Chapter 9 : The Decision

Broken Arrow

 

* Hiiii read on! I won't be updating till next week's Friday I guess. Thanks for reading byeeee. Do up vote if you like this story, it's always nice to give authors a boost~ 
 
 
Jessica bit her lips and tapped her feet as she leaned against the tree, waiting for her boyfriend's arrival. She looked up into the sky, grey clouds were covering the sky and it looked like it was going to rain any minute soon. 
 
What's taking him so long? She thought, looking around her. Students were talking and walking out of the school. Her eyes stopped at a figure quite far away from her. Is that Donghae? She thought as the figure came closer.
 
"Hey beautiful!"
 
It was Nichkhun. Disappointed, she ignored him. Nichkhun quickened his pace and stopped in front of Jessica.
 
"Yo, what are you doing here under the tree? You do know that it's gonna rain right?" Nichkhun said. 
 
"Yeah I know that." Jessica replied coldly. 
 
"Then? What are you doing here?! What if a lightning strikes the tree and you die?" Nichkhun asked, chuckling as Jessica rolled her eyes. She folded her arms and ignored his comment. Silence filled the air as the both of them stood there.
 
"You are waiting for him right?" Nichkhun said suddenly, his voice harsh and unhappy.
 
"Yes or no, it's none of your business anyway." Jessica rebutted. Nichkhun swallowed, nodding softly, his eyes stopped at the floor. 
 
Jessica felt a vibration in her pocket and she took her phone out. She opened the notification and saw it was a message from Donghae.
 
Donghae : Sica, can't walk u back today. sry babe, will pick u up at 10am tmr. Love you princess.
 
Jessica closed the message without replying and sighed. She should have seen it coming earlier. She sat down on the floor. Nichkhun watched her reaction and sat down beside her. He knew something was wrong. Was it Donghae again? 
 
"Hey, what's wrong?" Nichkhun asked. Jessica shook her head. "He abandoned you again?" He added, waiting for Jessica's Ice Princess moment but nothing came. She was just silent. 
 
"You can tell me anything." Nichkhun patted Jessica's shoulder. She ignored him. Nichkhun nudged her and started doing aegyo at her. She didnt like it at all. "You can trust me-"
 
"How can I trust someone who rejected me and humiliated me infront of the whole school?!" Jessica screamed, making Nichkhun jump in surprise. He froze after hearing what she said. Nichkhun's face turned black, his brows furrowed and he sighed.
 
"Sorry," Jessica bit her lips and looked at Nichkhun. This time, Nichkhun didn't look at her.
 
"Jessica, I'm sorry too." Nichkhun mumbled, trying to pretend that he wasn't upset at all. "You know, I hated myself for that. I was a jerk back then. But I've changed, for a girl I realised I actually like."
 
Jessica smiled, "I'm glad you finally found the right girl. It's better this way and honestly, I think you have stopped being such a jerk." She winked and he chuckled.
 
"So... Jessica, why did you became so upset after looking at the text?" Nichkhun asked casually. Jessica's face turned bitter.
 
"Oh it's nothing."
 
"Really? let me see it then." Nichkhun suggested.
 
"No!"
 
"Then? Say the truth!" 
 
"Okay fine..." Jessica hestitated before adding, "Donghae said he would walk me home today but he just texted me that he has something on... It's just weird..."
 
"Oh. It's okay I will walk you home," Nichkhun winked and smiled cheekily.
 
Jessica giggled, "Casanova Khun eh?" She laughed and smacked his arm lightly.
 
"Are you thirsty?" Nichkhun asked, smiling like an idiot.
 
"Yep, kinda." Jessica answered, wiping her sweat. It was a scorching hot afternoon and duh she was thirsty.
 
"Alright I will go buy some drinks. Wait here okay?" Nichkhun said as he left Jessica alone under the tree. 
 
"Thanks!" Jessica yelled as Nichkhun walked off. 
 
