Chapter 20

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

3rd Person POV~ 

It's been 3 days since the incident and Jisu's face was finally clearing up. None of her friends knew what had happened to her and they always questioned where she was by calling and texting her, but she always had an excuse. Myungsoo had been doing everything he can to help her. 

One day when Jisu was home alone with Miyeon, she received a call from Madame Jung. She was hesitant to pick up, but she knew if she didn't then Madame Jung would eventually find her and the consequence wouldn't be good. She swallowed hard and separated herself from Miyeon to talk on the phone. 

"Hello," she quietly answered the phone. 

"Yah! Where the hell have you been?!" Madame Jung screamed into the phone. Jisu winced a bit at the sudden outburst and cleared . 

"I've been staying at a friend's house," she half lied with hesitation in her voice. She was so scared and so nervous that her lips even trembled at bit. 

"Well you better get your sorry over here. I'm not done with you," Madame Jung growled, almost like a crazy woman. 

Jisu slightly widened her eyes and her heart began to bang against her chest, hurting her. She didn't want to go back; she didn't want to see her. 

"Come now or I will find you and drag you back!" she screamed into the phone and Jisu's tears finally slipped out. 

"O-Okay! I'll be there!" she cried and hung up. She clenched onto her phone and shook her head. "What am I going to do? I shouldn't have answer."

She cried and hugged herself when she realized she was at Myungsoo's house and Miyeon was just in the other room. She composed herself and gave out a big sigh before returning to Miyeon's side. 

Hours went by and Myungsoo was just returning home. He loosened his tie once he entered his apartment and slipped into a pair of slippers. 

"I'm home," he announced with a tired, low voice and Miyeon was the first to greet him. He happily accepted her and held her in his arms to search for Jisu. 

He saw her sitting on the couch in a daze; her eyes were a bit dull and her expression was clouded. Myungsoo was extremely worried about her and so he set Miyeon down, moving to sit next to Jisu. 

"I see your bruise is gone, that's a relief," he said with a warm smile and reached his hand up, gently her face. "It doesn't hurt, does it?"

"No," she quietly replied along with a head shake. 

"That's good," he softly spoke and trailed his fingers down to her chin, lightly turning her face to face him. Once their eyes met, she began to tear up. He wasn't surprised to see this side of her anymore and scooted closer to her. 

"What's wrong now?" he asked, narrowing his eyes in concern. She turned away and shook her head. 

Since then, she's been a whole lot quieter; not her usually cheerful self. It always worried him to see her like that. 

"Jisu, tell me," Myungsoo pleaded. "Tell me what's wrong, so I know how to help you."

She swallowed hard and tried to find the words she wanted to say, but wasn't able to. After a moment, she calmed down and glanced over to Myungsoo who patiently waited by her side. 

"She called...," she began and Myungsoo felt his blood rush. "She told me to go back."

"And?" he questioned, wary of her response. She looked down and sniffled. 

"I told her I'd return-"

"You can't!" he shouted and abruptly stood up. His loud voice scared Miyeon, who was peacefully playing with her doll this whole time. He didn't seem to notice her though and continued, "you can't return to her, Jisu! You don't know what she'll do next!"

"But she'll find me and it'll be worse if she did!" she was now raising her voice with tears flowing out once again. "I didn't want to go, but she threatened me! What am I supposed to do?!"

Myungsoo felt his body heat up in anger at the thought of Madame Jung and he let out an angry groan. Jisu cried and covered her face with her palms. 

"You know I can't hide from her forever," she whimpered. "I can't...."

He felt his chest squeeze and he knelt down in front of her. He grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away from her face. 

"But you can't return to her, Jisu," he pleaded with a calm voice. "I don't want you to get hurt."

She shook her head and whispered, "I have to go back."

He clenched his jaw and pulled away from her. 

"Are you going back tonight?" he asked, looking away from her. 

"Yes," she said. "And I'll go alone."

"Dammit Jisu, I told you to rely on me," he firmly said and walked away, locking himself in his room. 

"I'm sorry," she softly cried once she heard the door slam shut. 

After that, they didn't speak to each other and Haneul had come to pick Miyeon up. She saw Jisu's hurt expression and asked, "Are you okay?"

