Chapter 18

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Gongchan's POV~

I woke up and noticed that I wasn't in my room. I squinted my eyes as the natural lighting was too bright and saw that I was in the living room. Then I remember why I was sleeping on the couch. 
 
"Oh~ you're awake," I heard her voice and I couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes.  
 
*Last Night* 
 
"If you need a place to spend the night...come to my place," I said, feeling my chest tighten at this sudden courage. My heart wouldn't stop hitting my chest. 
 
Jisu looked at me with a shocked stare. I swallowed hard and grabbed her wrist, pulling her out of the elevator letting it close behind her. Then there was silence, a very awkward silence. 
 
I turned my face to the side, so that she wouldn't see my nervous expression. 
 
"W-What I mean is that you shouldn't spend the night at a single man's place," I clarified myself. "Its dangerous."
 
"But oppa isn't dangerous," she said and I knew hyung wasn't but I couldn't allow it. 
 
"I think it's better if you were to stay at my place so that my mom can take care of you since you are a little feverish," I said, glancing at her as she placed a hand on her forehead. 
 
"But I feel fine right now," she softly smiled. "And even if I wasn't, Myungsoo would take care of me."
 
I was now fully looking straight at her; I felt my heart clench. 
 
"You must really like hyung," I softly said but she didn't seem to catch that. I averted my eyes down to my shoes. "But still, you shouldn't sleep at a man's place. I'd rather you sleep at mine with my parents around."
 
"But wouldn't I be in the way?" she asked and I shook my head. 
 
"They'll understand," I smiled and she seemed to have given in. 
 
"I guess just one night wouldn't hurt. Besides, Myungsoo oppa is probably asleep by now," she said and I felt my chest lighten with relief. I escorted her back to my apartment and explained to my parents that she'd be spending the night since her "friend" wasn't home; they happily agreed to it. 
 
I let her use my bed while I slept on the couch. 
 
*Present time*
 
"Oppa, you should wash up and get ready for school," Jisu said, snapping me back to reality. I looked at the time and gasped. 
 
I shot up from the couch and ran to the bathroom; we were going to be late. I got ready and ran out to meet Jisu down at the lobby after 7 minutes. 
 
I ran up to her and grabbed her wrist, unconsciously, so that we could quickly get to school. But she didn't budge. 
 
"What's wrong?" I asked, looking back at her. She was at ease and smiled, moving closer to me. 
 
I felt my face heat up as she raised her hand up towards me. 
 
"You're not wearing your tie correctly," she said and fixed my tie for me. I felt my heart skip a beat. "There, all good now. Let's go!"
 
She grinned widely and grabbed my hand, pulling me and we ran to school. Thank goodness we made it on time or else we would've had after school cleaning duties. 
 
During our lunch period, Jisu and Sandeul had gone to the school cafeteria to buy some sandwiches while I was sitting with the others at the rooftop. 
 
As I was eating my lunch, Jinyoung suddenly spoke. 
 
"So, you and Jisu were holding hands," he said with a cheeky grin. I literally choked on my food. "What's up with that?"
 
After coughing for a few seconds and having CNU hyung pat my back, I replied, "We weren't holding hands."
 
Jinyoung and Baro laughed at my obvious lie. 
 
"I-I'm serious!" I shouted, blushing. But they only laughed harder. 
 
"Yah, stop it guys," CNU hyung said and whacked their heads. "He's obviously embarrassed about it."
 
I gave a little pout and just at that moment, Jisu and Sandeul joined us. She sat next to me and I saw Jinyoung and Baro exchange glanced with grins. I swallowed hard and scooted away from her. 
 
"Oppa," she said turning her attention to me. "I won't be walking home with you today. I've got things to do."
 
I looked at her surprised. "Does that mean you're not going to hyung's place?"
 
She shook her head with a faint smile. 
 
"I've already told him that I wouldn't be coming today so he'll be leaving early to watch Miyeon," she explained and ate her sandwich. I just stared at her seeing that her expression wasn't the usual one I'd see. She seemed a bit...upset, but I didn't bother to ask her if there was something wrong. I couldn't bring myself to ask. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I left work early and headed straight home. Once I arrived at the complex I saw Haneul and Miyeon walking towards the entrance. I parked my car and ran after them. 
 
"Haneul!" I called out and she stopped midway, looking back to me and smiled. I returned the smiled and walked up to her. 
 
"You're here earlier than usual," she said as I stole Miyeon from her. 
 
"Yeah, Jisu isn't coming today so I was able to come out early," I answered and baby talked to Miyeon after. 
 
"Is there something going on?" she asked as we both walked into the building and to the elevator. I shrugged and focused my attention on Miyeon. 
 
We entered the elevator and went up to my level. 
 
"Aren't you curious as to what she's doing?" Haneul asked and the elevator made a 'ding', opening the doors. 
 
We stepped out and walked to my apartment door. 
 
"Why should I?" I questioned her. "I'm sure she's just hanging out with her friends or something."
 
We entered my apartment and she stood by the doorway, concerned. I set Miyeon down and looked directly at her. 
 
"If you're so curious then why don't you ask her?" I asked with my arms crossed and she frowned. "Besides, it doesn't matter what she's doing today. She's fine alone."
 
