Chapter 6

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

Jisu's POV~

The school bell had rung with kids piling into the classroom, walking to their seats. I sat in the front seat by the door, seeing a boy pacing back and forth out in the hallway. He didn't look familiar to me at all. 
 
I saw Mr. Kim talking to him, but couldn't hear what he was saying. They then walked into the classroom with the boy and tapped his ruler on the blackboard to get everyone's attention. 
 
"Everyone, we have a new student today who will be with us for the rest of the school year," Mr. Kim said and looked at the boy to introduce himself. 
 
"Hello," he said with a 90 degree bow. "My name is Gongchan. Please take care of me well."
 
I could see all the girls giggling and blushing to themselves, but I didn't know why. Gongchan has a cute baby face, but I didn't find him attractive at all. He wasn't anything like Myungsoo. 
 
"You may take a seat at the back desk," Mr. Kim said to Gongchan, who bowed to him and walked towards his seat. The girls were almost fangirling over him. 
 
"What's so great about him?" Jinyoung scoffed. "I'm the good looking one around here."
 
"I agree with you," I replied to him since he sat behind me. 
 
"Oh~ you think so too?!" he asked with a happy grin. I giggled and glanced at Gongchan, meeting his eyes. He immediately turned away from me and ruffled through his bag to get his stuff. 
 
"Everyone, turn your textbooks to page 316," Mr. Kim said and so class officially began. 
 
After 3rd hour, it was time for lunch. Everyone was running out of their classrooms to get to lunch from starving themselves for 3 hours, but they're not smart like me. I sneak in a few snacks into the classroom and munch away even if I sit in the front seat; to think I was the stupid one too. My classmates just needs to be smarter than they already are.
 
"Jisu-ah~!" I heard Baro sing. "I bought us some sweet potatoe bread~!"
 
"Really?!" I shouted and ran up to him with my little brown bag of food. I took a seat next to him and CNU, enjoying our food when I heard the lunchroom grow louder, girl voices becoming louder.
 
"Must be him," I said chewing my bread carelessly. "Not even after a whole day, he's already this popular."
 
"Tch, he thinks he's so good," Jinyoung scoffed with a pout. He threw his bread on the table and huffed out a sigh. "What's so great about him?"
 
I looked at Jinyoung and smiled, saying, "Oppa, out of all the boys in this school, you're the best."
 
He looked at me with that pout, but it didn't stay on his face too long to have a smile appear. He pulled me into a hug, well more like a headlock and kissed my head.
 
"Aigoo~ you know your oppa the best," he chimed.
 
"You're suffocating her," Sandeul said pulling him off of me. "That Gongchan guy doesn't seem that bad either. He looks really shy and quiet; just look at him."
 
We all turned our heads to Gongchan to see him trying to hide himself in the open. He hung his head low, avoiding eye contact and just continued to walk carelessly.
 
"Should we invite him to sit with us?" I asked as my oppas stared at me.
 
"I thought you were on my side," Jinyoung pouted.
 
"But look at him," I said as he bumped into the edge of a table. I really did pity him, so I stood up and walked towards him, grabbing his wrist. He looked directly at me with round eyes, taken by surprise of my action.
 
"Would you like to sit with my and my oppas?" I asked pointing over to Jinyoung and the others, but they looked away. "What's gotten into them?"
 
"Uhm, I'd like to sit alone. Thank you for the offer though," Gongchan softly said and looked down at my fingers wrapped around his slim wrist. I let him go and smiled.
 
"Well if you change your mind, we're always welcome," I said and skipped back to my friends.
 
"What'd he say? Too cool for us, huh?" Jinyoung asked.
 
"No, he said he'd rather sit alone," I said scratching my head. "Will he be fine sitting alone?"
 
"If he says he'll be fine alone, then he'll be fine alone," Sandeul said picking at his sandwich. I nodded and turned my head to Gongchan to see him standing against a wall, eating his lunch while standing up.
 
