Chapter 10

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

3rd Person POV~

It was a weekend and Jisu was babysitting for the day while Haneul and Woohyun went out on a date. Myungsoo was busy working, so Jisu and Miyeon were pretty much alone together at his house. Jisu and Miyeon didn't do much besides eat and draw, then sleep and so on. Without Myungsoo around, it was boring for the both of them. 

"Miyeon-ah, when do you think Myungsoo oppa's going to be back?" Jisu asked, tapping her pencil on the table. "Do you think it's soon?"
 
Miyeon only being a year old, she talked to Jisu in her own language, as if Jisu understood her. She couldn't help but smile at Miyeon's baby talk and pinch her chubby cheeks. 
 
"How could such a cute baby like you exist?" she chimed and patted Miyeon's head when the doorbell rung. "Is it Myungsoo?!"
 
Jisu stood up and headed towards the door without looking to see who it was. She opened the door and appeared 5 men in front of her. 
 
"Who are you?" they all chorused, including Jisu. 
 
"Ahh~ you must be that babysitter! I'm Sungyeol, Myungsoo's brother," he said with a smile. She only stared at him, which made him feel awkward so he cleared his throat and nudged the others to talk. 
 
"I'm Sunggyu, the eldest brother," he said with a light head bow. One by one they introduced themselves as she did too. 
 
"Jisu? That's a pretty name," Dongwoo said with a big smile. Jisu just nodded and let them in as Miyeon ran up to them. Hoya picked her up and sat down, looking at all the drawings. 
 
"Uwah~ are these drawings yours Jisu?" he asked, looking through the pictures she drew. She nodded and sat down far away from him. "These are awesome! Are you going to an art school?"
 
"No, I go to Destiny High School," she said. "But I've always wanted to go to an art school."
 
"You should," Sungjong encouraged, looking through her drawings. "These are like professional drawings."
 
Jisu smiled and thanked him. 
 
"Even if I applied at the school I want to go to, I wouldn't be able to attend," she said with a soft smile. 
 
"Why not?" Hoya asked as he laid his chin on Miyeon's shoulder. 
 
"I don't have the money," she answered. "I don't come from a wealthy family...I don't have family as a matter of fact, so I wouldn't be able to get in due to the expenses. The money I make can only help me survive and to pay off my rent debts."
 
"Oh...I'm sorry for evening asking even on our first meeting; you wouldn't have brought all of that up," Hoya said, but she smiled and shook her head. 
 
"No need to be sorry," she softly smiled and piled up her drawings. "Drawing is just a hobby anyways, so I guess I don't need to attend an art school if its just a hobby."
 
They nodded, understanding and waited together for Myungsoo while playing with Miyeon. They even got to know one another a little bit better, but even with 5 men around Jisu, her heart didn't waver. They waited when the house phone began ringing, so Jisu left the others and picked up the phone. 
 
"Hello?" she answered. 
 
"Yah, what are you doing now?" she heard Myungsoo ask. Her heart immediately responded to his voice and she became breathless. "Yah! Did you hear me?! I asked what you're doing right now!"
 
"I-I'm talking to you right now," she said, holding in her excitement. On the other line, he scoffed and rubbed his temples. 
 
"That wasn't really the answer I was expecting, but I'll take it," he said with a sigh. "Where's Miyeon?"
 
"She's with the others," she answered. Myungsoo sat straight up in his seat and furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"Others? Who?" he asked as she looked at his brothers. 
 
"I don't really know them, but-"
 
"YAH! DON'T TELL ME YOU BROUGHT STRANGERS INTO MY HOUSE!!!" he shouted over the phone. 
 
"I had no choice, but to let them in," she innocently answered as he widened his eyes. 
 
"Listen to me very carefully. Take Miyeon away from them, I don't want anyone of you two hurt and go lock yourself in the guest room. I'm on my way now and if they try to talk to you or hurt you, you have every right to hurt them!" he quickly said and hung up, running out of his office. 
 
Jisu stared at the phone and hung up. 
 
"Why would his brothers want to hurt me?" she blinked and walked over to them. She took Miyeon away from Hoya as they looked at her, confused. "Myungsoo oppa told me to take her away from you and to lock myself in the guest room with her."
 
"What?" Hoya asked in disbelief. "Why would he tell you that?"
 
