Chapter 13

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

 

Jisu's POV~
 
I sat with Jinyoung and the boys during lunch as Gongchan was neatly separating his food from one another. I observed him carefully when he noticed me. 
 
"You're not judging me, are you?" he asked, blinking his eyes twice. 
 
"No, I'm just watching," I replied. "Why do you separate your food? Don't kids do that?"
 
"So you are judging me," he said and began eating. "I don't know, I have this OCD about my food touching."
 
"OCD? What is that?" I asked no one in particular. 
 
"Obsessive-compulsive disorder," CNU answered. "I don't really know how to explain it without an example, but it's like how Sandeul always has to sanitize his hands after touching almost everything."
 
"This whole world is filled with germs," Sandeul said, stirring his soup. I nodded like I understood what OCD meant, but I went with the flow. 
 
"Hey, are you still working as a babysitter with that old man?" Baro asked as I narrowed my eyes at him. 
 
"Myungsoo oppa is not and old man," I muttered. "Why?"
 
"Well, the place I'm working at us hiring and I thought you could come and work with me instead of as a babysitter," he said with a smile. "What I do is really fun."
 
"What do you do?" Jinyoung asked. 
 
"I repair cars," Baro proudly said with a goofy grin. They all stared at him with disbelief, but it sounded fun. 
 
"You mean, like, toy cars, right?" I asked as their jaws dropped. Sandeul clucked his tongue, CNU deeply sighed, Baro rubbed the inner corners of his eyes, Jinyoung scratched the back of his head and Gongchan just stared at me with his mouth wide opened. I blinked my eyes and asked, "Is that not what you do?"
 
They all exhaled together and Baro shook his index finger. 
 
"I fixed big cars, you know, the ones people drive in," he said as I made and "ah, I get it" gesture. 
 
"That sounds hard," I said, scratching my head. "I think working as a babysitter is more of me than at a place where you fix cars."
 
"But it's wrong for you to babysit at an old man-
 
"He's not an old man!" I shouted at him as students, who were sitting near us, stared. "Myungsoo is only 23."
 
"But-"
 
"Yah, stop using her," Jinyoung said, "gently" slapping Baro's head. "I know you're only asking my little sister to work there so that she can cover your shift! Can you really imagine this pabo to work at a auto repair shop? She doesn't even know how to start a car."
 
Baro rubbed his head and did a cheeky smile. "You knew?"
 
"Of course," Jinyoung said and looked at me. "As much as I hate you working as a babysitter, you're better off being that than working in a dirty place. I can't let your precious face get dirty."
 
I giggled and thanked him for his compliment. I slightly turned my head and saw Gongchan staring at me, so stared back with a smile. He turned away and continued to eat his lunch. These past few weeks, Gongchan has been more interactive with me, which is a good sign, but he still won't walk with me when I go to Myungsoo's; I mean they do live in the same apartment complex. 
 
Lunch ended and we headed back up to our classroom. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I rolled my neck to loosen my tense muscles and rubbed my temples to get rid of the headache. I wouldn't say I'm sick, but I'm pretty much getting there. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy and my body heating up, but I couldn't leave in the middle of a meeting with the staffs, especially when I'm sitting in the front. I leaned back in my chair and blankly stared at the screen in front of me, not being to clearly read the words or see the images. 
 
"Myungsoo-ssi, what do you think of this idea?" Mr. Choo asked as I snap out of it and stare at him. He patiently waited for my response as I look at the other staffs, who also waited. 
 
"Uhm," I start off, not knowing how to respond. "I think it'd be best if we put the idea off to the side for now and think of something more convenient. If we can't then we'll talk about this idea in more details."
 
They all nod in agreement and Mr. Choo dismisses the meeting. I stand up to stumble a bit in my steps to be held up by Mr. Choo. 
 
"Are you okay, Myungsoo-ssi?" he asked as I nodded. He released me and let me go. 
 
"If you're not feeling well then go home and get some rest," he said as I walked out the door. I headed to my office and laid down on my couch, breathing heavily. 
 
"This headache is killing me," I muttered, shutting my eyes. 
 
I woke up feeling a whole lot better and noticed that I had woken up in time to get home before Miyeon and Jisu would get there. I organized my papers and desk before heading out of my office and to the elevator. Once the elevator opened, I entered and headed down to the parking lot level. I got out and got in my car, heading straight home. 
 
I stopped at a red light and saw high school students heading home already, making me grin just a bit. She's probably waiting for me right now.
 
The light turned green and stepped on the gas, getting home in 10 minutes. I headed up to my apartment and inserted the key to smell something burning inside. I widened my eyes and swung the door open to see a mess. Jisu poked her head out the kitchen and uneasily smiled. 
 
"Y-you're home already?" she said. "I was making you some porridge, but it didn't start and end well."
 
I clenched my teeth together and walked into the kitchen to see even a bigger mess. Rice on the floor, pots and bowls scattered on the counter and water spilled everywhere. 
 