"I don't think so," she softly spoke. I furrowed my brows and leaned against the wall wondering what she meant. "Yesterday Woohyun saw her out in the rain with no umbrella. She was completely drenched, Myungsoo."
 
I felt my chest tighten and I swallowed hard. 
 
"I'm worried that she's sick," she said and lowered her gaze. I sighed and approached her, then placed my hand on her head. 
 
"I'm sure she's fine," I assured her with a smile. "Well, you should get going. You're gonna miss your class."
 
She gave a faint smile and nodded. "Okay. I guess I should go."
 
I nodded and she opened the door. She waved Miyeon and I goodbye then shut the door behind her. 
 
I stared at the door and whispered to myself, "I knew I should've gone to see her yesterday."
 
"Oppa!" I heard Miyeon's voice and snapped back to my senses. I turned around and went to play with her. 
 
Jisu's POV~
 
I waved my oppas goodbye and walked in the opposite direction towards home. On my way I went to pick up Madame Jung's clothes at the cleaners, then went to pick up some medications for her. 
 
Once I got home, I saw her waiting impatiently at the front door. I felt my heart beat speed up and I feared what was to happen. I walked up to her with my head low. 
 
"You're late, Jisu," she said with a firm tone. I bowed my head and apologized to her. "I don't want a sorry, I want you here on time."
 
She snatched her clothes from my hands and examined them to see if there were any flaws. 
 
"At least these are in good condition," she smiled to herself then glared at me. "But because of you, I'm late for my date."
 
I apologized once more and she entered the house. I walked in after her and saw a man sitting in the living room; he was the same man she had been with yesterday. 
 
He noticed me and smiled. I forced a smile and bowed to him before going up the stairs to my room. 
 
"Yah, where do you think you're going?" I heard Madame Jung's voice. I stopped midway and cautiously turned around. "Serve my guest while I get ready."
 
I nodded and descended down the stairs, then walked towards the man. She had gone to her room and I was alone with him. 
 
"Would you like something to drink?" I asked, breaking the silence. He grinned and leaned over a bit, his eyes wandering as if observing me. 
 
"Water is fine," he answered and I went to fetch him a glass of water. Once I returned his eyes were locked on me. I swallowed hard and placed the water on the coffee table in front of him and tried to leave but he grabbed a hold of my wrist. 
 
I felt my heart beat fast, scared and uncertain. I clenched my teeth and turned to face him. 
 
"I-Is there something wrong?" I asked and he gave a smirky smile. He pulled me towards him with little effort. 
 
"Why don't you entertain me for a bit before the old hag comes out?" he asked and I widened my eyes. I panicked and tried to break loose from his grip. 
 
"L-let me go!" I said as loud as I could, but he didn't take me seriously. He snickered and with force, he pulled me onto the sofa and was now on top. 
 
"I've had my eyes on you since yesterday," he whispered against my ear. "Don't worry, I won't tell. It'll be a secret between you and me."
 
I felt my eyes burn up with tears and I pushed against his chest. 
 
"S-stop," I softly cried, pushing as hard as I can but he didn't budge. "Please."
 
He chuckled and I suddenly felt a pair of hands on my thighs and his lips on my bare neck. I widened my eyes in surprise, then shut them tightly. 
 
I hit his chest and kicked my legs frantically. I wasn't able to shout because of my whimpering when suddenly I heard a shriek. 
 
He stopped and I shot my eyes open. We both turned our heads at the same time and saw Madame Jung standing there, furious. She was in her outfit, ready for the date. 
 
I managed to push the man off of me and ran to her as a security base, but that was a wrong idea. 
 
As soon as I was face to face with her she slapped me across the cheek. The sound resonated in the room. 
 
Everything seemed to have paused as I felt the pain spread throughout my face and tears pour out. 
 
"I knew I should have never left you alone with him," she gritted. "You dirty little !"
 
I widened my eyes and looked at her straight in the eyes. She was a completely different woman now; she had the face of a demon ready to rip my body apart. 
 
"Jeez, don't get so worked up over this," the man spoke, but his voice was barely audible. I took a step back away from her when I bumped right into the man's chest. I froze and tensed up, not being able to bring myself to look at him. 
 
Without realizing it, I heard the two screaming at each other. One voice after another, but for me, silence had taken over their voices and tears blinded my vision. 
 
"C'mon, let's go," I finally heard a voice and was dragged out by a pair of strong hands. I finally snapped back into reality when I stepped out of the house and saw the man dragging me to his car. 
 
I took in a deep breath and pulled away. He turned to face me in confusion and I slowly stepped back. 
 
"I'm not going with you," I managed to say quietly and heard Madame Jung scream at the top of her lungs in frustration. Horrified, I ran away before he or she can get to me. 
 
I ran and ran with no sense of direction when unconsciously I was in front of Myungsoo's apartment building once again. 
 
I stood there, panting. I didn't want to see him, I couldn't, not like this. But my legs took over my mind and I ran into the building and straight to his door. 
 
Without the spare key, I frantically knocked on the door when I heard a click. 
 
"Calm do-" I heard his voice and by the time the door opened, I ran into his body and clung onto him, sobbing. "J-Jisu?"
 
Just hearing his voice made me cry even more and I tightened my grip on him. I felt safe and secure with him. 
 
My safe haven.