"I don't know myself, but I'm going to do whatever he tells me to do, so don't talk to me or try to get in the room because I will hurt you," she said and walked away, leaving them speechless. 
 
"I don't believe this," Sunggyu scoffed. "Why would Myungsoo tell her to stay away from us? We've changed, we won't hurt her."
 
They all shrugged and continued to watch a soccer game on the TV. 
 
Myungsoo wasn't far from the apartment, stuck at a street light and anxiously tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. As soon as the light turned green, he stepped on the gas and within minutes, he was at the apartment building. He ran out of his car and ran into the building. Once he reached the elevators, he continuously pressed the "up" button, but it was too slow for him. 
 
"Come on dammit!" he shouted and saw that the elevator had stopped on the 5th level, so he had no other choice than to take the stairs. He ran up the flight of stairs without stopping and reached his level. He ran down the hall and aggressively knocked on the door. He was in too much of a rush that he couldn't properly enter his pass code on the lock until the door opened. 
 
"Oh, hyung," Sungyeol said as Myungsoo stared up at him. "What are you do-"
 
"What are you doing here?" he asked, glaring at Sungyeol. He pushed himself in and saw the rest of them. "Where's Jisu and Miyeon?"
 
"According to you, they're locked in the guest bedroom," Sungjong said, not taking a look at Myungsoo bye furrowed his eyebrows and headed towards the bedroom, knocking on it. 
 
"Jisu! Miyeon! Come out, it's Myungsoo!" he shouted and within seconds the door flung open. Miyeon was fast asleep on the bed as Jisu just stared at Myungsoo. 
 
"You're here," she said with a smile. "I was going to tell you that your brothers were here, but you hung up and I followed your directions. I was a bit confused to why I should take Miyeon away from-"
 
"You idiot," Myungsoo through clenched teeth. "Why did you make it sound like there were strangers in my house?"
 
"Well, they are strangers to me...," she softly said, sensing that he was pissed off, so did the others. 
 
"Myungsoo-ah, don't get mad over this. We overheard her talking on the phone too and she was right. She doesn't know us and we did sort of walk in without her permission," Dongwoo said, grabbing his shoulders. "At least she did as she was told, right?"
 
"She could have gotten hurt if there really was random men in the same room as her," he said, glaring at her. She swallowed hard and avoided his eyes. 
 
"Well she's not," Sungjong said. "She's perfectly safe, especially since she's with us."
 
"You don't understand!" he shouted at Sungjong. "You don't understand how worried I was about the two! I would have had to take responsibility for them if something was to happen!"
 
"I-I'm sorry I made it seem like there were some strangers here," Jisu softly said biting her bottom lip with her eyes tearing up. "I didn't even ask who it was when I heard the door bell, I didn't even look to see who it was. Something bad could have happened to us because of my carelessness, so I'm sorry."
 
Myungsoo clenched his jaw and deeply exhaled. He glared at Jisu and said, "Go home."
 
"Eh?" they chorused as Jisu looked up at him.
 
"I said go home. My brothers are here anyways, so they could watch over Miyeon," he said and headed towards the door. "I even left work for nothing. I was worried over nothing."
 
"Yah, Myung-"
 
"Make sure she leaves," Myungsoo said, cutting Hoya off and left. Walking down the hallway, he slowly exhaled and opened the door to the stairs. He slid down the door and leaned his head against the door. 
 
"Worried over nothing?" he softly asked himself. "Letting her go home is worry me right now."
 
Jisu slowly inhaled and looked up at the others. She was able to smile and say, "Im going home. Take care of Miyeon, okay?"
 
"You don't have to go. Myungsoo won't even know you're still here," Sungyeol softly said, but she shook his head. 
 
"I hate disappointing others, I don't want to disappoint him anymore...I don't want him to hate me more than he already does now," she said with that forced smile. "So I'm going to do whatever he tells me to do, even if it's to leave for good, I'll do it."
 
"Jisu-ah, you don't hav-"
 
"It was nice meeting you all oppas," she said. "You all seem like nice people...well, I'll be going now. Tell Myungsoo I'm sorry."
 
She bowed to them and walked out of the door as they watched her leave. 
 
"She's such an innocent girl," Dongwoo pitied. "He was too hash towards her."
 