"But I feel like he doesn't like being alone," I whispered and continued to stare at Gongchan the rest of our lunch break.
 
2 more hours of school went by and the school bell rung in dismissal. I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the door because of my awesome job, a job where I'm pretty much seeing my Prince Charming every single day!
 
"Yah~! Lee Jisu! Where are you going?!" Baro shouted after me. I didn't care to look back, all I could do was run as fast as I could to see Myungsoo faster. I ran past the school gates to get run over by a biker.
 
"Aish, my ," I groaned, rubbing my as I sat on the ground in pain. I looked to my left and saw someone laying besides me, then he rose up rubbing his head. "O-oh, are you okay?"
 
He turned his head and widened his eyes once he saw me.
 
"Oh~ Gongchan!" I shouted, pointing at him. He quickly rose up and grabbed his bike, hanging his head low.
 
"U-uhm, I'm sorry," he softly said.
 
"No, it was my fault," I said and stood up, stumbling a bit. I brushed myself off and looked at him. "You're not hurt, are you?"
 
He shook his head.
 
"That's good," I smiled and cleared my throat. "Well, I've got to get going so...bye."
 
He just nodded and walked away with his bike, glancing back at me a few times. I scratched my head and sighed. And I thought I was a weird kid.
 
Once I arrived at Myungsoo's apartment, I saw him entering the elevator. I quickly ran to him and got in just in time before the door closed.
 
"W-w-what is this?" he asked, looking down at me with wide eyes. "Why are you in the same elevator as me?!"
 
"Can I not be in the same elevator?" I asked as he scoffed.
 
"Not with me," he said, then his eyes were looking up and down my body. "What happened to you? Your uniform is all dirty. Did you trip on your way here?"
 
"Why? Are you worried?" I asked with a grin to have him glare at me.
 
"Worried?" he snickered. "You're crazy to think that. I just don't want you to dirty my house."
 
"Really?" I said tilting my head to the side. "I must have thought wrong."
 
"You didn't think wrong, you are wrong," he said and the elevator stopped on his floor and with a ding, the doors opened. We both walked out and walked to his apartment side by side, making my heart thump.
 
"Can you stop smiling to yourself?" Myungsoo asked, glancing down at me.
 
"I-I'm smiling to myself?" I asked, touching my lips. "I hadn't noticed."
 
"Tch, of course a child like you wouldn't notice," he scoffed and we arrived at his house. He opened the door and Miyeon came running towards us.
 
"Did you two come together?" Miyeon's father asked. I think his name was Woohyun.
 
"No, we just happened to come at the same time," Myungsoo said, picking Miyeon up into his arms.
 
"It's pretty much the same thing. You two did walk in together, so therefore you two came together," Woohyun stated.
 
"They're different things," Myungsoo denied and sat on the couch with Miyeon in his lap. "If you're done here hyung then walk yourself out."
 
"Tch, I don't know if the cold Myungsoo has really changed," Woohyun snickered and smiled. "I'll be going then."
 
"I'll walk you out," I said to have them look at me, surprised. "Should I not?"
 
"N-no, it's fine," Woohyun smiled and walked towards the door. I followed him to the door and opened it for him.
 
"Have a good day sir," I said and bowed to him.
 
"Thank you Jisu," he smiled. "Don't let Myungsoo's words get to you. He can be mean sometimes."
 
"Mean? He's never been mean to me before," I said with a blank stare to have him stare back with a small smile.
 
"Right...he hasn't been mean to you at all," Woohyun said and walked away. "Haneul will come pick Miyeon up, let Myungsoo know."
 
"I will," I said and watched him walk down the hallway. Once he was out of sight, I closed the door behind me and looked at Myungsoo. He was happily playing with Miyeon, which made my heart thump once again. I really don't know what's better, to spend a day with my Prince Charming or that I actually have a job to pay my debts?