodded and bowed to her as she put on a jacket. 

"Oh~ and I'm bringing someone over, so I expect you to not be home and invade our privacy," she smirked. 

"B-but where will I go-"

"Anywhere!" she scoffed. "Sleep at park or something, I don't care at all! I just don't want you home tonight."

I swallowed hard and nodded. She grinned and there was a knock at the door. She opened it and there was a young man waiting with an umbrella. 

He was bulkier than the one who had left the house earlier and had a crooked smile. He saw me and was going to wave, but Madame Jung stopped him and dragged him away, slamming the door shut. 

I stood there for a good 3 seconds before turning back into the kitchen to put the groceries away, while still in wet clothes. 

Throughout the day, I cleaned the house and made myself some chicken curry, then resumed my cleaning duties. Once I had finished, I looked out the window at the rain that just wouldn't stop pouring. I sneezed and felt my body burning, but now wouldn't be the time to rest since Madame Jung would be coming home soon, so I had to leave. 

I grabbed my bag full of clothes that I packed beforehand and put on my rain coat, since I still had no idea where the umbrella was. I slipped into my floral rain boots and left the house. I had no idea where I would be spending the night and just wandered the empty streets.

Carelessly walking, I found myself in front of Myungsoo oppa's apartment building. His house was far from mine, at least an hour or 2 of a walk and yet here I was without noticing. 

Gongchan's POV~

I was just getting back from my piano lessons when I saw a girl standing out in the rain. She was completely drenched. 

I tried to approach her, but I backed out with each step I took. She looked cold though, but with my poor social skills, I couldn't approach her to the point where I was standing directly behind her; a few inches apart. 

I swallowed hard and reached my hand out to get her attention, but she turn around and I accidentally poked her eyes with my fingers. I gasped and dropped my umbrella to see if she was alright as she covered her eyes in pain. 

"I-I'm so sorry!" I panicked. "Sorry!"

"It's okay," she laughed, which took me by surprise. This laugh was so familiar though; it was a soft, sweet laugh like Jisu's. That's when reality hit me that it was her. 

"J-Jisu!" I gasped and cupped her face as she grinned with her eyes squinting. "I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, oppa," she laughed and rubbed her eyes. "I didn't know you were behind me though."

I felt my face flush and apologized once again when I heard thunder. I grabbed my umbrella and placed it over her. 

"Let's go inside and dry ourselves," I suggested and she nodded. 

We got to my apartment and my mom immediately filled the bathtub with warm water for Jisu since she was sneezing and was looking paler than usual. 

"You should be able to fit into my clothes, so I'll prepare some for you," my mother told Jisu from out the bathroom door. 

"Okay," Jisu answered back. My mother smiled and turned to me. 

"You can shower after her, but change into some dry clothes so you don't get sick too," she said and walked towards her bedroom. "I'll cook something warm to eat."
 
I nodded and she left for the kitchen. I stood in the hallway when Jisu stood in front of me. 
 
"You're not planning on standing in front of the bathroom forever, are you?" she asked with a sly grin. I widened my eyes and shook my head. 
 
"O-of course not!" I shouted and turned my head to the side so she wouldn't see my blushing face. I heard her giggle and she said, "I was just kidding oppa."
 
I swallowed hard and slowly started to walk away. "Quickly bathe, then join us for dinner."
 
She nodded and shut the door. I heard the shower run a few seconds later and my face grew hotter, so I ran to my room. 
 
I changed my clothes and laid in my bed, realizing that I just brought home a girl. Not to mention I had physical contact, but most importantly I wasn't nervous at all when that all happened. I stared up at my ceiling not believing this was happening. My dogs, Gong and Jolie, joined me on my bed and cuddled up against me. I couldn't stop my heart from racing as I continued to think of my bold actions earlier, especially when I cupped her face. 
 
After 15 minutes of just staring up at the ceiling, I heard a knock on my door. I got up from my bed and opened the door to see Jisu standing there in my mother's clothing and her hair damp. I felt my face flush at her refreshing appearance and cleared my throat. 
 
"I-Is something wrong?" I forced out the words. She beamed at me, like her usual self, and said, "Dinner is ready. Your mom said to eat first, then you can shower."
 
I nodded and she skipped off down the hallway towards the kitchen. I let out a sigh to calm my breathing and followed after her. 
 
I joined my parents and Jisu at the dining table and we began to enjoy our dinner. There was small talks here and there; Jisu making us all laugh to the point where we'd choke.
 
I couldn't stop staring at her and hearing her laugh. I've seen this side of her a bunch of times at school, but it was different today. I felt myself smiling at her even if her eyes weren't on me, but to my parents. I felt my heart race the more I stared at her and when our eyes finally met, I felt my heart stop. 
 
Jisu's POV~
 
Once dinner was done, Gongchan went to wash up and I had just finished helping his mom with the dishes. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was extremely late. 
 
"I should be heading out soon," I said with a gentle smile. His mother dried her hands with a towel and looked at the time, then turned to me to smile. 
 
"I didn't even know time went by that fast already," she said and set the towel aside. "I hope we didn't keep you here too long for your parents to worry."
 
I felt my chest tighten and forced a smile. "Its fine. I've already told them I'd be coming home late."
 
She nodded and we both walked into the living room where her husband was watching the news. 
 
"Would you like us to send you home?" she offered, but I declined. 
 
"I'm actually spending the night at a friend's house," I said, talking about Myungsoo, but of course he didn't know. I thought I'd just show up and he'd let me in. 
 
Her face was unsure, but I assured her that this friend lived in the same building. But even still, she asked me to wait until Gongchan got out of the bath to walk me. 
 
I sat with his parents on the couch and watched the news with them. Of course, I didn't understand what was going on as politics is my weakest point. After awhile, Gongchan came out ruffling his hair dry with a towel; for once he looked manly and I felt my face flush, but that didn't mean I felt attracted to him.
 
"Chan-ah," his mother called his name, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Walk Jisu up to her friend's apartment."
 
"Friend?" he questioned and looked at me, confused. I shrugged a bit and gave him the look that I'd explain later. 
 
He nodded and I got up, bowing my head to his parents and thanking them for dinner and for letting me stay for a bit. 
 
I grabbed my belongings and walked out of his place together, walking down the hallway. 
 
"This friend...is it Myungsoo hyung?" he softly asked. He slowed down his pace and looked down at me. 
 
I felt my heart race and looked up at him, then averted my eyes with a small nod. He let out a sigh and shifted his position. 
 
"So that's why you were just standing out in the rain, because you came to see him," he said, a lot softer than before. "But why? At this time of night?"
 
"Because I have no where else to go..." I whispered but he didn't seem to have heard it. I forced a smile though and beamed up at him. "Just because."
 
He narrowed his eyes, concerned. We both reached the elevator and pressed the "up" button. Soon enough, the elevator dinged and the doors opened. I walked in and turned around to look at Gongchan. 
 
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow at school," I said with a smile. His expression didn't change though. 
 
Just as the doors were about to close, he stepped his foot in, catching me by surprise. 
 
With wide eyes, I looked up to meet his serious gaze yet his voice was shaky. 
 
"If you're looking for a place to spend the night...come to my place."