Chapter 11 : Haesica's Date Part 1

Broken Arrow

 

Jessica opened the door and walked out in a denim top, black skinny jeans and a leather black bag slung on her shoulder. She skipped down the stairs and saw that Donghae was sitting at the couch. Daehyun was there too.
 
"I'm done." Jessica said as she went to the shoes cupboard and picked out her shoes.
 
"You took like 10 years." Daehyun commented. Jessica glared at him and raised her shoes, threatening to throw it at him. Daehyun screamed like a girl and raised his hands in a form of surrender.
 
Donghae chuckled. "Don't worry you took like 10 minutes." 
 
Jessica beamed and put her shoes down. "Lets go!" She skipped out of the door.
 
"Gotta go. Bye dude." Donghae said, patting Daehyun's lap.
 
"Hyung, sometimes, I wonder what you like about my sis..." He joked.
 
"Everything." 
 
-
 
"Oppa, where are we going?" Jessica asked, peeking out of the bus's window.
 
"You will know later." 
 
Finally, after a fifty minute ride, they stopped at what looks like a school. They hopped off the bus and headed towards the front door. 
 
"Oppa... This place."
 
It was the orphanage Donghae promised to bring Jessica to. The previous time ended them kissing in the bus stop as it was raining.  Hopefully, this time it would be a perfect visit. Donghae pressed the bell and waited.
 
"Yep, the orphanage you wanted to go to." 
 
The door opened and woman around her forties smiled at us. She has black wavy hair that flowed to her shoulders.
 
"Hi, are you the couple that are coming over to visit the children?" She asked and they nodded.
 
"I'm Donghae, and she's my girlfriend, Jessica." 
 
"Nice to meet you two." She smiled kindly, opening the door and welcoming them in. They stepped in and saw that there were many kids running amok in the house. They looked at each other and smiled.
 
-
 
"Neh! It's a rhinoceros!" Jessica smiled, patting the little girl named Jieun's head. Her pigtails bounced and she nodded.
 
"Raino-serious..." Jieun tried saying it in English like Jessica did.
 
"Rhi-no-ce-ros," Jessica laughed and corrected her.
 
"Rai-no-ce-rous," Jieun's tried again and it just didn't sound the same. The door flew open and a girl rushed in. 
 
"Jieun! There's a big duck in the backyard!" Jieun's 7 year old friend, Nami said as she ran into the room. "Lets go!"
 
Jessica smiled, picking Jieun up and walked out behind Nami. They reach the backyard and saw a gigantic duck holding a bunch of balloons in his hand. He was carrying a huge backpack like Santa clause and the duck was skipping around with children chasing behind him. Jessica beamed and walked over towards them.
 
"Alright kids!" Jessica called, putting Jieun down, who screamed and jumped around at the sight of the duck. "Be good and this duck here," she pointed at the "duck" who hopped towards her. "Will give out presents!!" The kids screamed and cheered. They gathered infront of Jessica. Hastily, they sat down and smiled at her.
 
She squealed in her head, melting at the cute kids. The "duck" a.k.a, Donghae saw her smile and eventually, his face turned into a huge smile. "Duck" passed the bag to Jessica, who opened it. The kids grinned in excitement. 
 
"Alright! Kwon Jaehoon!" Jessica called out, a six year old boy shyly stood up and walked towards Jessica. "Here's your favourite toy car." She gave him a well wrapped toy car. He smiled, showing his toothless mouth. Jessica patted his head, before the "duck" gave him a balloon. Happily, he walked off. Jessica, accompanied by the huge "duck" gave out presents to every kid and soon, all the presents were given out and the kids played with their new toys in the yard. 
 
Donghae was sweating under the hot sun in that suit. He took off the "head" and sat down on the table. He laid the "head" on the table beside him and turned to look at the kids. Seeing her boyfriend so exhausted, Jessica took some drinks and walked over. She nudged him, getting his attention before sitting down on the table beside him. She handed him a can of Pepsi.
 
"Thanks." 
 
"You are sweating so badly..." Jessica laughed, wiping his sweat off his face with a tissue. Donghae smiled at her action.
 
"It's all worth it, for the kids..." Donghae added, "and you." He smirked at Jessica.
 
"Ew." Jessica made a disgusted face at his mushiness but deep now, she loved it. Her reaction made Donghae chuckle. He wrapped his arm around Jessica, who tried to pull away because of the stink of the costume.
 
"Oh my gosh, go away." Jessica screamed before squirming our of his grip. "You stink!" 
 
"Hello, lady! I smell like this all because of you. You came up of this idea and made me run all over the mall to buy presents last minute!" Donghae yelled and chased after Jessica around the yard. She screamed and ran away.
 
-
 
After a long morning and half of their afternoon spent at the orphanage, Donghae and Jessica climbed into the taxi that Donghae had called. Jessica peeked out the car window and waved goodbye to the kids, smiling tiredly. As the car drove off and the orphanage slowly disappeared, Jessica closed the window and sat back. 
 
"Oppa, it was great." Jessica said, smiling at her boyfriend. He tiredly nodded, and grabbed her hand. 
 
"The date isn't over." He added. "Lets go watch a movie!" He suggested.
 
"What? But I'm tired." Jessica complained. He shushed her and said, "Come on, we haven't seen a movie in sometime!" 
 
"Alright then." Jessica finally gave in. 
 
"Um, sir would you please drive us to the nearest mall?" Donghae asked and the driver nodded kindly.
 
 
They bought the tickets to a horror movie, which Donghae begged Jessica to watch, and bought some drinks and popcorn. Donghae showed the ticket to the staff and walked into the cinema room with Jessica. They sat down on their seats. 
 
"Oppa, I'm so nervous." Jessica whispered, fidgeting in her seat. She had always been afraid of scary things. They had a couple seat, which had no armrest between them. Donghae chuckled softly, slipping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him. She smiled and moved closer, fitting perfectly in his arm. 
 
The movie started and everytime it got intense, Jessica was dying of fear. She kept screaming and jumping from her seat. Donghae couldn't help but laugh. He couldn't even pay attention to the movie because of his cute girl friend. The movie finally ended and Jessica was the first to leave the theatre. Donghae quickly followed after.
 
"That was scary..." Jessica mumbled, walking into the crowd of people. 
 
"I think it was alright." Donghae commented, catching up with her. 
 
"You kidding me right?" Jessica said.
 
"No, not at all." He laughed. "Lets to for dinner now, shall we?" 
 
Jessica nodded, she was hungry. 
 
-
 
 
 
(Word count : 1,200)
 
*hope y'all like this chapter. I know it's a little boring, maybe? But it's Haesica. Haesica is never boring. Hehe. Sorry for not updating, I was too engrossed in studying ^~^ anyway exams are over /screams
And I'm back<3