Jisu was looking down at the floor and nodded. Haneul frowned and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"If you're not then talk to me," she said in a soft, sweet voice and Jisu nodded. "Well then, tell Myungsoo I said hi. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have a good night," Jisu said and bowed to her and Miyeon as they left. She gave out a breathy sigh and looked towards the hallway to Myungsoo's room. With a deep inhale, she walked towards his room and knocked on the door. 

No response. He was laying in bed in deep thoughts. 

"Oppa," she said. "I'm heading out...thank you for everything. I'll be sure to repay you. Goodbye."

After a moment of silence, she started to walk away when she heard his voice from the other side of the door. 

His back was pressed up against the door, his head hung and he spoke in a low voice. 

"I'll come for you," he said loud enough for her to ear it. She felt her breath stop for a second. "I promise I'll come for you, so wait for me."

Jisu was sure that she could hear her heart beating at the silence. 

"You'll wait, right?" he asked after hearing nothing. Although the door separated them, he glanced over his shoulders at the closed door as if he was looking at her. 

"I'll wait," she replied and he gave a faint smile. 

"I won't make you wait too long," he said. "Well, you should leave."

She nodded even if he hadn't seen it. She her heels and started to walk away. Her heart still raced and she placed a closed fist against her chest with her face flushed. 

"What are you planning to do?" she whispered with a worried look as she walked out of the building. 

She took her time to get back to Madame Jung's place. With every step closer, she felt her stomach tighten and anxiety rise in her. Soon enough, she was standing in front of the house. 

Slowly walking up the steps, she knocked on the door and a moment later the door opened and appeared a beast. Madame Jung had been drinking the past few days and had never cleaned herself; she reeked of alcohol and urine. Her hair was a mess; she was in a silk gown with a robe loosely hanging off her body. 

"You finally decided to show yourself," Madame Jung slurred her sentence. "Do you not know how much you've caused me?"

Jisu felt her eyes burn with tears, but she endured it, at least for now. 

"Get your dirty in here," Madame Jung snarled and forcefully pulled Jisu in by the arm. By the sudden force, Jisu stumbled and fell on the cold floor. 

"While you're down there, ask for forgiveness," she smirked and Jisu looked up at her with a frown. "You should apologize for ruining my life, you wench. Get on your knees and plead."

Jisu swallowed hard and shook head, refusing to apologize. Madame Jung didn't like that one bit and slapped her on the head. Jisu was silently crying while hiding behind her hair. 

"You're an eyesore," Madame Jung cringed and walked away. "Clean up all the mess since you're here."

Jisu regretted her decision to come but she knew Myungsoo was coming for her. She trusted him and decided it was best to wait for what he had in mind. 

The past few days, Jisu went to school trying to go back to being herself. Jinyoung and the others knew something was wrong, but they didn't know how to bring up the subject. Jinyoung knew he had to get it out of her though, somehow. 

"Jisu," he softly said her name, interrupting her little story after school when they were hanging out at a park. "Did something happen the past few days?"

She gave no reaction, but her body tensed up. 

"I grew up with you and yet you can't be honest with me...with us," he said with disappointment. The others nodded and she lowered her head. 

"I know you don't want us to worry about you, but hiding it makes us even more worried," Baro spoke in the most gentlest voice they've ever heard and with that she started bawling, telling them everything. 

They were furious, yet so heartbroken at what had happened to her. Some even became teary eyed at the painful voice she used. 

Jinyoung hugged Jisu as she clung onto him. He rubbed her back with gentle gestures and shushed her in a soothing voice. 

"Thank goodness Myungsoo hyung was able to help you," Sandeul sighed wiping his eyes dry. 

"We're here for you," Jinyoung whispered with the others nodding. "Please depend on us more."

She nodded and hugged him tighter. Throughout the day they tried to comfort her anyway they could and it started to work as she slowly started to laugh and smile like herself. With their jokes and silly gestures, she finally was herself again. Of course, she still was worried about her situation, but she knew she was safe with them just as much as she was safe with Myungsoo. 

A week later...

Jisu was babysitting Miyeon while Myungsoo was locked up in his room, looking over documents and other papers for his work. They still haven't talked to each other since that day, but it wasn't awkward for them to give each other glances and turn away from one another. 