"Yah, if you can't cook then don't even try!" I yelled at her as she flinched at my sudden outburst. "Where's Miyeon?"
 
"I don't know," she said with that blank stare of hers. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt my blood pressure rising. 
 
"How the hell do you not know?!" I shouted, grabbing her wrist. "Where is she?!" 
 
"Oppa, you're hurting me," she said, struggling to break free. I hadn't noticed that I was gripping on her wrist and released her to see that my fingers had left a mark around her wrist, creating a bruise. 
 
"J-Jisu," I whispered, looking at her as she backed away from me. "I...I'm sorry."
 
"Get away from me," she softly cried and ran past me. 
 
"Jisu!" I shouted running after her. 
 
"Jisu!" I shouted, opening my eyes to see a woman in front of me. Her face became clear and it was my secretary. I widened my eyes and quickly sat up, feeling my head feel heavy and sweat along my neck and hairline. It was only a dream.
 
"Myungsoo-ssi, are you okay?" Secretary Han asked. "I thought you had left hours ago, but I heard you shouting, so I came in to wake you."
 
I was breathing heavily and looked at the clock; 6:46 pm. I widened my eyes and got off the couch to grab my blazer as I stumbled out the door. 
 
"Myungsoo-ssi!" Secretary Han called out. "Would you like me to drive you home?"
 
I didn't bother to respond, all I wanted to do was get home to Miyeon and Jisu, who I've left alone for 3, almost 4 hours. 
 
I stepped hard on the gas and got home within 7 minutes. I ran up the stairs and quickly inserted my key in to smell something burning. I widened my eyes and swung the door open to see a mess in the living room. Jisu poked her head out the kitchen and smiled uneasily at me. My heart was pounding fast; it was exactly like my dream. 
 
"You're home," she smiled. "I didn't know what to make for dinner, so I made porridge."
 
I walked towards the kitchen and saw that it was clean. I sniffed the air and the burning smell was coming from a pot. 
 
"Ah, sorry," she said, grabbing the pot. "I was too busy playing with Miyeon that I forgot about it, so it burned a bit. It's still edible though."
 
I looked at the burnt porridge and felt relieved, then my attention went to Miyeon. 
 
"Where is she anyways?" I asked as she put the pot back on the stove. 
 
"She's asleep in the guest room," Jisu replied with a smile, which made me feel more relieved. I heard her cluttering through the cabinets for a bowl, but since she's a bit petite, I reached over her for a bowl.  I handed it to her as she smiled and scooped up some porridge. 
 
"Since oppa was working overtime, oppa must be hungry," she said as I snickered and took a seat by the dining table. She handed the bowl to me and smiled. "I'm really good at making porridge, but because I wasn't paying attention, it might be a bit bitter."
 
"That's fine," I said and ate her porridge, which was a bit bitter, but it was good especially on a empty stomach. Jisu didn't join me, instead she cleaned up the living room. It would've been bad if the dream was true. How could I have hurt this girl and make her cry? Thank goodness it was only a dream.
 
After she had finished cleaning up, she later joined me and we had finished the pot of porridge, leaving enough to feed Miyeon later. I helped Jisu with the dishes and noticed her wrist as she rolled up her sleeves; it was bruised. 
 
"What happened to you?" I asked, staring at her wrist. She gasped as quickly rolled down her sleeves to hide it. "Jisu."
 
"It's nothing, oppa," she forced on a smile. "Jinyoung and I were just wresting and it didn't end well."
 
I furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed her wrist, pulling her sleeves up to reveal her bruised skin. 
 
"This doesn't look like wrestling to me," I said, concerned. "Are you being abused?"
 
She didn't say anything and pulled away. 
 
"I'm not being abused," she softly said. "Jinyoung and I were really wrestling."
 
"Jisu-"
 
"You're sick, aren't you?" she asked, completely changing the topic. "Your face is pale and I could already feel the heat coming from you. Go and rest, I'll bring you some medicine and water once I'm done."
 
"Yah, don't worry about me and think about yourself," I said as she looked at me. 
 
"Exactly," she said. "Don't worry about me and worry about yourself, oppa."
 
I was taken aback as she resumed to washing the dishes. I swallowed hard and clenched my fist, walking away to my room. I slammed the door shut and laid in my bed. 
 
"Why is she keeping it away from me?" I asked myself. "Does Jinyoung and her friends know something that I should know?"
 
I sighed and closed my eyes to calm my heart and mind when I had fallen asleep. I woke up 2 hours later to silence. I rubbed my eyes and walked out my bedroom to see it completely dark and quiet. I walked into the kitchen and flicked on the light to see a note. I opened it and it read:
 
You were asleep, so I couldn't give you your medicine. Please do take it though and get better, oppa~! -Love, Jisu
 
I sighed and took a seat, holding the note tight in my hands. Seriously, this girl. She must be the reason why my head hurts because I'm always thinking about her.