The others nodded as she entered the elevator, with the doors closing. She hung her head and couldn't stop thinking about how Myungsoo yelled at her, which made her heart ache even more. 
 
"Oppa must really hate me now," she whispered when the elevator door opened to the lobby. She stepped out when someone grabbed her wrist. 
 
"I'll take you home," she heard his voice. She turned around and saw Myungsoo, who didn't meet her eyes and avoided them. "It's faster this way than you walking all the way home."
 
She didn't know how to react, but all she could do was smile and nod, saying she was fine with him taking her home. They both walked to his car and got in as he started the engine. He drove off as they sat in silence. 
 
"I'm sorry," he said, breaking the silence. "I didn't mean to shout at you."
 
"It's okay," she said, looking out the window at all the buildings passing by. He took a glance at her and sighed. 
 
"I'm being serious, I didn't mean to raise my voice," he said. She didn't respond. "I also didn't mean to make you tear up. I jumped into conclusions without hearing you out and yet you apologized first even when you didn't do anything wrong."
 
"It's okay," she said once again. He took another look at her and swallowed hard. 
 
"Do you hate me now?" he asked as she finally looked at him. 
 
"Why would I hate you?" she asked as he shrugged his shoulders. 
 
"Because of all the things I said?" he asked. 
 
"Do you think I'd hate you because you were worried about me and Miyeon? Who would hate a person because they worried about them?" she asked as she turned to look at her, meeting her eyes. "Besides, I can never hate the person I love when he hasn't done anything bad to me."
 
He looked away and concentrated on the road. He felt his heart ache just thinking about what she had said. 
 
"Does oppa hate me?" she then asked. He blinked his eyes and turned the corner, getting closer to her house. 
 
"I don't hate you at all," he admitted as she looked at him, shocked. "Sure you're a bit dense and all, but I don't hate you. I guess you could say, those are your charming points."
 
"Really?" she asked with a bright smile as he nodded. 
 
"I don't think I can ever hate a person who has such a pure and innocent heart," he said with a soft smile. "Especially someone who I'm always worrying about."
 
She smiled at his statement and couldn't stop smiling. They had reached her house and walked up the steps together. They stopped in front of the door and before she could knock on the door, he asked, "Will you be okay?"
 
"Of course I will, why?" she asked as he looked at the house. 
 
"I was just asking," he said with a smile. "I'll see you Monday then. Call me if something happens."
 
"If something happens?" she asked as he nodded. "Is something going to happen?"
 
He chuckled and ruffled her hair.
 
"Just go inside," he said and walked away as she stood there, watching him leave to see that he would keep glancing back to her. She smiled and waved to him. 
 
"Does he know about the lifestyle I'm living?" she asked herself as she waved at him. "Is that why he's so worried about me and telling me to call him if something were to happen?"
 
She stood there a bit longer when the door flung open. 
 
"What the hell are you doing out here?! You've stood there long enough! Come in and clean up Kitty's litter tray, also, go hang up my clothes to dry," Madam Jung demanded as Jisu nodded and entered the house. 
 
After 2 more hours of work, he drove to Jisu's house and sat in his car, looking at her house when he got an incoming call from Sunggyu.
 
"Hel-"
 
"Where are you? I thought you were coming home 30 minutes ago?" he asked as Myungsoo turned off his engine. 
 
"I'm sleeping out tonight. Did hyung and Haneul pick Miyeon up already?" he asked. 
 
"Yeah, like an hour ago," Sunggyu replied. "You shouldn't be sleeping out too much. Where exactly are you?"
 
"At a girl's house," he snickered. 
 
"Yah! Why a girl?! Are you doing someth-"
 
"It's not that hyung," Myungsoo chuckled. "I'm just worried about her, so I'm watching over her for tonight."
 
"I don't know if I should believe you or not," he snickered. "Well, we'll lock the doors once we leave. Oh and about Jisu, don't you think you were a bit hard on her? She is only a high schooler who's still learning."
 
"I know," he said with a soft smile while looking at Jisu's house. "I already apologized to her, so don't worry about it."
 
"Okay," Sunggyu said and yawned. "Well if you don't mind, we're actually going to sleep here."
 
"I don't care, just don't mess up the apartment," he said and hung up, then sighed. "I wonder how long it'll take for me to stop worrying when you look perfectly fine?"