Chapter 18 : Camp Part 1

Broken Arrow

"That jerk!" Nichkhun mumbled, clenching his teeth.


Jessica cried even harder, wishing that all that didn't happen. She still couldn't believe that Yoona would do that to her. Neither could she believe that Donghae believed Yoona instead.


"Jessica don't cry anymore arasso, you shouldn't waste your tears on him!" Nichkhun said, patting Jessica's cheeks lightly. "He doesnt deserve you at all." He pulled her into an embrace and her hair. She bit her lips and hugged him back. They stayed there for awhile, Jessica felt calmer the longer they hugged. 


"Sica, always remember that I will be here for you..." Nichkhun whispered. 


"T-thank you Nichkhun." She whispered back.


He smiled. 


-


On the day of the camp, the students gathered at the hall, all sitting in their groups of ten. Jessica spotted Donghae, her eyes unknowingly stared at him. The crowd infront of her moved and when she had a clear view infront, she saw Yoona there too. There were smiling and talking about something. That made Jessica even more upset. She quickly pulled Nichkhun to the back and they sat down.


"Yoona's in the same group too." She mumbled, playing with her fingers. Nichkhun nodded, staring quietly at Jessica.


"It's okay." He patted her back and gave her a warm smile. She smiled brightly back and assured herself that it will be okay.



"Oppa." Yoona beamed as she took her seat near the front. Donghae faked a smile and sat down beside her. While the teachers were giving instructions, Donghae turned around, hoping to see Jessica. He struggled to see past the students head and finally, he spotted her. She was smiling at Nichkhun and the sight of that made him angrier. 


He had no idea why he yelled at Jessica on that day and even broke up with her. He regretted it but he still couldn't believe how Jessica changed. The way she yelled at Yoona and the way she angrily scolded Yoona. It was a different Jessica. To him, she totally looked like some selfish kid who didnt want to share her toys. But what he didn't know was that she didn't want to share her boyfriend, not toys. And what he thought he knew was that Yoona was the innocent party here and he felt guilty towards Yoona. It was all his fault that Yoona had to be insulted. And it was all his fault that he broke up with Jessica. Every theee groups were assigned a bus, Team A, B and C shared one and so on. 


Donghae followed Yoona up the bus, she of course sat on the window seat and he sat on the other. They sat among the middle seats and he watched Jessica as she boarded the bus - with Nichkhun. He was helping her up and they were grinning from ear to ear. He clenched his teeth angrily. If only none of this happened, that would be him instead. He wanted to be the one with her and not that Nichkhun guy... But he felt stupid for breaking up with her.


"Oppa, I'm so excited! Are you?" Yoona smiled, adjusting the bags near her feet. 


"Yea, me too." Donghae eyed Jessica as she neared him. They both made eye-contact and Donghae was glad for that. He wanted to smile at her but he stopped because her stare was cold and filled with hurt. She looked away from him and went all the way to the back of the bus. Donghae sighed quietly. Sica I am so sorry... Then he saw Minho and Yuri. They both are in Team B, and will be boarding the same bus. The couple walked towards Donghae and instead of greeting nicely as usual, they both glared at him.


"Jerk. We all know you broke up with Sica." Yuri hissed, before walking past Donghae. Minho just bit his lips quietly and followed his girl friend. 


"Hae oppa, ignore them. They are so rude." Yoona stated, smiling brightly at Donghae. He nodded quietly. He didn't agree to what Yoona said. Those were his friends and it was only logical for them to scold him after what he did to Jessica. Still, he didn't lecture Yoona for talking about his friends, he didn't want to be rude.


-


"Yah! Give it back!" Jessica whined, trying to grab the bag of potato chips from Nichkhun.


"Aha, no." Nichkhun teased, raising the chips higher so Jessica couldn't reach it. "Shortie."


Jessica shot him a glared and slapped his arm lightly. "You meanie!"


He chuckled and pinched her nose. "Shortie."


Jessica pouted and crossed her arm over her hands. "I want to eat them..." Nichkhun shrugged and took a potato chip out. 


"Here, ahh. I will feed you." He said bringing the chip to Jessica's mouth. Jessica blushed and blinked at the chip nervously. She didn't know why but she was feeling nervous about it.


"N-no. It's okay." Jessica quickly said and took the chip away from Nichkhun. She then ate it herself. Nichkhun watched her and smiled.


They both turned silent for awhile, each doing their own things. Jessica stared out of the window while Nichkhun listened to his music. As the bus ride was long, Nichkhun soon fell asleep. 


"Khun oppa, look. We are going into the rural areas now." Jessica whispered, still looking out of the window. When she didn't hear his reply, she turned towards him. 


"Oh you are sleeping..." Jessica mumbled to herself and unknowingly, she smiled. She stared at his peaceful face.


"You know oppa, I still don't get why you are treating me so nicely now. Didn't you once said I was a nuisance? That I was ugly and you will never ever want to see me?" Jessica's gaze turned soft and pain filled her. "I loved you for years, and you broke my heart. And then I met him... He changed my feelings for you." Jessica's eyes turned watery when she thought of Donghae. "I love him... And he broke my heart too..." 


Jessica tears were on the verge of falling and quickly, she turned toward the window so no one saw it. She wiped her tears and closed her eyes, thinking about the times Donghae and her spent together.


-



"Jessica Jung, I love you!" Donghae screamed infront of everyone as he pulled out a bouquet of roses. Jessica blushed and shyly looked around her. Almost the whole school was looking at them and most of them were grinning. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. Donghae's face was as red as a tomato and his palms were sweating from nervousness.


Jessica hesitated for awhile. She smiled and said, "Yes I will." The crowd cheered, wolf-whistling and clapping at the couple. Donghae grinned like an idiot and hugged her. She giggled at his cuteness. 


-


She hugged her knees and sniffled, those were gone. She never thought they would ever break up in such a stupid way. It was all Yoona's fault. Jessica cried softly to herself, wishing she could have him back. Suddenly she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her. It was warm and comfortable, just like his. The person she thought was Donghae, the person she loved a lot. But slowly she realised, it wasn't him.


It was Nichkhun. Somehow, it didn't feel right. She quickly pulled away and wiped her tears. She avoided Nichkhun's eyes as she sat up straight.


"Him again?" Nichkhun sighed.


"Yea." Jessica said.


"Don't be sad, here have more potato chips." Nichkhun suggested, opening more bags of chips. Jessica smiled warmly at him as she took more chips.


-


After hours in the bus, they arrived at the campsite. It was a small forest, with a wide field near a lake where they will be camping at. They followed their teachers and gathered at an area of the field. 


"Alright, Team A, C and E you will be settling down near the lake. B, D and F, you will settling down here. The middle will be a camp fire and where you will all gather. Now, all go pack up. Your respective teachers will tell you your partner. It will be a girl with a boy but in a tent, it will be two girls or two boys sharing one. Now go." The head teacher said as he dismissed everyone. The students followed their teachers to the area.


"Okay, here are the partners...."

 



word count : 1,420 words

 

* okay~ so who do you want the partners to be? who do you think they will be? and what do you think will happen? Kkekeke`