-
 
Nichkhun smiled as he hold on tightly onto the two cans of coke. He juggled them as he made his way past table of students in the cafeteria. He grinned, thinking about how suddenly, Jessica and him started talking. He felt great somehow... Nichkhun glanced around the cafeteria while walking. His eyes spotted a familiar guy at table. He was sitting beside a girl and they looked really intimate. As he walked closer, he saw that it was Donghae. And apparently, that girl was the new girl that people were talking about.
 
"The hell?" Nichkhun mumbled, "what are they doing together? Didn't Jessica said Donghae couldn't make it? Wait... What?" Nichkhun blinked confusedly as he exited the cafeteria. He turned around to double check and sure enough, it was Donghae. 
 
-
 
"Yah! What do you mean by it equals to fifty elephants?! It doesn't even relate to this math question!" Yoona complained, slapping Donghae's arm. He laughed and covered his arm. 
 
"Sorry queen, don't hit me!" Donghae joked as Yoona smiled. 
 
"Now tell me what's the answer!" Yoona ordered.
 
"Okay okay~ the answer is... Fifty," Donghae said as Yoona wrote fifty. She then blinked and stare at the answer.
 
"Fifty?" Yoona questioned. Donghae nodded sheepishly. "Yep, fifty." He said, trying not to laugh.
 
"But it's algebra... And the question says express the answer in x and y..." Yoona confusedly stated and Donghae burst out laughing.
 
"It's not fifty right?!" Yoona realised she got tricked and yelled, "Yah! Lee Donghae! You meanie!" 
 
Donghae chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows. "Alright alright it's 3x+xy."
 
"Thanks a lot meanie." Yoona snapped, smiling as she wrote down the right answer. "By the way, you sure it's alright to leave your friend? I mean you can go with him instead."
 
"Yeah it's alright, and she's a girl." He chuckled, eating his fish burger. "Awnd mai gwurlfrwen." He added in between his chewing.
 
"What was that slave?" Yoona asked, concentrating on the next math question.
 
"I swwaid she's mai gwerlfreun." He said still chewing his food.
 
"I can't hear you if you are chewing nonstop." Yoona sang, writing the formulas down.
 
"Okeey nwevurmind." Donghae shrugged. 
 
If only he repeated again, things wouldn't get even more complicated would it?
 
-
 
The scorching sun was really hot as Jessica fanned herself. Thankfully, the shade of the tree made it less warm. She pulled her hair up and tied it into a simple ponytail. 
 
"I'm back!" Nichkhun exclaimed, jumping in behind Jessica. Jessica screamed, filling the place with her high-pitched dolphin scream. Nichkhun widened his eyes in surprise. 
 
"Woah, calm down there, woman!" 
 
She faked a glare at him. "I hate you," she joked. "Now gimme my drink!" 
 
"Alright alright ma'am." He helped her opened the can and gave it to her. She smiled to say thanks. They drank the cold drink in silence, enjoying the coldness in their throat.
 
"It's so hot today..." Jessica heaved.
 
"Yeah..."
 
Soon, they finished their drinks and left the school. They were waking down the busy street and chitchatting.
 
"So... You said about Donghae not being able to walk you home right?" Nichkhun asked curiously.
 
"Yeah, I guess he has something on."
 
"Have you ever wondered what it was about?" 
 
"Not really..." 
 
Nichkhun laughed at her reply. "If you ever will, what do you think it is because of?"
 
"Why that sudden question?" Jessica narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.
 
"No why, just answer me." He didn't want to talk anything about seeing Donghae with that girl yet. He didn't want to make things worst.
 
"Hmm... Perhaps extra training for soccer? Extra lessons? But it's really sad that he has to tell me this last minute..." 
 
Nichkhun nodded at her answer. He guess it wasn't the best time to talk about it yet. She doesn't even suspect Donghae of anything. But maybe, what he saw at the cafeteria might not tell the truth... He didnt know what happened so he felt that he shouldnt say anything yet. Staring at Jessica's ignorant face, he sighed. 
 
 
 
 
(word count: 1,244)