Chapter 5

Fairy Tales Really do Come True [Sequel]

 

Myungsoo's POV~
 
"Johnny oppa?" Haneul and Woohyun asked with raised eyebrows. 
 
"U-uh, I'll explain...?" I said with an awkward smile. 
 
"Do you guys know each other?" Jisu asked looking at me then to them. 
 
"Jisu, this is my brother, Myungsoo, whom we were talking about. You'll be watching Miyeon here at his house," Woohyun said as Jisu widened her eyes. 
 
"I'll be babysitting here?" she asked with the corner of her lips curling up. 
 
"Yes Jisu," Haneul smiled. 
 
"W-wait, let me get this straight," I said setting Miyeon down on the ground. "Jisu is the babysitter?"
 
"Yeah," they all answered. 
 
"Why didn't you tell me you were Miyeon's babysitter?" I asked Jisu, who shrugged. 
 
"You two know each other?" Haneul asked as I shook my head and she nodded at the same time. Haneul and Woohyun looked at me strangely and exchanged looks. 
 
"Well, uhm, I have class to get to so I'm leaving first," Haneul said and kissed Woohyun and Miyeon goodbye. "Jisu, it was nice meeting you. I'm trusting you with Miyeon."
 
"Yes unnie," Jisu smiled and bowed goodbye to Haneul. 
 
"Well, I gotta head out too since I didn't finish my paper work from last night," Woohyun said and got up as well. He looked at me and smirked. "Behave yourself."
 
I rolled my eyes as he left the house and glared at Jisu, who smiled at me. 
 
"Why didn't you tell me?" I gritted as she still smiled at me. "Say something and don't just smile."
 
"Myungsoo," she spoke. "Your name is Myungsoo."
 
"Yeah, so what?" I said with a firm tone. 
 
"I finally know your name," she said, still smiling. I rolled my eyes and picked Miyeon up onto my lap.
 
"Why are working as a babysitter anyways?" I asked as Miyeon played with my fingers. "Aren't you too young?"
 
"No, I'm pretty sure I'm legal to work at this age," she said. "And I need money to pay off my rent."
 
"Couldn't you find a better job other than to work as a babysitter? Miyeon's babysitter?" I asked, but she shook her head. 
 
"This was the only job hiring," she said. 
 
"There are lots of places hiring!" I said, close enough to a shout. 
 
"But they said they didn't need a child like me working," she pouted. 
 
"And you think you're old enough to be watching a child when you're one yourself?" I asked, playing with Miyeon's hair. "I bet she'll be the one watching you."
 
"How can she watch over me when she's younger?" Jisu blankly asked. "Oh, you were using sarcasm."
 
"I don't know if I was," I snickered and tied Miyeon's short hair at the top of her head. 
 
"Well, I'm her babysitter now so deal with it," she said and crossed her arms. 
 
"Yeah, a babysitter for an hour only, then once I get home you can be dismissed," I said with a smirky smile. 
 
"Sorry, can't do that," she said and reached in her school bag. She then pulled out a piece of paper and held it up to my face. It was a contract. 
 
"According to this piece of paper, Miyeon is under my care until 8pm when Haneul unnie comes to pick her up. If you force me out of the house then I'll have to report it to unnie or Woohyun oppa," she said with a smirk, the first smirk from her and I had to admit it, but it was quite attractive. 
 
"Jisu, it's just a piece of paper. It means nothing," I said, taking the paper from her and was about to rip it when she grabbed my wrist to stop me. 
 
"Please don't," she pleaded. "If unnie and oppa saw that I disobeyed them then I'd be fired, so please...don't rip it and let me do my job. I will show you that I can take care of Miyeon and that I am not a child."
 
I was shocked to hear her say that; those words that actually came out from this girl's mouth. I stared into her eyes as she gave me those innocent eyes. I really couldn't turn it down, so I handed her back the contract and set Miyeon on the ground. I stood up and went into my room, grabbing a piece of paper and went back out into the living room. 
 
"Since they made a contract, I'll make one," I said and sat next to Jisu, taking a pen out. 
 
"More rules?" she asked with round eyes as I nodded. 
 
"First, you are not allowed in my room," I said writing it down. "Second...second...ah~ you are to ask permission from me when you want to go out to hang with friends or when you want a day off-"
 
"But unnie-"
 
"Who cares what Haneul says," I said and continued writing down more rules. 
 
"Myungsoo oppa, that's a lot of rules," she said, pointing over my shoulders. 
 
"There's only 7 rules," I stated while scratching my head with the pen. "There's gotta be more rules though."
 
"I know one," she said with a smile and took the pen from me, then began writing. I looked over her shoulder to see what she was writing. She set the pen down and smiled at me, "That's an important one."
 
I looked at it in disbelief. 
 
"Can't fall in love with each other?" I asked with a scoff. "What is this nonsense?"
 
"I've read it in many stories and I've seen it on TV shows, but it's not a bad thing. When a 'couple' says they won't fall for each other or make a contract saying to not fall for each other, they usually do," she said with a grin. "So I thought that if I write it down then I know for sure we'll fall in love."
 
"You must be crazy," I said and crossed out the 8th rule. 
 
"Why are you crossing it out?!" she shouted, scaring Miyeon and I. "That's an important rule!!"
 
"What's so important about it?!" I yelled back to have Miyeon's eyes tear up. "Look what you did."
 
"I-I'm sorry!" she shouted with wide eyes. "I didn't mean to yell!"
 
She bent down on her knees and hugged Miyeon as I felt something hit my heart, it wasn't painful though. 
 
"Even if you're not full at fault, you still apologize?" I softly asked, but she didn't seem to hear me. "You really are a weird girl."
 
After a whole day with those two children, we were all tired out. Woohyun and Haneul had picked Miyeon up, leaving Jisu and I alone. 
 
"It's late, I'll send you home," I said grabbing my jacket. 
 
"No, it's fine. I can walk from here, I don't live far anyways," she said with a smile. 
 
"But it's dark out," I said looking out the living room window. "I can't leave a girl alone."
 
"Are you saying you're worried about me?" she asked with a happy grin. I didn't want to admit, but I did anyways which made her even happier. 
 
"Well, lets get going," I said and walked out with her. 
 
"I actually didn't think I'd know your real name," she said with a small smile as we were walking on the sidewalk of the streets. "Myungsoo, that's a nice name."
 
"I know," I cockily said. "Where exactly do you live? You said you didn't live far."
 
"Oh yeah, after a few blocks down that way you turn right and walk down another few blocks then we're there," she said pointing with her fingers. I snickered at how she was explaining it and stuck my hands in my pant pockets, looking up at the sky. 
 
"It's sad, don't you think?" she suddenly spoke, making me look down at her to see her looking up at the sky too as we continued to walk. 
 
"What's sad?" I asked. 
 
"The stars, they can't shine as bright in the city. There's pretty much no stars at all," she said with a little pout. "Stars are pretty, but sadly no one's able to see it because of all the lights."
 
"No one looks at stars anyways," I said looking back up at the sky. 
 
"I do," she said and smiled. "But since I can't find a single star here in Seoul, I have to rely on the computer."
 
I chuckled and we turned the corner, walking a few more blocks until she stopped walking. 
 
"You can stop walking me from here," she said. "I can go by myself."
 
"You sure?" I asked a but concerned. 
 
"Yes oppa, my house is just over there so I'll be fine," she said and waved goodbye. "See you oppa."
 
"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," I said with a smile and waved back, watching her walk away. Once she was out of sight, I started walking home. "Did I really just say 'see you tomorrow'? Am I really expecting her to come tomorrow?"