Chapter 15 : The Truth...

Broken Arrow

Jessica walked away from the scene that she just witnessed, her mind still in a mess. What exactly is going on? So Yoona and oppa met before? When was that? Urgh I am so confused right now!

 

Jessica was totally lost in her thoughts as she walked down the hallway. Even if her schoolmates started greeting her, she didn't respond. She was just thinking. Thinking if Yoona was the reason Donghae ditched her for. Is she the 'friend' he promised to give study dates to? It's on a Friday too and I was sure he said that he had to give study date to someone... 

 

"Jessica-sshi!" "Jessica!!" 

 

Nichkhun yelled as he watched her walk aimlessly around. He had called her twice but she didn't even hear him. A rush of worriedness swept over him and quickly, he ran towards Jessica. 

 

"Jessica!" He tapped onto her shoulder. Jessica jumped a little, surprised at the sudden contact. 

 

"Y-yea?" She stuttered, looking at Nichkhun.

 

"Are you alright? You look..." Nichkhun struggled to find the right word. 

 

"Upset..." He finally said the word, eyeing Jessica. 

 

"Upset? Pfft. I'm not upset." Jessica faked a smile. 

 

"That just assured me you are." Nichkhun pointed out. "What happened? I was looking for you and Yuri told me you went to look for him." He said, referring the 'him' as Donghae.

 

"Yea... I did..." Jessica voice trailed off before she finished her sentence. Nichkhun could sense something happened. 

 

"And?" 

 

"What?" Jessica blinked.

 

"Why are you so upset now?" Nichkhun asked, grabbing Jessica's wrist. Jessica stared up at him, she was hestitating whether to tell him or not. Afterall, he hurt her infront of many people before. And those times were painful and embarassing. She was lucky not many people remember that incident anymore. 

 

"You can tell me." Nichkhun said, staring warmly into her eyes. Jessica nodded, relieving her tensed up shoulders. 

 

"Let's go somewhere private." Jessica stated, squirming her wrist out of his grip. They both went out to the garden and sat by the tree they once sat before on Friday. 

 

"Okay, now tell me why you are upset." 

 

"Nichkhun oppa." Jessica took a deep breath. Nichkhun felt something weird inside of him when he heard her call him 'oppa'. It was the first time she called him that ever since he rejected her harshly. "Do you remember... On Friday, I told you that Donghae oppa had something on and he couldn't walk me home?" She asked, looking up at him. 

 

Nichkhun gulped. Does she know? "Yeah... Why?" He quickly avoided her gaze and sat down on the grass patch. 

 

"Well... Do you know why?" Jessica bit her lips and sat down beside him.

 

"No... No I don't." 

 

"Oppa... I think I do, now." Jessica said. She could feel her eyes burn and she fought back her tears. Nichkhun slowly turned his head towards her.

 

She knows? He thought.

 

"Why is it?" He asked anyway.

 

"I think... I think it's because of Yoona. The girl you saw earlier during the match. The new girl..." Jessica's heart was beating rapidly as she said that. How she wished that it wasn't true. "He ditched me for her..." And with that, tears started flowing down her cheeks. Nichkhun watched as Jessica cried softly to herself. 

 

"Jessica..." He moved closer to her. "Are you sure?" 

 

"I think so... Well, o-oppa do you think so?" She asked, wiping her eyes. 

 

"Jessica, there's something I need to tell you." Nichkhun finally confessed. He had to tell her the truth. "On that day, I went to buy drinks, remember?"

 

"Yea."

 

"And... I-I... I saw him and Yoona together. They were studying together and... He..." Nichkhun eyed Jessica. He didn't want to say the last words but he had to. "He looked very happy."

 

Jessica froze, her eyes still gazing into Nichkhun's. At that moment, her mind was blank. So he did ditch me for her. And then, it hit her. 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I was staying back with this guy and-"

"Oh my gosh! What guy?" Jessica giggled and wiggled her eyebrows. "Is he your boyfriend?!"

"Nah~" Yoona blushed. "He is really cute and nice..."
 
"I am going for a study date with him after school!" Yoona whispered happily.
 
"So... You said about Donghae not being able to walk you home right?"
 
"Have you ever wondered what it was about?" 
 
"If you ever will, what do you think it is because of?"
 
and the text message — Donghae : hey, I'm sry. It's cus I promised my friend to give her tuition on her math and science. She brought notes and all, cnt let her down.
 
"I heard she's getting closer with your boyfriend, aka, Donghae." Nichkhun stated, pointing to Donghae and Yoona.
 
"Oh come on, they haven't met before..." Jessica mumbled, staring at them. 

"Really? You think so?"

 
 
 
 
 
 
Now it all made sense to her. Yoona and Donghae met on the day she missed Yoona's study date. The day he left her alone in school was for Yoona. The guy Yoona talked about was Donghae. And the 'friend' was Yoona. Nichkhun knew it all along...
 
 

"Jessica!" Nichkhun yelled, shaking her shoulders. Jessica snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Nichkhun.

 

"I want to go home." Jessica stood up and her face was expressionless. It made Nichkhun even more worried. 

 

"I'll walk you home-" 

 

"No it's alright." Jessica pushed Nichkhun away and walked off. Nichkhun watch her walk off, his heart sank. He didn't feel right at all.

 

"Why am I feeling this way? Why am I feeling upset watching you like that?" Nichkhun questioned himself. 

 

 

 

* Hey everyone. I'm sorry for not updating for quite awhile. I was having writer's block and finally, I can bring myself to write this chap with no awkwardness. I was kind of stuck on how I should write it. Like how she'll know the truth. And now I wrote it as Nichkhun was told her. And it seems like Khun is feeling something for Sica isn't it? c: Muahaha. now byeeee. might write another update soon!