As the day turned to night, Woohyun came by to pick his daughter up. He decided to hang out for a bit, but there really wasn't much "hanging out" happening. The room was silent as he and Jisu sat on the couch and watched Miyeon play on the ground with her dolls. 

The clock ticked every second that passed, yet none of the two made a sound. It was awkward. 

Jisu could have left any time she wanted to, but she wanted to avoid going to Madame Jung's house as much as possible. 

"Hey," Woohyun spoke first, breaking the silence. Jisu's head snapped up and looked at Woohyun, his eyes on Miyeon. "What's your relationship like with Myungsoo?"

She widened her eyes and covered her cheeks just in case it decided to turn pink. He glanced at her and chuckled. 

"You don't have to answer me, I was just curious," he grinned and leaned his body over his legs, resting his elbows on his knees. Jisu bit her bottom lip and averted her eyes down to the floor. 

"Can I tell you something?" he asked with a serious expression on his face. She nodded in response. "I think Myungsoo has grown fond of you."

She almost forgot how to breathe and gasped a little. 

"W-Why do you say that? He would never like a girl like me," she forced out a laugh. Woohyun snickered and turned to face her. 

"He might have told you that, but he falls in love easily," he said. "And I know when he is."

Jisu didn't know whether to believe him or not. Woohyun saw right through her though. 

"You don't have to believe me," he smiled and turned to watch Miyeon. "But I've never seen him like this."

She was now confused and tilted her head to the side asking, "Like what?"

"I'm sure you haven't noticed it, but lately he's been seeing his lawyer," Woohyun sighed and Jisu felt a jerk in her chest. "I had a little talk with him a few days ago and it concerns you."

Her pulse sped up and she started to worry what Myungsoo was doing and why it concerned her; most importantly, if Woohyun knew her situation. 

"I don't know the details of why you're involved, but I don't need to know," he gave a warm smile then turned back to look at her directly in the eyes. "All I know is that he's putting a lot of efforts in protecting you...and I've never seen him want to protect someone as much as you. I guess you can say you're special."

He leaned back into the couch and let out a sigh. 

"Myungsoo hasn't loved or had the determination to protect someone outside of the family ever since he gave up his first love," Woohyun said and Jisu had already knew Haneul was Myungsoo's first love. "But I'm glad to see this side of him."

Jisu wasn't able to calm her heart down and stared at Woohyun wanting to know more, but there was nothing more to add on. 

Woohyun let out another sigh and spoke again, "Whatever it is that you're dealing with, just remember that there is always Haneul and I around to help you. Don't be afraid to come to us too when you need us, we're more than happy to help."

Jisu felt her eyes burn with tears and it caught him by surprise. He didn't know what to do and panicked a bit, but she smiled and gave a breathy laugh. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to have you see me like this," she said and wiped her eyes. "Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind."

He smiled, relieved and patted her head. Just then, Myungsoo walked out of his room and looked at Woohyun, who's hand was still on Jisu's head, then he turned to Jisu. He felt anger rise up in him, but he endured it. 

"Look, Sleeping Beauty decided to wake up," Woohyun teased with a grin; Myungsoo ignored his statement. 

"Hyung, get your hands off of her," he demanded and Woohyun did, throwing his hands up in the air in surrender with a teasing manner. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and looked at Jisu. 

"Hey, let's get you home," he said and her eyes rounded. 

"I can go alone," she assured and he shook his head. 

"I'm taking you home," he said and walked towards the entrance. "I'll be waiting for you down in the lobby. Don't make me wait too long."

And with that he left his apartment, leaving her speechless and Woohyun holding in his laugh. She turned to him and bowed. 

"I guess I should get going then. Have a good night," she said and followed after Myungsoo. Woohyun finally let out a quiet laugh and exhaled deeply. 

"Seriously, he's too cute when he's in love," he grinned. "First, he'll deny the fact that he is in love with her. Second, he'll get jealous when she's with other guys; then, he'll slowly start to open up and get his own happily ever after."

Woohyun shook his head at the thought and looked at Miyeon. 

"I hope that when you fall in love with a guy, you just tell him straight up," Woohyun said and she just stared up at him with a smile. His heart melted and he hugged her. "But then again, I can never give you away! Let's just cheer for the two